Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here

Go down 
+13
halichoeres
Caracal
Shanti
spacelab
Burgerenby
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
rogerpgvg
A-J
George
pipsxlch
Bonnie
Ana
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 7:43 pm

Ahh, lovely! I was wondering today how your collie was doing, and if it would be second to join the 'finished' topic.
I know the temptation to make the white show from the display side, I try that if I paint made-up face markings on my horses and ponies, but if it's a model inspired by - or even as a slight tribute to - a real dog, then it might feel more authentic to leave the white where it is.

Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 9:06 pm

My family is currently torn apart since my grandfather passed away and it has spiraled into a conflict of ridiculous dimensions over inheritance and such which is just absolutely painful to deal with as everyone wants to use me as their mediator but I have finally gotten the time to start doing something.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 9:28 pm

Burgerenby wrote:
My family is currently torn apart since my grandfather passed away and it has spiraled into a conflict of ridiculous dimensions over inheritance and such which is just absolutely painful to deal with as everyone wants to use me as their mediator but I have finally gotten the time to start doing something.

Good start with your models and good luck with the assets insanity. Been there, I used to listen to this.

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 9:33 pm

Thank you, I needed that so badly.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 10:36 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your family, I really hope that things start to be sorted out and that it all gets easier!
Beautiful repaint so far too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2021 8:48 pm

Very sorry to hear about your Grandpa!! Sad

Everything is so interesting! Love your different approaches of customizing and painting your figurines! And I love the Dio for the Quagga!!

I am very late with my Cougar/Mountain Lion. Removed all the seams and and different odd looking areas from the production and repaired his right ear with baking soda and super glue. The material of this old animal is difficult to work with. When sanding it gets some rough fuzzy texture.
Was looking for some nice reference pictures of cougars. To my surprise the color varies a lot with these big cats. Very Happy

Last edited by Shanti on Sun May 16, 2021 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2021 12:31 am

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather and struggles with legal matters. I hope it gets resolved soon and your life can settle back down. Your progress looks great! I can't wait to see more!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2021 3:21 am

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandfather, Burger, and that people are being butts over it.

I think I'm officially done with the collie. Off to the 'Finished Projects' thread.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2021 8:47 am

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 8:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm so sorry to hear about you grandpa and family troubles Sad  
Your model looks very promising.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Your Collie looks amazing and it's such a great improvement over the original!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 7:40 pm

Very beautiful and cute fennec Anne-Joke cheers cheers great improve on your Lassie Pipsxich cheers cheers Wonderful result on your quagga and dio George!! cheers cheers drunken

I wish you courage to face these family troubles and sorrow Burgerenby. :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 8:02 pm

It's a joy to see your wonderful finished Collie on this thread! cheers sunny Applause flower
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 5:18 pm

Really enjoying seeing everyone's process :) I still need to get started!

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 3:51 pm

I've started with the gesso today and saw two more flaws in prepping Laughing
It's still 11 days to go so I'm hopeful. The coming weekend seems promising Smile

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 4:50 pm

Put some gessso on my Cougar as well. Some days left of May... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySat May 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Great work everyone cheers

There is a little more then one week left to have fun with painting and to try and finish this challenge.
To encourage you I have here for you a little sneak peek of our STS model painting month mascot:

he's a little bit shy still, but once the challenge is finished he will congratulating everyone who finished in time Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySat May 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Oooh, I need to hurry!! Cleaned my workspace today so hopefully I will get some paint on soon! :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySat May 22, 2021 9:48 pm

Our mascot looks wonderful- I can't wait to see him! bounce
I need to hurry too- just need to get this week of exams done and then I can start on my collie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:00 am

the work in progress models are all fantastic. Very talented people here !

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Burgerenby.

I have some work in progress photos. My giraffe isn't finished yet so I thought I would post these now.

This giraffe is of a real one whom I've been watching nearly every day and lives in Namibia and has a very white coat !

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:40 am

Wow, so much work on the giraffe! Looks so good already!! Applause
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2021 10:33 am

Oooh, that's so labour intensive, I'm impressed with your work - not just fiddly but the precision and sheer concentration needed to get the patches just right from a real individual. I always find it ten times harder to translate markings from a flat photo into a 3D shape, than just invent them a roughly logical and likely pattern!

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2021 10:47 am

That's amazing- I love your method, and how you mark out all the spots first! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2021 11:06 am

Lovely giraffe and what a great method Very Happy cheers

I've started the base color for my bison on Friday. I will try to do some shading today Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2021 8:42 pm

Worked on my cougar these days

Still some edges I needed to fix. This old material of this cougar is a bit odd. When sanding there is still some fuzz, very hard to remove.

First layers are always ugly

I started with a light ocker with some grey in it.

A few layers later and some details on the face

Slowly it looks a little like a cougar :)

Hopefully I will finish him tomorrow. The most difficult part, painting these tiny eyes... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:13 pm

Such a beautiful giraffe and cougar! They both look splendid.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here   STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS model painting month: WIP photos and discussion here
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next