Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My SCHLEICH Collection

Go down 
+20
Ana
Roger
Suebeedo
Vivien
MARTINLATIN
HKHollinstone
schmidtchenschleich
pawprintzinsnow
WILLYBACOMAN
Lasersword1973
Mastiffcat
orcagirl26
landrover
saintgoku
widukind
Kristie
SUSANNE
Arnaud
ken yeo
schleich61
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Kristie wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
Thanks, Willy. The superpinto has been less expensive recently on auction, but it still costs a lot of money. Maybe you can find of bag of brand new ones at a flea market in Netherlands sometime. I don't really go to any here where I reside because they are all in the summer and I can't survive too long in 100 degrees F. heat (38 degrees C.). I do regularly visit antique shops, here and in San Francisco in the hope that I might "catch lightning in a bottle" and find something incredible, like a full set of WWF's... pirat

Was the superpinto variation ever available in USA shops? I wonder if I would ever be so lucky to find one by chance or will I have to buy one from overseas Ebay?

-Kristie

I have found older Schleich models online, like the Bendies, so we can only hope that there are "hidden treasure waiting to be found"...
I am sure you have seen that sometimes when one figure goes on ebay for a really high price all of a sudden many more come
"out of the woodwork" with those sellers hoping they can get on the High prices train, and do well. Those searching may come up with a good deal in the end. Wink

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks, Willy and Vivien... :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Kristie wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
Thanks, Willy. The superpinto has been less expensive recently on auction, but it still costs a lot of money. Maybe you can find of bag of brand new ones at a flea market in Netherlands sometime. I don't really go to any here where I reside because they are all in the summer and I can't survive too long in 100 degrees F. heat (38 degrees C.). I do regularly visit antique shops, here and in San Francisco in the hope that I might "catch lightning in a bottle" and find something incredible, like a full set of WWF's... pirat

Was the superpinto variation ever available in USA shops? I wonder if I would ever be so lucky to find one by chance or will I have to buy one from overseas Ebay?

-Kristie

Kristie, it is theoretically possible to find one, but you might have to turn over quite a few logs and stones to get one! If you really want one, you'll probably have to head over to eBay.de. I recently found one in nice condition for a very good price, but that was after waiting four years for the right auction. If I see some there, I will PM you here. You should probably figure to have to shell out 150 euros plus shipping as a bare minimum.
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:50 am

schleich61 wrote:

You should probably figure to have to shell out 150 euros plus shipping as a bare minimum.

Nevermind. Shocked

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:51 am

Kristie wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

You should probably figure to have to shell out 150 euros plus shipping as a bare minimum.

Nevermind. Shocked

-Kristie

I know what you mean Kristie ~ that can buy alot of the new 2012 figures can't it! Shocked drunken Wink

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:29 am

Some early human figurines:

13400 Farmer (1989-99) variant

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13401 Farmwife (1989-99) variant

13400 Farmer (1990) variant

13401 Farmwife (1990) variant

14070 Zookeeper (1991) variant

Back to top Go down
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Nice additions !! Congrats !!
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:42 am

Thank you, Arnaud.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:15 am

I lost this topic! Sleep
You have an impressive collection, mainly in the finantial perspective. There's nothing wrong in collecting in this way and I'm sure you love these figures full of character. What a Face
Maia & Borges is a Portuguese brand of toys, several kind of toys, they have a long colaboration with Schleich and sold some figures really under Schleich license. They also are responsible a little confidentially for the Portuguese painting versions of Schleich figures.
Much more important than it is that M&B had their own moulds, for example the dogs series and in 1998 2 otters, apuffin and a magellanic penguin. Those were made to a Portuguese Aquarium called Oceanário. They also wanted to make more new figures, like a reef shark, for example, but Schleich didn't liked the idea and they stopped these new projects about animal replicas to prevent that Schleich would not stop their colaboration in Portugal. M&B was going very well in Germany with other ranges of products but couldn't do nothing against a giant! affraid
Money is everything in this world and while Noah's ark is a symbol of the survival of the diversity, Schleich is known for annihilating brands of plastic repplicas. Wasn't Noah's pals as much as cute as Schleich? I love you
Well, I have absolutly nothing against Schleich, I understand brands should make the best to go well in the market but maybe too much insanity is not recomended.
I've read their goals for 2012, they only have finantial goals and the ambition of reaching the top 50 of toys brands. Next victims? Collectors, mainly those that makes everything to take and defeat the brand that they always collected and will collect, even the quality drops, even the replicas are poor, even the brands charges people with special editions that are cheap repaintings, even the brand continues razing everything arround. Evil or Very Mad
It doesn't look but I have a huge admiration for Schleich hard collectors that are able to make everything to have a superpinto, for example, only because it is marked Schleich, a repainting of a horse, paying almost 40 or 50 times more than the commercial value of the figure. That's not ironic, I have really a huge admiration! cheers .. and why? Because Schleich hard collectors gives the real projection that Schleich has at the moment. Unfortunately the brand don't want to see it! Sad
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Congrats on your old Schleich farmfamily Phil!
I know that they are hard to get, and not cheap for sure! Shocked

I don't collect those farmpeople anymore, only zookeepers, safari-guides and stuff like that... Laughing

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:10 pm

These farm people look like people who are able to work very hard. I can see it in their eyes and proportions Very Happy Laughing Congratulations Phil!
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:55 pm

These are great Phil, congrats cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Thank you, Willy, Ana and Harriet for your kind words.
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Nice to see some of your collection Phil. I know you have a lot of wonderful figures that nobody knows about. I really love that you have so many with tags on them. Can't wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:06 pm

I have to agree with Roger! That's why I will try to buy a very minimum of Schleich figurines for 2012, and focus on the other brands or on retired stuff! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:48 am

I think, Phils Schleich collection, is one of the most secretive collections here, even when not ment to be so... study
Full of hidden treasures i guess... farao

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 am

Thank you Amy and Minhea... :) I hope you'll stick around here for a while, Amy... we miss you!
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:27 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I think, Phils Schleich collection, is one of the most secretive collections here, even when not ment to be so... study

Well, Willy, I will post some more photos soon, so stay tuned... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:35 am

Congratulation for your newcomers and for your collection Mr. Schleichipedia cheers
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:37 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation for your newcomers and for your collection Mr. Schleichipedia cheers

Thanks for the kind words, Christophe. However, I think Peter is probably most deserving of the "Mr. Schleichipedia" designation... :)
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 am

That's why I made a remark before that Phil is the sleeping giant here because he is one of the most quiet among the big time collectors here and correct me if I am wrong, Phil is one the kings of the VHTF stuffs among us. His collections may not be the most in terms of numbers but I am pretty sure, quality wise, he is among top 5 owners (maybe the number one outside Germany) of the most difficult to find Schleich figures.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:38 am

schleich61 wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Well, Willy, I will post some more photos soon, so stay tuned... Laughing

My antennas are always in the air Phil, i think you know that! Wink
I think Ronald is very wright about what he said... farao

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:00 am

Lasersword1973 wrote:
That's why I made a remark before that Phil is the sleeping giant here because he is one of the most quiet among the big time collectors here and correct me if I am wrong, Phil is one the kings of the VHTF stuffs among us. His collections may not be the most in terms of numbers but I am pretty sure, quality wise, he is among top 5 owners (maybe the number one outside Germany) of the most difficult to find Schleich figures.

Hello Ronald. At the risk of disappointing you, I have a very modest Schleich collection, especially compared to Amy or the many, many collectors I know in Germany, France and elsewhere in the EU. For instance, I know a collector in France who has over 5000 Schleich figurines, and has even seen the 14075 and 14076 in real time, during one of his trips to Germany, where he met with a Schleich collector who had even more figurines than he does!

All of the big EU collectors of Schleich, such as Peter, Jürgen, Susanne, etc. all have collections which dwarf mine. I'm sure Steve in Dorset does, as well. Not to mention collectors I have come to know from eBay.de. However, I'm always searching for value-for-money, so the collection grows, slowly but surely. Collecting all Schleich is the mission of a lifetime, and a daunting challenge to any collector... :)
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:56 am

Here is the promo TVT elephant (special on behalf of a Turkish-language television station in Germany):

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:07 pm

That's very interesting! What a Face elephant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My SCHLEICH Collection   My SCHLEICH Collection - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My SCHLEICH Collection
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next