Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here

Go down 
+15
Morek
A.R.Garcia
75senta75
rogerpgvg
George
sunny
Caracal
Saarlooswolfhound
A-J
Shanti
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
lucky luke
widukind
Ana
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2023 7:55 pm

Beautiful paintwork! I love it! Very natural-looking colors, nice shading, lovely pattern choice, fantastic work, Caracal! Very Happy
Congratulations on finishing your project! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 1:55 am

Kikimalou wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kikimalou wrote:

For my 1/35 shelves

For my 1/40 shelves

Kikimalou wrote:

Amazing! Christophe you are a very talented painter with a very distinct style. I am so impressed with it and each model just looks Perfect painted like that.
These are all superb repaints! Bravo! cheers drunken sunny
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 1:57 am

Caracal wrote:
Here  my repaint big T.M. wolf in a canadian wolf fashion:

What a perfectly beautiful wolf this is Alain! I love the intricate colours of the coat. drunken
Well done! Applause
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 2:02 am

For some reason the paints I am using are just not cooperating with my model.
Last night I spent 4 hours under a bright spotlight slowly painting in the colour, thinking it was looking good. And then at the end of it, deary me Sad
I think I may have to buy a different brand of paint to suit my painting style. The paints I have are excellent quality, but they are just not suited to the way that I hold the brush or apply the paint.
I think I need something heavy and thick that goes on in a thick block of even colour.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 3:45 am

Gorgeous wolf Alain! You have improved 10,000 fold! 

I am sorry Kiki, I knew it was a short faced bear... I have no idea why I typed Andean... :geek:I swear I am losing my marbles.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 8:28 am

What a fantastic job you did on that wolf Alain  Applause  Applause  Applause  cheers I love everything on it but I have a BIG soft spot for his eyes I love you ça c'est du beau boulot !

Coudl you shwo a pic with a Lego Mole rat to show who big it is please ?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 9:34 am

sunny wrote:
Caracal wrote:
Here  my repaint big T.M. wolf in a canadian wolf fashion:

What a perfectly beautiful wolf this is Alain! I love the intricate colours of the coat. drunken  
Well done! Applause

Very Happy Thank you Annette, I hope you will find the right matching paints! Smile
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 9:36 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Gorgeous wolf Alain! You have improved 10,000 fold! 

I am sorry Kiki, I knew it was a short faced bear... I have no idea why I typed Andean... :geek:I swear I am losing my marbles.

Very Happy  Thank you Paige!.. and you know short faced bear and andean bear are cousins!

Last edited by Caracal on Mon May 22, 2023 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 10:01 am

Kikimalou wrote:
What a fantastic job you did on that wolf Alain  Applause  Applause  Applause  cheers I love everything on it but I have a BIG soft spot for his eyes I love you ça c'est du beau boulot !

Coudl you shwo a pic with a Lego Mole rat to show who big it is please ?

Very Happy  Thank you Christophe but you know the eyes are from origine! Laughing

here is the size picture:

and there is this comparison picture with a Schleich model on "before" :

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 10:30 am

Thanks Alain, ok is is huge Shocked It's a very smart choice to leave the eyes as they were cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 6:31 pm

Here are my 3 contributions before I leave on a trip. I have not sealed them yet as I may still fiddle with them... but they are essentially done. 3 variations of African wild dog coats!

And a family portrait.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 6:58 pm

I love the African wild dogs cheers They make such a nice set!
Also, the canadian wolf looks fantastic, Caracal!
As does the bear and Kikimalou's other creations. Applause Applause
So many people getting things done. I really need to sit down and find some creative time to work on mine. Hopefully my paints will cooperate, I've only done experiments with it and not a complete piece so far. Fingers crossed. Hope you will find paint that works too sunny!

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 8:57 pm

Very big improvement on the Mojo one and the Safari ones, although rather atypic, are  very beautiful too! cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Wed May 24, 2023 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2023 6:03 am

oh your hunting dogs look excellent Paige! well done!!
I really like how the white one stands out. The colour markings and placement is really good!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2023 10:21 pm

Nice flock Paige, three model, three personalities. Applause

And now I can't watch safely my own Lycaons Wink

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2023 10:51 pm

Thank you everyone! My intention was to produce the 3 extremes in coloration for these animals, a mostly black (Mojo), mostly tan/orange (Adult Safari), and mostly white (Pup Safari). Now my pack has all sorts of coat patterns and colors and shades. Very Happy

Kiki, I would LOVE to see some wild dogs made a victim of your brushes! You do very fine work indeed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], yes I did know that! My explanation for my typing mistake is that I must have been pondering this when writing my reply and miswrote Andean for Short-faced. My silly brain these days often makes such stupid mistakes...

Back to wild dogs... I think it was the Bronx zoo (I uave never visited in person, only seen on a tv show) had a wild dog with white patterned just so, that it looked like she was wearing a sweater. :) Hence my inspiration from many years ago, now fleshed out in reality!

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2023 11:55 pm

OK, so these so peculiar patterns exist! cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2023 4:09 pm

Yay! All three dogs look great! Congratulations Paige, wonderful work! cheers
And now you have a beautiful pack Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2023 10:46 pm

So many beautiful figures here! The blending on the wolf, the wild dogs... we have a lot of talent on this forum!

I have a cold and shut myself in the room yesterday afternoon for a nap. That gave me time to finish the harpy eagle kittygriff in peace. Here it is.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2023 1:11 am

95% finished my Equus Simplicidens Hagerman Horses
all details about them are in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2023 1:18 am

pipsxlch wrote:

excellent work Kelly! That was a lot of intricate details in there to paint. I didn't realise he was just a handful! From the photos I thought he was a huge sculpture Very Happy
I love how the coat is subtle in colour and compliments those very beautiful shining eyes!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2023 10:36 am

Fascinating harpy! what a hypnotic whatch (regard hypnotique)!cheers cheers drunken

I didn't know the Equus simplecidens till now, I love your pattern interpretation Annette! It makes me think to some painting caves draws! cheers cheers Applause

Please where did you find these models and what is the scale?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2023 10:53 am

Caracal wrote:
I love these moa, whooly rhino and short face bear! cheers cheers drunken

Thank you too Alain, I'm glad a good painter as you are like my work.  Very Happy  But! What about my Pyrotherium ?  scratch  is there something wrong about it ?  Wink

Oh no I just forgot it! It is as fine as its comrades! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2023 3:46 pm

Kelly and Annette! These are all so great! The fine detailing, the blending, the patterns... you both did a fantastic job!

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2023 5:27 pm

Caracal wrote:
Fascinating harpy! what a hypnotic whatch (regard hypnotique)!cheers cheers drunken

I didn't know the Equus simplecidens till now, I love your pattern interpretation Annette! It makes me think to some painting caves draws! cheers cheers Applause

Please where did you find these models and what is the scale?

Thank you very much Alain!

This is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]of the two I repainted Alain, it is a Britains zebra. It had lost most of the stripes already.

I changed the angle of the tail, cut off most of the mane, removed the seams with a scalpel, added a convex face, and filled in the eye holes to make for larger eyes to be painted.

and last year I repainted the zebra as Mongolian Wild Horses

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Kelly and Annette! These are all so great! The fine detailing, the blending, the patterns... you both did a fantastic job!

thank you very much Paige!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next