Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.

Go down 
+19
costicuba
sunny
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
spacelab
Caracal
Shanti
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Farm collector
lucky luke
Roger
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
Jill
A-J
RtasVadumee
George
Ana
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 12:57 am

thank you Anna very much for taking the time to organize this fun event ! and the wonderful collage with the logo of the paint splattered sloth:)by Anne-Joke ! I am thankful I got to participate !
I hope to see the other animals still to be painted, some time in the future:)

thank you very much Alain, Bonnie, Shanti, Anna, George and Saarlooswolfhound:) for the appreciation of my giraffe:)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 4:06 am

Anna, the photo collage is wonderful :)
And Anne-Joke did a really great job on this painting sloth  cheers  Applause

I want to congratulate every one here, for the great job on every model.
They all look really beautiful.
The progress of painting on every each of them was also very interesting to see, something what I did more properly now, bcause i wasn`t so active this past month.

George, the result of your Quagga is just amazing. I love everything on it !

Kelly, your Collie is very sweet. I like the custom work you did and the colours are really nice.

Anne-Joke, this Fennec is the sweetest thing ever. You made it perfect.

Anna, your Bison ... I just love it. Every detail, every colour... Everything look`s amazing.

Shanti, you got the colours of your puma just perfect. The face is really nice.

Burgerenby, the numbat is alive. Very rich colours and details. We see a real animal here.

Bonnie, you made your Bonnie so adorable. Beautiful colours and very good painted details. Bravo !

Alain, the Cheetah look`s beautiful. With all these nicely painted details , it is perfect, like all your repaints.

Sunny, I really like your Giraffe ! You did a great job on it !

Birdsage, you also did a nice job on your mule deer.

Last edited by costicuba on Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 4:14 am

And finally, here is my painted model finnished.

Sculpted by our Anna, back in 2013 Very Happy

The African forest buffalo - cow.  ( but she think`s she is a sloth ...that`s why she came so late to the party  geek )

I hope the owner of the model , will be happy with the result Rolling Eyes

A small walkaround :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And , with two friends :

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 5:17 am

this is such a pretty buffalo, I love her enquiring stance ! and the colours on her face - spectacular ! Very Happy well done

costicuba wrote:
And finally, here is my painted model finnished.

Sculpted by our Anna, back in 2013 Very Happy

The African forest buffalo - cow.  ( but she think`s she is a sloth ...that`s why she came so late to the party  geek )

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 5:20 am

This model is just awesome. I love the shades and minute detailing you were able to include!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 7:02 am

What a wonderful buffalo!! Love the result, the shadings are beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 9:31 am

I'm glad you all like the collage! And our mascot Very Happy I loved seeing all the finished projects together in one picture, it really sums up the event Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wow, I love this paintwork on the buffalo! How wonderful! She looks amazing! I'm sure that whoever will get it will be happy with it! Very Happy I'm really happy to see my old sculpt in this amazing new coloration! sunny

I'm glad you like the collage! Maybe, just for fun, I will make a second version later this month that would also include any projects finished after the deadline. Basketball

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 10:09 am

yay, the collage looks so nice, congrats to everyone who finished it before the end of the month sunny

Sunny, I really like your giraffe! The colours you chose, going for a white coat, really suits the model and it makes it look really awesome cheers

And Kosta your forest buffalo looks amazing bounce the different hues of brown are wonderfully blended and it makes the model really come alive!

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 10:24 am

Thank you so much Kosta! sunny
Your Buffalo is amazing, you have brought in so many rich colours blended beautifully into the fur! Very Happy I also love the gloss on the nose, and the way you have contrasted darker and lighter colours to bring out the anatomy of the Buffalo, stunning!cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 5:42 pm

So many beautiful repaints here. Lillias’s rough collie is stunningly life-like (great colours!), Alain is the grandmaster of spot-painting, the giraffe is very elegant, the buffalo is impressively colourful, the numbat is so realistic and the puma is a fantastic improvement on the original painting.

Compared to all these masterpieces, my repaint is rather embarrassing. But at least I finished it, albeit late. Here is my little rat. I tried to give it two different brown colours, but it isn’t very noticeable.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 5:48 pm

The buffalo is really beautiful, I didn't know they came with such wonderfully shaded deep colours (I'm so used to the plain black species!), it's always lovely to discover a new species through a model animal, whether that's a brand release, or someone's own custom paintjob. She's lovely, and I'm sure will be loved in her new home.

The collage is a really nice idea, seeing everyone's projects together like that really ties it up and captures the feeling of painting specifically to share on the forum, with other painters and interested observers alike. I look forward to seeing version 2 with the late arrivals added into the little group!

[edit cos you posted while I was typing]
Welcome to the group, little rat! He looks very neatly done for that scale, we can see his colour is smooth and neatly applied, even if the two-tone doesn't really come across in a photo, some colours just look better in-hand, I think. Hopefully you'll be painting some more of his rat friends from the same set now you've got the hang of it.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 5:54 pm

I think that rat is marvellous and no less impressive than the others here! Great job Roger!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Yay, the rat looks lovely! It's so cute and tiny I love you
Thanks for joining us, Roger Very Happy Congratulations on finishing your project cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 7:21 pm

wowowow! 2 wonderful newcomers to enter the family picture!

Pardo your forest buffalo is so stunning drunken , Roger your rat is so cute I love you that they both be fogiven to be a little late!  cheers  cheers  Applause  cheers  cheers  Applause

(Hey george! you're now ready to repaint your Clairet cheeta waiting for its friend, just need a sharp brush) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 10:47 pm

Thank you so much Roger! sunny
I love your little rat, he's so sweet and the eye has been perfectly painted and positioned, especially for something so tiny! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 12:56 am

That's cruel Kosta! Such fabulous, rich and realistic painting in that perfect sculpt. It is the most realistic sloth I've ever seen. Laughing I also love the tiny rat from Roger. I think I never told it, when I was really a little boy, with 4 years old or so, rats were my favorite animals. My wish was having a plush of a rat or a mouse. My grandma, made one for me, without fur and it was a rat. I loved it. It is a pity I could not save my little things from my childhood. My first pet was also a rat. Well, what's the interest of my rat mania? Roger's subtle work in such a small figure is what matters now and it shows how plural is this initiative even if all customs are mammals. I think it was a wonderful event and I am glad Anna is already thinking about the next one. bounce bounce

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 1:15 am

well done on painting the minute rat ! he looks very happy to be brown:)
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 2:22 am

I must follow Kosta’s example and comment on each of the completed models, which I failed to do sooner. Sleep

George: This is an exceptional quagga repaint- the blending is beautiful and every detail is in its place. Your thoughts on the painting process are interesting.  Also, your backdrop creation is really impressive and makes the final images special.

Kelly: You gave a lovely, fluffier coat to such a small collie. The blended-in dark areas especially look like real fur.

Anne-Joke: Your fennec has very charismatic sculpting and painting. The face and eyes are perfectly painted for that pose. It was an interesting idea to try different techniques on other copies. Also, you drew a great mascot! I think the sloth may be trying to paint a macaw?

Anna: You really did justice to this model with careful shading and details. The horns look real and the eyes look sensitive and alive. Outdoor photos will be interesting but this background looks great, too.

Shanti: The painting you did transformed this cougar- I like the blended shades from the darker forehead to the buffy paws. It fits right in to the environment where you photographed it.

Burgerenby: This numbat is stunning with its new coat. You gave it so much color and texture that fits together and makes it look very realistic. This inspired me to maybe try and change mine, someday.

Bonnie: That’s so impressive for your first repainting. The face/eyes and fur color at the back of the head give it personality and realism.

Caracal: That is a great cheetah reinterpretation- the spots have such precision on a small figure, overlaying the blended tones. Its friend is very nice, too.

Sunny: You did a great job giving a new pattern to this nice model. It was interesting to read about your inspiration/reference and see how you drew on the pattern. I like the shading on the hooves, too.

Birdsage: You found an interesting model and gave it the right painting to clearly represent a mule deer. The colors you chose look like a fresh, summer coat.

Kosta: Beautiful job on the colorful buffalo. I like the color blending, especially around the legs and neck, and the fur details on the shoulder area and ears, and horns. The face is very expressive.

Roger: Nice work on the delicate rat- it even seems to have a twinkle in its eye. I think that’s the smallest animal model I’ve ever seen.

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 2:30 am

I completed my wapiti bull yesterday. I was slower than I expected finishing it, but I’m happy now that it’s done. It still needs varnishing, which may include just a touch of gloss or satin around the nose or mouth. The daylight shifted as I was taking photos, so I decided to also include a few of those with a difference in lighting.

Thanks everyone for this event, which encouraged me to get this model painted and see your other methods. Smile

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 2:41 am

Really stunning bull! Your paint job really makes each sculpt detail pop. I love rocky mountain elk and the bulls have this feeling of "prince of the forest" to me. You captured this with your work.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 2:57 am

those antlers are just stunning ! they are very realistic !! exceptional work:)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 5:19 am

Thank you Andy for your words :)
And your Wapiti look`s just stunning !
Love it !
Very beautiful and realistic colours. Great touch on every detail.
The antlers look`s like real.
And the face is beautifully made.
Great job ! Applause

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 8:51 am

The wapiti looks amazing, very handsome animal and the way you've handled the paint application differently for the different-textured parts of the coat, and of course the antlers, is superb. He looks so lifelike and accurate now, with very little alteration to the mould itself - you've worked wonders!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 10:22 am

I wished I could do something like that to have such a realistic elk in my collection.
There's no good deer model if there's no good antlers. Unless it is a doe or a fawn. Laughing It is sumptuous as it is supposed to be with this animal and it is also beautifully painted.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 10:50 am

Thank you so much Andy! sunny
What a wonderful Wapiti, if I were to see this magnificent model in the forest I would definitely think he was alive! cheers I love the face, so realistic with all those different shades of brown, and with those glinting eyes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next