Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.

Go down 
+19
costicuba
sunny
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
spacelab
Caracal
Shanti
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Farm collector
lucky luke
Roger
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
Jill
A-J
RtasVadumee
George
Ana
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. Empty
PostSubject: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 02, 2021 10:41 am

Hello! Very Happy
As May has already started, it is time to open all topics for STS model painting month. Including this one for the finished projects Very Happy
Please, if you finished, send us the picture of your work here. Early in June, I will create a collage of all our painted models together!

You can read more about this event here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You can sign up with your before photo here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And share your work in progress, any additional projects, and discussion, here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptyFri May 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Time to share the first finished project for STS Model Painting Month - the Quagga!
As I said when I started painting before anyone else, someone has to go first Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All finished! I love this little mare, really happy to have her to fill that quagga-shaped gap in my collection now she's done Very Happy

Complete with a little bit of London Zoo backdrop Smile

I managed to find a photo of one of the museum quaggas from above - their stripes don't join in the middle and cross the back, there's a dorsal stripe in the pattern

And one final comparison with the real animal who inspired the model...

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptyFri May 07, 2021 9:46 pm

Ohohoh that's several light years aways from the meh painted one I recently ordered from Mojo, congrats !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptyFri May 07, 2021 9:55 pm

You did it, and with lots of time te spare cheers congratulations!

It turned out really pretty and so full of detail drunken . I also like the little backdrop you made too. Sometimes the presentation can make or break a final piece  but this one definitely makes the figure stand out really well. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:08 pm

Wow, what an incredible recreation! I love how much thought you put into creating the specific animal, and I'm really impressed how successfully you did that. The details really bring her to "life." The detail of the dorsal stripe is my favorite. Nice work thinking to check that. And you even created the London zoo enclosure! I'm sure her keepers at the time would be thrilled to see her remembered in such a precise replica.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:29 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Ohohoh that's several light years aways from the meh painted one I recently ordered from Mojo, congrats !

Actually I'd like the Mojo one as well, I missed that release when it was new!

A-J wrote:
You did it, and with lots of time te spare cheers congratulations!

It turned out really pretty and so full of detail drunken . I also like the little backdrop you made too. Sometimes the presentation can make or break a final piece  but this one definitely makes the figure stand out really well. Very Happy

I know, I'm not sure how I managed to get this done so quickly when usually I procrastinate to the point of painting things ten years after I get them Laughing I think there was some subconscious aim to reduce pressure by getting it done while there was still a big wide deadline of most of may left to aim at, where if I'd put it off til the end of the month, the time running out would've been an added stress and I'd have shut down into the usual hopeless nope not doing it not painting that not painting anything ever mode Laughing

I'm glad it was worth the five hours I spent gluing little bits of cardboard to big bits of cardboard Laughing

Jill wrote:
Wow, what an incredible recreation! I love how much thought you put into creating the specific animal, and I'm really impressed how successfully you did that. The details really bring her to "life." The detail of the dorsal stripe is my favorite. Nice work thinking to check that. And you even created the London zoo enclosure! I'm sure her keepers at the time would be thrilled to see her remembered in such a precise replica.

Aww, that is a really nice thought, I was thinking of her as a tribute to the real one all along, but hadn't considered her keepers. One of them is even present in a photograph, looking very smart and well turned out.

I think detail is what happens when you put a finicky perfectionist in charge of a paintbrush, I just can't help it - simplified or stylised just will not do, I have to go over the top and do things that don't even need doing cos I'll know it's there, hahah Embarassed

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:32 pm

Fantastic piece of work, beautifully painted!

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:45 pm

This is absolutely stunning- you really are so talented at painting! cheers cheers
I just love all the detail, and so softly blended so that it looks like fur, rather than brush strokes- and even the mane is amazing, you have painted it to have just the right texture! Shocked I am amazed, your work is so inspiring and definitely one I will refer back to when practising my dogs! cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySat May 08, 2021 1:00 pm

Your quagga is fabulous, George! It starts as a good idea for this initiative because it is a kind of bridge between your equine love and the most wild nature of this board.
Being a tribute to a specific animal gives also a special meaning to it.
Now the final result is absolutely perfect and the presentation is genial. cheers

George

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySat May 08, 2021 1:18 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Fantastic piece of work, beautifully painted!

Thank you! Glad you like her Very Happy

Bonnie wrote:
This is absolutely stunning- you really are so talented at painting! cheers cheers
I just love all the detail, and so softly blended so that it looks like fur, rather than brush strokes- and even the mane is amazing, you have painted it to have just the right texture! Shocked I am amazed, your work is so inspiring and definitely one I will refer back to when practising my dogs! cheers sunny

I think the texturing on the mould helps with the furry effect, most models I paint are very very smooth so the colours end up much more smoothly blended, too, the fact these are sculpted with some hair effect detailing makes the colour catch in different ways. Like the difference between painting on paper or canvas. Really glad you've enjoyed seeing her, and that she might help inspire you to aim for more detail and fur-like effects in your own model painting!

Roger wrote:
Your quagga is fabulous, George! It starts as a good idea for this initiative because it is a kind of bridge between your equine love and the most wild nature of this board.
Being a tribute to a specific animal gives also a special meaning to it.
Now the final result is absolutely perfect and the presentation is genial. cheers

Yes, I knew as soon as I had the idea that it was the one to go with for this forum, with the love and appreciation of wild species over domestic breeds. And a good challenge to myself, too, as something new to my painting after all this time.

You can see 'behind the scenes' of the presentation in the Work In Progress thread, the backdrop which looks reasonably neat and professional here is made from bits of recycled cereal box, and I didn't even finish the wall cos I ran out of box Laughing

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySat May 08, 2021 7:20 pm

Wow, it's amazing! The paintwork, the customizing, and the background! And the final picture! Everything together is wonderful! Applause Applause Applause Thank you so much for being part of this event! cheers
Congratulations on finishing your work! cheers

Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySat May 08, 2021 7:35 pm

I'm honoured to have been part of it, relieved to have finished, happy to have a quagga now, and looking forward to meeting the next animal to join this thread - who will it be? Smile

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySat May 08, 2021 8:12 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 09, 2021 8:25 pm

affraid drunken Applause cheers

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 3:23 am

My collie is officially done.

In progress photo that shows the size.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 3:38 am

Beautiful! You really brought the collie out in the mold that was a bit ambiguous before. I love the changes you made, and the splash of white on the neck! The gold undertone and the red-brown sable just make it glow. Especially nice subtle shading on the back.

Last edited by Jill on Fri May 21, 2021 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 4:39 am

Very nice work Kelly. Very Happy what a handsome collie!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
George

George

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 9:59 am

Oh, that's great! I especially like that you had a duplicate of the mould to pose with the finished one, it helps so much in seeing the changes made to the sculpting as well as the colour.

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 10:04 am

Yay, you did it! You turned it into a gorgeous little collie. Well done cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 11:19 am

How exciting, I loved following the progress and now we have such a gorgeous collie! cheers cheers cheers
I too love how you have two so we can see the differences- it just shows how amazingly well you have improved this collie- they are now so beautiful! I just love how you have resculpted to make that wonderful fluffy coat, and chosen such rich and collie-ful colours that are so similar to the ones seen on real Sable collies- I lover her! I love you
Amazing work, and hopefully once I've got these school exams out the way I will be able to start on another collie to join the painted family! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 12:52 pm

Great work Kelly, you're an alchemist! Wink

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 3:20 pm

The Quagga is outstanding together with the dio!! love it!
The collie looks awesome too! What a transformation!! Good job!!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 4:44 pm

Very Happy Good job on Lassie Pipsxich  cheers  cheers  and wonderful result on Quagga George!! cheers cheers Applause drunken
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptySun May 16, 2021 5:35 pm

The collie looks great now. I especially like the ears and the white touches.

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. EmptyMon May 17, 2021 8:20 am

pipsxlch wrote:
My collie is officially done.

In progress photo that shows the size.

Yay! That's awesome! It looks wonderful Very Happy Congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. Empty

Back to top Go down

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: