Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*

Go down 
+23
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Loon
Ana
jarda
landrover
sunny
George
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Birdsage
Caracal
Pardofelis
widukind
Seeway
lucky luke
spacelab
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Taos
Roger
Joliezac
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* Empty
PostSubject: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 7:10 pm

Here I would like to post my shelves where I have created dioramas for my animal collection to reside in. I found it a bit boring when I had all my figures just standing next to each other on a plain shelf, so I decided to make different nature displays so that it would be more pleasing to the eye. While these aren't the most accurate, and they are certainly crowded, I think it is a great improvement. Here are a few of my first shelves I set up around last year.

Here is my European shelf: I have the mountain species on the rocks and lower down in the "valley" would be species found at lower altitudes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next is my prehistoric mammals shelf:

Then last on this bookcase is my North American wild life: The rocks are the lower base of the Rocky Mountains and then down below is a stream and snowy forest.

Last edited by Joliezac on Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:53 am; edited 32 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:09 pm

From boxed figures, plain shelves or dioramas, surely this layout you're using is the most spectacular and animated. It looks everything wornderful to me, I especially like the rocky areas. From what you are unveiling, I suspect you have a fantastic collection. Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:17 pm

Wonderful displays!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:23 pm

very nice, although you do have strictly North American species on your European shelves ;-)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:24 pm

Really spectacular shelves and collection! I used to do something similar for mine but my shelves got too crowded and the figures themselves were more important than the scenery. But I really do miss this style of display for my own collection, yours reminds me why I loved it so much! Great displays again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 12:53 pm

What a wonderful way to display your collection, you have done it beautifully and I love how realistic the scenery is! cheers I've been thinking of doing something like this with my dogs for a long time and this is definitely very inspiring to see! Very Happy I love how you have used a background behind the shelf too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 3:40 am

Thank you everyone for the feedback! Here is another: African watering hole

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 8:59 am

Really wonderful! Applause
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 10:03 am

Fantastic diorama I like a lot Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 10:57 am

The materials and layout for the shelves of diorama are very creative, artistic and yet realistic shelves of diorama.
I have to thank you for the inspiration you brought to me.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 12:27 pm

Absolutely stunning once again! cheers
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 1:04 pm

Very nice, especially the last pic with the hyenas!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Really great display and collection again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 6:02 pm

Nice collection :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 5:25 pm

Here is my African savanna shelf:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 7:56 pm

Everything looks wonderful and it seems you can take the best from each brand. I think the ratel won't give any chance to that leopard. affraid

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Your display is so wonderful! Lots of things to look at and very eye catching. Great collection!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 9:29 pm

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:58 am

Very crowded, nice, many masterpieces here. Tough I wonder what the African animals will tough of having a saiga and a king vulture in their troops Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Very rich collection and wonderful dio-display that leaks even more the beautiful of models! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 5:34 am

I sadly had to take down one of the bookshelves that had some displays on it due to us trying to move, so I thought I would share the images here that I took before dismantling. These were made a long time ago and were getting very crowded, so I wasn't too bummed to take them down. Plus I kind of shoved species with each other that don't really go together, but I thought it was better than them being in a box. Hopefully I can create some updated versions on a different bookcase soon as all these animals are now safely packed away in my closet. I hate not having figures displayed but hopefully that can change soon Very Happy

Oceania: Animals native to this region are some of the most fascinating to me, its a shame Southlands isn't producing more figures, I would have loved to see some more unique Australian species! I never got their thylacine or marsupial lion before they disappeared from the site ughhhh  Evil or Very Mad hopefully I'll find them someday. Anyways here it is! I tried to have the Outback with the red rocks and then I tried to do Tasmania/Tropical forests off to the right but it became a jumbled mess, oh well  Rolling Eyes

Next up is my South American shelf. This one I really liked at the time because it was very colorful and overgrown. Got a little crowded in the past months but I still liked it. I really wish there was a good caiman figure, I had to use a Nile crocodile in the river which I thought looked much more dramatic (plus I had nowhere else to put him haha). I particularly liked the harpy eagle nest with the sloth dangling dangerously below.

Last on the bookshelf was Asia. This one was probably my least favorite, and I couldn't really see much of it since it was the top shelf. I definitely went overboard with the snow leopards but I love them too much to not include them  Laughing I did like the "bamboo forest" though. I would like to create a separate shelf for just Himalayan animals, I think that would be pretty cool especially since my friend is customizing a baby and female bharal for me to go with the male I purchased Laughing

I can post more images of my other shelves if you are interested, the ones I have left are smaller but I have more specific habitats. Left to be photographed I have:
-Everglades shelf
-Galapagos shelf
-Congo rainforest
-wolf shelf
-Penguins/Antarctica,
-Northern hemisphere polar animals (polar bears, foxes, seals, orcas)
-Coral reef
-Dinosaur shelf
-Sahara desert
-Andes mountains
-Monterey Bay Aquarium

I still have a ton of figures that are not on diorama displays due to lack of space, but most of my figures are on display in habitats  Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 7:30 am

Beautiful collection and dioramas! It's hard to make it better on shelves. Hard work but the result is rewarding. Congrats! Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 8:51 am

Watching on your dio-shelves is a wonderful way to begin the day! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 9:15 am

Nice again

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Wonderful photos, your displays are definitely among some of the best I've seen! Very Happy It's clear to see how much care you've put into creating these backgrounds, so many different parts to them that come together to make a stunning scenery of models! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next