Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures

Go down 
+29
Shanti
spacelab
aschuck
Taos
NightLioness
George
MartinH
widukind
endogenylove
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
spielgerg
Caracal
Katy Leven
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
Stripedhyena
Kikimalou
VASILIS
WhiteLightning Wolf
Megaptera
Tupolew Tu-154
Joliezac
MansoBoricua
Roger
molla.nasreddin
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Froggie
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 9:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm still with Safari ltd clouded leopard.
Papo doesn't make its face close to reality
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 9:37 am

Collecta turkey is much better.
I won't buy new Papo turkey.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 9:47 am

Seeing these comparison pictures, the papo clouded leopard is far more realistic but it is difficult to compare the faces when one is not "de face" (a front view) but shown on its side!

Thank you for sharing molla.nasredding! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 10:06 am

Very useful pictures, Kostas! :)
The figures are really good, and the French names are generally clear about the species, even if the English translation is sometimes vague. The French name for the red-eared slider is Tortue de Floride, but the literal translation is probably meaningless. Also, Christophe was completely right about the frog; the English name is again generic, but the French name indicates clearly a Phantasmal poison frog and a very beautiful one, maybe the nicest of the Papo frogs. I hope the Caiman is a spectacled caiman; I'm starting to like it, and the legs, for example, have much better proportions than the Safari black caiman. The Iguana is obviously a green iguana; it looks great in this clearer photo and is certainly much smaller than the spectacular CollecTA's model. Another confusing translation is about the horned owl. The French name refers to the Eurasian eagle owl (Bubo bubo), while the English name is Great Horned Owl (Bubo virginianus). The short ear tufts and the lack of a pronounced facial disk show clearly that the French name is the right one. I'm truly convinced the clouded leopard was recycled from the project to replace the retired Papo leopard. However, if the figure is small for a leopard, my conjecture makes no sense. Marmoset and Capuchin are fine. Two very unexpected choices for Papo. The scarlet ibis is fabulous, as well as the Guinea fowl. Everything is fantastic; I'd say the weakest ones are the felines, not saying they're bad, but look at how Papo has changed!

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 11:49 am

Caracal wrote:
Seeing these comparison pictures, the papo clouded leopard is far more realistic but it is difficult to compare the faces when one is not "de face" (a front view) but shown on its side!

Thank you for sharing molla.nasredding! Very Happy

+1
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 2:56 pm

Thank you for the images! These all look amazing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 3:12 pm

My choices are set this year, I think:

1. spectacled caiman [replaces Kaiyodo figure]
2. porcupine [will use as an African crested porcupine]
3. scarlet ibis
4. common marmoset [replaces Safari TOOB figure]
5. Guinea fowl
6. White-faced capuchin [replaces NECA figure]

this is the first year in a while I will be getting less than 10 Papo figures, but that's OK. I would like a quieter year from time to time
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 3:20 pm

I pretty much want everything except the moose cow, sheep, turkey, and lion Embarassed But knowing me I could certainly change my mind! Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 3:55 pm

Thanks again Kostas for these pictures.I still think proportionally that the Clouded Leopard is too leggy even when you compare it with the lion on the same page.It is quite nice pose though.Sill liking the peacock,sheep,monkeys,guinea fowl and possibly the RMG and the Musk Ox.

molla.nasreddin

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 5:59 pm

Papo 2024 White peacock
Papo 2024 Valais blacknose sheep
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 8:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you for the bigger pictures. Do you have them for all figures?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 8:47 am

Ladies and gentlemen, dear friends, there is already a topic about Papo 2024 news. Opening a second one isn't a drama but this creates unnecessary confusion. So I'm going to merge the two topics and add the photos to the first post, as we do every year. Thank you for your understanding Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 9:12 am

The white peacock is fantastic. And without a wheel, like usual.

molla.nasreddin

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 10:02 am

Papo 2024 Guinea Fowl
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 10:13 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

yes, here are the rest:

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 10:27 am

spacelab wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

yes, here are the rest:

Added to the first post Very Happy Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 10:46 am

Papo 2024 African Lion
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 12:21 pm

At last a beautiful lion from Papo! That was missing since the old 50019 one! About the clouded leopard, I hope pictures more but it does not seem to be a changeover leopard try like wrote Rogério, its longer muzzle and more pronounced cut between this latter and the fore-head are the clouded leopard's ones. No feline decline for me, I am almost as excited as when I discovered The ocelot on Papo catalog!.. but my dream would be a caracal from Papo..   :)

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 2:14 pm

Caracal wrote:
At last a beautiful lion from Papo! That was missing since the old 50019 one! About the clouded leopard, I hope pictures more but it does not seem to be a changeover leopard try like wrote Rogério, its longer muzzle and more pronounced cut between this latter and the fore-head are the clouded leopard ones. No feline decline for me, I am almost as excited as when I discovered The ocelot on Papo catalog!.. but my dream would be a caracal from Papo..   :)

Interesting, I'm not that excited about the lion yet although it is far from being a bad figure. I understand what you mean, the clouded leopard head does not work for an African leopard which has an almost square head. Though, I was refering to the general proportions, a massive body, apparently the arms are too long and the shoulder area very robuste. Clouded leopards have robuste hind quarters but the front legs are usually short and not so muscular. With the exception of the head, which is still hard to see for me, it shows me the geommetry of an African leopard but I hope I'm wrong and those figures turn to be very good. At least, it doesn't have a toy looking, looks more like a resin sculpt and I like it.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 7:29 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

3. scarlet ibis
5. Guinea fowl

this is the first year in a while I will be getting less than 10 Papo figures, but that's OK. I would like a quieter year from time to time

And i bought for the whie-faced capuchin the NECA figure now. Are you sure with the marmoset?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 11:20 pm

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

3. scarlet ibis
5. Guinea fowl

And i bought for the whie-faced capuchin the NECA figure now. Are you sure with the marmoset?

Do you mean am I sure about the ID? Yes. The higher-res pics clearly show white lateral facial tufts (another species is similar but the tufts would be black).
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 11:31 pm

What can I say about Papo season 2024?

There are a few animals that will be very difficult to compare with models from other brands.
The Phantasmal poison frog (Epipedobates tricolor) has so far only been produced by Club Earth and Yowies USA, and I already know that this frog has earned its place in my collection.
The same goes for the Scarlet ibis that Club Earth and Safari Ltd have offered in toobs. For me, the Papo is now a must-have.
As for the Guinea fowl, it seems to me that this is a first in the modern era. It looks superb and is of course on my wantlist, I even hope that it will inspire other brands to get involved.     Wink

I've been waiting a while for a nice Caiman that's bigger than the Play Visions and the Kaiyodo.
As I'm already a fan of the three crocs made by the French brand, I've got high hopes for this one.

The Panamanian white-faced capuchin and common marmoset will be very welcome too.

Crested porcupines aren't a dime a dozen in the toy world and I hope Papo is up to the challenge.

After Schleich and CollectA in 2022, I'm curious to see Papo's interpretation of the Green iguana. I bought the CollectA last year and if the Papo is a different size I'll be tempted.

Like Alain, I'm a bit taken with the Leopard Clouded, although I'm waiting for more photos before making a decision.

As for the two owls, the Rocky Mountain goat, the Tortoise and the Muskox, the models look pretty good but they're not my priority.

And then there's the lion, I've got a soft spot for Papo lions, they're beautifully crafted and I really like their strong personality, which gives them a vintage feel that I love. I already have far too many lions at home, I'd have to resist, but macaques aren't really good at that. monkey Palmface

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

3. scarlet ibis
5. Guinea fowl

Do you mean am I sure about the ID? Yes. The higher-res pics clearly show white lateral facial tufts (another species is similar but the tufts would be black).

I agree for the common marmoset identification
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 2:20 am

Thank you for the other big pictures. ^^

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:30 am

Some promising news by Papo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 11:30 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

3. scarlet ibis
5. Guinea fowl

I am sorry, i dont recognized the closer pics with the names.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures   Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2024 Releases, complete list with pictures
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next