Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals made in 3D by miniNature

Go down 
+45
Roger
widukind
miniNature
arafan
NightLioness
Wilorvise
Noémi
stecal
MiniZoo
koniminiatures
Geospiza fortis
AlienMantis
Sartje
donny ong
Miss Jane
lucky luke
Elephants Rule
Tyler Loew
Elros Alvar
Florian
LeeAnn
AlopexLagopus
Joan Milelire
mreyder
scot(t)
Philter4
aandmkw
pm64
stef1000
kudu11
Taylcoel
runfromturtles
AlvinCK
Yurumi
bjarki12
carlysulli
MartinH
JonasV
cattlecollector
STORMnl
HKHollinstone
Sergey
SyLoBe
Fisva
SUSANNE
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
miniNature

miniNature

Country/State : Netherlands

Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Thanks Silvia!

I'm afraid it'll not be possible for me this weekend for releasing te Dik-Dik. I've got an invitation for pitching a TV program idea I've devised and on the same day I've an internship job application at that company. It's very important for me to do it well, so I need my freetime in this weekend. I'll let you know when I'll release the finished Dik-Dik.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:00 pm

miniNature wrote:
Thanks Silvia!

I'm afraid it'll not be possible for me this weekend for releasing te Dik-Dik. I've got an invitation for pitching a TV program idea I've devised and on the same day I've an internship job application at that company. It's very important for me to do it well, so I need my freetime in this weekend. I'll let you know when I'll release the finished Dik-Dik.

dont hurry sunny sunny

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 am

miniNature wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Then I hope you will add some fur texture like this one Very Happy

Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 3259541021_11781e4949_z
Photo made by Wild Dogger. More animal pics HERE

I think you're right, but I'll show you the model in the program I'd made him. (I've not changed anything yet):

Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Progrespic09

You can see some structure here, but that structure is hidden on the white renders. So I think I must do it for my feeling overdone, so it'll be good for 3D printing.

Even on this pic, I think some part of the animal need more fur texture, the kind you made for the top of the head. I think at least about the hind thighs, the line at the bottom between the front and back legs...

miniNature wrote:
Thanks Silvia!

Good luck then cheers
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:55 pm

So, the busy time is behind me, so I had some time to improve the Dik Dik model. This is the new model with a rougher skin, more sphere-shaped eyes and small points of dew claws. Hope you'll like it. I think he's tomorrow on my site. When there's still at some point improvement needed, let me know.

Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Dikdik3

aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:34 pm

These are amazing. Very interesting technique. Have you actually printed any yet? I would be interested in seeing what they look like as an actual figure.

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:20 pm

The dik dik is progressing nicely, I especially like the head sculpting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:48 am

elephas_maximus wrote:
The dik dik is progressing nicely, I especially like the head sculpting.

Thanks Andrew!

aandmkw wrote:
These are amazing. Very interesting technique. Have you actually printed any yet? I would be interested in seeing what they look like as an actual figure.

Thanks! Sadly, my money is still in the red marks, so I don't have enough money yet to buy my own models. I hope to start in June with a new job, so I hope to have this summer my own models for the first time in my hands. But I think I can show you in a few days some pictures of the two giraffes in 1:45. Someone of an other forum will show some pictures I can post here. And Andrew recently showed his amazing printed elephant in his topic! That model is also beautiful painted!

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:33 am

miniNature wrote:

Thanks! Sadly, my money is still in the red marks, so I don't have enough money yet to buy my own models. I hope to start in June with a new job, so I hope to have this summer my own models for the first time in my hands. But I think I can show you in a few days some pictures of the two giraffes in 1:45. Someone of an other forum will show some pictures I can post here. And Andrew recently showed his amazing printed elephant in his topic! That model is also beautiful painted!

I reduced the size of your pic Wink Some members can't see too big ones.

The fur is more interesting now and I have no more ideas for improvement scratch I hope you will upload it in different scales, at list 1:20 and 1:15.

Too bad to heard you still don't have your own production, I hope it will change soon for you.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:29 am

Congratulations, great improvement! Very lovely dik dik Very Happy I think I will want to buy it too bounce

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am

And what does the dikdik? Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Ana wrote:

Congratulations, great improvement! Very lovely dik dik I think I will want to buy it too

Thanks Ana!

widukind wrote:

And what does the dikdik? Very Happy

I think he's standing Razz

Kikimalou wrote:
miniNature wrote:

I reduced the size of your pic Wink Some members can't see too big ones.

The fur is more interesting now and I have no more ideas for improvement scratch I hope you will upload it in different scales, at list 1:20 and 1:15.

Too bad to heard you still don't have your own production, I hope it will change soon for you.

Thanks for resizing Christophe! I'll make my new pictures smaller. Different scales are possible. I can make every scale of the model, provided that the smallest parts like the ears meet the requirements of Shapeways. I think 1:20 and 1:15 are possible. And yes, it's pity I can't buy my own models yet.. Student life is to expensive Razz . But very likely in June I start with a internship, so more money is not far away.

I was still not satisfied with the fur of the Dik Dik, so this morning I've redesigned the fur. I'm far more happy with this one. Hope you all too!
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Progrespic12

Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:59 pm

He looks great, I can't wait until it is ready, I will buy him in 1:22 as soon as you put him up for sale!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:14 pm

miniNature wrote:
I was still not satisfied with the fur of the Dik Dik, so this morning I've redesigned the fur. I'm far more happy with this one. Hope you all too!

Sad(o)): cheers bounce You made my day Very Happy Exactly the furs I wanted to see king
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Good to here that you like it guys!

Here are 3 screens I'll use on my shop:
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Renderdikdik03
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Renderdikdik04
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Renderdikdik06

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 pm

miniNature wrote:
Good to here that you like it guys!

Here are 3 screens I'll use on my shop:
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Renderdikdik03
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Renderdikdik04
Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Renderdikdik06

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:13 pm

:) He is finally released! Here you can find him.

He's in my regular scales 1:12 and 1:22. I've also released him in the requested scales 1:15 and 1:20.
One thing about the 1:20 and 1:22 scales. Some parts are a little bit doubtful with the requires of Shapeways. Some parts are very thin, but first I don't want rescale the ears and horns, because I like models with realistic proportions, so I've uploaded this version on Shapeways. Now, when someone order one of these, someone of Shapeways decides if the model can be print well, or if he think the model is to fragile, I'll get a mail of Shapeways to rescale it. The customer get also a mail and he can decide to buy the rescale version or don't pay, so there will no problem there. :) I hope Shapeways think the 1:22 model is okay, so this model still have so this model keep the correct proportions.

Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:57 am

Thank you!!! I just ordered mine!!!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:10 am

Philter4 wrote:
Make sure to share some pictures when you get him! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:42 am

The new fur is a great improvement, it adds a lot more realism than your old texture. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:48 am

I like new fur better too Very Happy Congrats! Sad(o)):

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Philter4 wrote:

Me too Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Not good news for the Kirks Dik-Dik, at the moment are problem with the figurine so that they cant send Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 am

widukind wrote:
Not good news for the Kirks Dik-Dik, at the moment are problem with the figurine so that they cant send Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Yes Sad I've got the message too. I was afraid for, but there was not only a problem with the ears and horns, but Shapeways thinks also the legs are a problem. I though the thickness must be above 0,3 mm, but for things like legs they use 0,8 mm, so the only model that meets the requirements is the 1:12 Dikdik Sad I think it's not an option for rescale only the legs and ears, because the proportions will be very strange Sad Sorry for you two who tried to buy.

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:37 am

Well I hope someone buys the 1:12 version. It is a very reasonable size (2 inches high and 2 inches long, approximately), and seems to be priced reasonably too. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the figure by STS members! Nice work by miniNature (or, Stijn)!!
Back to top Go down
miniNature

miniNature

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:01 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Well I hope someone buys the 1:12 version. It is a very reasonable size (2 inches high and 2 inches long, approximately), and seems to be priced reasonably too. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the figure by STS members! Nice work by miniNature (or, Stijn)!!

Thanks Scott! Yes, the price can be near to the 1:22 model, because it was effective to make the body of the 1:12 Dik-Dik hollow. The 1:22 was so thin it was not realy functional, so the weight of material is nearly the same.
I was really disappointed the 1:22 was not possible. My plan was make a 1:22 African diorama when I've enough money, so I'm sad my Dik-Dik can't make part of it. Maybe I'll make a new plan.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals made in 3D by miniNature   Animals made in 3D by miniNature - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals made in 3D by miniNature
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next