Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katy's little but actively growing collection

Go down 
+8
George
widukind
Bonnie
Brandubh94
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 11:08 am

I like those Angus. If I'm not wrong one of them was reissued exclusively for the US market.

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 2:07 pm

Roger wrote:
I like those Angus. If I'm not wrong one of them was reissued exclusively for the US market.
Thank you Roger!
That might be, I am not entirely sure on that. From what I know they were reissued ones in 2017(?) but not exclusively to any country. At least they are pictured my 2017 second half catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 4:12 pm

Today I will show all my sheep, goats and a Llama to you.

First up my two sheep
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17075 Sheep

Here we have Schleich's sheep moulded in 2013 and released in 2019 with this paintjob. The mould is gender less and I keep it as an ewe in my collection. Mine was made in China and was part of a former EDEKA series. I think that she is a decent model. She looks woolly and I like how they painted her. I just wish it would have been a "proper" ewe and not a gender less model. Otherwise she is a nice sheep.

I decided to name her Dolly.

13284 Lamb, lying

Here is Schleich's lying lamb moulded in 2003 and released in 2004. The mould is gender less and I keep it as a little ewe. Mine was made in Germany. This is one of the models that I got from my uncle on my 9th birthday. He gave me then a bunch of little Schleich critters which you will see in further posts. The adult squirrel I showed in the SUY topic for Squirrel and Marmots is also part of this bunch.
But let's continue talking about the lamb Wink I quite like her. She is one of my two lying models and while I generally prefer standing models, it's good to see a larger variety of poses. Overall she looks very sweet and adorable.

I decided to call her Daisy (Ромашка) because of her white colouring.

And here is another family pic. Hopefully I will get a ram for them soon.

Now to my two goats

17074 Goat

Here we have Schleich's goat moulded in 2015 but released in 2017. I haven't noticed it before but apparently she (and her goatling) is also one of this models that has the 2015 mould stamp on it but was released in 2017. What happened that year? Anyway this girl here was made in China and was part of a former EDEKA series. That's why she looks looks shiny on the photos. I really like this model. Especially because they painted her eyes correctly and didn't just give her black eyes like they do with many animals. Overall she is a lovely model but I didn't manage to give her a name yet.

17087 Black Goat Kid

This is the exclusively painted goat kid that came that had it's first release in the 2021 Farm World advent calendar and was reused in the EDEKA series from last year. That's were I also got mine from and also the reason why she looks shiny in the photos. This mould is gender less and I keep mine as a female. I remember how exited I was when EDEKA announced that she would be part of their series because I didn't get the Farm World advent calendar that year but really liked this little goat kid. She looks very adorable and also kind of mischievous. I love her simple colouring and that she has just like her mother the typical goat eyes. Overall she is a very lovely model. Unfortunately she doesn't have a name yet.

And here is another family pic. Hopefully the little one will get a father someday. I would also love to see a wider variety of goat breeds.

And now to the last figure:
17086 Llama

Here we have Schleich's Llama moulded in 2020 and released in 2021. This one was part of last year's EDEKA series and belongs to my brother. This mould is gender less and my brother keeps it as a male. He was made in Tunisia.
Honestly I don't really like this model. It looks rather toyish and rather far from realism. Especially his head bothers me the most. His colouring is fine but it would be better if they would have chosen another colour than white.

My brother decided to call him Rey which means king in Spanish. I would love to see not only renditions of Alpacas and Llamas but also of Guanacas and Vicuñas, their wild relatives. I just don't understand why the major brands don't release any  Crying or Very sad

This is it for today. Next time I will show my last ungulates to you.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 6:18 pm

Really lovely collection. I have been enjoying all your updates!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 6:20 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Really lovely collection. I have been enjoying all your updates!
Thank you!
I have been also enjoying reading through your Curious Compendium Tour Finale!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 6:29 pm

Thank you Katie! I should get to horses for those who enjoy those *somewhat* soon. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 12:25 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 1:51 pm

Even if I'm not a Farm animal collector, I must say your little but actively growing collection is very nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 3:17 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you Katie! I should get to horses for those who enjoy those *somewhat* soon. Wink
That sounds wonderful! I will be looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 3:18 pm

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers
Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 3:20 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Even if I'm not a Farm animal collector, I must say your little but actively growing collection is very nice Very Happy
Thank you very much! I will finish showing my Farmlife collection soon. Then there will be only wildlife, prehistoric and fantasy figures.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 4:30 pm

Today I will show the rest of my ungulates to you.

14256 White Tailed Fawn

Here is Schleich's White Tailed fawn moulded in 2002 and released in 2003. This mould is gender less and I keep mine as a little buck. Mine was made in China. This little fawn was also part of the same batch as my lamb and he still hasn't got any family Rolling Eyes  Hopefully he'll get one soon, poor little fella. But anyway, he is one of my oldest moulds and I really love him. He looks very cute and because of his pose it even seems that he just learned how to stand on his long feet I love you Just a very lovely model.

I decided to name him Bambi (I mean: how else can you call a little fawn Laughing ).

41457b Moose calf

Here we have Schlech's set exclusive moose calf moulded in 2016 and released in 2017 in the set 41457 "Forest Babies". This mould is gender less and I keep it as a male in my collection. Mine was made in China. I bought this set only because of this little moose calf as there was no other moose calf available at that time (and this set was also already retired but it popped up on Amazon for it's original price). I'm really happy that I got it also because I don't like the new moose calf Schleich released this year.
He looks quite cute but I wished he would be a little bit bigger. And his colouration is also a little bit strange... but otherwise he is a very adorable little calf. Unfortunately I didn't give him a name yet.

14759 Oryx Antelope

Here is Schleich's Oryx Antelope moulded in 2015 and released in 2016. This mould is gender less and I keep it as a male. Mine was made in China and was part of a former EDEKA series. He is a very lovely model. I just like how he was coloured and his simple standing pose. He is probably one of my favourites in my collection.

For some reason I decided to call him Steven. He is a wise and a little bit of a funny guy in my collection. I am sure you will love his best friend, as he is an animal that probably would never have a friendship with an antelope  Wink .

14751 Giraffe calf

Here is Schleich's Giraffe calf moulded in 2015 and released in 2016. This mould is gender less and I keep it as a male in my collection. Mine was made in China. I really like this little calf. He looks so adorable and is also appropriately tall. He is nicely shaded and overall a lovely model.

I decided to call him Melmen like the Giraffe out of Disney's Madagascar.

This is it for today. Next up will be my canines.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 9:15 pm

Perfect name for your fawn. Sometimes the most predictable names are the best. I like so much this gemsbok, I have myself one in my collection. Great reticulated giraffe calf too. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 1:50 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 5:19 pm

Roger wrote:
Perfect name for your fawn. Sometimes the most predictable names are the best. I like so much this gemsbok, I have myself one in my collection. Great reticulated giraffe calf too. Very Happy
Thank you Roger!
Schleich's Oryx is a lovely figure for sure. I love my Steven.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 5:19 pm

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers
Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 2:05 pm

Today I will show you the majority of my dog collection.

16839 Dalmatian puppy

Here is Schleich's Dalmatian puppy moulded in 2015 and released in 2016. The mould is gender less and I keep it as a female. Mine was made in China and I got her out of the set 42502 "Vet Clinic with Pets". She is very adorable and easily my favourite of the three puppies I currently have. I just love her playful pose and the patch around her eye. She has some nice shading and is overall a very cute model.

I decided to name her Dana after a neighbor's dog (Even though she was an Irish Setter and not a Dalmatian).
Now a little bit more about her character:
Dana is a very playful and curious little puppy. She likes to run around the territories with her friends. Dana is always kind and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents someday.

13835 Chocolate Labrador Retriever Puppy

Here is the Chocolate Labrador Retriever puppy moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. The mould is gender less and I keep it as a female. She was made in China. This is currently my only dog that I didn't get out of a set... Hopefully there will be many more in future. She is also quite adorable and nicely shaded. I also like her pose.

I decided to name her simply Brownie.
Now a little bit more about her:
Brownie is just like Dana very playful and rather curious. She likes to play with her friends and like to offer other creatures her help. Brownie is always kind and polite to every creature in every kingdom and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents again.

97873b French Bulldog

Here is the advent calendar exclusively painted French Bulldog moulded in 2014 and released in 2019 in the 2019 Farm World calendar. This mould is sculpted as a female. Mine was made in China. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of this breed I still like this model quite a bit. She looks kind of funny to me and even though her colouring is rather plain, I think it looks good on her.

I decided to name her Francisca because it was the first name that came to my mind when I saw her.
Francisca is an older member of the canine kingdom. She likes to watch the puppies play and spend time with the human royal family. Francisca is always friendly and polite to all around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her husband again.

16394 Golden Retriever males

Here we have Schleich's male Golden Retrievers moulded in 2013 and released in 2014. Mine were both made in China. The lighter (more reddish) one comes from the set 41423 "Feeding on the Farm" and the darker (more yellowish)  comes from the set 42419 "Western Set". The lighter one was the first Schleich dog in my collection. I just think that this mould looks lovely and I love how they sculpted their fur. I am also kind of surprised how differently they were painted, though at least it makes it way easier for me to tell them apart  Wink

I deiced to name the lighter one Lucky and the darker one Jack.
Now to Jack's character:
Jack is a friendly and energetic young dog. He loves to zoom around the territories with the human girl Zoe and Quarter Horse stallion Caspian. From time to time his little brother Lucky joins them with human girl Zveta and Trakehner stallion Topaz. He is always kind and polite to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with his family again.

Now to Lucky's character:
Lucky is a very active and playful young dog. He is slightly younger than his brother Jack and likes to offer other creatures his help. Most of his time he spends with human girl Zveta and Trakehner stallion Topaz and together they like to explore the territories. Lucky is always kind and polite to everyone around him and is looking forward to be reunited with his family again.

42568b Shetland Sheepdog

Here is Schleich's Sheltie released in 2022 in the set 42568 "Tack Shop". This mould is gender less and I keep it as a female in my collection. I really love this little dog. Her fur is so well sculpted, she looks very fluffy I love you  I also like her colouring quite a bit and simply the fact that she is a Sheltie which we see quite rarely in the model animal world unfortunately. I hope that there will be more of them in the future so that this girl here could have a family.

I decided to name her Roxy.
Roxy is a kind and calm young dog. She likes to watch the puppies play and to help human Tatyana in her saddlery the best she can. From time to time she joins Tatyana on her rides on the English Thoroughbred stallion Eric through the territories. Roxy is friendly to every creature of every kingdom and hopes to find her love someday.

This is it for today. Next up will be the rest of my dogs and my foxes.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 5:36 pm

I've already shown you my craziest horse family but this was nothing in comparison to the family I will show you today.

Meet: The craziest family out of all my collection

First up: the dog part of this family

Rough Collie

This was one of my very first models. I got her probably when I was around 3 to 4 years old, so quite some time ago and a few years before getting my first branded figures. This model is unbranded and gender less. I keep it as female. She came in a set with a few other farm animals but I don't really remember what the set was called like. The only think that she has on her belly is the typical "made in China" stamp. I have no idea of what brand this figure could be so if someone knows it, please tell me. I would be interested to know about it.
I assume that she is supposed to portrait a Rough Collie, at least she looks like one to me. I love this little model. She was together with her mother (that you will get to know further) and husband my favourite figures to play with when I was a kid. She was always part of some adventures and tried to hold up good relationships between all of her family members (she has a good portion of half siblings on her father's side and a lot of cousins on the same side). Her father is probably the craziest part of this crazy family and he won't be shown here as he is most definitely not part of this collection (He isn't a canine...). While I also don't really consider her as a part of this collection she will always have a place in my heart I love you

I decided to name her Sarah back then and her "older" sister that is on the same model but sadly I don't know where she is, Bella.
Now a little bit more about Sarah's character:
Sarah is a young and outgoing dog. She is always full of energy and loves to spend time with her big family. After her parents divorced she stayed with her father as she never wanted to live in the "Schleich Kingdoms" but she always kept up the contact with her mother and little half sister. Sarah is kind and always there to help. From her mother she inherited magical powers and is therefore training to become a proper witch. Sarah loves her little pup more than anything and is looking forward to be reunited with her older siblings someday.

LEGO Duplo dog

Here is my only Lego Duplo dog. This model is gender less and I keep it as a male. I also really love this model. He was just like Sarah (but a bit less) part of many adventures. I really don't know what breed he is supposed to portrait but I assume that he is just meant to be a generic dog. As he was always a character that came out of poor living conditions and never had a family background, this fits him well enough.

I decided to name him Bello.
Now a little bit more about his character:
Bello is a young and kind dog. His biggest dream was to be with Sarah and even though he was neglected by her parents he is more than happy that he achieved his dream. Now he is a happy husband and father and tries to learn from his strict father in law how to be a good merchant. Bello is always friendly to all around him and is endlessly grateful that he has finally a wonderful home and family.

42432c Golden Retriever Puppy

Here we have the set exclusively painted Golden Retriever Puppy moulded in 2013 and released in 2018 in the set 42432 "Sarah's Baby Animal Care". This mould is gender less and I keep it as a female in my collection. Mine was made n China. This model might be Schleich's favourite pup as they've put her in four sets already, instead of recouloring her or take another mould. I will most probably end up with a second one sometime thanks to Schleich's effort...
She is really adorable and I love how her fur is sculpted. She has also sculpted paw pads and they are even painted in a pinkish tone! She is definitely a lovely model and I am happy to own her in my collection.

I decided to name her Lilly.
Now a little bit more about her:
Lilly is an active and kind little puppy. She loves to play with her auntie and to be around her huge family. Just as her mother she inherited magical powers and has started minor training to become a proper witch someday. Lilly is always friendly and polite to everyone around her.

And here is another family pic. Lilly is a little big in comparison to her mom...

Next up: my fox family

A little hybrid family...

14648 Red Fox

Here we have Schleich's Red Fox moulded in 2010 and released in 2011. This mould is gender less and I keep it as a female in my collection. Mine was made in Germany. This model is probably my favourite model of all times. She was one of the first members of my collection and as you can see on her poor condition she was played with a lot. For some reason I decided that she should be a witch when I got her and that way she became one of the most powerful creatures in our little world  Smile I just love this little fox and she will always have a place in my heart  I love you

I decided to name her Alice (Алиса) as this is a common fox name in Russian folklore.
Alice is an older fox lady and a member of the canine kingdom, though as she married ones a creature that didn't belong to the kingdoms, she was not very welcomed there for a long amount of time. After marring Blizzard the Arctic Fox, Alice regained her status but still prefers to be outside the kingdoms' territories for the most part. There is nothing more that she loves than here children. She keeps up the contact with her two oldest pups and loves to visit Sarah. She even has regained a good relationship with her former husband, so that Sarah would not feel uncomfortable in their presence. Most of the creatures know Alice because of her magical powers. Alice is proud to be a powerful witch and is teaching all of her daughters and granddaughter to use their powers properly. She is mostly polite to everyone and is looking forward to the return of her oldest pups.

14805 Arctic Fox

Here we have Schleich's Arctic Fox moulded in 2017 and released in 2018. This mould is gender less and I keep it as a male in my collection. Mine was made in China. I quite like this model. He looks so sly because of the way they painted his face and I love how his fur is sculpted.  His little paw pads are even painted black! He is a lovely model overall.

I decided to name him Blizzard (Буран), which I think suits an Arctic Fox quite well.
Now a little bit more about him:
Blizzard is an older member of the canine kingdom. He is the canine kingdom's minister and the royal couple cherishes him for his intelligence and wisdom. Blizzard is Alice's second husband and wants that it stays like that. He has a fine relationship to her second youngest daughter Sarah and a rather bad one with Alice's former husband. Blizzard is always friendly and polite to most around him.

14649 Red Fox Kit

Here is Schleich's Red Fox kit moulded in 2010 and released in 2011. This mould is gender less and I keep it as a female in my collection. Mine was made in China. I like this model. She is painted nicely and looks very adorable.

I decided to call mine Lara.
Lara is an energetic and kind little fox cub. She loves to play with her niece Lilly and to visit her older half sister Sarah. Just as Sarah and Lilly she inherited magical powers from her mother and has started minor training to become a proper witch someday. Lara is always kind and polite to everyone around her.

And here is another family pic

This is it for today. Next up I will show the rest of my canines.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:59 pm

Nice canids :)

Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 8:30 pm

widukind wrote:
Nice canids :)
Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 4:51 pm

beautiful Foxes and dogs , congratulations. cheers cheers

Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 4:52 pm

landrover wrote:
beautiful Foxes and dogs , congratulations.  cheers cheers
Thank you Fernando!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 3:26 pm

The stories of how these figures came to you and formed their little families in your play is really charming and reminds me a lot of all the old figures I have, so much nostalgia. It is amazing how attached we get to random little figures when we are young and giving them stories and personalities. It's the main reason I collect the random, obscure figures I do now, because I had ones like that as a kid and gave them stories. I also love you little fawn Bambi, he has a vintage quality to him certainly and looks well loved.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 4:59 pm

Jill wrote:
The stories of how these figures came to you and formed their little families in your play is really charming and reminds me a lot of all the old figures I have, so much nostalgia. It is amazing how attached we get to random little figures when we are young and giving them stories and personalities. It's the main reason I collect the random, obscure figures I do now, because I had ones like that as a kid and gave them stories. I also love you little fawn Bambi, he has a vintage quality to him certainly and looks well loved.
Thank you Jill!
It's also somewhat nostalgic for me as well, as I'm (kind of) an adult now and look back at my childhood memories.
Yes Bambi has seen better days... It's kind of shocking  that his mould is a few years older than me and he certainly looks like one of the older Schleich models.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 5:21 pm

Today I will show the last members of my canine collection to you just as a little update on my horse collection.

First up: my wolfs

14605 Wolf

Here we have Schleich's wolf moulded in 2008 and released in 2009. This mould is gender less and I keep it as a female. Mine was made in Germany. Wolfs belong to my favourite animals but I only came around this year to actually get some for my collection. This wolf and her pup are the last models of the second hand lot which I got in July. I think that this model is very pretty. She is nicely shaded and I like the mould overall very much.

I decided to name her Julfien after a character out of one of my stories with werewolf ancestry. Her colour scheme just represents the look of this character very well.

Julfien (mostly called July by her friends and husband) is an older member of the canine kingdom. She is a close friend of the canine queen and has therefore a good rank. July is more on the secretive side and likes to keep more to herself rather than talk to everyone. Most of her time she looks after her pup and the canine kingdom's young princess. July is mostly friendly and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her husband someday.

14606 Wolf Cub

Here we have Schleich's wolf cub moulded in 2008 and released in 2009. This mould is gender less and I keep mine as a male. Mine was made in Germany. I love this little wolf cub! In fact he was the main reason I bought this second hand lot as I wanted another wolf cub but on most promo pictures he looked kind of goofy. This model though looked absolutely fine so I decided to pick him and his mother up (plus a ton of horses Laughing ). He is just super adorable and quite accurately made with his long ears and lovely colouring. Just a very cute puppy I love you

I decided to name mine Balto after the main character out of a movie I loved to watch as a kid. He was a wolf and husky cross.
Now a little bit more about him:
Balto is a curious but also rather shy little wolf pup. He prefers to stay close to his mother most of the time but sometimes he also plays with the canine princess and dog puppies. Balto is friendly and polite to all around him and is looking forward to be reunited with his father again.

Such a cute pair. Hopefully I will get more gray wolves in the future.

Next up: my Arctic wolf. I don't have any made for her right now and just hope that CollectA will make an Arctic wolf someday (and update their current grey wolves!)

14742 Arctic wolf

Here we have Schleich's Arctic Wolf moulded in 2014 and released in 2015. This mould is gender less and I keep it as a female. Mine was made in China and was part of this year's EDEKA series. I am very glad that I waited with this post a little bit as I got this girl only last week. She was on my wishlist for quite some time and I've nearly given up on her and "moved on" to Safari's and Papo's arctic wolves. But luckily EDEKA decided to bring her back and now she is part of my collection! I think that her fur is lovely made and she even has painted paw pads. Overall I would prefer my other wolf model though.

Her current name is Arktika but I might change it in the future.

Arktika is a young and kind wolf. She is the royal couple's oldest pup and is therefore the canine princess. Arktika is very curious and outgoing. She loves to play with Balto and explore the territories. Arktika is friendly and polite to all creatures of all kingdoms and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents and little brother again.

Now to another new model:

HC magazine 44 782344 Appaloosa foal "Dotty"

Here we have the magazine exclusive silver black leopard blanket Appaloosa foal moulded in 2017 and released in 2023. Other than the original this model is gender less and I keep it as a filly. For some reason the shops in my city get the Horse Club magazines a half year later and that's why she came to me only last week. But nevertheless I am very happy that she is now part of my collection as I like her unusual coat colour quite a bit.

I decided to call her Alani after a minor character of mine.
Alani is a kind and playful young filly. She is Stacey's slightly younger twin sister and follows her everywhere she can. Alani is curious and outgoing and loves to run around the territories. She is friendly and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her father someday.

Here she is with her twin sister Stacey. I still prefer the original.

And here she is with her mother as well. Hopefully I will get these two a father someday.

And the last animal for today:

14735 Hyena

Here is Schleich's Spotted Hyena moulded in 2014 and released in 2015. This mould was sculpted as a male. Mine was made in China and I got him out of the set 42504 "Attack of the Hyena".
Thanks to TAW and this forum I learned that Hyenas are actually closer to felines than to canines. I decided to put him in this post as a link to the next category I will show you - my beloved felines!
I like this mould. His colouring is nicely done and I like his pose quite a bit as well. I would love to see more Hyenas on the market just as Hyena pups as I haven't seen anyone making one which is a shame. Unfortunately he hasn't got a name yet.

This is it for today. Next up will be my kitties!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy's little but actively growing collection
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next