Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.

Go down 
+4
Roger
widukind
Ana
Kikimalou
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. Empty
PostSubject: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:52 am

Styracosaurus was an herbivorous ceratopsian dinosaur from the Cretaceous Period, about 76.5 to 75.0 million years ago. It had four to six long horns extending from its neck frill, a smaller horn on each of its cheeks, and a single horn protruding from its nose, which may have been up to 60 centimetres long and 15 centimetres wide. The function or functions of the horns and frills have been debated for many years.
Styracosaurus was a relatively large dinosaur, reaching lengths of 5.5 metres and weighing nearly 3 tons. It stood about 1.8 meters tall. Styracosaurus possessed four short legs and a bulky body. Its tail was rather short. The skull had a beak and shearing cheek teeth arranged in continuous dental batteries, suggesting that the animal sliced up plants. Like other ceratopsians, this dinosaur may have been a herd animal, traveling in large groups, as suggested by bonebeds.

With its incredible head, Styracosaurus is one of the most widespread ceratopsian dinosaur in the toy realm, only surpassed by the Triceratops.

LINDE, STARLUX, MARX, KAIYODO, SCHLEICH, SAFARI Ltd, PAPO, BATTAT already made at least one Styracosaurus.
For 2013 KINTO FAVORITE is making his second model, sculpted by the talented Araki Kazunari. Despite the too glossy finish, this model has got a lot of charm and a lot of accuracy too   Applause
The scale is between 1:25 and 1:32.

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. KINTO_FAVORITE_Styracosaurus_0

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. KINTO_FAVORITE_Styracosaurus_1

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. KINTO_FAVORITE_Styracosaurus_2

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. KINTO_FAVORITE_Styracosaurus_3

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. KINTO_FAVORITE_Styracosaurus_4

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. KINTO_FAVORITE_Styracosaurus_5

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. KINTO_FAVORITE_Styracosaurus_6

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. KINTO_FAVORITE_Styracosaurus_7

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. KINTO_FAVORITE_Styracosaurus_8

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. Styracosaurus_Kinto_Favorite-11

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. Styracosaurus_Kinto_Favorite-12

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. Styracosaurus_Kinto_Favorite-13

And now with some friends  Wink

With PAPO
 The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. Styracosaurus_Kinto_Favorite-14

With BATTAT
 The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. Styracosaurus_Kinto_Favorite-15

The whole herd  drunken
 The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. Styracosaurus_Kinto_Favorite-16

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. Styracosaurus_Kinto_Favorite-17

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 am

Incredible dinosaur! Thank You for walkaround and additional info about the species Kiki Very Happy Not only head but also front legs are very interesting with those two fingers not touching the ground, why was it so? :)

I think from these 3 figures I like Kinto most, it has really nice pose, the pose of Papo is little bit too dramatic for me Razz

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:12 pm

That are phantastic dinosaur figurines cheers cheers cheers In my opinion are Kinto with the best brand for dinosaur models- but it is a opinion from a non-dinosaur-collector sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:48 pm

That is a beautiful and impressive animal. I confess that, contrarily to Ana, I love the dramatic pose and all movement on Papo figure. Without caring with other aspects of the figure, the dramatism gives an unique expression to the figure making it highlight among others. Very Happy Also, it shows clearly that it is a Papo! cheers
It is great to read all the interesting text you provide with fantastic pictures, among them the always useful comparison pictures. Another great walk around. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:11 am

Thank you Anna, Andreas and Roger cheers I'm very pleased to welcome you in the obscure regions of STS Laughing

I usually avoid to collect many models of the same dinosaur specie, but I break my own rules for some of them. I love these three styracosaurus because each of them have his own style and qualities. I would be unable to choose drunken

I will probably make a BATTAT styracosaurus walkaround to give justice to this beautiful jewel Sleep

@Anna: I guess the only reason about the nails positions is a molding problem... But it gives a very dynamic pose to the figurine Wink
Back to top Go down
Fleshanthos

Fleshanthos

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:55 am

I like the Fav better than I like the Papo one - which should arrive by mail shortly!

However, the paint job on the Papo isn't as shiny. I wonder if it's sue to the plastic or due to the paint. How could the shine be dulled off?

I could apply a coat of dullcoat lacquer, or does an entire new paintjob need to be done?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Fleshanthos wrote:
I like the Fav better than I like the Papo one - which should arrive by mail shortly!

However, the paint job on the Papo isn't as shiny. I wonder if it's sue to the plastic or due to the paint. How could the shine be dulled off?

I could apply a coat of dullcoat lacquer, or does an entire new paintjob need to be done?
Welcome here sunny sunny 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:54 pm

welcome

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Such a beautiful model! Thank you for sharing this Kiki! And welcome here Fleshanthos! Very Happy:cheers:

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:01 am

Fleshanthos wrote:

The Papo is very expressive but the Favorite is really really charming.

About the paint, I can't tell and I don't have enough courage to use laquer on it.

Welcome here cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.    The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround. Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Styracosaurus walkaround.
Page 1 of 1