Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.

Go down 
+19
costicuba
sunny
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
spacelab
Caracal
Shanti
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Farm collector
lucky luke
Roger
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
Jill
A-J
RtasVadumee
George
Ana
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 9:47 pm

I finished my fennec a few days ago, and found some time today to take some pictures:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Two others got painted two (I've been working on the three of them simultaneously)

But the others will never be as special as my first 3D print  drunken
Here he is with the original sculpt with it's scanned, printed and painted counterpart:

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:15 pm

Such fabulous fantastic fennecs!

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Absolutely stunning- you have created the most beautiful little model of this species! sunny And I'm still so amazed by how you 3D printed it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:23 pm

Really beautiful foxes! Each one's color is so pretty and well done.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:26 pm

Tiny, adorable, beautifully painted, and I love how you have a whole little pack of them!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:31 pm

Very beautiful fennec and something of my main collecting subject! Congratulations for your work! cheers

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 6:03 am

Awwwww, this is soo cute!! Very well done!! Congratulations on finishing! Very Happy Applause
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 9:11 am

Beautiful fennecs! Congratulations A-J! cheers Applause sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 11:41 pm

Very good job Anne-Joke! cheers cheers drunken I love this fennec! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 1:05 am

Those fennecs are amazing! The fact that they are 3D printed makes them extra unique. I love the soft color blends and the sculpt itself is absolutely adorable. Looks wonderful from every angle!
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 9:58 am

Thank you all! I love you

I do have to say that the fennec was not printed with a fancy resin printer, but with a fillament printer. This meant that the printing lines were still very visible. So the two others were mainly experiments of how I could bring back a fur texture instead of a print-lines texture. With one I attempted to bring in that texture by coating it in a mix of primer, baking soda and varnish and using a rough brush of which the firm bristles would leave a fur texture when applying the mix. With the other I left out the baking soda and I just added lots of layers. (I could have coated them all in a apoxie layer, but sculpting in all the fur details would be just a bit too time consuming so I was looking for a less labour intensive way). Also, my official sts model painting month fennec got his fur texture by using a 3D print pen without fillament since the point of that pen was the right temperature to re-melt the plastic a bit so I could draw in the fur.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 10:27 am

A-J wrote:
Thank you all! I love you

I do have to say that the fennec was not printed with a fancy resin printer, but with a fillament printer. This meant that the printing lines were still very visible. So the two others were mainly experiments of how I could bring back a fur texture instead of a print-lines texture. With one I attempted to bring in that texture by coating it in a mix of primer, baking soda and varnish and using a rough brush of which the firm bristles would leave a fur texture when applying the mix. With the other I left out the baking soda and I just added lots of layers. (I could have coated them all in a apoxie layer, but sculpting in all the fur details would be just a bit too time consuming so I was looking for a less labour intensive way). Also, my official sts model painting month fennec got his fur texture by using a 3D print pen without fillament since the point of that pen was the right temperature to re-melt the plastic a bit so I could draw in the fur.

That's all sounds very interesting! Very Happy
But how did you scan it? I'm looking for a possibility of scanning my bigger models and downsizing them. Do you know of any place in The Netherlands that offers such a service?

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 11:08 am

Ana wrote:

That's all sounds very interesting!  Very Happy
But how did you scan it? I'm looking for a possibility of scanning my bigger models and downsizing them. Do you know of any place in The Netherlands that offers such a service?  

With a little help from my brother we used a turning table and a phone camera and took pictures from as much angles as possible (by slightly turning the turntable each time from a lower perspective and a higher perspective) and used the program 3D zephyr to convert all the photos into a 3D model. But that's not perfect and I had to do some little adjustments with a 3D sculpting program (probably because the fennec is such a small model that it is hard to get all the details, especially the underside ones). It works better for bigger models I suppose.

We also made a miniature of a big lion statue that is at the gate of our city. My brother just went there with his camera, took a whole lot of pictures walking around it from different angles and turned it into a 3D model. Then scaled it down and printed it and then I took over and painted the printed mini version (so most of the credits for that goes to my brother). That was a cool project too.

So I think if you want a real professional scanned 3D model you might look for some people with a professional set up (maybe even some hobbyists who have done is for quite some time?). But I used the DIY version and most of how to do this could be googled Basketball

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 11:12 am

Thank you for the information! Sounds cool!
I would like to save as many details as possible so I guess I would need a professional to do it for me. I will look into it. Smile

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 2:12 pm

And, I finished my bison too! Smile This boy was sitting in the box with unpainted models for far too long. Now he's finally got some colors Very Happy
I wish I could take him for a photo session outside but it's raining, so here are some studio shots.

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 2:49 pm

oh.. breathtaking! Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 3:11 pm

It so cool cheers I especially like the reddish-brown details of the head. Also, I'm curious for which part you prefer using coloured pencils and what kind of pencils you use? (Also, I don't know if that is more a WIP topic question or if that's okay to discuss in this topic)

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Thank you both so much Very Happy

A-J wrote:
It so cool cheers I especially like the reddish-brown details of the head. Also, I'm curious for which part you prefer using coloured pencils and what kind of pencils you use? (Also, I don't know if that is more a WIP topic question or if that's okay to discuss in this topic)

I used pencils mainly for the details on horns and hooves. But also some small things like the reddish hair on the head, or dirt details on the hindquarters.
I use watercolor pencils for that, the brand is Faber Castell Smile
And sure, it's ok to ask here, the topics are separate so I wouldn't miss the final photos for the collage (otherwise they could get mixed with WIP pictures).

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 3:55 pm

It looks so lifelike, I love how the paint job brought out all these beautiful fur details.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 4:23 pm

Wow, this is just stunning! I am a big fan of bulls in general, but this Bison is breathing I swear!!! The look in his eyes!! Love the shadings and all!! Congratulations Ana, he is wonderful!!!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 5:52 pm

Great bison! Nice that he isn't completely clean but has some dirt on his legs; makes him more realistic.

I didn't realise you could use watercolour pencils for this. Doesn't it come off when you touch it?

I won't be able to finish my own painting by the end of this month, because I am away. I know there is a reward for completing the painting project, but I am now wondering what the punishment for not completing it is affraid
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 5:55 pm

I can only echo everyone else, he is absolutely stunning! I've never met a bison, but he looks spot on for what I've seen in documentaries, and he's beautifully painted with so much variation in his coat. I especially like how the different hair colours go with the different textures, and I love that you've made him dirty!

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 9:47 pm

Amazing! Such delicate details and color shifts. And his eye is really the seal-the-deal detail, it looks alive.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 10:06 pm

WOW !!!! That quagga !!!! It is completely, absolutely fantastic I love you Applause Applause

And the collie is amazing also, - I feel like throwing a ball for him, and scratch his ears cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 10:35 pm

I am speechless- what a beautiful Bison, and he just shows how amazingly talented you are!!! Applause cheers sunny
So interesting about the Faber Castell water colour pencils- I'd love to know more about using these, it sounds so interesting (Although this may be the wrong topic!) as I have exactly these pencils from this brand! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next