Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*

Go down 
+26
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
Duck-Anch-Amun
thebritfarmer
Ana
Gecko08
Jill
Chris Sweetman
bmathison1972
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
Loon
SUSANNE
costicuba
Caracal
Pardofelis
Roger
landrover
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
George
widukind
spacelab
Joliezac
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 12:33 am

Splendid new Deino, frog, and lynx!

Glad to hear that Smaug is doing so well. I myself have had some health concerns with my old dog Flynn, so I can empathize. So glad to see her gorgeous self here again and I hope for a full recovery!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 2:43 am

Caracal wrote:
Wow that Deino! affraid cheers cheers

With a good repaint, this old Papo lynx would be a rather good canadian lynx..

I agree, with those huge paws! Especially when compared with the small head. A pity those are so rare now. Maybe a little more fur would help too.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 2:16 pm

Absolutely amazing additions and your close-ups really help to appreciate just how incredible detailed these models are! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 8:46 pm

Roger wrote:
Caracal wrote:
Wow that Deino! affraid cheers cheers

With a good repaint, this old Papo lynx would be a rather good canadian lynx..

I agree, with those huge paws! Especially when compared with the small head. A pity those are so rare now. Maybe a little more fur would help too.

..maybe, unless considering it is in summer coat.. :)
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 8:13 am

Thank you everyone!

Oh yes I agree the Papo lynx does look like it could be a Canadian repaint! I wish we had more representatives of that species, although Safari did very well with theirs and I have the BotB model Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 3:01 am

Took some time for these to arrive to the store but better late than never! I was very pleased with Schleich this year and now have 10 of their new 2023 figures added to my collection! I would like to get the cheetah cub and sheep too Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I remember when Safari released their harpy eagle in 2017, and I was so excited!! Harpy eagles are my favorite bird species and at the time I didn't have any (I didn't know about Japanese brands). Now in the following years I'm happy to see more added to my collection! I'm so happy to have such great models of this beautiful bird  cheers Hopefully I won't have to wait long for my 2nd favorite species, the bearded vulture..  Laughing

Safari, Colorata, Naturalism, and now Schleich!

I was very happy with Schleich's Thomson gazelle, I think they did a wonderful job on it. The paintwork is done nicely and I quite like the sculpt and appreciate the thin legs. It fits in nicely with my others and I now have a small herd  Very Happy

I was skeptical of the caracal sculpts at first, but I'm happy to say they look better than the promotional photos. And since I don't have any caracals in my collection (sadly I missed out on the BotB one) I just had to get these. I wish they were a bit smaller but I guess they fit nicely with Safari's serval (and underrated figure in my opinion).

With some other small African cats, Schleich cheetah, Safari serval, BotB sand cat

I missed out on the small boxed set with this Indian rhino calf so I was pleased to see them release it by itself. Now my adult isn't lonely  I love you

My first color-changing figure! When dipped in hot water it instantly turns a bright blue. I tried to get a photo but it turns back to olive very quickly. It's a bit too large for my habitat displays but it fits nicely with CollectA's Cameroon sailfin chameleon and Papo's panther chameleon.

I don't collect much farm life, so this is actually my first donkey figure! I thought it was too cute and unique to pass up. I would like to get some other donkey breeds in the future but there are so many nice ones I can't decide between them  Embarassed For now it will be buddies with my Safari mule  Very Happy

Then one of my favorites from the batch: The blue poison dart frog! Poison frogs are some of my favorite animals and they're always my favorite to look at in the reptile/amphibian houses  cheers The blue ones have always been my favorite and Schleich did a great job with this one. It is a nice dark, electric blue and the glossy paint makes it look real. Probably my favorite blue poison dart frog in my collection after Schleich's previous mini one  I love you

With Papo & Safari:

With the little Schleich

Wasn't planning on getting the river otter but after seeing it in person I couldn't resist!

With Papo & old Schleich:

And lastly the Schleich aardvark! I actually really love the model, it reminds me of the old tiny Schleich figures I used to get at the store when I was younger. Since this is my only aardvark I compared it with some other small African animals. I'm planning to add Mojo's to my collection when it is available as well  Very Happy

With the CollectA fennec fox, Safari African wild dog pup, and Schleich porcupine

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 3:06 am

These birds are nice but  the gazelle is my favorite.

Beautiful additions, congratulations. sunny

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 12:10 pm

Big congrats for these schleich newcomers! I did almost the same choices as you, except the too big to my taste chameleon and frog and domestic animal (donkey) I don't usually collect.

You have now a beautiful collection of harpies and thanks to your beautiful pictures, I see that the Schleich one is not so bad to compare with other ones. Its main flaw is its too thick feets.

The otter is better and more realistic than the Papo and Schleich previous ones.

About the caracal, as I already writed, beautiful head and good proportions but a bit too big size and unnatural boring standing.

To end, I am impatient to see your wonderful gazelles herd with calves released in the savannah! Very Happy

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 2:59 pm

Interesting to see the spotted donkey, it was not available when I bought a few of these Schleich. I didn't buy the otter and the blue poison dart frog but both are interesting models. Otter seems to be good and the frog is quite attractive. If next year they get on sale, I might get them and probably the harpy too although I'm not very excited about the latter. I know the aardvark is cute, I have one too but it is clearly the poorest represented among those. It is not only the tiny size for a figure which is three times more massive than a badger, it is extremely simplistic, I'm sure Safari can do it better in one of their future tubes. I don't know which models of your childhood they remind you, you're very young, probably you're referring to the squirrel monkey, the chipmunk or the pygmy hedgehog. Those were tiny actually. Though, these represent very small animals and they have a good quality. All these tree weigh around 1 pound or less while an aardvark weighs more than 100 pounds, a weight similar to an average leopard or spotted hyena. Would we accept confortably a leopard figure at that size for that price?Wink
Despite my negativism around the Schleich aardvark, I am quite happy with Schleich this year including the fact they released an aardvark. Laughing
I will use some of your pictures on TAW to replace my poor ones.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 8:07 pm

What a pity the chameleon wouldn't photograph in his 'warm' colour - maybe in the summer when the weather's hot you might have a better chance of catching him before he changes back.
The frog is lovely, I know I've said it before but I love the way these smooth-skinned creatures look in toy figure form - it's perfect for them in a way fur or feather will never look 100% realistic rendered in plastic.
I think this otter is a much nicer colour than the last, they've improved in that respect even if you didn't think you needed another one!

The donkey really is lovely, and I was going to get him (and the newest haflinger foal), but I was shocked how much Schleich have gone up in price since I was last buying them - more than doubled! It would've cost me nearly £17 (over $20, or €19) for one donkey and one foal, and they're cute but not THAT cute! Shocked

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 9:44 pm

George wrote:
What a pity the chameleon wouldn't photograph in his 'warm' colour - maybe in the summer when the weather's hot you might have a better chance of catching him before he changes back.
The frog is lovely, I know I've said it before but I love the way these smooth-skinned creatures look in toy figure form - it's perfect for them in a way fur or feather will never look 100% realistic rendered in plastic.
I think this otter is a much nicer colour than the last, they've improved in that respect even if you didn't think you needed another one!

The donkey really is lovely, and I was going to get him (and the newest haflinger foal), but I was shocked how much Schleich have gone up in price since I was last buying them - more than doubled! It would've cost me nearly £17 (over $20, or €19) for one donkey and one foal, and they're cute but not THAT cute! Shocked

Maybe I can put the chameleon under Smaug's heat lamp to warm him up sunny

Yes I'm always so excited for new amphibians and reptiles, I think they look great in toy form.

I know Schleich has gone up in price but wow! Thankfully I get a discount because I work at a toy store but even so it can be expensive. We had to change most of the price tags since Schleich raised prices.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 10:00 pm

I cooked the chameleon under Smaug's heat lamp for a few minutes. I don't think she enjoyed the company Laughing

But I got it to turn blue!

Hot:

Cold:

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 10:34 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 10:41 pm

This is what we were all waiting, someone to cook the chameleon. I wonder which color it gets when it starts melting. Idea Laughing
Did they use a cobalt chlorid like in the Portuguese water rooster to turn it blue? It is salty, could you taste it please? Laughing Oh, I am kidding. Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 7:00 pm

congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 9:36 pm

Any ideas about the 'breed' of the donkey? Spotted Donkeys are not a breed but a genetic variant. I assumed it was an American Standard, but looking at it next to the Safari mule, I wonder if it is a Miniature Donkey, or maybe just a small Standard?

I have it coming to me, so was curious about the breed (although apparently in America there are no defined breeds?)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 9:58 pm

Spotted donkey is just a color breed and North Americans use to classify donkeys according to size: Miniature, standard and Mammoth. For example, if we want to put them under a certain breed on TAW we need to call them with the generic designation of North American donkeys regardless of their size or color. I think it is useless and now the spotted donkey is just listed as a generic one.
It is hard to tell about the size since Schleich figures are shrinking to 1:20 scale. A good example is the recent Great Dane.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 12:27 am

I've been very busy the past few months and haven't been able to post very much, but things have settled a bit and I have some very exciting new additions!

I got my first 3 CollectA 2023, and some new Papo 2023 figures along with a large Eikoh order from Brett Very Happy

And Roger was kind enough to send me an exclusive Schleich black swan  I love you

Here are the 2023 figures! I've been very happy with the releases thus far, some great species choices.

From CollectA, the Amazon river dolphin, goblin shark, and honeypot ant:

With the CollectA Ganges river dolphin:

I really love dolphins and sharks, so its always exciting when I'm able to get something new for my collection. Since none of the major brands have these (I don't really count TOOB figures), these were new species for my collection! The dolphin is very smooth and has a perfect gradient. The goblin shark actually looks much better in person than the stock image in my opinion. And I'm slowly being won over with adding insects to my collection, the honeypot ant is very unique!

Then some more Papo 2023 figures, the right whale "calf" and Andean condor!

Here is the Papo condor with one of my favorite bird figures, the Schleich condor. They actually fit very well together. The Schleich isn't too much bigger. I'm happy Papo made the condor on the larger side and the details and paintwork is excellent like all their birds recently.

The right whale surprised me because I thought it would be bigger. I actually thought the seller forgot to include it in the box since it was so small  Laughing But I'm actually alright with the size because it was cheaper and now I have a calf to go with my other larger right whales. If you're looking for an adult, I would suggest Safari's instead.

With Safari:

With the old Schleich:

Thanks to Roger I was able to get the exclusive Schleich black swan! I now have a nice pair for my Australian displays  I love you

Back in November I ordered a bunch of Eikoh figures. After a crazy couple of months I honestly forgot all about it. I just got them in the mail though and there are so many beautiful models! I only had 2 Eikoh figures previously, the ptarmigan & Blakiston's fish owl. I was very impressed with these so I just had to get more.

Garden eels

Bowed fiddler crab

Japanese tree frog

monkfish

hermit crab

Sea otter

raccoon dog

frilled lizard

leopard moray eel

flying squirrel

shoebill

ermine

flying fish

yellow seahorse

sparrow

striped beakfish

Japanese white-eye

Veiled chameleon

crested ibis

humphead wrasse

bullhead shark

I really love all of these they are really wonderful figures. My favorites are probably the Japanese white-eye, yellow seahorse, tree frog, & crested ibis.

Here are some comparisons with similar models:

Papo 2023 yellow seahorse with Eikoh's. When I first saw Papo's seahorse it reminded me of this model, they go very nicely together.

With Colorata's humphead wrasse. I like the variation of color.

The Japanese tree frog with Schleich's European tree frogs

Papo's flying squirrel fits perfectly with Eikoh's, even if they are different species.

The frilled lizard fits perfectly with Safari's

With Safari's sea otters, I'd love to see Safari update these

Variety of chameleons by Schleich, CollectA, & K&M

Finally with my only other crested ibis from Takara Tomy.

I'm not sure what species Eikoh's hermit crab is but it also fits perfectly with Papo's crab from last year.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 12:58 am

When you have time to show your treasure, it is party time on forum. bounce bounce
I love all those models you acquired. How interesting CollectA released two different species of river dolphins when other brands ignore it.
My favorite shark in my favorite size, A goblin shark doesn't look like any other shark so in my opinion it was even more needed than the salmon shark despite considering both great ideas.
I'm glad I could help about the black swan, those Schleich special editions are like this, or you get them as soon as possible or you have to pay a fortune later. I saw you looking for it for a long time and I know how shipping is so expensive these days from Europe to USA so the cheaper way was from Portugal. Now you already know, if you need something from Europe, just tell me, if it is not a huge thing, shipping will be affordable.
Eikoh is the perfect bridge between the Japanese gashapon figures and the major brands, they have a similar design to the Western companies and they have a similar material and factory finish.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 10:16 am

Very nice additions Jolie cheers

The Papo Andean condor reach my shelves and it is indeed a great model, I will show a comparison review soon.

I'm very surprised about the Whale size, I would never imagine it is so tiny Shocked

The Boto and Goblin shark are both excellent and I can't wait for the first one. I will pass on teh shark because I have another good rendition and I need to save place and money for others. It's too bad becasue I really like it.

I still have mixed feelings with the Eikoh. some are a bit too "yowie" for my tastes but others make me melt like sugar. It's the case of the Hermit crab, the Frilled lizard and the tiny delicious Seahorse drunken

I also like a lot the Monkfish and Chameleon but since I already have them it's not the same feeling.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 10:34 am

Wow, beautiful newcomers! Congrats, Jolie! cheers
Eikohs are so nice and cute. And they made a sparrow? I didn't know that! I feel like I may need to find one for myself too! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 6:46 pm

Many interesting additions :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 4:31 am

Its been awhile since I've gotten any new additions but yesterday I had some exciting new figures from Minizoo arrive and today I found my first Yowies from the baby animals series!

From Minizoo I got new 2023 figures by Mojo & CollectA

I really love these new CollectA figures. I will show more photos in upcoming walkarounds  Laughing

Was very excited about these Mojo figures too! I already have walkarounds posted for each of these.

Then I checked my local Walmart today and they finally had the new baby animals series  cheers

Luckily I only got 1 duplicate (the piglet) and these were all on my list to get! I'm dying to get the cassowary chick so I was a little disappointed I didn't get it. I'll have to grab more soon, luckily they are affordable  Very Happy  

Here is the short-beaked echidna with its "parent" the size difference is quite funny. I enjoy reading the informational tags. I forgot a baby echidna was called a puggle  Laughing

The visayan warty piglet is super cute and I really love the paintwork on it. Although I don't have an adult for this species, I can pretend its a sibling to my other boar piglets.

The finless porpoise with the Yowie Irrawaddy dolphin, Colorata Commerson's dolphin, & Safari vaquita

Then the Iberian lynx cub with Safari's Eurasian lynx cub and CollectA adult. I'll have to grab Mojo's Iberian lynx to accompany it

I can't wait to get some more Yowies soon. I'm most excited for the cassowary chick, then probably the yellow-bellied glider, & frogfish Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 6:36 am

Wonderful figures

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 12:58 pm

Defintely Mr. pangolin has a short snout, I must get one. bounce
I might have an extra Mojö Fun Iberian lynx but it is the earlier color variation which is not as good as the most recent. It is a pity the overseas shipping is expensive, especially for you or we could work something since I defintely want the Yowies Iberian lynx baby. Well, to be fair, I think a more recent version of the Mojo Iberian lynx is better for you anyway.

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next