Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mystery animals in my recent box

Go down 
+8
Saarlooswolfhound
WhiteLightning Wolf
landrover
Babdo
Taos
pipsxlch
George
Bonnie
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 11:27 pm

Wow, look at those eyes! Shocked The actual sculpts look quite nice, especially those curls of the poodle, but I've never seen them before! Very interesting, I'll let you know if I ever find out more! study
Wonderful greyhound, and yes he is part of this lovely set! cheers It's an interesting set and I do occasionally see these dogs popping up for sale in places- I think I told you before but they are by Hang Shun and the only one I have from the series is an orange golden retriever! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 am

Thank you! I would love to see a picture of the Golden, if you have one. :) Do we know what the whole set includes yet?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 2:20 pm

Of course! Very Happy
Here she is, along with another Hang Shun dog, a collie- but this one is from a different farm set! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I have it written down that there are 12 dogs in the set: a cocker spaniel, rough collie, dachshund, dalmatian, German shepherd (2 variations known), golden retriever, greyhound, Japanese chin, poodle, schnauzer, old English sheepdog- these are the most I've been able to find but and I'm almost sure is the complete set! study
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 5:05 pm

Nice! That's a very cute Golden! Do you think the rough collie from the set of 12 is in the same mold as the collie from the farm set?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 6:41 pm

I have seen it before and it looked very similar, but as far as I remember the ears were folded downwards at the tips rather than pricked! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Thank you! I wonder, is it this one? This is one from my childhood box:

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 7:15 pm

Oh yes, yes that is it! At least I think it is, it's the closest to how I remember it! cheers Wow, you have so many from this set! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 7:28 pm

Oh neat! Yeah it's very odd because I do not remember having them as a kid, but when I got into the box, several of them were there. I have no memory how I got them!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 8:34 pm

It must be so nice to be able to open a box and uncover all these treasures- especially if there are surprises! Very Happy

Last edited by Bonnie on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 8:56 pm

It was a good launch into the hobby for sure. :)
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 12:23 am

Got a neat little lot in the mail yesterday! I thought these guys might be hard celluloid from the photos, but I don't think they are? They don't feel as brittle or delicate as my celluloid figures, though they are very hard. I'm not sure how to tell the difference. There's no branding at all. They are 2 - 3 inches tall. Anyone have any thoughts on when they might have been manufactured or recognize them from anywhere?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 12:29 am

I have no idea what they are but they are just splendid!!! That spaniel, the pointers, and the first doggie are too cute. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 5:13 am

I also don't know, but I really love the first dog!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 12:13 pm

I don't know either but they're really beautiful! What I find, my favorite is the fifth one. cheers

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 12:19 pm

These dogs are soo gorgeous! cheers cheers cheers I've never seen them before so it was so interesting looking at these vintage treasures, it seems that there are more out there than I thought! Really lovely choices, like Kelly I love the first dog too, I wonder what breed he is based on- I almost feel as though I know it but can't quite say! Reminds me a lot of the type of dogs I quite often see in older paintings- maybe a kooikerhondje is what I am thinking off, they were often featured in old Dutch paintings! I of course adore the collie too, and that spaniel has lots of fur detail which is nice! Very Happy I've never seen these before but I wonder whether they are part of the same series of some other little dogs I've seen, unbranded but made in Hong Kong and about 5cm in size- I think Honk Kong made lots of unbranded dogs in this material. But I wish I knew more about it! study
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 8:47 pm

nice dogs

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 10:43 pm

Great models,love the 2 pointer dogs!!The first model I have had in a standard plastic form and as far as I recall it didn't have any makers mark on it.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 6:13 pm

Thanks everyone! I really like them as well.

Bonnie wrote:
Really lovely choices, like Kelly I love the first dog too, I wonder what breed he is based on- I almost feel as though I know it but can't quite say! Reminds me a lot of the type of dogs I quite often see in older paintings- maybe a kooikerhondje is what I am thinking off, they were often featured in old Dutch paintings
That dog is my favorite as well. I couldn't guess what specific breed they intended, but I don't mind thinking of him as a 'mutt' either - too few of those represented in figures, after all. Razz You're right, though, the kooikerhondje looks similar. That would be interesting if that's what they intended, not a very common breed in the US certainly!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 4:30 am

I think it would depend at least in part on where the target market is. If European, a kooikerhondje might make sense, but if US/North American that's unlikely- I don't think the breed is here, at least not in the ?60s-70s? when maybe this model was made. To me, it's a generic farm collie of no specific breed, just a mixed farm mutt. But like Lilias said, the sculptor may have been looking at old artwork.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 11:37 pm

I'd say you're right. I'd love to know their origin.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 11:46 am

Yes, definitely would agree there, it would depend on where it was made! study Kooikerhondje was a fun suggestion but like you I'm sure a generalised dog/ collie would be more likely!
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 2:12 pm

Fairly certain the company 'Nylint' made them. I see them available in their original packaging once in awhile on eBay. The first dog pictured was part of a farm set, the others were all individually boxed if I remember correctly.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 7:57 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Fairly certain the company 'Nylint' made them. I see them available in their original packaging once in awhile on eBay. The first dog pictured was part of a farm set, the others were all individually boxed if I remember correctly.
Ah, perfect, thanks so much! I was able to find a photo of the farm set right off with that information, and a few of the others seem to be paired with a "pet mobile" truck as well.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 6:49 pm

Just received some of these Innovative Kids horses, and with them were these three figures that I was unable to identify on TAW. They are marked with a (general) species and a letter K just like all the Innovative Kids horses, so I thought maybe they are also an Innovative Kids set? I notice there is a Pets set with no pictures, are these that?

Pony K

Bird K

Rabbit K
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 7:55 am

I think that are farm animals from Innovative Kids. Could be groovy books.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystery animals in my recent box
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next