Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!

Go down 
+19
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Roger
Jill
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
costicuba
Kikimalou
Joliezac
Caracal
RtasVadumee
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
George
Bonnie
widukind
spacelab
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:46 am

Thanks Alain, Christophe and especially Annette! Annette, I'm glad you shared all the details of this transformation, I wouldn't be able of describing as you did. It started due to my inability to restore a figure, even when I use superglue, I'm one of those people who end up sticking their fingers together but can't manage to stick what was supposed to be stuck. But not only did you offer to rebuild the tail, but you also distinctly improved a figure that was already good in its essence. While it's true that this beautiful color is what distinguishes it most obviously, the alteration of those small details is what truly makes it a significantly enhanced figure. The dedication you put into each project is something that should be acknowledged.

Kikimalou wrote:
As far as I know, it is the oldest 😊
I’m glad you have a second chance, thanks to Kelly 👍

Thanks, I hope that we are wrong and there is a misterious vintage tamandua to be found. Wink

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 2:59 pm

Beautiful custom work, Sunny, wow! What amazing additions to a venerable anteater collection. The tamandua's color is gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 10:18 pm

Stunning customisations! When the Britains and Hong Kong anteaters are repainted, you can better appreciate their excellent sculpts. And a beautiful transformation of the Mojo tamandua. The new colour suits it very well.

sunny wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dangerous! The Sunny tamandua is very wise to stay on the ground to avoid breaking its tail again.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 8:49 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Alain, Christophe and especially Annette! Annette, I'm glad you shared all the details of this transformation, I wouldn't be able of describing as you did. It started due to my inability to restore a figure, even when I use superglue, I'm one of those people who end up sticking their fingers together but can't manage to stick what was supposed to be stuck. But not only did you offer to rebuild the tail, but you also distinctly improved a figure that was already good in its essence. While it's true that this beautiful color is what distinguishes it most obviously, the alteration of those small details is what truly makes it a significantly enhanced figure. The dedication you put into each project is something that should be acknowledged.

that's quite funny Roger, sticking your fingers together with glue What a Face Shocked but I've done that too at times Wink
glue is a very tricky medium to work with, but WePam and Epoxy is so much easier.
Thank you for your compliments, I accept them graciously. sunny

Jill wrote:
Beautiful custom work, Sunny, wow! What amazing additions to a venerable anteater collection. The tamandua's color is gorgeous.

Thank you very much Jill!

rogerpgvg wrote:
Stunning customisations! When the Britains and Hong Kong anteaters are repainted, you can better appreciate their excellent sculpts. And a beautiful transformation of the Mojo tamandua. The new colour suits it very well.

sunny wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dangerous! The Sunny tamandua is very wise to stay on the ground to avoid breaking its tail again.

Thank you very much indeed Roger.
I agree with you about the sculpts, it helps that the base is very good.
I had to cut away quite a bit of excess plastic on the Hong Kong one, as that is usually what makes these nice sculpts look cheaper.
The tail has the wire reinforcement, I think the 2 anteaters could perch atop it safely haha cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!   Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking with Anteaters - a Sunny Tamandua and friends!
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10