Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!

Go down 
+50
Arrakai
SeanieP
Rio
WILLYBACOMAN
pm64
Defteros
alexmotoc
Cyhyraeth
MartinH
Kristie
jarda
ezhilan
ze_neto
pawprintzinsnow
landrover
dlfrogman
Philter4
Deseo
Gabe
Harry
Andy DC
widukind
Suebeedo
orcagirl26
Arnaud
LUkaPerry939
Lasersword1973
Kiryuha
Vivien
Tupolew Tu-154
SUSANNE
SommoDracorex
Wildheart
Joan Milelire
SyLoBe
Mastiffcat
Silver Unicornis
Ana
skysthelimit
ken yeo
lucky luke
Kikimalou
STORMnl
smithyboy
Roger
Tyler Loew
MARTINLATIN
Sergey
HKHollinstone
baltimore zoo
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Roger wrote:
Luca, thanks for posting but Harriet already posted this document somewhere in this topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is not the new catalogue but a document with 2012 releases! :)

...Yes, yes this is not catalogue I hope. This is exactly a "document" with 2012 releases (by russian distributors Wink ). Because it is not complete and there are absent here MY LOVELY ANIMAL-WARRIORS!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:07 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Hey forum friends, so I just woke up from a really bad nightmare. I dreamed that I had waited a whole year for my favorite new Papo wildlife series, and all they made were a caribou, bighorn sheep, oryx, wild boar(sow) and some other horrible creatures(Zebra/horse hybrid?, white repaints of a young lion & crocs, kung-fu baby pandas)...
But wait, Oh my gosh, I guess I wasn't dreaming...AAAAAGGHHHH !!!!!! HHHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP!

lol! lol!
I like the new cows and dogs, though Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:08 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:
Hey forum friends, so I just woke up from a really bad nightmare. I dreamed that I had waited a whole year for my favorite new Papo wildlife series, and all they made were a caribou, bighorn sheep, oryx, wild boar(sow) and some other horrible creatures(Zebra/horse hybrid?, white repaints of a young lion & crocs, kung-fu baby pandas)...
But wait, Oh my gosh, I guess I wasn't dreaming...AAAAAGGHHHH !!!!!! HHHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP!

lol! lol!
I like the new cows, though Wink

I am hoping more wild life will be introduced!! cheers cheers

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:48 pm

ken yeo wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:

lol! lol!
I like the new cows, though Wink

I am hoping more wild life will be introduced!! cheers cheers
me too...

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:15 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Mastiffcat wrote:

sorry, i have to disagree with you. i'm thrilled they made a Neo, but i think it's gawdawful: it's up on stilts, its barrel is too shallow and narrow, head's waaaaaay too small, skull's too narrow, head's just all wrong... Sad I wish i had been tempted by it. Sad .
Carolynn, in my eyes this is very young dog, not the World Winner, not with all typical features of Mastino but I like it anyway Very Happy
i've been looking at it more, and i don't hate it as much as i did at first, but i still say its skull is too small. i like that its face is relatively "dry" (not so heavily wrinkled) but there isn't enough bone there. if the head were 1/2 again as big, i think i'd be okay with it.
how old do you imagine it to be? it's not a puppy, but it's not a "teenager" either, as when Neos go through the lanky stage, they tend to grow into their skin for a bit so it's not so saggy, then their skin catches up and they get all saggy again.

i miss my Neo. Sad

more i look at it, the more i like the caribou. such a pity about the antlers.

Last edited by Mastiffcat on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:33 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
..., just not into "hoof stock" (antelopes, sheep, deer although love zebras and giraffes!), nothing against them, but they just don't "turn me on" like a big cat, pachyderms(elephants, rhino, hippos), great apes/monkeys, bears, and crocodilians/Komodo dragons. Just the way it is for me. I'll never understand the "love affair" of antelopes,sheep, & deer. I know and respect that it's to each his/her own.
lol! so true, about different tastes! i admire and love all the animals you list, but rhino is the only one i ever am tempted to have in my collection.
that's part of what's so fun about this board: we can see and enjoy every kind of animal figure without having to buy them all.

hmmm, i'd not list elephants among my favorite animals, but now i think of it, i have elephants all over my house. scratch

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Philter4 wrote:
Mouflon have at least 6 different color patterns and only a few are patterned well. My favorite is the Marco Polo sheep, it has the white saddle. The horns are wrong as well, at least if it is supposed to be a full grown ram, they need to spiral more completely.
to me it looks like a young animal, but the spiral still isn't tight enough, is it?
if those horns got really long, they'd be sticking way out the side, with that wide spiral.
but even if it's not 100% accurate, i still like it a lot.

one thing Papo gets points for, is they paint horizontal pupils!

bull terrier looks nice, but can't really tell from the photo. i think it's sweet that they made the Lab an older dog. its head isn't great, but it's clearly a well loved pet, not some show dog.

i think the best figure in the entire catalog is Emperor Napoleon. that's an impressive figure!

Andy DC

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:55 pm

It's not too bad in ym view.

New brachiosaurus is amazing, skin folds/colour and posture look great, will have to buy it next year! Mammoth calves look cartoonish like the ones from Ice Age 2, very cute though! Love the new T-rex will aquire him eventually, the baby I can do without!
The dogs are very good, the old black dog and Neo are amazing!
Reindeer is ok, but the mouflon doesn't interest me.
Love the new white lion, will fit in with the schleich figures perfectly size-wise. Oryx is nice, a little skinny to me and the zorse is not great, a quagga would have been better. Love the white crocodiles and new babies, nice additions. Surprised they're releaseing the two panda cubs as seperate ones now.

AND WHAT?????? confused confused NO SEALIFE
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:02 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Another big and older brand that is dis-appointing me for the next year... Crying or Very sad
Harriets oryx is much better, and next to that, the Papo model seems toyish and cheap, but i guess, we all buy it, because of the lack of good antelopes, they can't be enough... Laughing

Yes, Papo oryx looks much worse than Harriet's antelope Rolling Eyes . But I wonder if Papo sculptors seen works of Harriet and was inspired by it? scratch In my opinion they would do better if they contact Harriet and ask if they could buy prototype of oryx for their line. That would be better for both: the quality of Papo product and for collectors... cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Carolynn,
First of all(Being an AKC mastiff breed standard expert, aside from some of the physical mistakes you pointed out), to me, the Neo figure does not look like a "show quality" version of the Neo's we see at shows here(Since European dog standards/breed type are different than AKC).
Secondly, if you own mastiffs, (Don't know how many you own) with their "large size" are kind of the "pachyderms" of the dog world : ) So it's only fitting you have elephants all over the house and like collecting rhinos as well : )

I hope and pray that this is not the full Papo catalogue and that there may be more wildlife figures to come!
BECAUSE I'LL BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IF THESE ARE IT !

Perhaps,(Besides some our wonderful custom figure makers on this forum) the artists/designers should look at that gentlemen who made all those custom big cats for inspiration...
If Papo had made an assortment like that I'd be jumping for joy!
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:42 pm

I recently found some wildlife fact file cards on Ebay and was looking thru them today and found the Mouflon one. I had no idea they were so small

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:47 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Carolynn,
First of all(Being an AKC mastiff breed standard expert, aside from some of the physical mistakes you pointed out), to me, the Neo figure does not look like a "show quality" version of the Neo's we see at shows here(Since European dog standards/breed type are different than AKC).
first, i must disclaim any standing as an expert! that said, actually, i think it's not great according to the Italian Society's standard, which would be my guide. (Frankly, i think AKC recognition can be a kiss of death for a breed, so we'll see how things shake out here.) Again, i think the skull just doesn't have sufficient breadth. The heads on these things are huge! To me, it's like putting a normal cow sized head on a bison. It just looks goofy to me.

one point i do like very much about the Neo is that it has decently sized hind quarters. you see way too many mastiffs where so much emphasis is put on the head that the rear end is ignored and the animal ends up looking completely unbalanced, or worse, crippled.
there was a dog early in English Mastiff breeding that had such an in demand head that he was used extensively at stud, regardless of the fact that he was unsound. Screwed up English Mastiffs for generations.
and then there's my dog: April has a near perfect skull and face. Judged on head alone, she'd be a brilliant show dog. Too bad that everything after her magnum foramen is a disaster: her spine is screwed up in at least three different places, resulting in wobbler's syndrome a neurological condition where the animal doesn't have full control over the limbs. I watch her like a hawk to try to avoid any further damage, but April's life will probably be cut short because of this condition, and she is lucky: one of her litter mates was already completely crippled by 6 months and had to be put down. but the "breeder" didn't care: all he cared about was he wasn't able to sell these puppies. But did that stop him from breeding his bitch dog who clearly has no business being bred? Nope. as long as he can sell "AKC" puppies for a lot of money to ignorant people, so what if some of them suffer.

There's a special place in hell for puppy millers.

Quote :

Secondly, if you own mastiffs, (Don't know how many you own) with their "large size" are kind of the "pachyderms" of the dog world : ) So it's only fitting you have elephants all over the house and like collecting rhinos as well : )
lol!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:38 am

I think the gemsbok is not looking very good because it was a project of a sable antelope and as soon as they got how many sables were released this year they changed it immediatly to a gemsbok! Laughing
Seriously, I continue thinking that the oryx is very interesting, it remembers in fact the Harriet project and I cannot judge only using a picture but from this angle no doubt Harriet's is better! I don't know if Papo got again inspiration in Lineol figures but the mouflon and oryx are in similar poses but far from copies! :)
Both are in my wish list, maybe the only for next year, I'm not still sure what is not a impressive amount of figures to my collection! I really hope those are not the only releases from Papo to 2012.
I'm glad the oryx is a male! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:47 am

... I love this new Papo oryx... I love his pose and coloring :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Sergey wrote:

PS And where is my lovely ANIMAL-WARRIORS!!!!???? Sad Sad Sad Sad
For our friend Sergey Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:46 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Sergey wrote:

Hmmm, it looks Sergey will make some holidays from our forum! :) Poor warriors sculptor! affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Roger wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Sergey wrote:

Hmmm, it looks Sergey will make some holidays from our forum! :) Poor warriors sculptor! affraid affraid

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Thank you Robert and Rogerio!!! Спасибо! lol!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:58 pm

It was Robert, not me! Laughing
I hope to see you back very soon, we need you here! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Crying or Very sad Sad pale ... are you still there, Sergey? affraid Wink
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:22 am

Wow a warrior zebra! haha Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:48 am

ana wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Another big and older brand that is dis-appointing me for the next year... Crying or Very sad
Harriets oryx is much better, and next to that, the Papo model seems toyish and cheap, but i guess, we all buy it, because of the lack of good antelopes, they can't be enough... Laughing

Yes, Papo oryx looks much worse than Harriet's antelope Rolling Eyes . But I wonder if Papo sculptors seen works of Harriet and was inspired by it? scratch In my opinion they would do better if they contact Harriet and ask if they could buy prototype of oryx for their line. That would be better for both: the quality of Papo product and for collectors... cyclops

That is my opinion to Ana! cheers

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:16 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
ana wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

A big disappointment in 2012!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:30 pm

I also would loved to see Harriet working in a brand. Mainly Mojo or Safari, two brands that the magnificent sense of realism of the animals is respected. Papo is very artistic but not as accurate as our princess' works. Safari with their bad paintworks would win a lot with Harriet even probably they need to change their factory to be able of following Harriet's paintjobs with a decent quality! :)
For those that are not remembering, Mojo Fun will launch in 2012 the giraffes repainted by Harriet and certainly this work will be described in Mojo Fun catalogue! Harriet is still young and with an impressive evolution, mainly in sculpting and if working for a brand is in her horizons I'm sure it will happen soon or later and I'm sure the brand will win much more with their work then Harriet properly!
While it doesn't happens what we can do is to stimulate Harriet to continue making fantastic figures like the gemsbok and replicating to us. I'm sure if there are enough members interested it will justify the expensive process of making a mould.
With Harriet there's no nightmares or bad dreams, only a world where the animals are as beautiful as the Nature wants and not fantasied under the thoughts of a commercial decision. Hurray for Harriet! flower
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:39 pm

Roger wrote:
I also would loved to see Harriet working in a brand. Mainly Mojo or Safari, two brands that the magnificent sense of realism of the animals is respected. Papo is very artistic but not as accurate as our princess' works. Safari with their bad paintworks would win a lot with Harriet even probably they need to change their factory to be able of following Harriet's paintjobs with a decent quality! :)
For those that are not remembering, Mojo Fun will launch in 2012 the giraffes repainted by Harriet and certainly this work will be described in Mojo Fun catalogue! Harriet is still young and with an impressive evolution, mainly in sculpting and if working for a brand is in her horizons I'm sure it will happen soon or later and I'm sure the brand will win much more with their work then Harriet properly!
While it doesn't happens what we can do is to stimulate Harriet to continue making fantastic figures like the gemsbok and replicating to us. I'm sure if there are enough members interested it will justify the expensive process of making a mould.
With Harriet there's no nightmares or bad dreams, only a world where the animals are as beautiful as the Nature wants and not fantasied under the thoughts of a commercial decision. Hurray for Harriet! flower

Well said Roger Very Happy

The reason why I said about Papo was I had feeling that someone was strongly inspired by work of Harriet but did the work not as good as her. That's why I thought maybe they would do better talking to our Harriet first Rolling Eyes But we cannot be sure if such "inspiration" happened, it's just speculation. Maybe someone just chosen very similar pose for this antelope by accident.

About working for companies I'm very happy that we both had chance to work for the same brand and were "in Mojo team" in 2011 cheers That's great feeling to be in team with Harriet cheers But what is more funny we both kept it as a secret and didn't know about each other work until November Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:41 pm

[quote="lucky luke"]scratch scratch scratch Is it a joke or a mistake Lucky Luke drunken

I beg you to excuse me for this mistake! Embarassed
This is no joke my friends, where you just see it like that, but it shoed Grice teeth a few people ...
I will correct this unfortunate mistake on my part,
I had problems to reach this file because I'm a little rush before returning to work sorry
I have the excuse of having too much to celebrate these days, drunken drunken drunken
and I think it will only get worse,
Sorry Sorry I am confused cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol! Hariett Embarassed flower I love you[/quote
is ] HK Harriet a new brand?
Bienvenido el de Mexico !!!
Welcome the one from Mexico !!!
I love it, papo its rocking too, for 2012 jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:09 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
ana wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Yesssssss cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!   Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2012 ? PAPO 2012 !!!!!
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next