Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB

Go down 
+32
thebritfarmer
burton70
Concavenator
Taos
Bloodrayne
FlaffyRaptors
Leyster
Shanti
Kikimalou
sphyrna18
Stripedhyena
Deanmo19
Geospiza fortis
SUSANNE
Roger
rogerpgvg
aschuck
George
endogenylove
Gecko08
LukaLeon085
lucky luke
widukind
Loon
Burgerenby
MansoBoricua
bmathison1972
Joliezac
shadoweon
Saarlooswolfhound
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tupolew Tu-154
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 9:00 pm

I want mythology and fantasy.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 10:56 pm

I enjoy this kind of torture, at least we are the whole year waiting for new releases.
I hope next models are from Wild Safari Wildlife, North American or Wings of the World series.

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyTue May 24, 2022 12:16 am

Safari announces new animals in June and July! bounce

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyTue May 24, 2022 3:41 am

I see a repaint of their unicorn but nothing else so far.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
New 2022 Safari LTD Asia Toob: Asian elephant, Indian rhino, orangutan, panda, tiger, Saiga Antelope, Philippine Eagle, and Gharial

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:04 pm

A Philippine eagle!? affraid

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:05 pm

Ah, looks like we had the same idea at the same time!

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:05 pm

Joliezac wrote:
A Philippine eagle!? affraid

Yes! Definitely the figure I’m most excited to see from this batch. If it’s good, it saves me from hunting down a Japanese figure.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:13 pm

Hurray!!!! That is an excellent toob!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:27 pm

An excellent TOOB, but I already have all those species in 'standard size', so nothing for me :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:27 pm

Very good looking figures for TOOB sized ones. Great species too. This panda seems as good as the Wildlife Wonders. A Philippine eagle or a saiga are surely great surprises. The Indian elephant is also very good for its size.
Since they're only 8, they might be slightly larger than the traditional tube sized figures. For those who collect 1:32 scale, maybe the orangutan, tiger, saiga should be considered.

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:29 pm

The money I'd give to see Safari make a regular sized Saiga, Gharial and an updated Asian Elephant in their Wildlife line...

The Panda and Tiger are easily the least interesting two out of this bunch. The Saiga seems to be missing the white spray and black horns when compared to promo images? Though the lighter toned horns are more welcome since the real animal rarely shows dark coloured horns.
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:59 pm

I've heard that Toob's paint quality tends to decrease drastically after the first production run, can anyone confirm this?

I've been meaning to pick up the new Primates and South American Toobs; but if the paint quality is poor since it's been a few years since release now, I might pass on them.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 5:20 pm

To sad no new specie for me

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 6:53 pm

I rejoice for the Philippine eagle Applause cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 7:24 pm

FlaffyRaptors wrote:
I've heard that Toob's paint quality tends to decrease drastically after the first production run, can anyone confirm this?

I've been meaning to pick up the new Primates and South American Toobs; but if the paint quality is poor since it's been a few years since release now, I might pass on them.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remember seeing other threads about the quality drop of toob figures, but this is the only one I could find so quickly.
Unfortunately it is true.

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 9:16 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
FlaffyRaptors wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remember seeing other threads about the quality drop of toob figures, but this is the only one I could find so quickly.
Unfortunately it is true.

I purchased the primates toob near the end of last year and made a post about the horrible quality of the figures I received. It’s unfortunately very true.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 4:50 am

In regards to toob quality, I've found that if its more than a year after its production, the paint quality really decreases. The South American toob may still be fine since it came out last year. I bought mine when it first came out so I'm not sure if others have had issues with these. I see older Toobs in stores though and the quality is quite poor on them compared to original releases.

This is sometimes similar with Papo.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 5:22 am

I know the new Asian toob doesn't contain too much truly unique in terms of species but its just like the African toob, they had to cover the iconic species for the continent. I think the eagle should be celebrated as it is a first for the "big 6" and the gharial is still a rare species for these big brands and the saiga is also a first. Besides that given the size they are very nicely sculpted. I am excited to see more revealed as time goes on!

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 11:22 am

Happy to see that the paint quality looks good. Does anyone have precise size information already? It looks like some may be good additions to my 1:32 scale wildlife reserve.

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 7:31 pm

This Asian TOOB looks great! It features not only most of the iconic species but also has animals from most of the varied regions/habitats found in Asia.  It would have been so easy to just feature the usual Southeast Asian species (plus Panda), but they included the Gharial, Philippine Eagle, and Saiga.  I'd love to see Safari use these regional TOOBs as a jumping off point for more specific TOOB releases (such as a Southeast Asian TOOB, Indian Animals TOOB, Himalayan Animals, Animals of China, etc...), which could also be complimented by some more species-specific  TOOBs (such as a new Reptiles TOOB, new Insects TOOB, new Frogs & Toads TOOB, new Turtles TOOB, new Wild Cats TOOB, Wild Dogs TOOB, as well as introducing TOOBs of Lizards, Venomous Snakes, Non-venomous Snakes, Spiders, Civets & Genets, Mongooses, Weasels, etc...).  I do believe that Safari could make serious bank with more TOOBs.

A quick note about TOOB quality - just when you think they always get worse with time, I have been seeing an uptick in the paint quality in recently received TOOBS.  In fact, way better paint jobs than I've perhaps ever seen.  Granted, not all TOOBs are getting these makeovers, but enough that I've noticed.  Safari constantly tries to update and better paint quality, I know that, and it looks like they are vastly improving some of their TOOBs.  Just my two cents.  This conversation already has a topic, though, so it should move to that unless we are discussing new paintjobs in pre-existing TOOBs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 7:51 pm

If Safari played off of a PV/K&M style Toob plan (which I think is sort of what you are suggesting) it would be popular amongst collectors! And be a good teaching tool which seems to be a big selling point for them. 

As for paint, is it possible the later decrease in paint quality was due to their bankruptcy scare? And perhaps now that they have a new selling strategy (also being a distributor for other brand products) they can improve that quality again?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 8:52 pm

You can discuss about Safari TOOBS quality in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 8:58 pm

lucky luke wrote:
I rejoice for the Philippine eagle Applause cheers Very Happy

I agree. Although this time there were not many exotic hoofstock (blackbuck, sambar, gaur or water buffalo), I see Safari Ltd. really took advantage and made a masterpiece with the Saiga, the Eagle and the Gharial. Those aren't seen that often in Western manufacturers, and Safari finally brought them. This is definitely a successful release. Five stars for Safari! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB   Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari 2022 releases... updated with Sahara Desert TOOB
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next