Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katy's little but actively growing collection

Go down 
+8
George
widukind
Bonnie
Brandubh94
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 7:27 pm

Final horse batch
Ladies and Gentlemen meet the one and only: Royal Family!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Who said, I am addicted to Friesians? I'm certainly not Laughing
Well ok, I might be slightly addictet. Friesians are my favourite horse breed and most major companies made wonderful renditions of these absolutely majestic horses. So I picked up a few...
This family consists currently out of 15 members and isn't entirely complete yet, especially after seeing pictures of the Friesian stallion Schleich brings out next year. So let's see what will come in future...

But now let's come to the family itself. Due to time management I will present only five members today.
First up:
13792 Friesian stallion

Here we have the black Friesian stallion moulded in 2014 and released in 2015 as an advent calender exclusive and in 2016 as a regular run. I got mine out of the set 42269 Friesian Care. My model was made in Tunisia. I really love him I love you He looks so proud and powerful in his standing position. Such a beautiful model. Many people don't like his shiny coat but I do. I think that he looks like he was just cleaned and prepared for a show. He was my favourite stallion in my collection before fairly recently another Friesian took his spot. Nevertheless I still love him very much and he is definitely one of the best models out there.

I decided to call him Phoenix (Феникс) because I already thought that I wouldn't get him. On Christmas that year I got the 2014 Friesian mare and the 2019 tournament Friesian stallion and didn't expect to get my beloved Phoenix. But then on New Year's Eve I was really surprised to find him under our "Christmas Tree". So he is really special to me.
His show name is "Risen from the Ashes" (Восставший из Пепла).
Now a little bit more about Phoenix:
Phoenix is an older and very important member of the equine kingdom. He was the former king of the equines but now he is enjoying his retirement and spending time with his grandfoals. Phoenix is a wise and calm stallion with a rather balanced character. He is proud of all his four (or five, depending on what I will decide next year) foals but is only happy with his son's mate choice as he comes along with her parents quite well. Phoenix is not happy with his sons in law and doesn't trust them too much. From time to time he competes in dressage. Phoenix loves his wife and is looking forward to be reunited with his youngest daughter again. He is always respectful and polite to every creature in every kingdom.

13906 Friesian mare

Here is the black Friesian mare moulded in 2019 and released in 2020. Mine was made in Romania. I quite like her too. She is pretty but not my favourite out of my Friesian mares. Many don't like the fact that her feathering is braided but I don't mind it. Moreover I think that that was rather creative and that lilac colour suits her quite well. What I personally rather dislike is her tail braid. I would prefer the tail without this braid. Her face is also a little bit strange. I think that the sculptor tried to give it some detailing but that went a bit wrong. Her mane on the other hand is very very pretty. Wonderfully made I love you

I decided to name her Frieda because it was the first name that came to mind. I got her with Phoenix and didn't expect to get her either.
Now a little bit more about her:
Frieda is an older and very important member of the equine kingdom. She was the former queen of the equines but now she is enjoying her retirement together with her husband. Just as him Frieda is very proud of her foals but unlike him she is alright with all her "foals-in-law" as she trusts her daughters and knows that their heart will guide them to the right stallion. From time to time she competes in dressage. She loves her husband and spending time with all her grandfoals. Frieda is always respectful and polite to all of the kingdoms' creatures.

Here is the royal couple together. I just think that they look like they were made for each other. I never thought that Phoenix could be the stallion of the 2014 Friesian mare just as Frieda could be the mare of the 2019 tournament Friesian. These two are just the perfect couple I love you

Bullyland 62660 Friesian stallion

Here we have the Bullyland's black Friesian stallion released in 2006. Mine was made in Germany. He is probably the strangest horse in my collection and the one that costed me the most. He just has a certain charm to him that I fell immediately in love with him when I saw his pictures on Amazon. I really like him. He is quite huge, which is not uncommon for Bullylands as they tend to be bigger than Schleich models. His hooves are humongous! I was kind of shocked when I had him in my hands for the first time. His hoof colouring is not the nicest as they are painted in a greenish colour and not painted on the underside at all (except for the horseshoes). Another point that bothers me a little bit is the colour of his "teeth" (his mouth is slightly opened but you can't see his teeth individually), which are painted grey. Other than that he is a very charming model and I really like him.

I decided to call him Fog for no real reason. I thought it would suit him.
Now a little bit more about him:
Fog is a wise and gentle stallion with a balanced character. He is the oldest of the Friesian brothers and the one who comes with his father in law along best. Fog loves his wife and little filly and is always happy to run around the territories with them. He also loves to care about his little niece who is currently waiting for her parents. Fog doesn't like to be ridden but let's the humans pet him. He is always kind and polite to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with his youngest brother (or brothers) again.

13604 Friesian mare

Here is the black Friesian mare moulded in 2005 and released in 2006. Mine was made in Germany. I just adore her  I love you She is just such a stunning model! Her active pose is wonderful, her mane and tail, the fur structure and the details on her face are simply awesome. Horseshoes are always a nice detail. She was a huge grail of mine and I am very happy that I finally got the chance to get her! I got her in the same lot as my Fallabella mare and Hannoverian stallion together with the rest of her original family that you will see futher and she was the one who came in worst condition. It is not really visible on the photos though and after I scrubbed her I wasn't able to touch her for a few days as my fingers didn't "accept" her texture anymore... Luckily it got better and she doesn't look too rough anymore either. She is actually not flat black but more of a brown tone.

I decided to call her Freya as the name of the Germanic Goddess of love and beauty just sounded appropriate for her.
Now a little bit more about her character:
Freya is a kind and intelligent mare. She is the second oldest of the royal foals and the oldest princess. Freya knows how to manage her royal duties well and is always respectful to all around her. She comes well along with all her brothers and sister in law and is always ready to help her older brother. Former she competed in dressage but she has quit the horse sport to spend more time with her family. Freya loves her husband and little filly and is always happy to run around the territories with them. She also loves her little niece and cares for her well. Freya misses her little sister and is looking forward to be reunited with her again.

Bullyland 62756 Friesian foal

Here is Bullyland's black Friesian foal released in 2015. The mould is gender less and I keep it as a filly in my collection. Mine was made in China. I really like this foal. It is very cute. She kind of reminds me of dog with her pose  Laughing Her colouring is actually not flat black but more of a black shaded brown. Very adorable.

I decided to name Feyra after one of my stories' characters. She reflects her childhood character.
Now a little bit more about Feyra:
Feyra, sometimes called simply Fay by her friends and family, is an energetic and playful little filly. She loves to run around the territories with her family and friends. Feyra looks up to her family and wants to be such a god princess as her mother. She is always kind and friendly to everyone around her and especially likes to encourage her little cousin Fortuna to play with her.

And here is this family together. I just think that the adults look like they were made for each other. They have a somewhat similar style and even came out in the same year.

That's it for today. More to come soon.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 8:02 pm

Gorgeous Friesians there, I haven't got any, but now I'm swayed towards getting some!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 8:19 pm

Thank you!
I can definitely recommend all of the models here. Friesians are just wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 6:29 pm

Here comes the next part of the family. Today I will present four more members to you.

13667 Friesian stallion

Here we have the black Friesian stallion moulded in 2009 and released in 2010. My model was made in Germany. He is so handsome I love you I absolutely love him! He is the one who took Phoenix's number one spot and is now my favourite stallion in my collection. I love his pose, how they made his mane and tail, he looks awesome! He is not flat black coloured but is more of a brown tone shaded black. The only thing I was a little bit surprised about was his size. For some reason I expected him to be slightly bigger. Otherwise he is a simply stunning model. He was one of the biggest grails of mine and I am endlessly grateful and happy that I finally have him in my collection. He came is the same lot as Freya and the Falabella mare.

I decided to call him Orpheus (Орфей) for no real reason. I just think it suits him.
Orpheus is a kind and gentle stallion. He is the second oldest of the Friesian brothers and doesn't come to well along with his father in law. But that doesn't stop him to love his one and only Fiona, his beloved wife. He loves to spend time with her and their yearling son. From time to time Orpheus competes in dressage. He's very proud that his wife has chosen a different type of horse sport and always supports her in anything she does. Orpheus is always friendly and polite to every creature in every kingdom and is looking forward to be reunited with his youngest brother again.

13749 Friesian mare

Here we have the black Friesian mare moulded in 2013 and released in 2014. Mine was made in China. I simply adore her I love you She is so pretty! I think that the red ribbons really suit her and I love how they made her feathers! She has a very nice mane and silver hooves. Her pose is also very nice and I like how they made her head. she is just like Orpheus not flat black but more of a dark brown tone.
Did you notice?
She has a detail on her face I have never noticed on any other horse model before. Little spots where the hair around a horse's muzzle grows. What a fun and unique detail!

This girl is my absolute favourite Friesian mare and my second favourite from all of my mares. She just has a certain charm to her I really like.

I decided to name her Fiona initially because of the princess in Shrek but then I noticed that I had a character in one of my stories that had the same name - and their characters nearly perfectly match. Horse Fiona is a little bit kinder than the proud lady. I looked up the meaning of this name some time ago and found out that one of the meanings is actually white Laughing Well, that fits both mare and woman perfectly...
Now a little bit more about Fiona:
Fiona is an energetic and kind young mare. She is somewhat rebellious but still knows how to manage her royal duties flawless. From time to time Fiona competes in Western disciplines which is quite unusual for a Friesian. But Fiona doesn't like dressage and has a lot of fun racing around the barrels or doing other fun stuff with the oldest human princess. Fiona loves her husband and son and argues with her father from time to time, as she is annoyed that he doesn't want to accept her husband properly. She is the third youngest foal and the second youngest princess and just as in the Hannoverian family she was the first one who became mother. Fiona looks up to her older siblings and parents and is always eager to help anyone in any kingdom. She is always friendly and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her youngest sister again.

Naming fun fact:
In my stories Feyra is actually Fiona's mother while in my horse collection Fiona is Feyra's aunt. While I like Feyra as my story character more than Fiona, in my model horse section I prefer my adult mare Fiona and decided that I would keep the names like that.

CollectA 88815 Friesian yearling

Here we have CollectA's black Friesian yearling released in 2018. Mine was made in China. CollectA has made this mold actually a filly but I have decided to have mine as a colt in my collection. They describe it as a foal officially but seeing it's size it's quite obvious that he is definitely already a year old. I love this figure and I really like his stance. He looks a little bit too "stylish" for a yearling, he was probably prepared for some kind of show. This model has even chestnuts! Which are unfortunately not painted though. His hooves look a little bit messy painted (a common problem with CollectA horses unfortunately) but otherwise he looks quite cute.

I decided to call him Ferum, which is Latin for Iron and a chemical element, because I thought it would suit him.
Ferum is a rather calm and patient yearling. He loves to be around his family and is looking up to them. From time to time he runs around the territories with his yearling friends. Ferum is quite responsible and wants to become such a good prince and show horse as his ancestors. He is always kind and polite to everyone around him and is looking forward to be reunited with his aunt and uncle again.

Here is Ferum with his yearling friends. It's kind of funny that both yearling colts are named after chemical elements. You can also see how small Cobalt is in comparison to the other yearlings.

Here we have the entire family together. This family had actually a major retcon. Before I got Orpheus, Fiona's husband was another Friesian stallion, that I will show later. But then I got the chance to get Orpheus and decided to change this family. They look wonderful together.

13622 Friesian filly

Here is the black Friesian foal moulded in 2006 and released in 2007. The mould is sculpted as a filly. Mine was made in Germany. I love this little foal  I love you She is endlessly adorable with her pose. It looks like she just managed to stand up on her long and wobbly legs. She even has a little beard and is not flat black but is more of a brown tone. What a cutie  I love you She was the last horse model of this lot but there were also two other animals I will show further.

I decided to call her Fortuna, which (if I am not mistaken) is the Roman goddess of fortune, luck. It does mean also "luck" in various languages. I just thought that it would be funny to name a black horse like that and I think that I was quite lucky to get her and her original family (which for some reason have all names from all sorts of mythology), so it definitely fits.
Fortuna is a rather shy little filly. She is the youngest of all her cousins and the only one who currently is waiting for her parents. All of her family members care for her but she nurses from Freya, her oldest aunt. Freya's family is also the one who looks after her the most. Fortuna prefers to stay close to her aunt's side but her other cousins (especially Feyra) try to encourage her to play with them and from time to time she follows them around the territories. The little filly is always kind and polite to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents again.

That's it for today. More to come soon.

Last edited by Katy Leven on Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 6:36 pm

The CollectA foal is my favourite of these, I just love his pose. I agree this trotting stallion is the best of Schleich's various version of the breed, I don't collect the brand now (only one mould of shetland and the donkeys!) but that's the one I'd choose.

Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 6:52 pm

Thank you George!
Yes the 2009 Friesian is very beautiful and CollectA's foal is also adorable.
I understand that you have made such a decision. The brand is not the same as it was years before. But it is slightly going up and next year's Friesian stallion looks quite good from what I've seen.
Which Shetland mould is it? The most recent one or the Gelding?
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 7:27 pm

Yeah, they've got some much better sculpting in the horse range lately (I really liked the recent Haflinger mare and foal, and the Noriker) so they're definitely on an upward trend after many years of downhill. If it wasn't for money and space issues, I'd probably have picked them back up and restarted collecting, selectively to pick out just the good moulds and ignore the wonky weird ones. But they've also got really, really expensive in my country for some reason, like more than double what they were a few years ago, so now CollectA and Mojo are both cheaper per model. And my shelf space is all totally filed to the point where I have models on every surface which'll hold them (I won't even say 'every flat surface' which is the usual phrase in an overspilling collection - I have them laying on towels, balanced on ends of hardback books, propped up on top of improvised crooked not-far-off-the-floor-shelving made of vases and photo albums, and tucked into any possible gap between other things.)
So yeah, if I didn't have to figure in cost and where I'm even going to PUT all these horses, there's quite a few of the most recent ones which are much more to my taste and would've been worth having!

I'm not sure if it's the most recent, this one :

I only have those two, but like I said other than donkeys that's the only Schleich I've bought for years now, they were just too cute to resist (I have a real shetland, so I have a weakness for models of them, hahah)

Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 7:45 pm

Ok shelf space is of course a good reason (and your current space situation sounds... critical?).
Shetlands are amazingly cute! I'm pretty sure that this one is the most recent and a mould I personally don't really appreciate for some reason (probably because of her braids, they are just not my cup of tea). Otherwise she is quite cute.
I might like donkeys even more than horses but I don't have too many models of them currently. I definitely would like to get more in the future!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 1:46 am

No surprise I think that there are so many friesian figures out there, such a dramatic breed, despite being (mostly) only black! Lovely, enormous family of them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am

Thank you Jill!
Friesians are simply lovely horses, just elegant warmbloods with the appearance of a draft horse! And as black is my favourite coat colour I definitely not mind having a *little* more of them in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 5:53 pm

Last part of the royal family.

70115 Dragon Knight King's horse

Here is the Dragon King's black stallion moulded in 2013 and released in 2014. Mine was made in China. This set was originally gifted to my brother but he let me have the horse, which I am super grateful about as this boy is simply stunning! I decided him to be a Frisian because of his coat colour and feathery "feet". His armour is nicely detailed and I especially like his "face shield". It looks like he is wearing a crown and that's why I decided to have him as the king of my equine kingdom. I really like him but I would have preferred if his armour could be removable. Otherwise he is very handsome and definitely has the prettiest tail out of all of my horses.

I decided to name him Fury after an old TV show with a black horse named like that.
Now a little bit more about his character:
Fury is the current king of the Equine kingdom and the oldest of his siblings. He is a wise regent and always tries to find the best path for his kingdom. Centuries ago the Equine kingdom and the Human kingdom had an agreement that the Equine king allows the Human king to ride him and so does Fury. Fury loves to spend time with his wife and their little filly and appreciates it when Lilac helps him with his duties. Apart from his family he also likes to spend his free time with his best friends Arthur and Hercules. Fury is kind and polite to everyone in every kingdom and is looking forward to be reunited with his little sister again.

13819 Lipizzaner mare

Here is the light grey (on black) Lipizzaner mare moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. Mine was made in China. This girl is actually my favourite mare of my collection. For some reason I just adore her. Her position is nice and I really like the way her mane is braided and her little tail net. The only thing I never understood is the different colouration of her mane and tail but I guess it was a decision to keep the contrast between mane and body and tail net and tail. Her horseshoes are some of the more detailed ones and look quite pretty. The figure is generally sculpted in a "rounder" shape and with filled udders so I guess that the sculptor intended to make a mare that has just given birth to her foal which is a nice detail.

I decided to call her Lilac because of the colour of her ribbons.
Now a little bit more about Lilac:
Lilac is the current queen of the Equine Kingdom and the younger Lipizzaner sister. She is a calm and friendly mare with a balanced character and is always looking for the best path for her kingdom. Apart from her duties Lilac loves to spend time with her husband and little filly just as her best friends Aurora and Helga. Formerly she competed in dressage but she left the sport to have more time for her family and duties. She is kind and polite to every creature in every kingdom and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents again.

13820 Lipizzaner foal

Here we have the black Lipizzaner foal moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. The mould is genderless and I keep it as a filly in my collection. Mine was made in China. I really like this mould. She has a nice fur texture and her colour is not flat black but more of a dark brown with subtle shading. Her star is neat and I like her pose. She looks quite determined that way.

I decided to name her Flora so that the name matches her mother's.
Flora is a calm and sweet little filly just as the future queen of the Equine Kingdom. She is rather shy and prefers to stay close to her mother. From time to time her cousins encourage her to play with them and together they gallop around the territories. Flora looks up to her ancestors and wants to become such a good show horse and queen as them. She is kind and polite to every creature and is looking forward to met the rest of her family someday.

Here is this little family together

And here are the king and queen with their friends. While the parents are practically inseparable, their foals don't care for each other.  

42457 Tournament Friesian stallion

Here we have the set exclusive black Friesian stallion moulded in 2018 and released in 2019 with a black and white tack set. Mine was made in China. He is not my favourite Friesian but I still like him quite a bit. As many others I would have loved if his tack could be removable. Another thing that bothers me is his hoof colour. It just seems to light to me. I am not bothered by the rubbery material he is made of though (I love my Bullylands so I am used to that).
Before I got Orpheus he was Fiona's husband and Ferum's dad. At first when I got him and Fiona I actually didn't like them together but I got used to it till Orpheus came around the corner...

I decided to call him Phantom because of his appearance. He just looks like a dark character to me.
Phantom is rather secretive and likes to keep to himself. He is a determined stallion and competes from time to time in dressage. Phantom loves to spend time with his wife and little filly of whom he is very proud. He is the second youngest of the Friesian brothers. Phantom stays mostly polite to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with his youngest brother again.

13737 Lipizzaner mare

Here we have the light grey (on black) Lipizzaner mare moulded in 2012 and released in 2013. Mine was made in China. I really like this mare. She looks so pretty and elegant with her wonderful mane braid and curly tail. Her pose is also quite nice and I like her hooves. She is just a very pretty girl and I adore the soft pinking on her muzzle I love you

I decided to call her Lea like princess Lea out of Star Wars because of her mane braid. Her show name is Lady Winter or simply Milady in honour of this purely evil woman in "The tree musketeers". Her character ressembles more the one of princess Lea.
Lea is a calm and friendly mare. She is the older Lipizzaner sister and has a strong bond with her little sister Lilac. Originally their parents wanted Lea to be married with Fury because of the smaller age gap. But that wasn't the plan of none of the three. Lea knew about her sister's feelings and in the same time fell in love with Phantom. In the end everyone of the family is happy with the current situation. Lea loves to spend time with her husband and little filly of whom she is very proud. Just as Phantom Lea competes in dressage and sometimes they do Pas de Deux together but more for fun then for a competition. Lea is kind and friendly to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents someday.

13738 Lipizzaner foal

Here we have the black Lipizzaner foal moulded in 2012 and released in 2013. The mould is gender less and I keep it as a filly in my collection. Mine was made in Germany. I really like her I love you  Her markings look really nice and I like her calm standing position. The only thing I don't like are her braids. I just think that they are a little bit too much for such a little foal. Otherwise she is a very sweet foal mould.

I decided to call her Legenda (legend in Russian, the "g" is pronounced like in "gear"). I don't really know why I called her like that but that's her name now.
Legenda is a calm and sweet filly. She is a little bit older than Flora and also a bit more outgoing than her. Legenda loves to gallop around the territories with her parents and friends. She looks up to her parents and wants to become such a good show horse as them. Legenda is friendly and polite to everyone in every kingdom and is looking forward to meet the rest of her family someday.

Here is this family together. The adults look just like they were made for each other. I remember when I noticed it and was kind of regretting that I didn't get Lea when she was still available. And when I got her I planned to give her another stallion as Phantom was still Fiona's stallion. So when Orpheus joined my collection they finally could be the couple they were always meant to be.

Now some group photos:
The Lipizzaner sisters together

The former regents with all their foals

The Friesian brothers together

All of my Friesian mares

All of my stallions

All of my foals

And finally all together again

That was the last horse family but I got two new horses recently so that's not all for the horses yet Wink .

Last edited by Katy Leven on Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 6:19 pm

The first Friesian mare and that black Knights horse is stunning!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 7:38 pm

Thank you!
They definitely are!
And a little fun pic I forgot to put in the original post:
Model horse Lea with a Lego Star Wars Lea
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 7:42 pm

She's so cute! ^^
I have a few human figurines too, gives me ideas for popping them in from time to time
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 8:50 pm

Thank you!
I have some Schleich humans as well that I will show at some point. Lego people do not count as members of this collection but I thought that it would be funny to see a comparison between a Lego figure and a Schleich horse, especially because the mare is named after that character.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 8:55 pm

She's cool, I have some Playmobil characters too but they don't really count here either
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 12:39 am

Splendid equine collection! I always liked the horses of the knights and fairies from Schleich too. But I only have a couple.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 12:14 pm

Brandubh94 wrote:
She's cool, I have some Playmobil characters too but they don't really count here either

We have also a small Playmobil collection but we stopped collecting it a few years ago. Our goal was to complete the dragon castle once and we got a little bit near it but our interests just splitted up into Lego (and "relatives") and Schleich (and "relatives").
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 12:20 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Splendid equine collection! I always liked the horses of the knights and fairies from Schleich too. But I only have a couple.

Thank you!
The knight and fairy horses look at times even better than their regular ones. If their armour could be removable they would be even cooler! I also have only a few and because of the tack/armour I try to limit myself in this area. Some of them have just to much of it for my taste and are also retired and expensive to get. But there are still some fairy horses on my wishlist and I really hope that someday they will join my collection.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 2:58 pm

Today I will show the latest additions to my horse collection to you.

72183 Pura Raza Española stallion

Here is the exclusive buckskin PRE stallion moulded in 2020 and released in 2022. Mine was made in Tunisia. This is my first 2021 horse mould... I am really behind on them but we're getting there.
He looks magnificent! I know that the horse experts say that the way he holds his head is unnatural but I can't help myself not loving this pose. He just looks like a dressage horse that way and also quite determined and elegant. I probably like his original colouring a little bit better but I do like him in this buckskin colouring quite a bit as well. His coat is not shaded at all but because of the high contrast between his coat and his black legs, mane and tail it is not as visible as on other models. Another reason why I love this mould is probably his long, curly and voluminous tail, just like the tail of an Andalusian should be. His tail and flowing mane look simply awesome. Such a handsome boy  I love you

I decided to name mine Raúl because he kind of reminds me of Raúl out of the second part of  "The Three Musketeers" just as a little bit of a character out of one of my stories that is named like that.
Raúl is a calm and gentle young stallion. He is Anna's twin brother and has therefore a strong bond to her. From time to time he competes in dressage. He loves to spend time with his sister and his niece and is Anna's only sibling that comes well along with her husband. Raúl is kind and polite to every creature and is looking forward to be reunited with his wife and the rest of his family again.

Here he is with his twin sister Anna. In my story with Raúl, Anna is also related to him but not in this constellation.

And here is the entire Andalusian family for now

70467 Sanjeela's horse

Here is the chestnut going grey Sanjeela's mare moulded in 2012 and released in 2013. Mine was made in China. Who spotted the mare's original mould? It is the 2011/2012 Tennessee Walker mare with a slightly remodeled mane, tail and the "tack" attached to her and I kept the breed for this model. The original one is one of my personal grails as for some reason I really adore this mould, much more than the new mare. I've seen this Bayala set on Amazon for quite some time now but never had the chance to buy it. So happy that she is finally a part of my collection!
I really like her in this colouring. She has some nice and soft shading all over her body just as on her mane and tail. At first I was a little bit uncertain about her coat colour but after looking at her a little longer I thought that a chestnut going grey is probably the closest option. Apart from her colouring I also like the little braid she has in her tail. Normally I am not really a fan of tail braids but hers looks pretty realistic and doesn't disturb. The "accessories" that are attached to her don't bother me either as she has no bridle on and it doesn't cover her body too much. A very lovely lady.

I decided to call her Derena because she is practically a perfect Dera in horse form, a character out of one of my stories.
Derena, simply called Dera by most creatures, is a somewhat elderly mare. She is always friendly and polite to everyone but remains still rather mysterious. It is murmured that she is in possession of magical powers but Dera won't give a clear answer to that question. Dera has a strong bond with the elf Sanjeela and loves to carry her around the territories. Most of her time she spends with other mythical creatures and she is looking forward to be reunited with her husband again.

Dera already has some family members in my collection but they will be shown further...

This was the last horse post for now. Next up will be my other equines and in the following I will be showing you also my brother's figures as they are part of some of my families.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 3:14 pm

You have the buckskin Pura Raza stallion?! He's absolutely top-notch! I have the black version and think the mold is awesome. I also have the rest of the family that are with him (the Andalusians?) Except the foal .
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 3:36 pm

Thank you!
He is simply stunning! I was a little bit worried that I would not be able to get him as Schleich put him of their website pretty quickly. But then he came up on Amazon and I got him though a little bit overpriced but still in the range that I was willing to pay.
I would love to have the original one (black horses are my favourites after all) someday as well.
PRE horses are Andalusians and Anna is also listed in my collection as an PRE mare as she is a "purebred" Andalusian.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 6:31 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 6:59 pm

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 6:18 pm

Today I will show you all of my other equines.

First up - the donkeys

We have currently three donkeys in our collection. The mare and one foal belong to me, the other foal belongs to my brother. None of theses have names yet unfortunately but I am thinking about naming the mare Alfalfa.

13772 Donkey

Here is Schleich's donkey mare moulded in 2014 and released in 2015. Mine was made in Vietnam. I quite like this little mare. She looks cute and kind of funny with her pose. Before I got her, she didn't appeal to me that much but now she found her place in my heart. I especially like her fur texture, that makes her look fluffy and I was quite surprised to find out that she was sculpted as an actual mare and not simply gender less.

13746 Donkey foal(s)

Here are Schleich's donkey foals moulded in 2013 and released in 2014. The mould is gender less and we decided to have both of them as colts in our collection. Both were made in China. This mould is really sweet I love you I love the way he holds his head. Mine is the one who has more white around his muzzle. Both of them came out of sets. Mine is out of the set 41423 "Feeding on the Farm" (released in 2016) while my brother's is out of the 2019 Farm World advent calendar. Two cute little rascals.

And here is another family pic. I hope to get a father for them at some point.

My little Zebra trio

They were probably one of my first complete families.

14391 Zebra stallion

Here we have the Plains Zebra stallion moulded in 2008 and released n 2009. Mine was made in China. This is (together with his foal) my first ever Schleich model! I got him and his foal (and two other figures out of another section) on my first school day. So they are quite old already and it's also visible as they are not in the best condition anymore. But I love them really much! The stallion looks really proud with his stance. I like his pose and the way they did his stripes.

His name is Michael and it was my brother who named him.
Michael is a stubborn but mostly friendly Zebra stallion. He doesn't like to communicate with the horses and doesn't really see himself being part of their kingdom. Most of his time Michael spends with his wife and little colt. Michael is mostly polite to all around him.

14609 Zebra grazing

Here is the grazing Plains Zebra mare moulded in 2009 and released in 2010. Mine was made in China. She is officially a grazing model but I always called her the drinking Zebra because I got her out of the 42321 "Large Adventure Water Pit". She looks very sweet. I especially like the little spot on her ear that looks like a little heart.

Her name is Mara and it was also given by my brother probably after Mara Jade Skywalker out of Star Wars.
Mara is a very calm Zebra mare. Most of the time she stays near the water hole with her husband and little colt. Just like her husband she doesn't really trust the horses and doesn't see herself as a part of their kingdom. Mara is always friendly and polite to every creature.

14393 Zebra foal

Here we have the Plains Zebra foal moulded in 2008 and released in 2009. The mould is gender less and I have it as a colt in my collection. Mine was made in China. He came with his father on my first school day. I really adore him. He looks so innocent and cute, just very adorable.

I decided to call him Marty because I loved the Madagascar movie as kid very much.
Marty is a timid little Zebra colt. He is rather shy and prefers to stay close to his mother. Most of the time he plays with the donkey foals or some more timid horse foals. Marty is always kind and polite to everyone around him.

And another family pic

That were all of my other equines. Next up will be my pachyderms.

Last edited by Katy Leven on Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy's little but actively growing collection
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next