Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2011

Go down 
+21
Admin
Rio
baltimore zoo
remrock02
SUSANNE
pm64
lucky luke
Lasersword1973
Arrakai
skysthelimit
Sumo
MARTINLATIN
alexmotoc
Sergey
Numa
ken yeo
Kikimalou
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Kiryuha
Roger
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

CollectA 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Farm and Horses:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:47 pm

HI I just posted the pictures in the other thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:47 pm

2011 Collecta Models posted here:

Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks for the pictures, Numaan. The figures that really amaze me are these two Ostrich chicks and the two Snow Leopards. They are so cute. :)

Last edited by Lasersword1973 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 pm

thank you for the pictures! the mantee and ostrich chick looks great!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for the pictures Numaan!! I love the look of the Angus bull, the quality of all the new figurines looks amazing! I like the red deer family Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Some interesting figures to see!study
Ostrich was a big miss in CollectA range, not in collections! But the snow leopard is a big surprise, I'm expecting a cheetah! Some horses look promisssing!
Unfortunately I will see it only in April, probabily!Sad

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks for the pictures, Numaan cheers cheers sunny

I like snow leopards, ostriches and chickens, the elephant looked very good. I also like the deer rut
it to look better than Schleich ...!
Vites images cyclops
Back to top Go down
alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 pm

but here it,s only dinos!
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Thank you Numaan for the news and for having sent the photos!

I am very happy about the snow leopard of course and a little disappointed for the missing of hoofed animals....anyway I must say that Collecta is improving a lot and I am very impressed about the sea lion, the indian elephant, ostrich cheeks,angus bulls and the deers, very nice.Also the manatee family, very well sculpted...shall we see them in march probably(?)

The horses are too thin.... Neutral

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:19 pm

WOW! Numaan, thank you ever so much for the photoes !

Collecta is really running with the ball now. Me, oh my, they have improved. Shocked
I had sworn not to buy more from CollectA, but now ..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Thank you Nuuman Very Happy

It seems I will have to spend some money in CollectA this year. Wink
Back to top Go down
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:46 am

Thanks for the info! I really like the snow leopards and the Arab Mares!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 am

I guess nobody gave the CollectA product designers the same memo they forgot to give the Papo product designers that FEMALE ASIAN ELEPHANTS DON"T HAVE LARGE EXTERNAL TUSKS!!!!!!
What's the animal figure world coming too...
Anyone know the size of the CollectA elephants? Oh, wait let me guess...
about 4" tall and about 6" long....

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:54 am

Oh yeah, and the sea lion looks like the old Schleich sea lon! What's the matter can't come up with a sea lion in a new position?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:13 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
I guess nobody gave the CollectA product designers the same memo they forgot to give the Papo product designers that FEMALE ASIAN ELEPHANTS DON"T HAVE LARGE EXTERNAL TUSKS!!!!!!
What's the animal figure world coming too...
Anyone know the size of the CollectA elephants? Oh, wait let me guess...
about 4" tall and about 6" long....

Where are you seeing it??? And let me see! What is the size of Papo African elephants??? Same of CollectA!
And why the Papo black swan has a knob in the bill??? Nobody told Papo sculptors that Black swans are not melanistic variations from mute swans???
And nobody told the Papo painters that kudus don't have simetric strips???
Do you want more???
Try to see the figures ignoring the name of the brand!
And enjoy yourself with CollectA nice figures too!cheers :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:25 am

Schleichzoo on the first page has photos from the catalogue.
I agree with you, I think ALL the product designers need to be better informed about their subjects.
I make no bones about it, I prefer Papo. For me once in a while Schleich makes a descent figure. I also like Safari LTD., especially their Wildlife Wonders series.
But, as I've stated before, I go back to my Britains zoo animals and when put together the elephants look fine next to the rhino, hippos, lions etc..
I won't be satisfied until I get some descent sized elephants.
I was merely pointing out that both companies made similar female Asian
elephants both with tusks. The elephant, unlike the kudu with symmetrical stripes(you can display kudu with stripes, so you can't see the other side if it's really an eyesore), but no matter how you position the female Asian elephant the tusks will always be there.
I can't really ignore the brand because I can pretty much tell who made the figure because they all have certain style. However, if I see a figure that I like
no matter what the brand is, I'll get it (example: like Safari's Indian rhino).
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:51 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Schleichzoo on the first page has photos from the catalogue.
I agree with you, I think ALL the product designers need to be better informed about their subjects.
I make no bones about it, I prefer Papo. For me once in a while Schleich makes a descent figure. I also like Safari LTD., especially their Wildlife Wonders series.
But, as I've stated before, I go back to my Britains zoo animals and when put together the elephants look fine next to the rhino, hippos, lions etc..
I won't be satisfied until I get some descent sized elephants.
I was merely pointing out that both companies made similar female Asian
elephants both with tusks. The elephant, unlike the kudu with symmetrical stripes(you can display kudu with stripes, so you can't see the other side if it's really an eyesore), but no matter how you position the female Asian elephant the tusks will always be there.
I can't really ignore the brand because I can pretty much tell who made the figure because they all have certain style. However, if I see a figure that I like
no matter what the brand is, I'll get it (example: like Safari's Indian rhino).

Where do you read CollectA made an asian female elephant confused .

On the catalogue it is only write "Asian elephant". Making males and calves are not a problem for modern companies elephant .

So maybe the problem is : Where is the mother ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:40 am

Check the first page of this topic, and Schleichzoo has photos from the CollectA catalogue.
O.K., so it would seem that since bull elephants are mainly solitary or live in bachelor herds, that an elephant calf(in this case an elephant calf figure), so it's only logical that it(the adult elephant figure) would be with it's mom(therefore, the product designers shouldn't have made a female with tusks!).
Once again, for me, I won't be satisfied until I have all my animals in proportion to each other(doesn't have to be exact, but just enough to make them look good together).
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:41 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Check the first page of this topic, and Schleichzoo has photos from the CollectA catalogue.
O.K., so it would seem that since bull elephants are mainly solitary or live in bachelor herds, that an elephant calf(in this case an elephant calf figure), so it's only logical that it(the adult elephant figure) would be with it's mom(therefore, the product designers shouldn't have made a female with tusks!).
Once again, for me, I won't be satisfied until I have all my animals in proportion to each other(doesn't have to be exact, but just enough to make them look good together).

Read the CollectA catalogue and not Schleichzoo post. Wink

On the catalogue, CollectA only talk about an Asian elephant... Not a female.

Why an Asian elephant calf can't be with his father since some 2011 buffaloes and kudus calves lived only with their father Laughing Laughing Laughing .

If you need 1/20 elephants, then you may hunt the Bullyland. I made two topics about them :

By the way, Papo elephants and Schleich hippo are in scale with Britains Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:21 am

Yes, I wondered what size the CollectA Asian elephant was. But I'm imagining it will be too small compared with the Schleich zebras - I'm going to try and sculpt an Asian elephant, so see how that turns out, then I won't have to look for an in scale elephant anymore cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 pm

All are on my wishlist accept for the sea animals and chimps.

Those horses are typical Deborah McDermott sculptures. Very expressive. I'm not usually keen on Arabians but those ones look nice.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Ooh boy... I'm going to be spending a lot of money this year! What a Face Just the fact that there's not one, but three manatees makes me ridiculously happy for some reason. And the horses! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:56 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:

So, if it is logical, could you please explain me why in my 2010 Papo catalogue there's an adulte black rhino with a white rhino calf???What a Face
This strategy for the kudu gave me an idea for the elephant, put her turned back and you will not see the tusks!Idea
CollectA has it's own space in the market, very new brand and already the best in birds and horses!
And about sizes, the best dioramas I'm seeing in this forum has wrong scaled animals, people uses the distances. in a diorama, you put almost always the smaller closer and the biggest farer. So, has the space for the diorama is not as deep as real life, the smaller scale of the bigger animals makes it looks farer, see it putting the giraffes behind all animals!

I don't use my figures for dioramas, anyway I will tell Ana to send me a half painted bongo to see if it gets cheaper!Idea
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:57 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Yes, I wondered what size the CollectA Asian elephant was. But I'm imagining it will be too small compared with the Schleich zebras - I'm going to try and sculpt an Asian elephant, so see how that turns out, then I won't have to look for an in scale elephant anymore cheers

Harriete, I think CollectA Asian elephant will be smaller than the CollectA African elephant!
So, very small to your zebra!
If you want a picture from the CollectA african elephant near a Schleich zebra tell me.
But why are you using a zebra to compare with an Asian elephant???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2011   CollectA 2011 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2011
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next