Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+2
Nasreddin
Joliezac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 6:14 am

Here is Papo's new 2024 snowy owl! I love collecting owls so this figure was a must for me!

Wingspan measures 10.5 cm, 6 cm tall

This figure definitely has the Papo style to it. Very nicely painted and the details are pristine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The figure was smaller than I imagined it to be but still a nice model. I was happy to see one with open wings. Most snowy owl figures have their wings closed. Not my favorite snowy owl but a nice figure nonetheless. I prefer Toymany's snowy owl in flight and Kaiyodo's.

With the old Papo

With Toymany

With my original favorites by Safari & Schleich

Bullyland, Kaiyodo, Safari, Mojo

Kaiyodo, Eikoh, Naturalism

Big group photo!

Then the Papo barn owl, Naturalism little owl & burrowing owl, Naturalism great grey owl

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Nasreddin

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 6:57 am

Excellent Comparison 😍👏
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 8:24 am

Thank you Jolie for this nice walkaround. Very Happy

At last Papo made a snowy owl and not a repainted Barn owl. It is a good job even if, as you, it is not my favourite so far.
I used to have a lot of snowy owls in the past but now I stay with the flying Kaiyodo and the Schleich.

Your comparative photos are very interesting. I'm blown away by the quality of the ToyMany. That's just the thing, I've been waiting for one!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 9:25 am

Great review and comparisons. This is not in my wish list because I favour figures with tucked wings and I am already served. Though, it doesn't mean this figure is not good, it is and it is more recognizable than the previous Papo model which looks more like a barn owl with white polder. Papo figures tend to get smaller, it is quite evident in this model and I understand because the open wings could turn the model extremely large. The design style reminds me the Canada goose, maybe the same artist. I like the way it is painted, a richly spotted female. I'm truly impressed with the amount of snowy owls in your collection. Shocked Wink

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 11:16 am

Based on the pattern of dots on the back feathers, it appears that the new snowy owl is likely a female, while the previous owl was likely a male.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 5:40 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 5:55 pm

Congratulations for this presentation, and this turn-around. My first opinion has not changed this owl will not be in my collection, I do not like this painting it seems strange to me! On the other hand the owl of toysmany is of very good quality, I must find it solo!

Very Happy Applause cheers Applause bounce drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 8:15 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Congratulations for this presentation, and this turn-around. My first opinion has not changed this owl will not be in my collection, I do not like this painting it seems strange to me! On the other hand the owl of toysmany is of very good quality, I must find it solo!

Very Happy Applause cheers Applause bounce drunken

I agree this Papo figure is stylized. I highly recommend the Toymany! I don’t know if they ship to France but you can buy all their figures individually on their website.

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2024 Papo Snowy Owl Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1