Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!

Go down 
+19
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Roger
Jill
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
costicuba
Kikimalou
Joliezac
Caracal
RtasVadumee
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
George
Bonnie
widukind
spacelab
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 3:08 am

It is a beautiful figure, on the grass. Congratulations Roger

Applause Applause Applause

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 3:33 am

What a fANTastic  Laughing collection. Are you aware Britains made two anteaters? They are exactly the same except one has a shorter neck. It is a slight difference but once you see it you can tell them apart.

Here is a link to one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 11:18 am

landrover wrote:
It is a beautiful figure, on the grass. Congratulations Roger

Applause Applause Applause

Thanks, Fernando! cheers

thebritfarmer wrote:
What a fANTastic  Laughing collection. Are you aware Britains made two anteaters? They are exactly the same except one has a shorter neck. It is a slight difference but once you see it you can tell them apart.

Here is a link to one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I had no idea, thanks! What I received also from Roger was the color variation pictured below but mine has clearly a long neck. The model you're linking seems to have the head much closer to the legs.
...fANTastic to know. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 8:07 pm

Congratulation for the nice small Kabaya Rogério Very Happy

The short necked Britains is a first view for me, never heard about it before Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 11:56 pm

Thanks friends. With this last model from Roger, this topic gets updated. Very Happy
It is also my favorite of this last batch.
One more Japanese figure, released in 2012 from the Kaiyodo Yotsuba series 1. These sets are composed of black and white animals, an unusual concept. This figure is marketed specifically as a Southern tamandua.
It is not a single piece but it feels quite solid. It is 7 cm long what works with many popular scales like 1:12 or 1:20.
Below a comparison picture with the slightly larger Eikoh and the noticiably larger Mojö Fun.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 11:59 pm

That's a really nice figure. Applause The paint job is clean and crisp but doesn't forfeit realism.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 8:30 am

Nice tamanduas, long long time the PVfigure was the only one.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 11:26 am

Jill wrote:
That's a really nice figure.  Applause The paint job is clean and crisp but doesn't forfeit realism.

I'd say it is a quite unusual paint job. Maybe the idea is to give the impression it is a hairy tamandua. Laughing It contrasts a lot with the Eikoh model.

widukind wrote:
Nice tamanduas, long long time the PVfigure was the only one.

True, K&M mini is a hybrid of poor quality and it was almost unknown. I hope to add the Play Visions model to my collection, it is a beautiful one.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 12:05 pm

It's a lovely figure! I like the painting style too, it works nicely with this kind of pattern Very Happy The sculpture is also perfect and in a really nice size for this species. Isn't it the earliest tamandua model released in the toy market?

I remember that the zebra from this same set was also pretty amazing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 6:13 pm

Oh, what a lovely addition, not just cos they're so much rarer in your anteater collection so each new one is precious, but such a sweet little figure in it's own right.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 7:02 pm

What material do you think the Kabaya is made of? It's very hard, it feels almost like stone. I am guessing some kind of resin, but I don't know what it is.

I have never seen the short-necked Britains anteater. I need to check whether I have one in my doubles boxes. Did Britains use a mould with a short neck (so there should be more) or did this specific anteater not come out of its mould properly and is therefore malformed (so it's a one-off)?

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 7:17 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
What material do you think the Kabaya is made of? It's very hard, it feels almost like stone. I am guessing some kind of resin, but I don't know what it is.

I have never seen the short-necked Britains anteater. I need to check whether I have one in my doubles boxes. Did Britains use a mould with a short neck (so there should be more) or did this specific anteater not come out of its mould properly and is therefore malformed (so it's a one-off)?

As far as I am aware it was a production item. Not sure of the back story but I have seen them available on different sites and from different sellers.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 8:05 pm

Interesting, I need to check whether I have one.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 1:51 am

Thanks everyone! Very Happy Very Happy

Ana wrote:
It's a lovely figure! I like the painting style too, it works nicely with this kind of pattern Very Happy The sculpture is also perfect and in a really nice size for this species. Isn't it the earliest tamandua model released in the toy market?

No, Play Visions is older since it was released in 1998. Strangely, we don't know a tamandua figure released before it but I still have hope a composition model existed.

rogerpgvg wrote:

It is resin. Clearly not pvc. It shows clearly these models are more collectibles than candy toys.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 1:15 am

I'm not updating this topic for a long time and this topic was asking for this figure.
Kelly send it to me maybe a year ago. pale It is a figure I already owned before but since the person who traded with me regreted it in a desperate way, I decided to return the figure to the original owner.
I was a recent collector at the time and I had no idea it was relatively hard to find and if it was not Kelly's magic, I would probably never get it again. flower
It is the oldest or one of the oldest tamandua figures known what is strange since it is a recent model. 1998 is not even considered vintage.
I love this model and I think it had to be shared here.

I have another tamandua to show and eventually a few more anteaters but I have to check if they're really new to the topic.

Here a tamanduas comparison with the Mojö Fun, Eikoh and Kaiyodo meeting the Play Visions.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 3:14 am

As far as I know, it is the oldest 😊
I’m glad you have a second chance, thanks to Kelly 👍
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 3:23 am

Congratulations on adding it again! It really is a wonderful figure.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 8:56 am

So much interesting figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 12:44 pm

Very beautifuly painted! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 2:36 pm

Wonderful Tamanduas cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:41 pm

Today a very special figure, I call it a Sunny tamandua since it is a Mojö Fun Southern tamandua customized by our dear Annette [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! sunny
Actually, the tail of my first Mojö tamandua got broken and since Susanne gave me a 2nd one, I asked Annette to give a new life to the broken one. Annette accepted the challenge with enthusiasm and turned it into a blonde tamandua. We are used with vested tamanduas, both species Southern and Northern are commonly vested but among Southern tamanduas there is an interesting array of other colors, namely, solid blonde tamanduas.
I really wanted one and Annette did a fantastic job, it is something I can't show on pictures but this figure has a special glint, like a happy tamandua in a sunny day. Annette also restored it turning it into a distinct piece! Very Happy

Here a comparison with the regular Mojö Fun model.

Together with the old Schleich armadillo and the Safari Aardvark. I'm needing the new Schleich armadillo and Mojö Fun aardvark.

... and Annette also added two extra repainted giant anteaters. Look how the old Hong Kong and Britains look really amazing with the magic touch of our Sunny friend! sunny

Once again, I would like to emphasize and thank yet another of the many gestures of kindness and generosity that I have been receiving from some friendly members of this wonderful community. I always feel a bit awkward because I know I won't be able to reciprocate these gestures as I intended, but I don't want that feeling to overshadow the great satisfaction that all of this brings me. Thank you, Annette, for bringing some rays of sunshine to my corner. cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 3:06 pm

What a metamorphosis on these three models! They seem to bee new ones! Wonderful repaints from so kind Annette! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 12:49 am

Thank you Roger for giving me the opportunity to transform this tamandua, it was very fun to do.
I had to make him new ears - more anatomically correct, longer and pointing forward as he heard something, plus the tail was completely remade and reinforced with a wire inner. I used Isla's tail here for this!
here is my inspiration - Salvador the Southern Tamandua and Isla the Southern Tamandua

The silken shimmer to his coat is just like Salvador here

and seen here

And I really liked repainting the 2 anteaters for your collection as well.

Here are some of the transformation pics -

this is baby Salvador
- there are 2 baby tamandua pups named Salvador - one born in 2015 to mum Rio at Denver zoo and one born in 2020 to mum Xena at Dallas zoo

getting the right proportion of tail to body length for him

perfecting the forward facing ears

the sheen to his silken coat

foot pads attention

with the tiny Britains anteater

and the China anteater in the middle

Last edited by sunny on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 1:00 am

Caracal wrote:
What a metamorphosis on these three models! They seem to bee new ones! Wonderful repaints from so kind Annette! cheers cheers drunken

thank you very much Alain :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 9:52 am

You did an excellent job Annette, the tamadua rescue is also very brave, I like this Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next