Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here

Go down 
+15
Morek
A.R.Garcia
75senta75
rogerpgvg
George
sunny
Caracal
Saarlooswolfhound
A-J
Shanti
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
lucky luke
widukind
Ana
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here Empty
PostSubject: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 10, 2023 4:26 am

STS Model Painting Month - FINISHED works topic

If you finished your project, please post the final photos here!

Some of you have been busy painting! That's wonderful! cheers

At the moment, I'm still in the customizing phase, so I expect to have mine finished closer to the end of the month. Crocodile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 10, 2023 10:18 am

I can't really say that my model is finished, I just decided to leave it as it is now.
Painting a miniature is for me a "masochistic pleasure", it is very stressful.
I'm not saying this to complain, facing trials and adversity is the best university in life, even if sometimes you fail the test.  Laughing

I wanted to change an ordinary Indian cobra into a beautiful Samar cobra.
This very "black and yellow" snake has however a body full of nuances between yellow and black.

To represent these nuances I worked in the opposite way to what I had done until now: first a background of the light colour and then a dry brush of the dark colour with a rather rough result.

I tried to correct this by applying a wash of yellow to soften the contrasts and it worked a little with the added bonus of a shiny look that is often given by too much wash. It's usually a flaw but for once it gives a bit of a snake skin shine.

Finally, I painted the black eyes, the pink and grey tongue, and the black scales on the inside of the bonnet. When you've lost your close-up vision it's a real torture to paint every little black spot. What a Face

Unfortunately, I have more ambition than talent, so the result is not as good as dreamed, but I have learned a lot, that's something. When I'll be better, I'll repaint a Samar cobra again. sunny
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 10, 2023 11:23 am

Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 10, 2023 1:16 pm

Fantastic work!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 10, 2023 1:30 pm

You are always full of wisdom, lots of good tidbits in your post Kiki.

I think your final result is gorgeous and stunning! Really, nicely done.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 10, 2023 7:53 pm

well done! I googled them, they are strikingly beautiful cobras! and you have done an exceptional job.
It has a kind of old style composition model beauty about it, which makes it valuable and elegant.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 11, 2023 5:01 am

It looks beautiful, Christophe! cheers I think you're too critical of your own work. It's really fantastic paintwork and a great improvement over the original. And a superb species choice! Very Happy

Isn't it the first snake ever painted for our STS Model Painting month?

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 11, 2023 11:17 am

Thank you for your comments Very Happy

I don't think I'm too critical, I know what I want to achieve and the gap between my ambitions and the result.
I have learned and I know that the next Samar cobra will be much better... Because yes there will be a next Wink
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 11, 2023 11:34 am

Congratulations Christophe very interesting model I did not know this species, after research on the web. I fell in love with your very detailed painting and your model. Cheer! study Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 11, 2023 12:05 pm

Hurray, the first custom to start off this topic cheers
I googled the cobra too and it is really a cool species! And your work represents it very well, great job! Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 11, 2023 4:08 pm

Thank you Jean-Luc and Anne-Joke Very Happy

Here is my second "finished "model. It is a Wooly rhino Tams7prairie. It is the first generation printed with a plastic wire printer. You can see it with the traces of passage of the wire very visible on the photos, it is a little less in the real life. Since then the production has changed and the new models are made by a resin printer with a much more satisfactory result. It was not easy to give relief and details without accentuating the manufacturing defects. I'm not doing so bad with such a small model perfect for a 1/40 collection.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 11, 2023 6:22 pm

Even with the visible manufacturing trails this is a splendid figure. Thank you for sharing and great job! Aaaaand you work very quickly! I am worried I won't get mine complete as the last week and a half of May I will be traveling.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 11, 2023 8:07 pm

I love the snake, and beautiful subtle job on the coelodonta! Doing such detail work as on the cobra is hard even when both of your eyes (sort of) work.

I haven't had much time, so haven't gotten much more done on mine. Must get to work! My friend's dog has had her surgery and is recuperating well so far.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyFri May 12, 2023 4:56 am

Tank you Paige and Kelly sunny I'm glad your friend's dog is recuperating now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 17, 2023 10:24 am

Three new victims from Tams7prairie: the Moa, the Pyrotherium and the Short-faced bear.

For my 1/35 shelves

For my 1/40 shelves
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 17, 2023 1:14 pm

Kikimalou, you have been busy!! Love every single repaint you showed here, fabulous!! Applause Applause Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 17, 2023 5:32 pm

I love these moa, whooly rhino and short face bear! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyWed May 17, 2023 11:05 pm

The beak does look better with the grey wash! Applause
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 18, 2023 3:22 am

Shanti wrote:
Kikimalou, you have been busy!! Love every single repaint you showed here, fabulous!! Applause Applause Very Happy

Thank you so much Shanti cheers I am well aware that the compliment comes from a very great magician Very Happy

Caracal wrote:
I love these moa, whooly rhino and short face bear! cheers cheers drunken

Thank you too Alain, I'm glad a good painter as you are like my work. Very Happy But! What about my Pyrotherium ? scratch is there something wrong about it ? Wink

pipsxlch wrote:
The beak does look better with the grey wash! Applause

Yes, I wanted to make something like a Southern or Northern cassowary beak. I wasn't sure I would make a grey beak first with a yellow brush dry or a yellow beak with a grey wash.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Well, I left a model in this condition again... Well, I don't want to fill this topic by myself, so I'm only posting a picture to avoid disturbing people. Laughing
If you want to see more it's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyThu May 18, 2023 5:35 pm

Very Happy you are an artist! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyFri May 19, 2023 1:15 pm

It's a delightful paintwork, Christophe! You did it justice with your brushes, the sculpture is also absolutely brilliant! What a joy! cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptyFri May 19, 2023 2:28 pm

These are all simply gorgeous! Superb work especially on that Andean bear.

I don't think I will be able to do much more paint alteration on my dogs before I leave for a trip for a week. I will probably seal them this weekend and try to do a photoshoot with their pack!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptySat May 20, 2023 11:30 am

Thank you Alain, Anna and Paige Very Happy

There is no Andean bear Paige, the Short face bear (Arctodus simus) inhabited North America during the Pleistocene.
I can't wait to watch your pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here EmptySun May 21, 2023 1:26 pm

Here  my repaint big T.M. wolf in a canadian wolf fashion:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here Empty

Back to top Go down

STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next