Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mystery animals in my recent box

Go down 
+8
Saarlooswolfhound
WhiteLightning Wolf
landrover
Babdo
Taos
pipsxlch
George
Bonnie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Mystery animals in my recent box Empty
PostSubject: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 4:04 am

I was very busy taking photos tonight! These are the ones I couldn't find on TAW and which have no helpful markings. They felt like sets, but maybe also like knock offs of sets. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!!!

Set of cetaceans/pinnipeds - all hard plastic, no markings
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Beaver - marked only China. Is it a knock off of the Nayab beaver?

Set of dogs and cats - all are rubbery plastic with a hole on the underside, no markings

Comparing the Pekinese to the other Peke/Chin I have (Hang Shun Toys)

This mouse - marked Made in China

Cat and Dog - seem to go together based on stamp text, Made in China. Cat looks like it might be a knock off of the Club Earth cats, but I don't have this specific original mold.

Last edited by Jill on Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 9:03 am

These are chinese figures. Hard to find the correctly maker. But the beaver is by Nayab i think

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Thank you! I wasn't sure if a Nayab figure would have the brand name or not, and since this one doesn't, I thought he might not be the original.

I had some hope these might be identifiable since some of my other unmarked creatures have been, but I would not be surprised if they are in fact more "random." Which, no problem, I have a growing "random" box. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 6:48 pm

I definitely recognise the walrus and seal which I have- unfortunately I don't know the brand but like Andreas I would guess generalised made in China figures! Very Happy
And now for the wonderful dogs! cheers Such a gorgeous collie, the sculpt is so nice and I think this model would almost be perfect if it was repainted! I love you I think this is probably one of those moulds that has been used across many brands, and this dog probably came in a made in China pack! If this helps I found a link, and I think that it's the same collie even though it's painted differently:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The other two are lovely too! They are part of a series of 8 dogs made by Shing Hing Toys as pencil toppers! Very Happy I have a Pomeranian from this series, here (Thank you so much to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy) :
I hope this helps! sunny

Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 7:35 pm

Nayabs often aren't marked with the brand names on the hollow " made in china" like models. The beaver looks like a nayab to me. I like those dog figures! Some small breeds not often seen in toy form.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 8:37 pm

Thank you both!!

Bonnie, you're exactly right on the collie, because the cat, pig, cow, and poultry were also in this box. I didn't post some of them here because they were a little less interesting to me, haha, and also don't have the same stamps, so I didn't assume they went together.

Pencil toppers perfectly explains that hole for sure! I'll admit I was hoping the Shih Tzu was going to be the one from the Club Earth set, from the photo. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 8:44 pm

Jill wrote:
Thank you both!!

Bonnie, you're exactly right on the collie, because the cat, pig, cow, and poultry were also in this box. I didn't post some of them here because they were a little less interesting to me, haha, and also don't have the same stamps, so I didn't assume they went together.

Pencil toppers perfectly explains that hole for sure! I'll admit I was hoping the Shih Tzu was going to be the one from the Club Earth set, from the photo. Wink
So glad it helped, and that the collie mystery made sense! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 3:27 am

More!

I looked under Wing Mau (that's the logo, right?) and saw that there is a Kitties Collection, but no images. Wasn't sure if this was that, or something else.

And this guy is the same mold as the Play Visions moropus, just a different color. Wasn't sure if it was just a knock off, or if there's a different set out there? He has 20 Moropus China stamped on him (like so many of my Play Visions/Club Earth/Something like that creatures).
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 4:37 am

That is indeed a WingMau kitty. And what a strange looking striped figure!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 7:57 am

I think a old Wing Mau Kitty

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 1:29 pm

Is it from this set?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 2:44 pm

Thank you all! Yes, Roger, it’s that second one on the top in the photo, thank you!

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That is indeed a WingMau kitty. And what a strange looking striped figure!
Isn’t he? I don’t know my prehistoric animals very well, so I had no idea what he was supposed to be in the photo of the lot.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 6:27 pm

To be fair, he does look like a tigerkangaroolizard, the way they've made him - so even if you'd heard of them before, I don't know you'd have immediately recognised him as one Laughing

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 8:53 pm

I absolutely thought he was going to be some kind of kangaroo dinosaur. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 9:10 pm

These two are wonderful, but I just love that gorgeous Wing Mau cat and the set looks really nice too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 9:42 pm

Roger wrote:
Is it from this set?

Interesting, so we know the sets exists

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 10:46 pm

Maybe we should open dedicated topics to see if we can find pictures of the Kitty and Pupy sets. They're nice actually.

About the moropus, as we assumed here - number 20 is the number used to this mould on Play Visions series. It is used by other brands but markings are different.
For now, it is safer to assume it is just a color variation of this model.

Picture from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We could complete the series on TAW through the work developed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Some pictures are not showing since the TAW was moved to a new platform but TAW won't let me to fix the topic for now and the set is complete anyway.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 am

Nice, thank you!

I will just let this guy hang out and not worry too much about him and if he has more in his alternate color set, as the prehistoric beasts are not as much my interest.

I like those cats and dogs, though! I probably need another obscure little set to look for . . . Wink
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 5:40 am

Good luck with the Wing Mau puppies/kittens! They're hard to find if you're looking for the whole set, though some appear not rarely. I only remember seeing them being sold new once, at a little toy shop in Key West. Haven't been able to make it down there again, and I'm unsure if it's still there even.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 6:02 am

I have all the puppies and kittens but have repainted some of the puppies. I see them in some places near me. Maybe I will buy some extras next time I see them for anyone interested.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 5:03 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I have all the puppies and kittens but have repainted some of the puppies. I see them in some places near me. Maybe I will buy some extras next time I see them for anyone interested.
I would be interested if you found some again! :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 9:54 pm

Those dogs are so so wonderful! cheers
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySat May 01, 2021 4:53 am

I have at least 1 dog (bulldog) and 1 cat in my trade box. They do pop up if you check random lots.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySun May 16, 2021 11:10 am

The Toy Major 1997 mares and foals presented previously in this topic have now their [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box EmptySun May 16, 2021 4:24 pm

I too have some of the Wing Mau kittens and puppies and they sometimes pop up for sale/on Ebay.

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystery animals in my recent box
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next