Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harriet's Breyer Horses

Go down 
+20
Mastiffcat
Elros Alvar
SyLoBe
skysthelimit
sortepletter
Kikimalou
Sumo
Cyhyraeth
aandmkw
pipi6
animalluvr6
ken yeo
Roger
Silver Unicornis
Rio
Snardi
Ana
SUSANNE
widukind
HKHollinstone
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:08 pm

So glad you got them Very Happy rabbit
They really are beautiful in person. I wasn't totally in love with the foal from the stock photos but he is a little cutie !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 am

Rio wrote:
So glad you got them Very Happy rabbit
They really are beautiful in person. I wasn't totally in love with the foal from the stock photos but he is a little cutie !
Thanks Rio! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Cyhyraeth wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Cyhyraeth wrote:
so should I expect Maureen Love classic-sized additions in your collection?)
I really want some of them, but I haven't had any luck in my searching, where do you find your's usually?
Mostly on Ebay and MH$P But I try to get big lots one horse seem to be very expensive in shipping:(
Thanks Daria - do you search eBay.de for them?

No, not really. mostly on .com and .uk

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm

I should buy Valentine! I love her so badly... One of my most-wanted breyers! Big congrats!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Cyhyraeth wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Cyhyraeth wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Cyhyraeth wrote:
so should I expect Maureen Love classic-sized additions in your collection?)
I really want some of them, but I haven't had any luck in my searching, where do you find your's usually?
Mostly on Ebay and MH$P But I try to get big lots one horse seem to be very expensive in shipping:(
Thanks Daria - do you search eBay.de for them?

No, not really. mostly on .com and .uk
That's interesting, I cannot find any vintage Breyer on eBay, not by Maureen Love. I'll have to look harder!

SyLoBe wrote:
I should buy Valentine! I love her so badly... One of my most-wanted breyers! Big congrats!
Yes you should Very Happy Thank you Silvia cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:49 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:

That's interesting, I cannot find any vintage Breyer on eBay, not by Maureen Love. I'll have to look harder!
scratch i found a lot of them on .com. Are you searching by Maureen's name or the model's name?
Since most people don't know about her, and a lot of people don't know the models' names and Breyer changed model's names, the best way is to search for "Breyer Classic" and then just wade through the results to find the ones from the HR molds. Between Identify your Breyer and Hagen Renaker Museum you should be able to ID them.

Here's a few:
Man o War
Ferseyn Arabian Stallion and here. Actually, there are a lot of him.
oooo! here's the whole family!
Silky Sullivan
Butch the Mustang foal.

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:57 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

scratch i found a lot of them on .com. Are you searching by Maureen's name or the model's name?
Since most people don't know about her, and a lot of people don't know the models' names and Breyer changed model's names, the best way is to search for "Breyer Classic" and then just wade through the results to find the ones from the HR molds. Between Identify your Breyer and Hagen Renaker Museum you should be able to ID them.

Here's a few:
Man o War
Ferseyn Arabian Stallion and here. Actually, there are a lot of him.
oooo! here's the whole family!
Silky Sullivan
Butch the Mustang foal.

Thank you Carolyn! I will try that cheers The thing with me buying from America is, unless it's below 18£ I get charged at customs Mad
I do have a Maureen Love horse then, that little bay mustang foal, I didn't realise that cheers

Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks alot Harriet and Rio! Laughing
For suckering me into getting valentine and heart breaker LOL Wink
I wanted this model for a long time but.. There were no glossy ones when i went to the store so I was in the states on a holiday and found a glossy set!!!
They are beautiful especially the foal I am going to conga the mold!
Pictures to come! cheers

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:58 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Thank you Carolyn! I will try that cheers The thing with me buying from America is, unless it's below 18£ I get charged at customs Mad
I do have a Maureen Love horse then, that little bay mustang foal, I didn't realise that cheers
oh if you're going to have only one Maureen Love, Butch is a nice one to have!

do you get charged at customs if it's a gift? we're lucky here in US that we don't have to worry about that.
on the other hand, i've heard of people who have received fancy expensive artist resins from England with holes drilled in them because someone at "Homeland Security" thought it looked like a place for a bad person to hide explosives or drugs or who knows what one might hide in a model horse. Suspect
i don't know anyone it as happened to personally, so maybe they are just stories, but still affraid

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
do you get charged at customs if it's a gift? we're lucky here in US that we don't have to worry about that.
on the other hand, i've heard of people who have received fancy expensive artist resins from England with holes drilled in them because someone at "Homeland Security" thought it looked like a place for a bad person to hide explosives or drugs or who knows what one might hide in a model horse. Suspect
i don't know anyone it as happened to personally, so maybe they are just stories, but still affraid
Shocked Shocked That's awful!!

Yes, even if it's a gift I have been charged at customs - anything over the value of 18£ I'm doomed. I've had two experiences where I've been charged 20£! One I managed to get £12 back but still... No

I have the chestnut version of butch, are they called the same even if they're a different colour?

Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:

I've heard the same stories about porcelain dolls. I think some of these stories might be true, but it's not a common thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:52 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
I have the chestnut version of butch, are they called the same even if they're a different colour?

Butch is the HR name for the mold, so all HR Mustang foals are "Butch." I don't know if Breyer has given different names to different colors. "Back in my day" ( affraid ), Breyer just called him the Classic Mustang Foal.

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:30 pm

I think Butch's still called A Mustang Foal in Breyer. However, this mold's already retired.

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Butch is the HR name for the mold, so all HR Mustang foals are "Butch." I don't know if Breyer has given different names to different colors. "Back in my day" ( affraid ), Breyer just called him the Classic Mustang Foal.

Cyhyraeth wrote:
I think Butch's still called A Mustang Foal in Breyer. However, this mold's already retired.

Thanks for the info Carolyn and Daria bounce

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:02 pm

I found this chap by chance on eBay uk, I couldn't believe my luck, just the kind of thing I am looking for. A vintage Breyer, now I'm not sure if it's sculpted by Maureen Love but it looks like her style? Anyway, I love him. His name is Kelso, a very famous racehorse (who I hadn't heard of actually Embarassed Laughing ) and he even came in his original box.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Congratz, Harriet :)

Yes, he is by Maureen Love. Kelso was made from 1975 - 1990
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Congrats!
Yes, it's a Maureen Love piece, from the racehorses series:)
A very stunning guy:) I have this mold in bay roan, and I believe it's one of the best vintage Breyer classics ever made:)

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:28 pm

I love you I love you I love you Congratulations! The Love thoroughbreds are masterpieces, what a great find! cheers
One funny thing about the Kelso mold is that while the original horse was a gelding, the model has been described as a mare almost from day one. Of course, racing TBs don't show a lot of gender dimorphism... Even Breyer has used it in a few mare/foal sets!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:43 am

Rio wrote:
Congratz, Harriet :)

Yes, he is by Maureen Love. Kelso was made from 1975 - 1990

Cyhyraeth wrote:
Congrats!
Yes, it's a Maureen Love piece, from the racehorses series:)
A very stunning guy:) I have this mold in bay roan, and I believe it's one of the best vintage Breyer classics ever made:)

Sumo wrote:
I love you I love you I love you Congratulations! The Love thoroughbreds are masterpieces, what a great find! cheers
One funny thing about the Kelso mold is that while the original horse was a gelding, the model has been described as a mare almost from day one. Of course, racing TBs don't show a lot of gender dimorphism... Even Breyer has used it in a few mare/foal sets!
Thanks Rio, Daria and Sumo! cheers cheers cheers How weird he was described as a mare! scratch
I love him, he's so elegant. drunken hope I can add more to my collection, there are several you have Daria that I just love.

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Congrats on a great find - including the box! Kelso is one of Maureen Love's best sculpts, IMHO.

Kelso was running in the early 1960s, when Maureen was doing her race horse series. He was one of the greatest race horses in America, ever. Obviously he wasn't as good as Man o' War or Secretariat - no one was - but his name can be mentioned in the same sentence as theirs when talking about the greats.

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
Congrats on a great find - including the box! Kelso is one of Maureen Love's best sculpts, IMHO.

Kelso was running in the early 1960s, when Maureen was doing her race horse series. He was one of the greatest race horses in America, ever. Obviously he wasn't as good as Man o' War or Secretariat - no one was - but his name can be mentioned in the same sentence as theirs when talking about the greats.
Thank Carolyn cheers I can't believe I hadn't heard of him, it's embarrassing Embarassed

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Shocked What a great hunt! Big congrats!

Pssst: I hadn´t heard of Kelso before xD

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Shocked Wow, that is such a great new addition! Great find! I love race horses, and that is certainly one of my favorites, lucky owner you are! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 am

SyLoBe wrote:
Phew, glad I wasn't the only one Razz Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Shocked Wow, that is such a great new addition! Great find! I love race horses, and that is certainly one of my favorites, lucky owner you are! cheers

Thank you Girls!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:05 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:
Phew, glad I wasn't the only one Razz Laughing
lol! don't feel bad. I don't remember knowing about him until Breyer released its model! Poor Kelso never had a children's book written about him, like so many other greats have, so little girls don't grow up knowing his name. I can't remember not knowing who Man o' War was.

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Breyer Horses   Harriet's Breyer Horses - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harriet's Breyer Horses
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next