Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Animals around your house... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 am

Laughing Laughing To me they are as exotic as elephants alien alien 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 4:50 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Laughing Laughing To me they are as exotic as elephants alien alien 
Hmm... maybe I will mail a grizzly in your next package. Laughing Wink I don't think he would fit though...scratch Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 5:49 pm

affraid  NO ! NO! NO!

Please, don't Shocked 

lol! lol! lol! 

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Strange to see a real. live turtle in the wild...for me it is almost as exotic as a bear. But less dangerous, I am sure Laughing 
A bear is exotic? Wink They are almost a dime a dozen here, quite common. Very Happy 
I think that here they are more like a dollar a dozen! Very Happy Laughing Laughing 
This next part happened about a week ago, and it is going to sound like a lie. I guarantee you, it did happen. In a one week span, I got pictures on my trail camera of a black bear, a wolf, a cougar, and a feral hog. The hogs are not supposed to be here, and the wolf and cougars are not supposed to be this far south in the state. With all of those predators, I am almost nervous to go back in the swamp and sit in my deer blind! Laughing affraid 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 pm

WOW!!!! affraid 

Lucky you !!!! I wished it was me...or, erhm, Rolling Eyes 
I suppose there is enough wild game for them to hunt, so they aren't too hugry ? Shocked 

Take care of yourself now !!!!

cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:26 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW!!!! affraid 

Lucky you !!!! I wished it was me...or, erhm, Rolling Eyes 
I suppose there is enough wild game for them to hunt, so they aren't too hugry ? Shocked 

Take care of yourself now !!!!
Actually, ever science the predators came mid summer, I have hardly gotten any deer pictures at all. Last year I had a few decent bucks on camera, this year I have only one. The other night, a cow died at my grandpas, so we drug it into the woods. The next day it was COMPLETELY gone. No bones, nothing. It was a one thousand pound cow, and it was gone overnight!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:40 am

cattlecollector wrote:

Actually, ever science the predators came mid summer, I have hardly gotten any deer pictures at all. Last year I had a few decent bucks on camera, this year I have only one. The other night, a cow died at my grandpas, so we drug it into the woods. The next day it was COMPLETELY gone. No bones, nothing. It was a one thousand pound cow, and it was gone overnight!
Perhaps the deer are getting more nervous, and thus harder to see ?
But of course so many predators also take their toll Rolling Eyes 

WOW! The whole COW was gone affraid 
One would think there would be something left scratch 

Now the deer may get a little break, don't you think ? Wink 

cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:56 pm

I sure hope so because I need something to eat too! Laughing At least the bear should start hibernating soon.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 pm

We go four wheeling every once in a while in the mountains in the summer, one year when we were driving through a cattle rancher's property there was a big black mass on a far away hill. Turned out it was a dead bloating cow, and it had three or four coyotes on it already. Then my dad got an email from a friend that said this rancher (the one who had a dead cow on his hands) kept finding his livestock dead and bloated so he set up some wildlife cameras. In a single day he pictures of a cougar, a small pack of wolves (3-4) and small grizzly with cubs and a smaller but still pretty big male grizzly on one carcass. And this is not mentioning the coyotes and other cameras he had set up.
So, yes I believe it CC. Wink 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A picture of a deer I got behind my house. I didn't know that there were bucks that big back there.
A bear earlier this summer. I estimate him at about 200 pounds.

Last edited by cattlecollector on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:33 am

Um... I can't see the picture. Smile 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:35 am

???????????? I can see it.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:37 am

Hmm... you could a moderator for help. If it's that camera pic you were talking about I would like to see it. bounce 

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:30 pm

So... um... I've seen a red squirrel with a white tail and a white dot on her back scratch It looked like a furry cow!!!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Wow, that's unusual...  scratch I wonder what would cause that. Thanks for the pic.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:24 pm

The cause of that might be that splosh of white paint covering the road on the left...

or

PALOMINO SQUIRREL HAS TAKEN OVER YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 am

That is fantastic  Shocked  I never saw a squirrel looking like this   cheers 

Perhaps a mutation with that colour would not live long enough to grow up in the wild...to easy for predators to see ..but it looks like it is fine in the park  Very Happy 

Fun to think of this being how we got all the weird colours and shapes of tame animals.
People like the unusual...can you imagine a Stone Age lady keeping a wild cat with white spots...feeding and caring for it and the kittens, and...suddenly we had black-and-white cats  Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:25 am

I have found a photoblog of somebody from my area, and I am sure that it is the same squirrel on the picture!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:04 am

Incredibly cute  Shocked I love you drunken 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Very interesting to know that there is a famous red squirrrel! :) Red squirrels have a lot of different colors and patterns, though, this one is quite nice. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 3:01 am

The snow is melting here, exposing certain grass fields, and the deer are flocking to them after being hungry all winter, so me and my dad went on our annual spring deer drive to see what the winter damage was. I counted over 500 white tails, but this was fairly low from years past. I think we had a lot of winter kill, and the snow made the deer easy pickings for coyotes.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Wow! What a beautiful cute pinto- squirrel Very Happy Laughing 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:19 am

Late, late last night I was going to go outside trying to find one of our cats which was still hunting. I wished to get her inside before going to bed. But just outside the door a big moose was standing, eating twigs from the branches of our sallow tree.
I was not prepared to meet such a big animal just there, so I got inside in a hurry.  Shocked  affraid 
The animal stayed there and continued with its business. We watched it from the window. It was so tall, taller than a horse and the head was so large! It was so exiting to have it so close, only 3 or 4 meter away.
Because it was so dark it was impossible to take a photo. After a while the moose was returning to the forest, and I went out again and found my cat. cat  Very Happy 
We live just in the edge of the forest, so we know animals are near our house all the time. There are moose, roe-deer, red deer, badger, fox. We do not see them often, but in winter we often can see their tracks very close to the house.
Please excuse some grammar and spelling mistakes.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 am

Wow, that's awesome Tove! I would love to have a moose so close to my house Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:23 am

Wow, I would love to see a moose here. I had something similar happen to me in Idaho. My family woke up to a herd of elk in our yard that stayed all morning. I was really cool.

On the opposite side of Michigan from me, there have been articles in the paper about kids who could not go out to the bus for school because elk were in their yard and would not allow them to pass.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 19 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next