Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.

Go down 
+19
costicuba
sunny
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
spacelab
Caracal
Shanti
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Farm collector
lucky luke
Roger
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
Jill
A-J
RtasVadumee
George
Ana
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 3:01 pm

Thank you all so much! Your kind words mean a lot to me! It makes me happy to read that you like it! Thank you, thank you!!  sunny  sunny  sunny

rogerpgvg wrote:
Great bison! Nice that he isn't completely clean but has some dirt on his legs; makes him more realistic.

I didn't realise you could use watercolour pencils for this. Doesn't it come off when you touch it?

I won't be able to finish my own painting by the end of this month, because I am away. I know there is a reward for completing the painting project, but I am now wondering what the punishment for not completing it is affraid

Thank you, Roger! If you use pencils (or pastels, or pigments) for painting a model you need to seal it with a varnish. That way the pigments would not peel off, in fact, you can even wash the model and the paint and pigments stay right there if you used a waterproof varnish (and not just a fixative) Smile

No, there is no punishment, hahaha  Laughing But your model stays unpainted and you're not getting a fantastic postcard, that's bad enough I think?  tongue

Bonnie wrote:
I am speechless- what a beautiful Bison, and he just shows how amazingly talented you are!!! Applause cheers sunny
So interesting about the Faber Castell water colour pencils- I'd love to know more about using these, it sounds so interesting (Although this may be the wrong topic!) as I have exactly these pencils from this brand! Very Happy

Thank you so much, Bonnie! Very Happy
You can try for sure with those pencils! I like using them for details, especially hooves. But they can be useful for fur details as well. A few technical tips: keep your pencils sharp, the surface of the model must be free of any grease (work in gloves). After applying the color you need to use varnish and let it dry.  One of my favorites is Winsor and Newton Matt varnish. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:07 pm

Ana wrote:

Bonnie wrote:
I am speechless- what a beautiful Bison, and he just shows how amazingly talented you are!!! Applause cheers sunny
So interesting about the Faber Castell water colour pencils- I'd love to know more about using these, it sounds so interesting (Although this may be the wrong topic!) as I have exactly these pencils from this brand! Very Happy

Thank you so much, Bonnie! Very Happy
You can try for sure with those pencils! I like using them for details, especially hooves. But they can be useful for fur details as well. A few technical tips: keep your pencils sharp, the surface of the model must be free of any grease (work in gloves). After applying the color you need to use varnish and let it dry.  One of my favorites is Winsor and Newton Matt varnish. Smile
Those tips are wonderful, thank you so much! Very Happy I will definitely give it a try! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 5:44 pm

Finally, the rain stopped and I was able to take some photos of my finished Cougar. On the photos I discovered some flaws, I would try to do better next time. But he is so tiny!  cyclops cyclops  Hope you like him! Very Happy  sunny
Now we have a cougar on our ranch, we need to protect our livestock!!  affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 5:58 pm

It's beautiful! What a wonderful puma! cheers And the photos are great too! Congratulations Shanti! And thanks so much for painting with us! cheers

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 6:02 pm

He turned out really pretty cheers and congratulations for finishing all those little details. I think you did an awesome job for such a small figure

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 6:42 pm

Thank you so much friends!! This was fun and I enjoyed your projects!!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 7:14 pm

That cougar is stunning, it looks right at home!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 7:46 pm

What a beautiful Cougar and amazing transformation! Very Happy I just love all the colours and shades in his coat-especially considering how small he is! And all the details of the eyes too! cheers
I love the photos as well- perfect for a cougar! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 8:45 pm

Thank you!!!! Embarassed cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 1:25 pm

The puma turned out so pretty, I love how soft the colours look, it's just absolutely beautiful.

I have finished my numbat last night, I'll also post some photos in my own repaint thread including the obligatory before and after.

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 2:59 pm

Wow, so lifelike!! You did a wonderful job with the numbat!! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Wow, the numbat looks great! Wonderful work, congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Thank you, I had a lot of fun with all those little white bristles in between the red and black fur.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 12:36 am

What gorgeous soft coloring on that cougar, he looks dangerous and serene all at once. Those pictures really bring him to life. Very nicely done blending, it's so seamless and realistic.

And what a perfect little numbat! The hair texture is achieved so well! So many colors in the coat, but all working together so it looks like a real animal and not like a lot of paint strokes. That little face is way too cute.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 10:13 am

Bison, puma and numbat are all magnificent! I love this initiative with so many talented people participating and I hope it is the start of a new tradition on forum. Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 2:24 pm

There is still one more day to go! Will we see more finished projects? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 5:47 pm

I'm catching up the ones I missed (I think I try but fail to click everything in the 'since your last visit' tab sometimes, then find a lot of replies all in one go!)

The cougar is just beautiful, amazingly detailed at that scale, especially the neat and perfect little black-lined facial features, wow!

And the numbat, I can only echo Jill, really impressed with the way you've layered in so many colours and left it looking like fur, not paint. Another beautiful piece!

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 10:43 pm

I worked on Bonnie the Collie this weekend- I had been busy up until now with exams but luckily I managed to finish her just in time! Very Happy I used photos of Bonnie so that she could be a mini replica of her- it was so fun and taught me a lot about painting plastic models, as this is my first repaint! Here are some photos of her, with the original model:
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 10:56 pm

Wonderfull  repaint puma, numbat and collie, big congrats to you three Shanti, Burgerenby and Bonnie! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers :

Last edited by Caracal on Mon May 31, 2021 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 11:54 pm

Wow, your first repaint! It looks so good!! You really accentuated that fluffy ruff and that beautiful kind face. You have such a good understanding of incorporating colors into a long coat for a first repaint, it looks soft and shaded and not flat. And especially nice that it's a portrait of a beloved pet. I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 12:02 am

So beautiful Bonnie, you're so talented! That's really fantastic what you can do and it is obviously a good idea to get a replicated version of your friend. flower

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 8:08 am

Ooh. she's beautifully done, the colour mixing is spot on and the shading and fur texture is just lovely. I really like the way you've done her face, too, it really brings out the handsomeness of the mould compared to the big black dot-eyes of the original! You'd never guess this was your first time painting a model, wow Shocked Applause

Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 8:09 am

Wow, that Collie looks wonderful Bonnie!! Love all the different shadings in the coat! What a transformation! Very Happy cheers Applause

Thanks to all of you for your comments on my cougar! sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 8:22 am

Wow, she looks amazing, Bonnie! cheers Beautiful work, congratulations! cheers
I wouldn't have guessed that the sculpt was actually so good too. The original, boring paintwork just hides all the good things about it. With your new colors, it looks beautiful! I'm especially impressed with the way you painted her head and eyes! And, wow, if this is your first repaint, I think you have a big talent and I hope to see many more repaints from you in the future I love you
I'm really happy that you were able to finish her on time too, despite having exams this month! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 8:47 am

As I was very busy by these days, I repainted my Clairet cheeta only yesterday but had not time to shoot it, so here it is:

and here with its friend from Starlux:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next