Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*

Go down 
+26
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
Duck-Anch-Amun
thebritfarmer
Ana
Gecko08
Jill
Chris Sweetman
bmathison1972
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
Loon
SUSANNE
costicuba
Caracal
Pardofelis
Roger
landrover
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
George
widukind
spacelab
Joliezac
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* Empty
PostSubject: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 3:58 am

I made a Minizoo order a few weeks ago taking advantage of their 10% Black Friday sale and today it arrived cheers Lately price rises have turned me away from ordering but CollectA still remains at great prices on their site so I've been heavily focusing on CollectA the last few months. Since CollectA is never in any local shops and I've only been online buying for a few years, I have the least amount of figures from them, which I hope to change because their figures are amazing Applause Applause

Group photo! I need a bigger piece of paper  Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was surprised to discover the Diprotodon as being hollow, which I wasn't much a fan of, but the paint job is so well done that I don't care  Laughing I wasn't originally going to get this model but I'm glad I did as it is beautifully sculpted and a unique species! Now the only Southlands Replicas figure I am missing is the Tasmanian tiger which I can't find anywhere  Crying or Very sad

I wasn't too happy with the few elephants I had (old Safari adult, old Schleich adult, and newest Schleich adult) so I was very excited to get this model after seeing walkarounds and photos from forum members. It is a stunning model and I can't wait to pair it with CollectA's 2022 model!

I'm not a horse collector and have never gotten into them much. I think I only have now 4 horses and 3 ponies in my entire collection, but these Southlands figures were too irresistible! I personally don't like the colors on the stallion or the shine on him, but I'm going to send him to my friend for a repaint because the sculpt is soo good Twisted Evil The mare is beautiful and I like how she has a smoother matt finish.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I got the 2019 painted version of the timber wolves because I just love wolves and can never have enough! The crouching one looks a bit off to me but I'll always take another wolf for a pack shot. The howling one looks much better in my opinion. Still great 2 additions though!

The striped hyena I was glad to finally get, I love how CollectA chooses less popular species, this figure is painted beautifully!

My friend had the saola and I finally got one of my own. Such a beautiful and unique bovid. I honestly had to look up many of the species done by CollectA because I had never heard of them before. It's always sad though that so many of these beautiful animals are endangered  Crying or Very sad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CollectA never impressed me too much with their felines but I was very glad to pick out the Eurasian lynx and king cheetah. The lynx is painted really well and I almost love it as much as my Safari bobcat.

The king cheetah is stunning  I love you I thought it looked much better than the stock photo and I am again grateful for CollectA picking the less popular variant. I also love the pose.

The white-tailed buck is beautiful and I'm glad to finally have a non-orange representative of this species. I only wish they made a doe and fawn to go with him!

The Pere David's deer I was most excited for in this order and CollectA did not disappoint! He is a stunning figure and again a species I had never even heard of. I'm glad to add another Asian species to my collection because I feel like I hardly have any. The antlers are gorgeous and the painting is perfect. CollectA really has no competition when it comes to their hooved mammals for me!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website

Last edited by Joliezac on Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:56 am; edited 34 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 8:33 am

Great additions. The white tailed deer has been tempting for a long time, but I always say to myself that I don't need it.. The coat makes the difference. Also, I love the colors and the shine on the Southlands stallion, makes it unique..
I think a comparison photo of the elephant with the 2016 pair of Schleich would be useful, there is not one so far. If you have time, could you add a couple of photos to Christophe's walkaround?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:50 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 2:35 pm

What a fantastic parcelful! The two different deer are my favourites, CollectA really are the best at all the deer and antelope species.
Pere David's deer always look like they're wearing their antlers backwards, to me - I'm so used to our native red deer where they're angled forward Laughing

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Thank you so much Spacelab, Andreas, and George!

I have the 2016 Schleich male elephant, I can take a couple of comparison photos later if you like cheers

The antlers on the Père David’s deer do almost seem backwards, I had to look up photos of this animal as beforehand I didn’t know it existed. The two deer were my favorite in the order as well!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 4:30 pm

Superb new additions! Congratulations. Many of those are must haves.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 6:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here are some comparison photos. Not sure if I should of added it to Christophe's walkaround or not so I just put it here.

I like the paint much better on the Mojo figure. The Schleich one kind of looks streaky and unfinished to me. I only have a handful of Mojo figures but one thing I have noticed with them is that they scratch very easily. To my surprise this elephant is much "smoother" and I don't see any issues of that kind. The Schleich figure's legs also seem to short and its head is very large compared to its body. I really love the charm and texture of the 2012 Schleich trio so maybe I'll eventually get them. Only major thing I noticed with the Mojo figure is that maybe the trunk could be a bit larger and I wish elephants were a bit larger in general. I love the old Bullyland one but I haven't been able to find one. I'm very excited for CollectA's new elephant though!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 8:20 am

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 9:34 am

These comparison photos are really interesting; even though I'm not in the market for choosing the best elephant or collecting lots of them, it's fascinating to see how different brands capture the same animal, and the differences in sculpting style bringing out different proportion, pose, texture, and attitude.

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 7:51 pm

I was surprised to see that my Safari order came so quickly! I made an order when they offered 35% through text message, so here they are!

Unfortunately many of my first picks were out of stock but I still got some great additions!

I also ordered the right whale but for some reason it is missing from my package Crying or Very sad I contacted them though so hopefully that can be resolved, I'm sure it will.

I think Safari does an amazing job on their prehistoric mammals, so the Uintatherium was a must have for me  cheers

I only have 1 rhino in my collection (Schleich's white rhino) and I had to change that! So I got Safari's Indian rhino along with their Sumatran rhino. I really like the design of Safari's elephants and rhinoceros so I was glad to pick these out. I love the Sumatran rhino very much.

Then of course I couldn't resist another pygmy hippo to go with my CollectA ones  Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really love alpacas and llamas so I finally got Safari's llama. A great sized model!

I really liked the coloration on Safari's red fox and I thought this one had a great paintjob. I also love the elegant pose.

I'm not that into primates but after seeing Paige's wonderful collection I was tempted to get the spider monkey and snub-nosed monkey. I'm glad I did, they are really unique figures, especially the snub-nosed.

I've always been a big fan of Safari's sharks so I'm slowly trying to get all of them. I absolutely love the whitetip reef shark and its curved swimming pose. Can't wait to set up my displays again and have this guy scouring the reef  cheers

Then I got the poison dart frog TOOB so I could get the sira and golden poison dart frogs. I have a bit of a frog obsession  Laughing

Then lastly the Kermode bear! My favorite of the bunch. I think this model is very well painted and they chose a perfect model for it. Even though it is a repaint of their black bear I don't mind, its a very nice and unique figure.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 8:18 pm

Very good choice :)

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 10:12 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 9:47 am

Really good choices, so many wonderful models! cheers I agree about the fox, it's a really nice model, and completely agree, that bear is really interesting and beautifully made! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 10:12 am

Very nice batch Jolie cheers

The Indian rhino painting seems better than mine, wichi was from the first year of production, could you show more pics ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 4:43 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

The Indian rhino painting seems better than mine, wichi was from the first year of production, could you show more pics ? Very Happy

Thank you!

Sure! I can provide more pictures when I get back from work today

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 6:30 pm

Nice lot, especially the Uintatherium and the bear.

cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 12:02 am

Oh, I also want a comparison picture, I am so sorry, I should have asked it before. Sleep
I need a better white-tail, I like this one from CollectA and also the Wildlife Safari. Can you show a picture of them together?
The pics of the Mojö elephant are also very useful. Wonderful piece but as small as the usual. Laughing
All good decisions of getting those Southlands and also many CollectA. Those Safari are also really great and I hope someday also to collect their sharks.
About the Southlands stallion, I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I like the shine on it, like the Australian sun is kissing the silky coat of that feral horse. I understand, I also don't like often glossy figures, they look outdated to me but I have the Southlands and it does not feel like the AAA horses or so. It is really good. Though, I am sure it will look fantastic when repainted, the mould is absolutely perfect, I want to see it then.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 12:17 am

Roger wrote:
Oh, I also want a comparison picture, I am so sorry, I should have asked it before. Sleep
I need a better white-tail, I like this one from CollectA and also the Wildlife Safari. Can you show a picture of them together?
The pics of the Mojö elephant are also very useful. Wonderful piece but as small as the usual. Laughing
All good decisions of getting those Southlands and also many CollectA. Those Safari are also really great and I hope someday also to collect their sharks.
About the Southlands stallion, I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I like the shine on it, like the Australian sun is kissing the silky coat of that feral horse. I understand, I also don't like often glossy figures, they look outdated to me but I have the Southlands and it does not feel like the AAA horses or so. It is really good. Though, I am sure it will look fantastic when repainted, the mould is absolutely perfect, I want to see it then.

Thank you! I unfortunately don't have the Safari ltd white-tailed deer Embarassed but I do have the Schleich 2003 & 2014 families if you would like comparison pics with those cheers

I'm not interested in horses all that much but Southlands did an amazing job on them! I can't wait to see the stallion repainted by my friend.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 12:25 am

Joliezac wrote:

Thank you! I unfortunately don't have the Safari ltd white-tailed deer Embarassed but I do have the Schleich 2003 & 2014 families if you would like comparison pics with those cheers

I actually would love to see those two (Safari and CollectA) together because they're the best. Though, as I am leaning towards the CollectA, maybe a single comparison picture with one of the Schleich bucks is enough. I have the Schleich buck that is made of a lighter material, maybe 2014? I need to check. Laughing

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 1:12 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Here you go Wink

Here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with the Schleich 2014 buck (he's a bit faded on the left side he is supposed to be more of an orange color). Let me know if you want any other photos  Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 12:39 pm

Very useful pictures, Jolie! Yes, it is the 2014 Schleich I have in my collection but mine is surely darker.
CollectA's is defintely a better model but I actually think the Schleich figure has two nicer points. I like the tail up,, it doesn't make the figure better, just a personal preference for a deer with such a long tail. Though, the longer neck of the Schleich model seems more accurate to me. All the rest is better on CollectA, noticiably the more delicate antlers. It is not so obvious about legs, I think it is the clever painting of CollectA contributing to a more lighter built impression.
I'm surprised CollectA's model is slightly shorter.
Safari's seems to be also very good with its impressive antlers, though, I continue leaning towards this CollectA model. Painting is clearly the best and sculpt is very delicate.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 6:23 pm

Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 7:13 pm

Beautiful photos and new additions! Congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 1:31 am

I ordered some Japanese models around a month ago off eBay and they arrived a few days ago so I thought I would show those plus some new Schleich additions!

I already had the bald eagle, golden eagle, and Steller's eagle that I purchased in one of Loon's sales some time ago, and I really liked them so I decided to get the other 2 from the raptor set. Harpy eagles are my all time favorite bird and this model is amazing  I love you  I love you The pose is absolutely perfect and we get to see those huge wings and powerful talons. I'm not a huge fan of seams on Japanese models but the beautiful detail and paintwork on this model makes it not too noticeable. The legs kept popping off on these raptors so I reluctantly glued them all together. I wish the secretary bird was a bit larger but still a beautiful model.

I really like Colorata's boxed sets but I only have a handful of models from them so I decided to start small by getting these 3 frogs from their "Frogs of Japan" set. I love the detail on these and they were unique species I had never heard of. I really love the Kajika frog!

Then I got the Schleich grizzly bear & cub and red fox. I love these 3 models and they may be my favorite representatives of their species.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next