Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

Go down 
+38
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
JonasV
Carola
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
sauroid
Wilorvise
Noémi
Fisva
scot(t)
skysthelimit
goatherder
Silver Unicornis
Phexedrine
Dutch Bear
DaveScriv
arafan
Shanti
ken yeo
lucky luke
jarda
Florian
Elros Alvar
PeGe
blackdanter
Bloodrayne
Katty
Cyhyraeth
NandO
Liiolii
Sumo
Chris Sweetman
Tiermann
Ana
HKHollinstone
Taos
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:13 am

Hey Lea,

I am glad to see everything arrived to you safe and sound. cheers 

Is that fish in jar?

P.s your photography is great.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:49 am

Lovely halter  cyclops Bling for the beasts  Very Happy 

And yes, you are right with the Breyers, they seem to introduce new and greater artists lately  Very Happy

The TWH remade looks awesome  Very Happy 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Very beautieful newcomer again Lea  cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Thank you, all, for the kind comments! I'll be sure to post photos of the TWH again once I have him painted, certainly.

Phexedrine wrote:

The TWH is really wonderful, you have a feel of biomecanics that not a lot of people in the hobby have. Kudos seriously  Applause 
As for the ASB, it's a mare you started from a Rejoice model, actually I have her prepped and ready for oils, there's a picture of her in my work thread just before I finished her prep work :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You are of course credited as the main customizer of this lil gem. I bought her a few years ago, after seeing her on the Finnish model horse forum. I remember using google translate as I only speak French, English and a bit of German  Laughing The translation was epic in itself.

I tend to gravitate more in the French model horse community albeit coming over here sometimes as I collect other hoofed beast (cloven hoofed ones and surprinsingly now dogs and other animals who serve as props) so that is why you didn't remember me. Anyway I'm a big follower of your work and if you might have some custom work for sale, I'd be all ears.

Thank you the compliments on the TWH - your mention of the biomechanics side of it warms my heart especially. It was precisely the reason I so extensively resculpted the CollectA original's legs & barrel in the first place - there just wasn't any fixing it save redoing completely.

Ah, I do remember that ASB now! It was years ago, indeed! I'll hop on over to your thread just as soon I have this posted to see what's become of the ASB - I'm sure you've done the little mare justice. I do remember you now - I was quite impressed with your efforts with the Finnish forum translation back then.
As for custom work, I haven't got anything for sale at the moment, I'm afraid - but I think I will, soon enough; I've been trying to get my customizing engine running by doing a handful of small CM's on miscellaneous species. I'll likely be offering the results up for sale/trades here, once I have them finished.

goatherder wrote:
Is that fish in jar?

P.s your photography is great.
I'm glad you enjoyed the photography - although I cannot much take credit for its quality; I'm a fumbling dilettante, but with a very tolerant camera.

As for fish in those tanks: Good grief, no - I'd never keep a single vertebrate in such a cramped, round-walled space. I'm of the school finding even most European (let alone American) aquarium-keeping despicably niggardly in the space typically allotted for the animals. The larger tank on my desk houses three 4-millimeter ramshorn snails; the smaller two tanks in the background, as I mentioned to LeeAnn a few posts back, only have Daphnia water fleas and assorted Copepoda. I would dearly like to get an aquarium to keep a few catfish or even just some nifty crustaceans in, but as the passable capacities in my view only start at somewhere around 300-400 litres, it'll be a while yet before I'll be upgrading from my little desktop tanks there.

Mangalarga wrote:
I love this custom! All those details! I'd love to commission you one day, if you accept those of course Wink
Thank you! I do do commissions, certainly - for the moment my books are closed, though. I'll be accepting new work once I've cleared my current backlog; I'll be announcing this on my website at least.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Upon the completion of a commission a month or so back, I found myself more or less in the position to splurge on a few models while "ordering new epoxy anyway". In addition to this, I recently made most excellent trades with Joan and Bryan (Arafan), both of which trades I'm most grateful for and pleased about - thank you, Joan & Bryan!

With Bryan's great help and some supplementary stock from the epoxy shop, it appears I've suddenly turned into a model world cattle rancher:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(..Or perhaps a model world cattle butcher - but more on that in the Customs section, later.)

In addition to the gazillion cattle, I also got two lovely Kaiyodo skulls - Anchiceratops below, Cryolophosaurus above - from Joan; as well as the Schleich potbellied pig I've for so long sought after; old Holstein mare (one of my favourite horses by Schleich); two nifty Panini ponies (topmost in pic); and a brand new Schleich stable accessory set as very generous gifts from Bryan! THANK YOU! The excellent CollectA Standardbred and Dartmoor just hitched a ride with the epoxy shop cattle - perhaps they had a terrible itch to get their heads lopped off, too. Twisted Evil

Again, my humblest thanks to Bryan and Joan for the lovely, lovely trades. I shall show more of the cattle mutilations later in the Customs section, if just to assure everyone I've not left them lying around gruesomely dismembered. (They have been gruesomely frankensteined onto each other instead. MWAha-ha-ha-ha!)

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:02 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Ohh that Panini fjord! bounce bounce I didn't know about that one, hopefully I can get my hands on one sometime! Great newcomers, and I'm excited to see what you do with your new victims. Very Happy

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:00 pm

I'm very happy that you like them! Very Happy
Congratulations for all these new additions, they are really great! cheers
Thanks for this awesome trade. Very Happy

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:20 pm

OMG! affraid That new stuff is Beautiful!!Cool Congratulations!, Hurray for Bryan! cheers cheers cheers cheers That collecta black running mare is sooo pretty!! Cool sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Congratulations Lea, very detailed newcomers!! Big congrats cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Some really nice newcomers!!! I like the way you displayed the cattle, they look indeed like illustration in a book about cattle breeds Very Happy
And the way the pig is looking at dinosaur skull, haha, and the Dartmoor pony seems to be scared of it too Very Happy I almost hear them saying "What on Earth IS that? " Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:35 pm

Great additions, huge congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:47 pm

That parcel from Bryan! I can see so much fantastic bulls and cows - such a delicious herd! Hurray Bryan Very Happy
And of course, what a superb punch from Joan - I just love the tiny horses! Collecta Pacer looks nice even though he would be nicer with some base or holder. All those legs on the ground doesn't make him looks so fast and furious Razz
It was a pleasure to see your good photos and those figurines! Congratulations =) Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:10 am

congrats Lea !!!!
and there is no "japan" addition Very Happy ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:22 am

Thank you for the kind comments, everyone!

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Ohh that Panini fjord! bounce bounce I didn't know about that one, hopefully I can get my hands on one sometime!
The Panini fjord is actually a very decent sculpt, with clean angles, a solid pose and even teensy wrinkling at the base of the neck; one gets the impression that its sculptor has actually spent some time around horses. It's been available on German eBay on and off, here.  

arafan wrote:
I'm very happy that you like them! Very Happy
Congratulations for all these new additions, they are really great! cheers
Thanks for this awesome trade. Very Happy
I like them very, very much indeed. Thank you for the trade - it was a most excellent one.

Elros Alvar wrote:
OMG! affraid  That new stuff is Beautiful!!Cool  Congratulations!, Hurray for Bryan! cheers cheers cheers cheers  That collecta  black running mare is sooo pretty!! Cool sunny
Hurray for Bryan indeed! And thanks. The CollectA STB is really nice, I agree - it might just be my very favourite by McDermott so far.

Ana wrote:
Some really nice newcomers!!! I like the way you displayed the cattle, they look indeed like illustration in a book about cattle breeds Very Happy
And the way the pig is looking at dinosaur skull, haha, and the Dartmoor pony seems to be scared of it too Very Happy I almost hear them saying "What on Earth IS that? " Laughing
Thank you! As for the cattle display, well.. what my workspace may lack in available lightboxes or proper backdrops, it makes up for in stacks of books and sweaters lying around all over the place. Rolling Eyes The skulls are something the poor domestics shall have to get used to, I'm afraid - there are more of those here than there are fleshed-out models, I think..

jonesee wrote:
That parcel from Bryan! I can see so much fantastic bulls and cows - such a delicious herd! Hurray Bryan Very Happy
And of course, what a superb punch from Joan - I just love the tiny horses! Collecta Pacer looks nice even though he would be nicer with some base or holder. All those legs on the ground doesn't make him looks so fast and furious Razz
It was a pleasure to see your good photos and those figurines! Congratulations =) Very Happy
I second that hurray wholeheartedly, and I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures! I agree the Standardbred would be more correct all airborne, but I actually quite appreciate the elegant hooftip stance as an alternative to a base, which if factory-issued would presumably end up either clunky or costly to produce. Of course, it wouldn't be much trouble to craft an unintrusive little acrylic stand for the horse now, particularly as the model's very lightweight - it's of a plastic quite similar to that of the "weightless" new Schleich shire stallion.

NandO wrote:
congrats Lea !!!!
and there is no "japan" addition  Very Happy ?
Thank you, Nando! And no, no Japan addition this time - I destroyed all of my budget on the cows. X) But give me time, I'm sure they'll come...

sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 pm

those cattles and horses (and pig) are just very impressive.
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:13 pm

Thank you, Sauroid!

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 1:20 pm

[quote="koniminiatures"]Thank you for the kind comments, everyone!

jonesee wrote:
I second that hurray wholeheartedly, and I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures! I agree the Standardbred would be more correct all airborne, but I actually quite appreciate the elegant hooftip stance as an alternative to a base, which if factory-issued would presumably end up either clunky or costly to produce. Of course, it wouldn't be much trouble to craft an unintrusive little acrylic stand for the horse now, particularly as the model's very lightweight - it's of a plastic quite similar to that of the "weightless" new Schleich shire stallion.

[quote]

Interesting! Good to know the new Collecta'$ might be as light as their old Andalusian etc...I think its just good if some horses are made from very light plastic, or rubber, so maybe you can save in shipping costs! lol!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Cool cattle, congrats cheers

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 1:20 am

Thank you Robert!

Jonas, indeed the STB is lightweight but not bendy. The early McDermott molds (of them I've experience only of the palomino TWH, mind) were released so rubbery they made for pretty difficult customizing, while with at least some of the following models they moved on to a hard and reasonably heavy plastic with little give to it. The STB's the first I've come across that's extremely light yet unbendy all over. I presume this was a deliberate (and commendable!) production choice to keep the model's precariously angled weight-bearing legs from eventually sagging under the weight of the torso. It's a good call, I agree.

Oh and Ana! I don't know how I only realized this now, but - you sculpted that Highland cow! I finally have a piece created by you, then. I must say I find the cow a most pleasing sculpt, and certainly none too narrow at all, as I recall some first surmised. I've worked briefly on a small farm breeding Highland cattle, and the build of your sculpt reminds me of many of the heifers and young cows I got to meet.

The stage of the walk cycle that you chose for the model's pose is one I find compliments the animal depicted, as well - it presents to its viewer a graphical symmetry that brings intrigue into the sculpt, yet it's beautifully uncontrived and befitting of the creature. I think the only thing missing from that cow is a burly old bull or mischievous bullock to stride alongside of. Wink

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Congrats on your new additions ! Cattle are like potato chips, you can't have just one it seems ^^
I love the wrinkly debuts on that bull you showed with that many pins sticking out of its head. I feel you have a certain sense of humor when it comes to the "destruction" part of the customizing work. It reminds me of the horrified faces I regularly get when I talk about the taxidermy process (I do osteology and taxidermy as a "hobby" as I can't get a real wage out of it).

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Wonderful TWH (from earlier) and fantastic new additions! You've got some great cattle figures there.
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 2:06 am

Thank you for the comments & congrats! I'm glad you like that TWH, Scott, because I no longer do.  Laughing The blooming thing has been base painted already, but the more I look at it, the more convinced I am of that its back remains short (which may be noteworthy in itself, seeing as I've already lengthened it by nearly two centimeters. Makes me wonder how incredibly short the back must have been originally.) My incrementally increasing beniggledness by the matter is unquantifiable, to abuse some 3 a.m. English.

Phexedrine wrote:
Congrats on your new additions ! Cattle are like potato chips, you can't have just one it seems ^^
I love the wrinkly debuts on that bull you showed with that many pins sticking out of its head. I feel you have a certain sense of humor when it comes to the "destruction" part of the customizing work. It reminds me of the horrified faces I regularly get when I talk about the taxidermy process (I do osteology and taxidermy as a "hobby" as I can't get a real wage out of it).
Potato chips, yeah... I think I just panicked upon seeing a paycheck and instinctively exchanged it for something I know. Happy you like the disdainful Cenobite bull so far - he has by now suffered further nails to the face.

Ah, we have another bone scrubber/hobby taxidermist in the house, then! I wonder how many of us creeps we've got kicking about the forum.. I expect tinkering with body parts for a pastime - be they real or plastic - is probably conducive of eventually developing a certain sense of humour about the process, yes. The mystified horror of innocent onlookers is likely only further incentive to this developement, I agree. Rolling Eyes

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 6:13 am

I'm not expert, but the back doesn't look too short to me. It really looks great and I love the base paint!
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Thanks for the encouragement - I appreciate it. The back is no longer impossibly short, but there is to my eye at least an unhappy discrepancy between the lengths of the cervical and thoracic-lumbar spine. Perhaps it's better left be, at this point; the thing'll never get finished if I try to fix everything about it.

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Oh boy. Oh boy. Guess what came in the mail?

Some 1,5kg in real life; ~1000 if he were real - it's the 1:9 Ardennais resin Andre, sculpted by Sarah Rose. Came to me in a trade, too (worry not, I retain my all of my arms and legs) - I could scarcely believe my luck! He's by far my favourite piece by Rose, and is quickly becoming my favourite resin overall, I think. So rotund, mushy-faced, wrinkly-nosed, pig-eyed... and all a-rolling along. I know he isn't a proper animal figurine of the mass produced plastic variety, but ah, I'm too chuffed here to exercise discretion.

In anticipation of perhaps painting him a Brabant, I built him an exceedingly shoddy "trekpaard kettinghalster" (draught horse chain halter) and some turnback-caulked, toe clipped draft shoes - although it will be ages yet before I can actually start with the customization & paint.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:07 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next