Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.

Go down 
+19
costicuba
sunny
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
spacelab
Caracal
Shanti
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Farm collector
lucky luke
Roger
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
Jill
A-J
RtasVadumee
George
Ana
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 9:15 am

Very pretty!! Very nice looking Cheeta!!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 10:34 am

What a beautiful, detailed Cheetah- it looks so realistic, and all those tiny spots on such a tiny model- you have such a talent for painting these vintage big cats to look alive! sunny Applause
And thank you so much to such kind STS friends: Alain, Jill, Roger, George, Shanti and Anna! sunny sunny Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 10:42 am

Incredible detailing, as always - your thread of repainted tiny big cats was one of the first custom painting topics I read on this forum, it's nice to see another addition to the group!

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 11:14 am

Wow, beautiful cheetah! Great details and I just love the way you painted the pattern! Congratulations Caracal! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 12:41 pm

Very Happy many thanks to you all Shanti, Bonnie, George and Ana! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 12:50 pm

Yay, more new finished repaints bounce cheers Congrats on finishing this months challenge as wel Applause

It is so much fun to see that each one has their different style. The cheetah is very smooth and elegant in its newly painted coat while the collie with its long fur has a lot of depth layers to enhance the fluff! flower

Also, the numbat looks really proud of its new colours in that last picture :)

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 1:12 pm

Thank you so much A-J! sunny
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 1:38 pm

Thank you Anne-Joke! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 1:51 pm

Ana, I miss technical lexic to explain you how I am impressed by this wonderful bison, all the shades you  softly mixed to obtain such a result all over its body! cheers cheers Applause drunken
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 5:04 pm

Thanks so much, Caracal! sunny

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 5:10 pm

You are all so talented! Congrats!

Bonnie, I wonder why wait for a brand to make a perfect collie, while it seems you can make it on your own. The Bonnie model is great!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 12:04 am

I bow to the master; your collie, Lilias, makes mine look very sad!

Alain, that cheetah is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 1:17 am

Bonnie, your paint job really brought out that collie! She looks wonderful! REALLY great job, I can't stop looking at mini Bonnie.

And Caracal what a splendid cheetah too! Amazing details on such a small model, it looks great!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 2:32 am

here is my giraffe, to join all of these spectacular animals ! what a wonderful collection and so exciting to see all the finished ones, and I've read so many excellent tips
thank you for letting me join in:) it has been fun

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 2:54 am

I'm very impressed by the attention to detail. Bonnie has done such a wonderful job with her collie, I love the soft warm eyes! her dog looks so alive, well done! and I love the bison especially with the mud? on the rear legs, the imperfections which make it original ! and the hint of a wet nose and shiny eye and soft sheen on the horns, excellent work Anna:)
and oh! I love the cheetah, so magnificent, how exquisite, especially because I love the 1/32nd scale and to have such a tiny piece of artwork in the palm of your hand, it's wonderful Alain!
The soft subtle spots on the cougar is wonderful, I love that fine detailing! and it has such a pretty face to match the ears that seem to be listening from behind:)
The colours on the numbat are super, so rich and I love the coat pattern, the numbat looks so delighted, well done ! I like how subtle the Fennec Fox's coat is, and his expression is super with the shading by the tear line! Especially with his other litter mates, they look great together.
The quagga is excellent, with the distinct colouration in brown and the subtle shading, what talented work for sure !
And the remake of the collie is great - changing the body shape so much from the original mould into one with weight and shape, and I really like the white dash on the back of the coat, and the face is framed so nicely with the markings !
It's been great to look at all these wonderful transformations !
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 4:18 am

What a handsome giraffe! Such a unique color, what a great specimen you worked from. Very nice work. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 9:29 am

What a beautiful giraffe! I'm so happy to see it finished! cheers
Congratulations Sunny! And thanks so much for painting with us! flower

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 9:53 am

Thank you Sunny for your words which tell so well what I would like to tell too! :)

.. and above all, big congrats for this so beautiful, real, detailed and special giraff! cheers cheers Applause drunken
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 9:55 am

Very Happy Thank you Spacelab and Pipsxich for your words!!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 10:37 am

Such a beautiful Giraffe Sunny, wow! Every marking is perfect and it looks so realistic, I can definitely imagine him walking over the African plains! cheers
And thank you so much Spacelab, Kelly, Paige and Sunny! sunny sunny Embarassed
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 5:29 pm

Oh, hello giraffe, he looks beautiful all finished. A very nice mould you've chosen, and all the more special as a tribute to an individual you're very attached to, rather than just as an example of his species.

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 1:48 pm

I created a photo collage of all the finished projects Very Happy You can now also see the mascot of the event - painting sloth - designed by Anne-Joke! cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you all so much for participating! We have 10 finished projects from the initial 16 (and 2 more are getting close to finishing too). That's more than a half, I would say it's great!
Congratulations again everyone! Very Happy
We are in the process of designing congratulations cards for you too Very Happy
Special thanks to Anne-Joke for her artistic help! I love you

Some statistics?

Surprisingly all of the finished models represent mammals, almost all extant (only one extinct). We have one marsupial, 4 ungulates, 2 felids, 1 fox, and 2 dogs Very Happy The most popular species of this year's painting month was a domestic dog, specifically a Rough Collie sunny I love you

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 1:57 pm

Very Happy Thank you for this wonderful work Ana! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 7:13 pm

This is beautiful! cheers I love this collage, and the placement of all the photos- they complement each other so nicely! Very Happy
And such a beautiful, colourful and characterful sloth by A-J- I love him, and the perfect mascot for this event! cheers
Most of all the competition was so fun, and also a brilliant idea- so thank you very much for organising and running it! Very Happy And I'm looking forward to more events like this in the future! flower
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 8:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: your Giraffe looks wonderful!! What a pretty one!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you for organizing this event, it was a joy to participate! And thank you for creating this collage and A-J for the cute Sloth!! This is really funny! Congratulations to all finisher and almost finishers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.   STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS model painting month - a place for photos of your finished projects.
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next