Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+3
Kikimalou
lucky luke
Joliezac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 05:48

I was very excited to add the first 2024 Papo figures in my collection today! I got the musk ox, snowy owl, peacock, and red-eared slider.

Here I am happy to present the red-eared slider!

Measures 6 cm long and 2 cm high

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Out of the 4 new Papo I got, this one is by far my favorite! This really surprised me. I like turtles, but I've always been much more fascinated with sea turtles, lizards, frogs/toads. However, this figure blew me away! I was actually shocked when I flipped it over and saw the underside of the shell. This model is so well done and painted, it looks like a Kitan Club model. I'm in love with this new little turtle and I can't wait to take photos of it outdoors and add it to my Florida display. Even if you aren't a fan of reptile figures, I really recommend this mode. It is a work of art!

My collection is sorely lacking in non sea turtles, so I really only have Toob-sized turtles to compare it with. Here is the Florida softshell turtle from Safari's Everglades toob

A group photos with some other animals in the area: Schleich bullfrog, Safari anhinga, & Papo raccoon

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 08:35

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 08:52

This turtle is magnificent, Papo has done it again, it was worth the wait.
Papo sometimes has the elegance to combine plastic beauty, realism and a certain level of personality. This is the case here, I'm captivated.
Once again I'm boring you with my questions: how long is the lenght of the shell?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 09:32

Beautieful figure, now on my wishlist

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 09:57

Isn't it what we've always asked for? Major brand figures with the same quality as the best Japanese models? I'm quite impressed, I used a few pictures to test some AI tools and they got confused about it being a real animal or a plastic figure. It was also easy for them to identify the species. I was not supposed to put a turtle in my wish list but now I have no doubts I want it so much. Thanks for your excellent topic.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 12:12

Roger wrote:
Isn't it what we've always asked for? Major brand figures with the same quality as the best Japanese models? I'm quite impressed, I used a few pictures to test some AI tools and they got confused about it being a real animal or a plastic figure. It was also easy for them to identify the species. I was not supposed to put a turtle in my wish list but now I have no doubts I want it so much. Thanks for your excellent topic.

Except if you like bigger models like the old Safari Ltd, I think this Papo is the one to have now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 14:45

Kikimalou wrote:
This turtle is magnificent, Papo has done it again, it was worth the wait.
Papo sometimes has the elegance to combine plastic beauty, realism and a certain level of personality. This is the case here, I'm captivated.
Once again I'm boring you with my questions: how long is the lenght of the shell?

I agree!

The shell length is 4.5 cm

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat 31 Aug 2024, 20:25

Thank you Jolie, so it should be a nice one with a 18cm carapace length at 1/4. Can’t wait for mine !
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun 01 Sep 2024, 14:35

Wonderful model. I'm very proud to have one in my collection already cheers
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue 10 Sep 2024, 15:49

What a handsome turtle! So realistic! You could place it in a pond and everyone passing would think it is a living turtle! Awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2024 Papo Red-Eared Slider Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1