Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!

Go down 
+19
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Roger
Jill
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
costicuba
Kikimalou
Joliezac
Caracal
RtasVadumee
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
George
Bonnie
widukind
spacelab
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 12:58 pm

This is my favourite anteater so far, really lovely figure in every way!

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 4:41 pm

Finally at last we arrived to THE anteater!!! The one that I want in my collection!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 4:55 pm

This is certainly the most required Papo retired model, anyone who gets it has a significant power of negociation in any trade. Although I'm happy with my old Schleich, I wouldn't reject a sample of this one, and would certainly not use it for trade or sales as I initially planned but rather keep it for me.

I also think it's slightly taller than the old Schleich and would then fit more nicely with the Mojo tamandua. After all, I'm the "Illusive Man" par excellence [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Would it be possible to have a comparison with the old Schleich and the Mojo tamandua please ?

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 5:07 pm

3 amazing ant eaters. The Nayab I think is suprisingly nice, the Papo is one of the best modern releases, and the new ray reminds me why the older brands appeal to me as they have the good balance of detail and personality present in their sculpts.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 5:38 pm

Thanks for your positive comments about this model. Maybe at the end of my journey and despite not being a fan of polls, I will open one to choose the best giant anteater among major brands standard sized figures, they're just a few and I have them all. Idea

RtasVadumee wrote:
This is certainly the most required Papo retired model, anyone who gets it has a significant power of negociation in any trade. Although I'm happy with my old Schleich, I wouldn't reject a sample of this one, and would certainly not use it for trade or sales as I initially planned but rather keep it for me.

I also think it's slightly taller than the old Schleich and would then fit more nicely with the Mojo tamandua. After all, I'm the "Illusive Man" par excellence [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Would it be possible to have a comparison with the old Schleich and the Mojo tamandua please ?

Sure, I have it scheduled for 3rd September, Schleich day. Laughing However, if you need to see it today, let me know and I show it. Very Happy

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 7:07 pm

Beautiful model, the best so far and a wonderful rarity for your collection! Very Happy A vote for the best would be very fun! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 10:43 pm

I have this guy too, and with the Kaiyodo one from the set capsule Q Wild rush, it's the one I prefer! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 12:39 pm

PEC is one of those brands we don't know almost anything. What we know is that they released bulk sized figures with designs somewhat similar to other known brands like Play Visions or the Safari Authentics.
This is one of my most recent anteater acquisitions, one of many gifts I received from Isabella! flower Our dedicated collector of hyenas.
That's a lovely small model, marked with PEC and number 12, made of a decent pvc and with a very attractive design.
It is sturdy, 8 cm long and more than 5 cm when measuring head + body. It is not easy to measure how long it was if completely stretched, the tail pose does not help.
Among the classic scales, 1:24 seems to be the best for this model.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As I don't have the Safari Authentics, here a comparison picture with the Hausser Elastolin 54 mm giant anteater. They couldn't be more different, they look almost like two different species but a giant anteater, is always recognizable regardless of the artistic interpretation of each sculptor.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 5:00 pm

A interesting figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 5:04 pm

As Andreas said this PEC figure is really interesting- I love seeing how these lesser known brands have also made some really nice anteaters! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 5:11 pm

OK, he is a soldier with boots.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 7:03 pm

Thanks for sharing, these rare figures. cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 9:31 pm

The PEC is a lovely model even though it is missing a few anteater characteristics. Going back a few posts, it would be great to see between-species comparisons in 1:15 scale. Even if you don't collect in a specific scale, it can be interesting to put figures of the same scale together for size comparisons.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Pfeiffer is an Austrian company later bought by Elastolin and since Pfeiffer figures were introduced in Elastolin's range, they were sold as Tipple-Topple.
This very old composition giant anteater belongs to these series, I don't know the exact release date but probably around 1930 what means this figure is walking to 100 years of age! Shocked
It is very similar to the old Lineol, I think I received it a long time ago as a gift from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I forgot the brand and our friend [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] confirmed it as a Pfeiffer.
They are different indeed, especially their sale prices once the Lineol model is at least 10 times more expensive. Laughing
This figure is 13 cm long, 8,5 head + body. 1:12 to 1:14 is the best range of scales for this figure but it can be used with smaller scales as we can see through the comparison with the Lineol model.Actually, through the picture the Lineol model seems to be larger but their proportions are drastically different so the scale depends of the measurements we take in consideration.

As I don't have the Lineol brother of the same era, here a comparison picture with the more modern Lineol IV generation model.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 5:54 pm

Really good oldie

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 10:00 pm

Thanks everyone! What's next? Wink

spacelab wrote:
OK, he is a soldier with boots.

Laughing I actually love the PEC model but now I can't stop thinking that it is using boots. Hahah!

rogerpgvg wrote:
The PEC is a lovely model even though it is missing a few anteater characteristics. Going back a few posts, it would be great to see between-species comparisons in 1:15 scale. Even if you don't collect in a specific scale, it can be interesting to put figures of the same scale together for size comparisons.

Undoubtfully, Roger. I am not so good calculating scales as you but I can do my best. However, I don't think I can do it in this topic with daily presentations. Maybe at the end I can try to remember a picture with South American figures at 1:15 scale. At least Eikoh tamandua and Papo giant anteater work for it.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 10:42 pm

This is such a special model, nearly 100 years old and yet still in very good condition! Very Happy And it has been made really well too, I love that vintage style it has! cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 11:55 pm

This Pfeiffer is very fine! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:21 am

The PEC is sooo cute! But I love this last one, it has qualities similar to a woolly mammoth.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 8:56 am

What is better than one chocolate cake ?  MANY chocolate cakes cheers

What is better than pictures of an anteater ? Pictures of MANY anteaters bounce Applause Applause cheers I love you

I have not been very active lately, but one good thing came of it : This morning I could drool my way all through this topic full of great pictures and info about Roger's great collection anteater models I love you

Thankyou, dear Roger Crocodile flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 11:07 am

SAFARI Ltd. released a few anteaters, from the funny Authentics to TOOB figures but the Wild Safari model is the only one present in my collection.
I received it many years ago from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as an unforgetable gift! cheers
It was released in 2006 and retired in 2011 so it was not easy to find at all.
It has its tongue out and a beautiful baby on back.
Do you know these figures we feel a huge joy of receiving and we take a long time rotating them and watching every detail?
This is one of them, I only think Safari should have found a different solution to represent the eyes because that is a part of the model many people puts special focus. All the rest is pure joy and I love the traditional way it is painted.
I don't know if it is more realistic than Papo's but it is my favorite.

Here a comparison between two strong candidats for the best giant anteater figure.They are completely different, more than what two real giant anteaters could be.
Papo and Safari. Former for those who prefer 1:15 scale and latter for those who prefer 1:12 scale.

A picture of the classic pair of this topic, giant and lesser anteaters. Safari and Mojo, work wonderfully together.

Giant anteaters use to be described as Golden Retriever sized animals. They are very different creatures but here a comparison with two models roughly at 1:12 scale.
The invited dog is Mojö Fun Golden Retriever.

As suggested by Roger, here a picture comparing figures at the same scale. Figures normally work for a range of scales and I believe all of these work nicely as 1:12 scale and they're all South American animals from major brands.
Schleich nine-banded armadillo, Mojö Fun Southern tamandua, Mojö Fun mountain lion and Papo ocelot.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 11:18 am

This is another wonderful model, especially with the baby on its back, very sweet! Very Happy I definitely know that feeling of rotating a model and looking at every detail! Very Happy
But my favourite photo has to be the one with the gorgeous goldie, what a perfect comparison and I never knew that they were described as being the same size as this breed! cheers It's so nice to see the Mojo model from this angle, a very handsome dog and figure of one of my favourite, if not my favourite breeds! I wonder what a golden retriever would think in real life if faced with an anteater like that! Shocked
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 1:09 pm

A beautiful example of a major brand.

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 1:32 pm

I totally understand why you like so much the Safari anteater, it combines some of the best modern and vintage elements.
Still, sculpting of Papo is more detailed and painting far better. Maybe the proportions of the Safari model look somehow more "correct", but the overall appearance balances to the Papo side for me. Very enlightening comparison.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 5:43 pm

This one is lovely, although I agree with spacelab that the Papo's painting is better, the baby on board made me smile, and for that reason alone I think they're my joint-favourite Giants from what you've shown us so far Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next