Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.

Go down 
+19
costicuba
sunny
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
spacelab
Caracal
Shanti
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Farm collector
lucky luke
Roger
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
Jill
A-J
RtasVadumee
George
Ana
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 11:56 am

Wow, the wapiti looks gorgeous! What an amazing model! I knew the sculpt looked promising but with your customization, it's incredibly good. Big congratulations Andy! Wonderful work! cheers

And thank you for your words about the bison Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 11:21 am

@A.R.Garcia Wow, that Wapiti is just breathtaking!! Did you paint it with acrylics only? This is so beautiful!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The tiny rat is nice too! These tiny animals are very hard to paint and you did a good job with it! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 11:24 pm

Oouch!! drunken drunken drunken Wonderful and stunning wapiti! : cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 8:22 am

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. sunny

Shanti: Yes, I used acrylics, with opaque layers for the main light and dark areas. For the fur details and blending I mostly used combinations of a light and a dark color (similar to the base colors), mostly in thinner wet or dry layers.

The antlers were a bit of an experiment. I brushed/smeared the grayish color over the lighter base color, then used a slightly moist brush to gently scrub at the paint, which either spread thin or settled into the brushstroke texture beneath. It looked convincing so I went with it, then lightened the tips and gave a slightly darker brownish wash nearer the bases.

Rogério: I'm sure we agree on deer figures. I think the Safari bull is quite good for mass produced colors/blending (but they vary between copies, and the antler color could use a slight wash), and the sculpting & anatomy is excellent. I may try to repaint a Safari someday, but it would not benefit as much as this one.

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 5:21 pm

Really wonderful stuff, everyone!

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi there!  A little update from my side. The postcards' prints finally arrived and I'll soon be able to send them! Smile
Also, here is a new collage, this one includes also any projects finished after the deadline. I hope you like it Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 1:12 pm

Love it! Thank you Anna!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 1:48 pm

Woonderful!! Big thank to you Ana! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 2:30 pm

A very beautiful and emblematic postcard! cheers

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 5:46 pm

Oh that's lovely - welcome to the gang, all the late animals! I've saved a copy so I can keep it with the photos of the quagga for my records, so I never forget she was part of a bigger thing and not just another custom :)

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Beautiful, another wonderful collage of all the repaints! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 12:54 am

Outstanding, thanks for compiling those!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 2:41 am

They are all very nicely done and beautiful. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 9:17 am

I'm really happy to read that you like the collage! cheers

Roger wrote:
A very beautiful and emblematic postcard! cheers

Oh, but the postcard has a different design, it has our sloth mascot and says "Congratulations you did it!". It's colorful and nice too Wink
Of course, I see it would make perfect sense to use this collage as a postcard design. But for some reason, it didn't occur to me on time. Perhaps if we make a painting event a new tradition we can use this idea in the future Very Happy

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 9:55 am

Sounds like a excellent idea! I didn't know we had a mascot, it's great.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 6:38 pm

My postcard got here this morning, thank you Ana! Love the sloth Very Happy

I've taken a photo of my quagga posing with the card, but I'll hide the pic with spoiler tags just incase they didn't all arrive today - I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for any other painters!

Click for postcard spoiler:

Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 9:36 pm

I got my postcard today too!! What a wonderful gift, thank you so much Anna!
And the sloth is so cute!
Will take a picture of the postcard together with my cougar tomorrow! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 12:27 am

I failed to keep up with this thread, but I did want to say, all of these customs came out so amazing. There's so much talent on this board!
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 5:57 am

Aw, that is nice, it's great to see the ones that got finished a bit later on there as well, they deserve to be.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 10:03 pm

My postcard arrived today too- thank you so much, I love it! cheers cheers
It will be a wonderful memory of this wonderful event, and such a beautiful sloth for the front, it looks so professional! Applause sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 8:50 am

Checked my mail box yesterday after I came back from a date and I got mine too.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:06 am

So here it is, the beautiful postcard from Anna with that absolute adorable slot! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 2:08 pm

I'm so happy you all like the postcards! Very Happy It's great to hear so many of them arrived happily at your homes! cheers

As you may read in a previous topic about this event, the graphic design of the postcard and the mascot design was done by our talented friend [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Anne-Joke! cheers

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 2:22 pm

Yes of course, many many thanks to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!! That slot is soo cute!
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 11:32 am

I'm a bit late to commenting, had some busy weeks lately, but it's really great to see everyone receiving their well earned congratulations card cheers

I had a lot of fun drawing the sloth since I don't think I have ever drawn a sloth before.

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next