Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

Go down 
+38
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
JonasV
Carola
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
sauroid
Wilorvise
Noémi
Fisva
scot(t)
skysthelimit
goatherder
Silver Unicornis
Phexedrine
Dutch Bear
DaveScriv
arafan
Shanti
ken yeo
lucky luke
jarda
Florian
Elros Alvar
PeGe
blackdanter
Bloodrayne
Katty
Cyhyraeth
NandO
Liiolii
Sumo
Chris Sweetman
Tiermann
Ana
HKHollinstone
Taos
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Thank you for the comments, everyone - and sorry to reply so late (recently any new forum comments haven't been showing up highlighted for me). Kikimalou: I'll give the forumers a walkaround of the swellshark, sure, when next I'm photographing models. [EDIT 19.11.2013: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].]

Scott: Ha, you got her too! She's a very nifty figurine, isn't she? Probably my favourite non-skeletal Dinotales dino, actually - an intriguing species, lively restoration and skilful engineering.

Carola: I'll try to dig up that site, although I wouldn't hold my breath for it - it was rather an old one. If my memory serves me correctly, though, it can be found through the comment discussions in a post or two on the Pedigree Dogs Exposed blog. The place offers useful information about the dog breeding world overall. I recommend the documentary of the same name, as well - it illustrates the point far better, in fact, than do the supplementary blog texts. The thing should be mandatory viewing for anyone looking to purchase a "purebred" dog.

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:12 am

Here are some of my newcomers from the month or two I was away. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but here are most I've received. A big thank you to all who helped me get these treasures!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Leftmost a Safari Dinosaur Skulls Toob Triceratops; on the background a slightly damaged Kaiyodo Birdtales series 1 Bird's Nest Figure Collection (2004) Japanese paradise flycatcher; on the foreground Kaiyodo Birdtales series 1 Bird's Nest Figure Collection (2004) 10 red-flanked bluetail (thank you Jarda for these birds!); a Kaiyodo Tyrannosaurus skeleton from the Capsule Q Museum 2013 Tyrannosaurus 6-piece set (with a wee human skeleton underfoot for scale); next to him from the same set a Tyrannosaurus skull (with a human skull for scale); in the center a Safari Rainforest Toob Emerald Boa; in the foreground a Safari Desert Toob horned lizard (thank you Nando!); next to it a Britains knockoff alligator; above him his larger cousin, a Britains Ltd. 1972 crocodile (thank you Goatherder for both crocs!); background rightmost a Kaiyodo Capsule Aquarium 012 Humboldt penguin skeleton (Spheniscus humboldti); and rightmost an unidentified lizard (thank you again Nando!).

Does anyone happen to know the species/subspecies for the above crocodile & lizards? Or the make for the rightmost little lizard?

A Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Japanese Freshwater Fish set 08 Japanese fluvial sculpin; Yujin/Takara Tomy A.R.T.S Aquarium Fish In Colour/Aquarium Golden Fish Series 02 secret figure, panda telescope eye goldfish; Takara Tomy A.R.T.S 3-D Capsule Encyclopedia National Museum of Nature and Science / 2011 Tokyo Dinosaur Expo 8-piece set Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton, secret brown version.

Safari Lipizzan stallion (in a halter I cooked up quick) and Schleich Hanoverian stallion. Thank you Carola!

Leftmost background a Wing Crown spitz (thank you Nando!); leftmost foreground an AAA Boxer pup (thank you Goatherder!); center background a Schleich Husky & Great Dane; center foreground the porcelain Hagen-Renaker miniatures Rottweiler and Basset (a thank you to Taos for all these "center dogs"!); big old 1960's Lomonosov porcelain German Shepherd; and the king of them all, a tiny repainted lapdog, a wonderful gift from Nando (thank you!).

Some individual pictures and details:
(The flycatcher's nest.)

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:53 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:22 am

Wow, what a treasure trove! Congrats.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
beautiful addition lea... specially "Skulls"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:30 am

Thanks, you both! I like the skulls, too. The t-rex one is even hinged so the mandible is movable:

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:05 am

Wow, great additions Lea! I love the Lomonosov Shepherd, I've seen him on eBay a few times and have been tempted, but he's quite a biggin isn't he?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:16 am

Bunches of beauties cheers 

Those little birds are fantastic ! And the fish ! And the...all are beautyful Applause 

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 am

Quite a new type of herd the little horsies had to face when hitting Finland affraid cheers Wink 

Lovely halter for the Lipizzan, he is now in the Danish colours sunny - or Japaneese tongue

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:22 am

Thank you all for the lovely comments! The Lomonosov Schäfer is indeed majestically big - a little over 22cm long. Doesn't sound like much, but the dog's as long as a soup ladle, and about as heavy..

Carola wrote:
Quite a new type of herd the little horsies had to face when hitting Finland affraid cheers Wink 
I didn't dare put them in the horsey herd I have - instead of other species, they would have had to face missing limbs, faces and ears by the dozen. Perhaps when I have at least one custom horse successfully put back together, your two will have a same-species herdmate.

Carola wrote:
Lovely halter for the Lipizzan, he is now in the Danish colours sunny
That's sort of what I was thinking of when I picked the colour. Cool

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:28 am

Very, very nice additions you have there, congrats!! Love the triceratops skull and the great Dane :3

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:34 am

Big congratulations wonderful additions, especially the Kaiyodo birds.Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause  Can you share please closer pics of the lizard on the right side question 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 am

Thank you both! I'll snap closer shots of the lizard as soon as I get back home from work.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Congrats! I love the penguin skeleton and the basset hound. cheers The t-rex skull is huge Shocked compared to the human's. Shocked

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Very very nice newcomers, especially Kaiyodo Bird Tales! Congrats! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Thank you for the comments! The rex skull is indeed massive, and the forces the structure was able to generate are quite something too. The tyrannosaurus had 30-centimetre teeth and a bite force approximately equal to the weight of a grown elephant. Not much skeleton Jack there beside him might have done about that, I guess.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Great figures and very diversified. Very Happy
I hope someone can help you with the crocs, I am useless with this kind of creatures. Wink
Hmmm, I don't know if I like to know that the STS official distributor of crocs is called goatherder. Evil or Very Mad Laughing Very Happy

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:30 pm

Thank you, Roger! A good number of crocs do seem to issue forth from Phil's vaults, yes. Perhaps he's keeping the goats all to himself, eh?

widukind wrote:
Can you share please closer pics of the lizard on the right side question 
Here we are, he and a fellow he came with:

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 am

Wonderful new additions Lea! I love the T-rex Kaiyodo set. I have the skeleton but not the skull. I think I have to get it now.

The penguin skeleton is awesome.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:44 am

The lizards are great, what brand are they?:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:35 pm

widukind wrote:
The lizards are great, what brand are they?:-)
Well here's a late and relatively useless reply (sorry, Andreas - I only noticed your question now!): I'm afraid I've no info on their make. The yellow one is unmarked, but the greenish does have 'S.H. CK MADE IN CHINA 3' stamped on its belly. Both came from the wonderful Nando in Indonesia, if that's any help.

Now. I received a massive, heavy package in the mail today. (Alright, the weight was mainly sculpting epoxy, but still. The rest of the contents require some gravitas.) In that package were some of the best figurines I've ever received, and one in particular I've been doing mental handstands and quite audible whoops and hurrahs about for some months now. No, I won't show it yet. Group pictures first:

Colorata whale shark, manta ray, cats galore and wee AAA shepherd are courtesy of Philipp (PeGe) - thank you! Shown are also a Papo running rex and Kaiyodo Aquatales - Enoshima Aquarium Bathynomus doederleini, which is now my favourite Kaiyodo by far. (Come on, it's a gigantic isopod doing an aquatic cartwheel on a bottle cap. And it's giving its viewers the evil eye while at it!)

CollectA Clydesdale stallion & Papo caribou. The former turned out to be utterly huge! Perhaps it's only right, given his breed, but really, he's nearly two CollectA Hafling horses tall! His right hind leg and amusingly narrow head (the muzzle on my copy is, puzzlingly, broader than its brow..) make him a fixer-upper, but he was headed for repainting anyways and should make a handsome old gelding one day. The caribou isn't too shabby either - I'm pleasantly surprised by how accurate the details on it are. Some of its proportions are a bit off, but that's all fixable - the figure will likely become a Finnish forest reindeer custom. Certainly it is getting some new paint on.

And here's the real gem, right there in the middle! The reclining Neapolitan mastiff is an original sculpture our Deseo was kind enough to create just for me, from scratch - paint, collar and all! Isn't he grand? I've never been as excited about a model as I am with this one. I'll create a topic just for him for me to rave on about in the Homemade models section once I get some decent photographs taken - but for now, I can offer the below tasters. Accompanying the regal mastiff in the above picture are the new and very dapper Papo Dane, the surprisingly (or at least relatively) unexaggerated Country Artists Best in Show Basset Hound, a keen AAA bowing shepherd, TOPPS Precious Puppies 07 Bull terrier 'Spike' and a tiny China/AMSCAN molosser.

Detail shots, Deseo's neo first, others after:

That was the parcel day of the decade, for me! So many excellent models, (new epoxy to play around with,) new favourite Kaiyodo, and - best of all - that gem of a Neapolitan! I'm humbled to be able to own such an excellent - and literally unique! - sculpture, and will create a dedicated thread later for more views of him. I want to thank Deseo for creating him, and for most of the other figurines as well, actually - they came from her in a trade. Thank you also PeGe for the feline frenzy, surprise shepherd and superb sharks. If you, reader, got this far with my blathering, I thank you - I hope you too were able to feel some of my enthusiasm for these marvellous newcomers!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed May 07, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected the gender on the Collecta Clyde)
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:44 pm

Fantastic newcomers! The mastiff is indeed really good, those eyes, so dreamy and comfy Very Happy
And those cats must be very brave, riding on such a big and dangerous T-Rex!  Laughing 
Feel some of your enthusiasm? I felt it a lot!

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Beautiful new additions! cheers cheers The mastiff is absolutely amazing, big congratulations!

Do you have any information on the Country Artists brand? I found a few and I'm trying to get rid of them. sunny

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:39 am

Your enthusiasm is evident in your comments and it is always interesting to read your posts. Anytime you do it I feel like reading a magazine expertized in animal toy figures. cheers
Congratulations for all your additions and really great work from Emilia. Looking forward to see your thread dedicated to it. Very Happy

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:26 am

wow Lea... what a great addition... i just love your T-REX  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:07 am

Wow these are fabulous additions Lea!! I love Emilia's custom, beautiful.
That basset hound is gorgeous, I've been quite impressed by some of the Country Artist best in Show.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next