Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23

Go down 
+26
rogerpgvg
Loon
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Joliezac
pipsxlch
75senta75
RtasVadumee
NandO
spacelab
Seeway
lucky luke
Caracal
costicuba
Shanti
Taos
Farm collector
George
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Jill
widukind
Pardofelis
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 6:11 pm

Ahhh, I love the idea of the two shire foals playing together, their poses look very much like an ideal matching set for all sorts of cute photo opportunities with different angles and placements of the two playmates!
I have a few of those Maggie Bennet micros somewhere, there's at least a draft horse and a rolling horse, but I cannot remember where I put them! A third one from the same parcel I prepped and polished and mounted on a little wooden plinth, as a 'silver' statue for one of my 1/12th scale room scenes, so I know where he is, but now you've reminded me about those others I really am going to have to hunt for them Laughing

The donkey looks adorable too, and I look forward to seeing what colour you decide on. The donkey foal we had at work was the 'champagne' colour (unrelated to champagne gene in horses) and was very very pretty, but I think the darker colours might be better for painting as you've got more contrast to play with.

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 10:40 am

Roger wrote:
Ana wrote:
Thank you, Roger! cheers I'm rather excited about having this donkey foal in my collection. But still have no idea what color should I choose.

That's possible, I may have heard this name Smile I bought it second hand so I wasn't sure. And I have a hard time remembering all the new mold's names. I didn't know that you follow resin horses news Very Happy

I don't follow resin horses news, I just Googled it. Laughing
I think regardless of the color choice, the cross pattern on shoulders is mandatory. It bears a certain symbolism. Zeke is short for Ezekiel, I think it is the name of a Nubian donkey who acted for a Jesus themed movie representing Jesus' Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem. While riding a horse was a symbol of war, riding a donkey was a symbol of peace. The biblical donkey was actually called Lokael and it is said it was an onager or at least some kind of wild ass. It is just a personal opinion but I think it was a Nubian wild ass , a subspecies of the African wild ass but it is the one who possessed the cross pattern present in domestic species as you can read on this Wikipedia article.

Oh right, that Google thing!  Laughing I could have checked the name by myself, why am I so lazy  What a Face
And thank you for the very nice idea for color Very Happy Those are very nice although I need more time to decide Smile

Very interesting to learn where the inspiration for this name could've come from too.

Jill wrote:
Those are lovely, I especially love the donkey foal and can't wait to see him in color someday. What a precious face! And the diorama of the foals sounds so cute. What are those minis cast in? Are they metal?

Thanks so much Very Happy Yes, the minis are cast in metal, if I remember right it's called pewter. The reason for that is that casting pewter is a faster technique than resin casting. I've seen a video about it, it's quite a fascinating process! They can cast a dozen at once Very Happy
Interestingly, the prototypes are all sculpted digitally and 3D printed (at least the ones Maggie created after 2018 or so). So it's a nice mix of modern and traditional technologies Very Happy

George wrote:
Ahhh, I love the idea of the two shire foals playing together, their poses look very much like an ideal matching set for all sorts of cute photo opportunities with different angles and placements of the two playmates!
I have a few of those Maggie Bennet micros somewhere, there's at least a draft horse and a rolling horse, but I cannot remember where I put them! A third one from the same parcel I prepped and polished and mounted on a little wooden plinth, as a 'silver' statue for one of my 1/12th scale room scenes, so I know where he is, but now you've reminded me about those others I really am going to have to hunt for them Laughing

The donkey looks adorable too, and I look forward to seeing what colour you decide on. The donkey foal we had at work was the 'champagne' colour (unrelated to champagne gene in horses) and was very very pretty, but I think the darker colours might be better for painting as you've got more contrast to play with.

Thanks so much! Very Happy
Oh, you have some Maggie's micros too, that's awesome! I hope you'll be able to find them somewhere, they are fun to paint Very Happy

A champagne donkey, that is an interesting color idea indeed! I like it a lot! Although I always struggle with painting light colors for some reason.  

Now that I think of it, the local petting zoo has two donkeys, maybe I could use them as inspiration for painting. scratch bom

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 5:43 pm

Mine are much older sculpts, from well before 3D printing was a thing - or if it was invented already, the machines were only in science labs and cost thousands upon thousands of pounds, definitely before anyone normal could've afforded to adopt it into model making!

I'm with you on light colours, they're so much harder to mix, and to give depth and interest to. I can just about feel comfortable in the paler duns and darker palominos, where you've got some shading and contrast with the mane and/or points, but anything where it's just varying shades of cream and beige and blonde is so difficult to paint.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 11:38 pm

Ana wrote:

Oh right, that Google thing!  Laughing I could have checked the name by myself, why am I so lazy  What a Face

lol!

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am

I've got some new models since May.

First, this Shiba Inu was printed and painted by Nicola Behr. Nicola printed it from a file that's generally available for printing for a small amount. I don't know the sculpting artist of this dog.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I called him Yamabiko (a yokai of echo)

Another dog printed and painted by Nicola is this mixed breed (I suppose some kind of poodle mix?). But now that I look at him again I think it could be a Portuguese Water Dog, what do you think? The same story as the Shiba, he was printed from generally available files.
I called him Soba

I also bought two micro minis from a Breyerfest sale of Dark Pegasus Studio (Aleksander Freda). Both are sculpted by Maggie Bennet and painted by Aleksander.  Until recently I kept pretending I don't really collect micro minis. Well, now I think I do  Laughing

This unicorn was customized from Ember (2018 edition). His new name is Fractalist. As fractals seem almost as magical as unicorns  Laughing  

Morgan, the mold is called Armstrong. His new name is Found Harmonium (after a Penguin Cafe Orchestra song). I'm not sure if this horse looks like a typical Morgan, (there is something pony-like about his proportions?) but this color+pattern combination is hard to find in any other breed. It's a silver dapple with a splash white pattern.

And one more micro-mini, the same sculpting artist but a different painter. This mare is Maggie Bennet's Castanea painted by Larissa S. of Lamati Repaints. Her new name is Femme Fatale.

Other than those I also bought some unpainted resin horses. But I didn't have the time to take photos of them yet. I'll try to do it in the next weeks Smile

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 10:44 am

Nice additions Anna Very Happy

Nevertheless yesterday I heard somewhere Laughing That you like very much group photos Wink

Please do it, I don't know the size of your new dogs and horses and I would be happy to watch them together.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 10:50 am

Thank you, Christophe! Yes, I like group photos Laughing I will try to do it this week Smile

Just for the record, the 3 horses are all 1/64, dogs are around 1/9.

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 5:03 pm

Very nice and rare additions, congrats. sunny sunny

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

I love your photography. Congrats on the wonderful additions!

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 5:15 pm

They are wonderful. That unicorn´s pose is amazing I love you

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 5:43 pm

spectacular dogs!
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 6:19 pm

I was about to ask how big the dogs were, then I saw the scale and it's one I can imagine. The first one's my favourite, his colouring is so richly shaded. I've only ever seen the pale gingery colour Shiba Inu in model form or real life, I didn't know they came in the dark coat too!

The horses I know are so so tiny, to get the paintwork so smooth and so intricate at that scale takes amazing skill - especially that pinto, wow!

I like the unicorn too, which isn't something I say often cos they're so often done as decorators rather than real horse colours, but that peachy shade works as a realistic double-cream dilute so he's the possible kind of unicorn!

Splash is found in Icelandics, and silver is too, but he doesn't look pony enough for that, Icelandic x Morgan would be a potential mix to get an in between build and be fine for the colour combination, but I'm not sure that's something which would get crossed in real life?!

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 6:25 pm

Thank you so much, friends! Very Happy Very Happy

Fernando, I don't know if they are rare. They are handpainted so in a way, they are one of a kind. But the sculptures weren't from limited editions or anything like it.

Anyway, accidentally I had to set up a photo background today for a different purpose so I thought I could as well take the group photos too. albino

And then I remembered about the bird models I got this summer too. Schleich chicken trio and a 3D printed and painted raven (by Nicola Behr again) Laughing

I also tried to remember which of the resin horses are new in my collection and noticed it is quite a big group. Oops! Embarassed Hopefully I can show you the pictures soon Smile

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 6:34 pm

Ana wrote:

And one more micro-mini, the same sculpting artist but a different painter. This mare is Maggie Bennet's Castanea painted by Larissa S. of Lamati Repaints. Her new name is Femme Fatale.

Other than those I also bought some unpainted resin horses. But I didn't have the time to take photos of them yet. I'll try to do it in the next weeks Smile

very nice new models, congratulations Anna!

I love this last one. The subtle variations of brown on the coat are so well done. And I love the pose with the ears back, she is a real beauty :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 6:45 pm

George wrote:
I was about to ask how big the dogs were, then I saw the scale and it's one I can imagine. The first one's my favourite, his colouring is so richly shaded. I've only ever seen the pale gingery colour Shiba Inu in model form or real life, I didn't know they came in the dark coat too!

The horses I know are so so tiny, to get the paintwork so smooth and so intricate at that scale takes amazing skill - especially that pinto, wow!

I like the unicorn too, which isn't something I say often cos they're so often done as decorators rather than real horse colours, but that peachy shade works as a realistic double-cream dilute so he's the possible kind of unicorn!

Splash is found in Icelandics, and silver is too, but he doesn't look pony enough for that, Icelandic x Morgan would be a potential mix to get an in between build and be fine for the colour combination, but I'm not sure that's something which would get crossed in real life?!

Thank you, George!

I'm glad you like the unicorn! True, the color could be a perlino or cremello in a real horse. Very Happy

I think you're right, Armstrong could work as a mix. But as you said it seems like an unlikely cross, Morgan + Icelandic scratch Maybe Morgan + Welsh would be less unusual?

I found an interesting American breed that could possibly work nicely, Virginia Highlander. They used Morgans, Welsh ponies, Hackney ponies, and Tennesse Walkers in the breeding program. On a few photos I could find, they look like the right match for this mold. But none of them looked silver or splash Laughing

Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 7:01 pm

Yeah, I think Welsh are quite popular in the States, as a child's riding/showing/jumping sort of pony (though I read the other day that they don't separate them into Sec A, Sec B and Sec C like we do, they're all just 'Welsh Pony') so they'd be a bit more likely to get crossed if someone was aiming for a larger family pony which wouldn't be outgrown so easily.
There's no silver in any of the Welsh breeds - some photos of dappled liver chestnuts online have been mis-captioned as silver dapple - but that could easily come from the other side of his genetics.

Pity that mixed breed didn't bring in any splash or silver, with Morgan and TWH in there both aspects could easily have come into the mix, but only if they picked them in their breeding programme Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 7:11 pm

These are all fantastic. I love the medieval style unicorn!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 8:56 pm

And very special newcomers again. COngrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 1:25 am

I love every each of them Anna !
The dogs are really wonderful. These tinny horses are amazing !
And the Schleich chikens are so cute :)
Congratulations !

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 7:45 am

Thank you so much for your comments 😊

Kosta, it's nice to see you back 😃

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 8:35 pm

Shocked so realistic painting on so tiny models! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Superb additions especially the pintos!!The dogs are wonderful as well and great to see a black/tan Shiba.The other dog looks a lot like a Labradoodle judging by the size and colour.Portuguese Water dogs then to be more of a dark brown and many have white markings as well.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 6:44 pm

Wow, look at those dogs!!! Shocked I love you I love you I absolutely adore them, I've never seen them before but the original creator and painter are clearly both very talented! Applause Lovely breeds too and I'd agree with Taylor that the gorgeous brown dog is either a labradoodle or a goldendoodle! study Stunning horses too!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 8:47 pm

Thanks so much, everyone!
Bonnie, I thought it could a labradoodle too 😁

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 7:38 pm

I have a few newcomers to show you! Still not the resin horses, I think I will leave that part for the end of the year or sometime in December as I wait for one more package now anyway.  

Occasionally I get nonhorse animals to my collection. And as you know our friend Noemi had to sell a number of models recently. So I bought two beautiful BotB cats: Canadian Lynx and Golden Cat!

They arrived yesterday. And just look at them! The details are absolutely stunning  drunken  drunken

And I like that they are in a 1/10 scale, it means I can potentially use them in a photo session with small Traditional sized horse models. Thinking of a scene involving a snowy forest Very Happy

I also got a gift, a 1/9 scale fox! He is digitally sculpted, printed, and handpainted by my friend Nicola Smile And it's a rare model, she only printed two copies of it! She said she would maybe print one more in the future Crocodile

Here they are all together, and with a lego block for scale.

That's not all. Earlier this year I also bought paper butterflies and moths made by a small company Myth and Moth. I can't say if they count as model animals, technically being just papercuts. But I love them and they look realistic enough to me. I think butterflies are special in this way  Wink  This is about half of the amount I got.

And no idea if these two species could meet in real life or if they match sizewise but I liked the picture so, here!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next