Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 5:40 am

Today I was very delighted to see the first Papo 2024 arrive at the store! The musk ox, white peacock, red-eared slider, and snowy owl came in, so of course I got the 4 Laughing

Here is a walkaround of the musk ox!

Figure measures 12.5 cm long and a shoulder height of 7.5 cm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was very pleased with this musk ox by Papo! It certainly has their traditional style and is well painted and sculpted. The size is very nice too and in the photos below you can see it compares very nicely with Schleich & CollectA. A very robust figure fit to represent the real animal.

Here are comparisons with other musk ox:

CollectA:

Safari:

Toymany:

Schleich:

Group photos

Then with some other Papo polar animals: The arctic fox, wolf, and hare  Very Happy

Although the CollectA may still be my favorite, I really love the new Papo. I think it groups best with CollectA and Schleich. A great model from Papo and a great way to start the 2024 figures! My only wish is that I could get them sooner Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 8:46 am

Thanks for this walkaround Jolie!
This Papo is very interesting indeed. I still think I prefer the CollectA, even though it's not as strong as the Papo.  It intrigued me a bit and after a little tour on the web, I found enough representatives of both styles. I agree, they make a nice trio with the Schleich.

By the way could yoou tell me if teh Papo Arctic wolf is bigger than the Safari Ltd, in fact could you measure his height at the withers and his head+body lenght?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 9:33 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 10:16 am

This is one of those species I use to not resist to get multiple figures. Especially when they are all great but this time I'm resisting and I only have the Schleich plus the twin Maia & Borges versions. I like the Papo model but, with so many other figures to get, I will probably avoid it. It is good to know your favorite is the CollectA model. It is one I've being considering.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 2:50 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thanks for this walkaround Jolie!
This Papo is very interesting indeed. I still think I prefer the CollectA, even though it's not as strong as the Papo.  It intrigued me a bit and after a little tour on the web, I found enough representatives of both styles. I agree, they make a nice trio with the Schleich.

By the way could yoou tell me if teh Papo Arctic wolf is bigger than the Safari Ltd, in fact could you measure his height at the withers and his head+body lenght?

The Papo wolf is slightly larger. Here is a photo from one of my Toymany walkarounds. shoulder height is 5.5 cm, full body length 9 cm

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Sep 10, 2024 3:54 pm

Very nice looking Musk ox! I do not own any Musk ox but I think my favorite would be the one by Safari too! And now we need a winter with some snow for more beautiful pictures taken by Jolie! bounce bounce cheers cheers
What I don't like is the varying scale within the animals by Papo (and other brands). The wolf and the fox are way too large compared to the musk ox is the ox to small? scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2024 Papo Musk Ox Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1