Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB

Go down 
+32
thebritfarmer
burton70
Concavenator
Taos
Bloodrayne
FlaffyRaptors
Leyster
Shanti
Kikimalou
sphyrna18
Stripedhyena
Deanmo19
Geospiza fortis
SUSANNE
Roger
rogerpgvg
aschuck
George
endogenylove
Gecko08
LukaLeon085
lucky luke
widukind
Loon
Burgerenby
MansoBoricua
bmathison1972
Joliezac
shadoweon
Saarlooswolfhound
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tupolew Tu-154
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 9:08 pm

Really ,really nice tube and on the wishlist! Smile Smile Smile

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 2:22 pm

Nice toob :) As for the South America Toob, no really new figures for me, but the Phillipine Eagle looks better as my K&M and the Gharial could fit better to my other Crocos. So maybe when they will be available seperatly on some sites or by an user here, I would change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 12:34 am

Some here make a comparison with PNSO. I say no. PNSO make big and very good painted figures. Safari not. Sauropod dinosaurs are small and ugly.
Their newest Stegosaurus is nice, this one armored will be good. ^^

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 8:14 am

Looks wonderful !!! Comparing for instance that tiger to the old ones, it is a mighty jump up in both paintwork and sculpting cheers

Concavenator

Concavenator

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 5:37 pm

Not sure if this has been said before but Safari stated on Twitter the last batch of dino releases for 2022 are scheduled to be unveiled during the last week of July.

DeviantArt

Instagram
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/5aurophaganax
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:49 pm

According to Safari's Instagram:

"Here we go! We will be making 6 more reveals throughout the month of July. 🥳Our first reveal will be later this afternoon!"

6 more?! I didn't expect that, can't wait to see what they reveal bounce

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 4:33 pm

cheers bounce bounce bounce

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 7:08 pm

Joliezac wrote:
According to Safari's Instagram:

"Here we go! We will be making 6 more reveals throughout the month of July. 🥳Our first reveal will be later this afternoon!"

6 more?! I didn't expect that, can't wait to see what they reveal bounce

First: a Okapi

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 7:13 pm

An interesting choice, to retire their old one and make a newer version. I personally really liked the older one. I already have lots of okapis so I’ll probably pass on this one. It looks very nice though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 7:34 pm

I love it! I would say these reveals are slowly proving the pulse of Safari is still present.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 8:09 pm

I am still waiting for a good okapi, none of the others convince me that much, and this...is not it. It's an improvement over the discoloration of the old one, but the sculpt doesn't look very good...Maybe it's just a bad angle. Regardless, I'm excited to see what else Safari has in store and glad that the brand is still kicking!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 10:56 pm

I think it is very exciting to receive good news sporadically.
For an okapi lover, it is surely a great model. For someone searching for the best one for his collection, I am not sure it is the best option. It looks good, not excellent but I suspect it will look nicer in real. I am not a fan of the previous model, I like its pose but I don't like the model as much as the other ones on market. I think Safari was needing a new one at this scale and this model seems tto be a better approach. The spread legs, like the CollectA zebra, are probably one of the points which turn this figure less appealing.

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 6:22 am

An okapi...
No other brand has one. Wait...

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 8:12 am

I think this one is pretty interesting. I actually quite like Safari's old figure, but it's not the best model and doesn't strike me as very accurate. I think this one is overlap better, but not perfect. That being said, it's about on level with all the other figures of this animal on the market.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 9:43 am

It seems a bit illogical for a company to invest in changing a figure which didn't actually need the change cos the old one was fine, especially if they've been struggling financially. Why replace a species which already had a decent model, rather than spending that money in filling a more noticeable gap - replacing an animal which had been retired a long while, or had a poor sculpt which couldn't compete on the modern market, or even something new.

Having said that, I do like the Okapi, it looks realistic and appealing, with really nicely done leg markings and bum stripes. And it's good to see this rare species being given attention, particularly for the child collectors who can learn animals through toys.

Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 2:28 pm

The figure, at least in the image, looks a bit rough.... It reminds me of the first Safari figures... It is true that the Safari okapi XL would be the best the brand has ever made in my opinion, and I prefer this new one to the old one.

For me, the Papo okapi and the Bullyland okapi (in mold, not in paint) would be the best.

There are still 5 new figures to be revealed this month. Hopefully Safari will present, at least, one figure to remember in this 2022.
We will have some figures that no brand has produced yet (as it happened with the roseate spoonbill or the anhinga)... Maybe a caracal, a coipu, a scarlet ibis, a rhea, a dhole...

Among my wishes would be a striped hyena (no?? Really???) or some African antelope.
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 4:36 pm

Texture detail feels very smooth to nonexistent on the figure...
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 5:34 pm

George wrote:
It seems a bit illogical for a company to invest in changing a figure which didn't actually need the change cos the old one was fine, especially if they've been struggling financially. Why replace a species which already had a decent model, rather than spending that money in filling a more noticeable gap - replacing an animal which had been retired a long while, or had a poor sculpt which couldn't compete on the modern market, or even something new.

That may not necessarily be the case if it is a popular species but the model does not sell as well as those of the competition. If that's the case, it may be better to replace it with a model that can beat the competition. Also, the old Safari model may not sell so well anymore because most people who want it already have it, but if they release a new model, many collectors and children may be happy to add a second Safari okapi to their collection.
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 5:09 pm

FlaffyRaptors wrote:

As someone who sculpts animal figurines, I personally don't think texture is that necessary on animals with thin fur like an Okapi-- especially when it has a more intricate color pattern. The texture on the real animal isn't really visible from a distance:

I think the sculpt itself is great, but the paintwork could be better. I think the eye could have done with more paint, instead of using the white from the facial marking. Said white markings could have been better with a dark wash, and it could have done without the highlight on the body and just had the light brown on the head. It's still a nice Okapi figure, though, and I'll add it to my collection when it's out.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Safari Chinese Dragon   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 11:22 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I just checked the Safari website, and there's something new listed there. It's a Chinese dragon, part of their dragons collection. The item number is 100822. I'm not sure if I'll get this one, for myself I mean, but we'll see what it looks like when I order it sometime. Anyway, that's all the new releases news I've heard of so far. Well, that's 1the latest that we know about. Anyway, all I can say is keep an eye on their website, there might be more releases coming.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 11:54 pm

That is a pretty neat dragon model...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 12:17 am

I think this is a very cool dragon figure with a very dynamic pose and I believe dragon fans will love it. Safari's description I'm joining below is also very good.

Characteristics: This Chinese dragon figure features the serpentine shape, antler-like horns, long whiskers and ornate finned spines often seen on depictions of this mythical creature. Its green and yellow scales and horns contrast with the red of its spines, whiskers and tongue.

Size: This dragon figure measures about 6 inches in length.

The Chinese Dragon figure is part of the Dragons collection.

burton70

Country/State : Poland - Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 10:06 am

CollectA showed how to make and paint okapi :)

Geospiza fortis wrote:
FlaffyRaptors wrote:

As someone who sculpts animal figurines, I personally don't think texture is that necessary on animals with thin fur like an Okapi-- especially when it has a more intricate color pattern. The texture on the real animal isn't really visible from a distance:

I think the sculpt itself is great, but the paintwork could be better. I think the eye could have done with more paint, instead of using the white from the facial marking. Said white markings could have been better with a dark wash, and it could have done without the highlight on the body and just had the light brown on the head. It's still a nice Okapi figure, though, and I'll add it to my collection when it's out.
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 9:14 pm

Definitely agree with your take on the fur, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], this is a big animal, and I don't think replicating those details at this scale would work well. CollectA tried it, and the fur looks a bit off.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 4:18 am

Nice dragon. Looks like Shenlong from the Dragonball series. ^^

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next