Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katy's little but actively growing collection

Go down 
+8
George
widukind
Bonnie
Brandubh94
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023, 16:22

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023, 16:25

Nice little non-horse type equines. Do you collect wild life type animals? Or sea-life?
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023, 16:26

widukind wrote:
Nice again

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023, 16:28

Brandubh94 wrote:
Nice little non-horse type equines. Do you collect wild life type animals? Or sea-life?

Thank you!
I collect pretty much everything, so you will see more of my wild life and also sea-life animals in further posts.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023, 16:30

Ah right...because I know plenty of animal figurine collectors can stick to only one kind. I have yet to do that... ^^
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023, 17:21

I love donkeys and Alfalfa is a perfect name. The only problem is that the other donkeys might want to eat it. Laughing There's another problem, Mara is a famous African river full of huge Nile crocodiles, not the best place for a drinking zebra. affraid Thanks for sharing your figures, they're wonderfful, especially that famous zebra family.

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023, 18:16

Brandubh94 wrote:
Ah right...because I know plenty of animal figurine collectors can stick to only one kind. I have yet to do that... ^^

I started collecting as a kid because I was super animal crazy. My parents and grandparents gave me books about animals and it was my biggest joy to read them. I'm still an animal lover and also have a little fable for fantasy creatures. That's why I collect all kind of animal figures that seem pretty/well made to me. Currently I am on a horse wave but I am trying to include also wildlife, farmlife, prehistoric and fantasy creatures in my acquisitions. Like our collector's guideline says: There aren't too many models only not enough shelf space...
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023, 18:23

Roger wrote:
I love donkeys and Alfalfa is a perfect name. The only problem is that the other donkeys might want to eat it. Laughing There's another problem, Mara is a famous African river full of huge Nile crocodiles, not the best place for a drinking zebra. affraid Thanks for sharing your figures, they're wonderfful, especially that famous zebra family.

Thank you Roger!

I didn't know about the River (or I totally forgot...). That's great to know! The only other Mara that came to my mind was out of the Hinduism's mythology.
I'm sure she will be careful Smile

And don't worry, Mama Alfalfa will certainly will keep an eye on her troublemakers so that they won't take a bite Laughing
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyMon 04 Sep 2023, 13:49

Today I will show our pachyderms to you

First up all our Elephants:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Currently we have only an Indian Elephant family but I would love to get also an African Elephant family.
These Schleich models have the same issue as the Haflingers that I showed you before. All of them have the 2015 stamp on them but officially they were released in 2017. I haven't seen any models with a 2016 mould stamp yet but I can imagine that such models may also exist.

Now to the family itself
14754 male Asian Elephant

Here we have Schleich's male Asian Elephant moulded in 2015 and released in 2017. This model was made in China and belongs to my brother. I quite like this model. He has a nice active pose and I love how detailed his skin is and you can even see his tongue. He has a nice colour scheme and is a nice (and heavy) model overall.

My brother decided to name him Dumbo even though if he is an Indian Elephant that are known for having small ears Laughing  . We love irony...

14753 female Asian elephant

Here is the female Asian Elephant moulded in 2015 and released in 2017. Mine was made in China. She is also a very nice model. Unlike her husband she has a rather relaxed walking pose and looks very calm. She has also a nice colour scheme and I especially like the black spots on her trunk. A very lovely figure. She doesn't have a name yet unfortunately.

14755 Asian Elephant calf

Here we have Schleich's Asian Elephant calf moulded in 2015 and released in 2017. This mould is gender less from what I can see and I keep it as a female. Mine was made in China. She's a very cute model I love you I got her together with her mother in Hagenbeck (famous zoo in Hamburg) and last year I've seen that they replaced the now retired male and calf with African elephants Shocked They keep only Indian ones!
I really like her. She's in a nice active pose and I love that they've added some kind of fur(?) on her back. Just like her parents she has a nicely sculpted skin and color scheme. Unfortunately she hasn't got a name yet either but I will hopefully come up with something in the future.

Now to our Hippos

14814 Hippopotamus

Here we have Scheich's female Hippo moulded in 2017 and released in 2018. This model was made in China and belongs to my brother. I quite like her. Her skin texture is nicely made and it's good to see that Schleich has made her an actual female and not a gender less figure. She is in a relaxed standing position and looks very calm. The only thing I am not so fond of is her colour scheme. I just prefer the older one. Otherwise she is a rather decent model.

My brother decided to name her Gordulla after a "female" Hutt in Star Wars.

14682 Hippopotamus calf

Here we have Schleich's sitting Hippo calf moulded in 2012 and released in 2013. From what I can see this mould is genderless and I keep it as a female. Mine was made in China. She is super adorable  I love you  I love her sitting pose and her colour scheme is very nice as well. She has also some nice skin detailing.

I decided to name her Gloria like the Hippo in Disney's Madagascar.
Now a little bit more about her character:
Gloria is a sweet little Hippo calf. She is rather calm and a little bit timid. Most of the time she stays by her mother's side but sometimes she likes to play with other calves and run around the territories. She is always friendly and polite to all of the kingdoms' creatures and is looking forward to be reunited with her father someday.

A sweet little pair. Hopefully I will get a male at some point as well.

These were currently all of our pachyderms. Next up will be our ungulates.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyMon 04 Sep 2023, 15:24

Those hippo babies are so plump and cute! I have some of those elephants, they're really great
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyMon 04 Sep 2023, 16:03

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyMon 04 Sep 2023, 16:57

Brandubh94 wrote:
Those hippo babies are so plump and cute! I have some of those elephants, they're really great
Thank you!
Yes, hippo babies are simply cuties I love you
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyMon 04 Sep 2023, 16:58

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyTue 05 Sep 2023, 16:18

I didn't know about those 2017 releases being marked 2015, it is quite unusual for Schleich.
I love that little hippo calf sitting, whoever sculpted it certainly found inspiration in the old Britains hippo calf. which is a good idea.
That's one of the babies that should be in my collection, let's see if I get one someday.

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyTue 05 Sep 2023, 17:42

Roger wrote:
I didn't know about those 2017 releases being marked 2015, it is quite unusual for Schleich.
I love that little hippo calf sitting,  whoever sculpted it certainly found inspiration in the old Britains hippo calf. which is a good idea.
That's one of the babies that should be in my collection, let's see if I get one someday.

Thank you Roger!
Yes, it is unusual. Maybe be some kind of "factory flaw"?

The Britains hippo calf is very adorable and I can definitely recommend getting this Schleich calf. I don't really like the new one as it looks kind of cartoonish to me but the 2012/2013 is cute without being too unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023, 13:18

First ungulate post
Today I will show all our pigs to you

All of the domestic pigs belong to my brother and the wild boar piglet belongs to me.

First up: our "common" domestic pigs

13782 Pig

Here is Schleich's sow moulded in 2014 and released in 2015. This model was made in Vietnam and was part of last year's EDEKA series. I quite like this model. When we got her I was quite surprised about her size as she is relatively big. She is nicely detailed and I like her colouring. Overall she is a very decent model and I definitely like her better than the newer 2022 version.

My brother decided to name her Aphra after a Star Wars character.

13783 Piglet, standing

Here we have Schleich's standing piglet moulded in 2014 and released in 2015. It was sculpted as a female. This model was made in Vietnam and was part of last year's EDEKA series. She is so adorable I love you This little girl might be my favourite of his pigs. I just love how soft her colouring is and that she has also some nice details. She is made of a rubbery material and feels therefore quite soft and smooth to touch. Overall she is a very nice and cute model and I definitely like her more than the newer 2022 version.

My brother decided to name her Peppa like Peppa Pig.

And another family pic. Hopefully Peppa will get a father someday.

Next up: our miniature pigs

42422a Miniature Pig sow

Here is the set exclusive miniature sow released in 2018 in the set 42422 "Miniature Pig with Piglets". She is a cute model but her base colour is rather uniform. I like her pose though.

My brother decided to name her Jude like Jude Watson, an author of several Star Wars books.

97873c Miniature Piglet

Here we have the set exclusive Miniature piglet released in 2019. This model is out of the 2019 Farm world calendar. This mould is gender less and my brother keeps it as a male. He was the first pig in our collection and I do like him quite a bit. He looks very adorable and I like his running pose. His colouring is rather uniform but other than that he is simply cute.

My brother decided to name him George like George out of Peppa Pig.

42422 Miniature Piglet, standing

Here is the set exclusive standing Miniature piglet released in 2018 in the set 42422 "Miniature Pig with Piglets". This mould is gender less and my brother keeps it as a male. He is also very adorable I love you I really like his pose and his colouring is probably the nicest of all of his siblings. I especially like that his "snout" is coloured in another shade of pink than the rest of his body.

My brother decided to name him Drew after another Star Wars author.

42422 Miniature piglet, sitting

Here is the set exclusive sitting Miniature piglet released in 2018 in the set 42422 "Miniature Pig with Piglets". This mould is gender less and my brother keeps it as a male. I really like his pose. He just looks very adorable but the black spots aren't applied to well which is a pity. For some reason he and his brother are made of a rubbery material while his mother and the advent calendar piglet are out of normal plastic scratch Other than that he is a very cute model.

My brother decided to name him Chee, after Leland Chee.

And here they are all together again. Hopefully some of the major brands will make a Miniature boar someday.

Here is a little comparison of the "common" domestic sow and miniature sow. There is really a huge size difference.

And here we have a comparison between the piglets. Peppa and George together.

41457a Wild Boar piglet

Here is the set exclusive wild boar piglet moulded in 2016 and released in 2017 in the set 41457 "Forest Babies". The mould is gender less and I keep it as a female in my collection. Mine was made in China. I love this little piglet  I love you Her colouring is really nice and I like her simple standing pose. Overall she is a very nice model.

I decided to name her Bellota (pronounced Beyota) which is Spanish for acorn. I just thought that it would suit her well as wild boars love to eat acorns and her colouring looks similar to an acorn' colouring. I hope to get her some parents though therefore I need a wild sow or at least a gender less model (that would look less scary than Collecta's). Hopefully some of the major brands will release one in the future.

This is it for today. Next up will be our bovines.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023, 16:27

Those pigs are adorable! The pose on the adult one is great!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023, 17:52

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023, 17:58

Brandubh94 wrote:
Those pigs are adorable! The pose on the adult one is great!

Thank you!
I definitely would agree with you on that.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Sep 2023, 17:58

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers
Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023, 13:01

That's a serious collection of pigs! pig Very Happy

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023, 13:31

Roger wrote:
That's a serious collection of pigs! pig Very Happy
Thank you Roger!
Pigs are lovely animals and I would love to expand my personal collection with more "wild" pigs.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023, 15:48

Today I will show our little bovine collection to you

This part of our collection is definitely in the "to be expanded" section as I love cows and would love to get also wild members of the bovine family.

Now to the models themselves
First up: my only loner calf
13802 Simmental calf

Here is Schleich's Simmental calf moulded in 2015 and released in 2016. This mould is gender less and I keep it as a female. Mine was made in China and I got her out of the Farm World 2019 advent calendar. She is a very cute model and probably my favourite from my calves. I just love the way they sculpted her fur. It looks very curly and fluffy. Her colouring is also decent and I think that it's great that they added a little bit of pink shading to her. I also like her pose quite a bit.

I decided to call her Мила (pronounced as Meela) kind of as a hint to the word милый which means somewhat like kind, lovely or cute in Russian, though the name itself is an abbreviation of some feminine Russian names. She was also the first cow figure in our collection.

Next up: my Black Angus cattle

13369 Black Angus Cow

Here we have the Black Angus cow moulded in 2002 and released in 2003. Mine was made in China. She was a model I totally didn't expect to get so soon. I have seen her on Amazon for quite some time for a decent price but I'm pretty slow in getting retired figures that aren't horses and so she stayed there for a while. But then I got her as a surprise Christmas gift last year and I am super grateful for that. She is a nice model and has some charm to her even though her face looks a little bit funny from some angles. But I love her nonetheless and she is a great model overall. She doesn't have a name yet unfortunately.

13270 Black Angus Calf

Here we have the Black Angus calf moulded in 2002 and released in 2003. This mould was sculpted as a bull. He belongs to my brother and we got him out of the set 42419 "Western Set". I like this little calf. He has a nice pose and looks very curious. Both him and his mother don't really have a fur texture but are rather smooth.

My brother decided to name him June after a Star Wars character.

Here they are together again. I hope to get a father for June soon.

The last part of our cows: my Texas Longhorn family

13865 Texas Longhorn Cow

Here we have Schleich's Texas Longhorn Cow moulded in 2017 and released in 2018. Mine was made in China. She is a very lovely model and my favourite of the two adult cows I currently have. I like her colouring even though her base coat is flat black. I like her patches and the shading around her eyes and on her horns. She is a very nice model overall but unfortunately I didn't give a name to her yet.

13881 Texas Longhorn Calf

Here is Schleich's Texas Longhorn calf moulded in 2018 and released in 2019. The mould is gender less and I keep it as little cow. My was made in China and was part of last year's EDEKA series. She is a cute calf overall, but her pink shading is a little bit too hardcore. Otherwise I like the marking on her head that looks a little bit like a heart. Her hooves are nicely made and I like her overall. I didn't give her a name yet though unfortunately.

41418b calf

Here we have the set exclusively painted calf moulded in 2007 and released in 2017 in the set 41418 "Team Roping with Cowboy". This mould is gender less and I keep it as a little cow. Schleich didn't give her a specific breed in their set description but many collectors suggest that she a Red Angus calf. Maybe someone asked Schleich also and got that answer? I don't really know but as she came in a Western set, I thought that she could be a Texas Longhorn and so now she is one in my collection. The original model is a Holsteiner calf and I would love to get it because I love her colouration even more than from this one! Overall she is a very cute and nicely painted model. She has a good amount of shading and I love her pink muzzle. Just a very cute little calf that still needs a name.

And here is another family pic. Hopefully the twins will get a father someday.

This is it for today. Next up will be my sheep, goats and a Llama.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023, 15:54

Nice collection, I have the Texan Longhorn cow, both in black and brown, bull is brown I believe which is basically a recolour of the black markings variant?
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023, 17:16

Thank you!
I'm not entirely sure what you mean though, from what I can see the bull and the cow have different "pinto" patterns. Nothing too distinct but still not the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy's little but actively growing collection
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next