Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari ltd. 2012 figurines

Go down 
+53
pm64
orcagirl26
crow
Netta_Rufina
bmathison1972
MARTINLATIN
remrock02
Suebeedo
SeanieP
Ana
sphyrna18
Andy DC
robertelephant
Sumo
Vivien
Deseo
dlfrogman
Tyler Loew
alexmotoc
smithyboy
WILLYBACOMAN
Rio
NilsFantasyFreak
ezhilan
ze_neto
spikesilkenwolf
Mastiffcat
Tupolew Tu-154
Numa
widukind
pachyrhinosaurus
joaovinicius16
SommoDracorex
ken yeo
Joan Milelire
signatus
Kiryuha
Sapphire
Roger
K907
SUSANNE
m.davis.15
STORMnl
Sergey
Cyhyraeth
skysthelimit
MartinH
baltimore zoo
SyLoBe
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
Silver Unicornis
Wildheart
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:32 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Another sable???? Shocked cheers

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Definetively is the year of the sable Laughing Laughing Laughing
anyway, do you think that these models are all releases for 2012? they're few, isn't it?

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm a bit disappointed... there aren't many additions, and the Safari Sable can't compete with Mojo and CollectA.

sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:56 pm

skysthelimit wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive, I guess haha. It was requested on their FB page, and I guess they decided to do it. I remember it was requested, coz I was one of quite a few who did request it. I also requested a Blacktip Reef Shark, as did others. Back in like January 2010, I requested a Bobcat, American Badger, Bull Shark, and Capybara - as did others, I'm sure - and lo' and behold: 2011 saw all of those released. I think Safari takes a lot of our suggestions, they just don't publicly announce which ones they are pursuing.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:57 pm

SommoDracorex wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed... there aren't many additions, and the Safari Sable can't compete with Mojo and CollectA.

Suspect
Sorry, I disagree about the Sable. It may not be better than either of them, but it looks to be entirely on par with them. We won't know for sure until we get them in hand, but I wouldn't discount Safari quite so quickly.

I do concur, though, that there aren't many additions. Not sure if more are to come or if this is it. Pretty paltry offering if this is it. confused
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:12 pm

That's the only comment I can do now!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:16 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive, I guess haha. It was requested on their FB page, and I guess they decided to do it. I remember it was requested, coz I was one of quite a few who did request it. I also requested a Blacktip Reef Shark, as did others. Back in like January 2010, I requested a Bobcat, American Badger, Bull Shark, and Capybara - as did others, I'm sure - and lo' and behold: 2011 saw all of those released. I think Safari takes a lot of our suggestions, they just don't publicly announce which ones they are pursuing.

LOL I remember you requested the Blacktip Reef Shark (nice figure btw, lol my first reaction was did they re-do the crocodile shark, because of the paint scheme seems similar). Although I love the new dragons, the bean plant growth set, the WW Black Bear, etc, I'm actually disappointed with the sealife only one animal (I don't even want to count the mini figures). I had wish they at least did an oarfish figure (that's an incredible creature!).
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:29 pm

I don't believe it, another Sable! He doesn't look as nice as Mojo's and CollectA's, I wonder if Papo will release one too study Laughing

So the wolf was WW!
I love the chipmunk and bunny, so cute!

I don't think much of the barn owl, it's not the sculpting, but the paintwork isn't very good.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Ooh I just want to add the eastern cotttontail rabbit baby and eastern chipmunk baby are SO CUTE! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Ughhhh....that's all? We knew all of them already exept for the sable, shark and farm animals. What was the big secret???? I am very disappointed. Safari fell even more on my favourite brands list... It seems Papo and CollectA are the only ones willing to impress. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Year of the Sable! What a Face
I'm happy to see white tailed deers family. Another Sable is funny news but quality isn't as good as Mojo and CollectA, especially paint job Rolling Eyes I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it for my collection scratch Suspect
So only deer family for me, this year, from Safari Ltd as it seems Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
K907

K907

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Wildheart wrote:
Ughhhh....that's all? We knew all of them already exept for the sable, shark and farm animals. What was the big secret???? I am very disappointed. Safari fell even more on my favourite brands list... It seems Papo and CollectA are the only ones willing to impress. Sad

I think there might be more, there's an exotic theropod for the Carnegie Collection that has yet to be revealed. I even commented on fb telling them if the shark is the only new sealife (I don't count the minis), then that's just disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:52 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I don't believe it, another Sable! ... I wonder if Papo will release one too study Laughing
Yeah, and Bullyland as well! Wink One will be able to make a decent herd out of them.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:57 pm

I think all three Sables look good. I'm not sure why it is that everyone is hating on Safari's except that it was the last to debut. The paint job looks good to me. Nice and sharp. Safari's image is a promo - meaning that it looks like it has the "catalog shine", and the CollectA and Mojo sables are pics of the figures themselves, so I think that next to each other, the three will look pretty similar. Maybe someone can offer something more conclusive than "it's not as good as CollectA's". Seriously, the paint job on all three looks similar. Safari's appears to be more black, while the other two seem to be charcoal. But considering that a sable's coat pattern isn't complex, and all three companies got the pattern right, how on Earth is "the paint job" better on one over another. Even if these figures come out glossy - and I'm not saying they will - that's still not incorrect, considering that I've seen real sables with "glossy" coats.

I'm buying all three, if for no other reason than I requested it from Safari and Mojo, both of whom delivered. Since so many people wanted a Sable badly enough to actually request it from every company under the sun, I don't know that bashing their efforts to appease will result in those companies taking future requests. In other words, perhaps we stop looking the gift horse in the mouth.

Just my $.02. geek
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:01 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:

I'm sure some people requested the sable and lots of other figures and I'm also sure that the same happened in previous years. we receive many requests of species to tell Mojo to do. That's the most interesting excuse I've heard here. Nobody requested a sable in 2010 or in any other year? Why people suggested a sable if it was already public that Mojo would release one? scratch
One thing is for sure, brands really hear collectors, the sable was a choice from STS to Mojo Fun a long time ago and we have many sables in 2012. The only not hearing until now it was Schleich, but that brand lives very well without us! :) I'm happy indeed with it. It looks Mojo Fun created a little revolution in the market even it is only starting and it was very nice for us collectors! Brands are changing their way of thinking and that's very nice. "2012, even with a negligible performance from the most popular brand, it's surely the most exciting year of the last decade!
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:01 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Roger wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:

I'm sure some people requested the sable and lots of other figures and I'm also sure that the same happened in previous years. we receive many requests of species to tell Mojo to do. That's the most interesting excuse I've heard here. Nobody requested a sable in 2010 or in any other year? Why people suggested a sable if it was already public that Mojo would release one? scratch
One thing is for sure, brands really hear collectors, the sable was a choice from STS to Mojo Fun a long time ago and we have many sables in 2012. The only not hearing until now it was Schleich, but that brand lives very well without us! :) I'm happy indeed with it. It looks Mojo Fun created a little revolution in the market even it is only starting and it was very nice for us collectors! Brands are changing their way of thinking and that's very nice. "2012, even with a negligible performance from the most popular brand, it's surely the most exciting year of the last decade!

Sorry, I requested a Sable from Safari in January 2010, and again in early 2011. Mojo didn't even exist the first time I "suggested" Safari make a Sable. And I wasn't the only one, as I saw others who had posted their requests. In fact, I almost didn't request the Sable from them because I had seen it requested numerous other times on their FB pages.

I particpated in last year's Mojo STS request.

Maybe Safari copied Mojo, but maybe they did my request. I'll happily take credit for their producing a Sable if it's agreed upon that no one else requested that they do it. Copying Mojo? Nah. they made their Sable for me, thank you. cheers cheers cheers king

So quit dissing MY Sable! sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:21 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
[quote="
Sorry, I requested a Sable from Safari in January 2010, and again in early 2011. Mojo didn't even exist the first time I "suggested" Safari make a Sable. And I wasn't the only one, as I saw others who had posted their requests. In fact, I almost didn't request the Sable from them because I had seen it requested numerous other times on their FB pages.

I particpated in last year's Mojo STS request.

Maybe Safari copied Mojo, but maybe they did my request. I'll happily take credit for their producing a Sable if it's agreed upon that no one else requested that they do it. Copying Mojo? Nah. they made their Sable for me, thank you. cheers cheers cheers king

So quit dissing MY Sable! sunny

I agree with you! Laughing What is too obvious there's no needing to explain! Wink
Could you please tell Safari to make a Kikimalou for me? monkey bounce bounce A Macaca nigra?
It was you who requested Schleich polar bears? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Safari LTD 2012 preview of pics!   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Bizzoblaze1155 on Laughing Giraffe was kind enough to post this link to the Safari LTD 2012 line up.

My thoughts:

Big improvement on deer family
Sable is good but Mojo Funs' I think will be better.
I like the mini eagles so I can make them african fish eagles and better size for my animals!
Like the wolf

other comments?

Shawn

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:25 pm

Who did the first sable ? it's the kind of question without a serious answer. A sable antelope is a collectors wish for years. it really doesn't matter IMHO.

I'm very happy 2012 is the year of the sable as 2010 was the year of the Malayan tapir. Those animals were very common in the past brand and it's great they are coming back; It's great also to see okapis, yacks, eland... It is great news for us.

SAFARI ltd listened collector choices, COLLECTA asked us to chose a sable and finally will produce two and MOJO FUN built a STS contribution sable. drunken Ro... Crocobert is right 2012 will be a fantastic year for collectors... If we still have enough money then Laughing

I will buy allllll the 2012 sables because I was waiting for so long, I will buy them because those companies are making some of our wishes, I will buy them because they are all good even if I know one better than the others... I will buy all of them because it's impossible for me to miss one.

nothing to do with the sable but I want to thanks CollectA for the RED RIVER HOG. Maybe the others could do something for 2013 bounce bounce bounce Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Roger wrote:

I agree with you! Laughing What is too obvious there's no needing to explain! Wink
Could you please tell Safari to make a Kikimalou for me? monkey bounce bounce A Macaca nigra?
It was you who requested Schleich polar bears? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

monkey Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:13 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
...Safari's image is a promo - meaning that it looks like it has the "catalog shine", and the CollectA and Mojo sables are pics of the figures themselves....
That's an important remark, by the way! Catalog pics are so often rather far from reality...
Roger wrote:
2012, even with a negligible performance from the most popular brand, it's surely the most exciting year of the last decade!
You're right! In 2007 & 2009 Schleich offered very attractive line-ups, in 2009 - Safari (three WoW birds!), but other brands were not very impressive at that time. And next year there'll be an unseen variety! rendeer cheers

Last edited by Kiryuha on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari ltd. 2012 figurines
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next