Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

Go down 
+38
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
JonasV
Carola
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
sauroid
Wilorvise
Noémi
Fisva
scot(t)
skysthelimit
goatherder
Silver Unicornis
Phexedrine
Dutch Bear
DaveScriv
arafan
Shanti
ken yeo
lucky luke
jarda
Florian
Elros Alvar
PeGe
blackdanter
Bloodrayne
Katty
Cyhyraeth
NandO
Liiolii
Sumo
Chris Sweetman
Tiermann
Ana
HKHollinstone
Taos
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Thank you Paige & Florian!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptySat May 10, 2014 7:07 am

Eeeek  affraid  I missed alll these fabulous news  Sleep 
Those fish are absolutely stunning ! Each one is a little wonder, - but together this crowd is stunning  affraid 

Tex's halter is awesome ! How you make these tiny things so perfect is completely beyond me  Shocked 

Thankyou for these fantastic photoes. I am surely going back again and again to enjoy  bounce Applause 

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Thank you, Susanne! That longhorn I got from you is the pride of my cattle herd now. He rather stands out in the crowd of meek Friesians and Simmentals, the exotic beast he is.. And I couldn't leave Tex without a bit of bling - he's a flashy fellow, after all.. The halter's far from perfect, though - but perhaps practice makes ..better? More irritated? Cross-eyed, at least?  Laughing 

I think the fish are really cool, too, and look most neat in groups. So much colour! Odd shapes! Interesting ethologies and evolutionary paths! As with that longhorn, I am very grateful to the folks who helped me come by those fish.

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:39 am

Well, I'm back again, after another bout of absence. Let's play catch up:

Earlier in the summer, I got these beauties all the way from the US from Paige, who went to a lot of trouble hunting them down for me. Thank you very much for your help, Paige! I never thought I'd be able to find the Little Busters cows, but here they are, doing a spot of mountain climbing with the re-released Schleich Angus bull and new Spanish bull.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Of course I had to craft a silly little halter for each:

I was also able to get the new Kaiyodo Microcosmos set of planktic organisms (from left to right protozoan Euglena gracilis; gazami crab (Portunus trituberculatus) larva; spear squid (Loligo bleekeri) paralarva; fairy shrimp (Branchinella kugenumaensis) female; common water flea (Daphnia pulex)) as well as the secret Noro giant water flea (Leptodora kindtii) and set-exclusive non-albino rock catfish (Silurus lithophilus) from the 2014 Capsule Q Museum Animals of Japan part 5 - Lake Biwa set. The Noro is apparently the largest animal gashapon Kaiyodo have produced. One can see its internal organs through its carapace - the species is famous for being so transparent it's nearly impossible to detect in the wild but for the shadow it casts.

Similarly, the Noro's main prey, the Daphnia and the Euglena of the Microcosmos set have had their internal organs and organelles made observable by having half of their respective carapaces and pellicles created removable. Like so:

Moving on to slightly larger beasts again, here's a draught horse resin by Lynn Fraley, sent to me (as a surprise gift, no less..!) and customized by a friend abroad; a CollectA Tennessee Walking Horse I've been resculpting on and off for so long that it feels like a new model to me too now that I've finally got it ready for paint (which is my excuse for including it in the shot); the Jean Höfler nanny goat Anna sent me a while back that I forgot to include last; and a handsome Britains Ltd. deer from Phil. Thank you to all of you for these (and myself for getting my act together with that TWH, finally..)!

Going larger yet, in species if not model size, here are more Britains cattle (and one endearing Britains copy) from Phil, plus a lone Schleich Holstein bull I picked up on my travels:

And, finally, the last of the figurine backlog - a Chinese dobermann amputee; a very ill if well sculpted CF Pet Puzzle bulldog; a Britains gnu I got from Taos a while ago already but neglected to include before (thank you, Taos!); a splendid Invicta Triceratops from Phil again; plus the new, scrawny Schleich crocodile baby.

Lastly, some individual shots and a random altogether one (because yay, I got new plants and tools, too!):

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:32 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Very nice additions, Lea! I think those cows are great cyclops Hurray for Paige!
And the horses, wow I just love them! And I guess Carola love specially the drafter too Very Happy 
Congartulations on your excellent newbies!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Congratulations Lea!!! affraid  Cool  I really love your halters as always, Smile  they are not silly, it give something special to the figures Smile 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Congrats on all of your newbies! The cattle look especially happy.  Very Happy cheers 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Thank you for the comments, Jonas, Álvaro and Paige!

Elros Alvar wrote:
I really love your halters  as always, Smile  they are not silly, it give something special to the figures Smile 
That is very kind of you to say - and it is sort of why I create the accessories, I guess; in a mildly infantile expression of appreciation for each figurine. "Welcome, new addition - here's something just for you!" Also, they're just fun to make, of course, and oft help me dodge work awhile.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Congratulations! I love the AR, and your TWH CM. And that Euglena is awesome! I'm a biology geek, and that kind of stuff really interests me. Very Happy

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:50 am

Thanks, LeeAnn! I, too, am rather into Euglena & co. there - if more with a layman's wonder than actual, knowledgeable geekdom. In the two little tanks in the background of the last picture I've for a long while now had two vigorous populations of Daphnia and miscellaneous Copepods going - the one with phytoplankton cultures supplying their main nutrition, the other supplemented from the outside. Now with the Kaiyodo models, I've been spending silly amounts of time staring at the little buggers trying to distinguish organs and functions. If only they kept still for a moment!

With my enthusiasm renewed by the models now, I've even been pondering on starting another culture of fairy or even clam shrimp, too. Both have proven fiddly, fiddly keepers, though, so I suspect it might be better for all concerned if I just stuck to marveling at my model version of the Branchinella..

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:43 am

Well, I definitely wouldn't claim to be a knowledgeable bio geek. Laughing Very cool you have your own little ecosystem thriving in your own home. Very Happy

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:27 am

Congrats Lea !!!!
you always have rare additions !!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 6:52 am

Great to see you around again, Lea  cheers You have always very extradordinary additions  Very Happy 

koniminiatures wrote:

Of course I had to craft a silly little halter for each:

That is one nifty halter - makes him look really badass  Cool ! Maybe someting like this can go for horses too  Wink 

jonesee wrote:

And the horses, wow I just love them! And I guess Carola love specially the drafter too Very Happy 

You are completely right Jonas  sunny That is a very lovely mold! I wish such beauties would also be seen in the more common plastic brands  bounce

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:26 am

OMG that's one fit bull indeed.Twisted Evil 
I am just now starting to think about a new collection.... Bulls.
Big bad ass black bulls.  Embarassed 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 11:57 am

Carola wrote:

jonesee wrote:

You are completely right Jonas  sunny That is a very lovely mold! I wish such beauties would also be seen in the more common plastic brands  bounce

Wink Very Happy Very Happy sunny 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:21 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
Thank you for the comments, Jonas, Álvaro and Paige!

Elros Alvar wrote:
I really love your halters  as always, Smile  they are not silly, it give something special to the figures Smile 
That is very kind of you to say - and it is sort of why I create the accessories, I guess; in a mildly infantile expression of appreciation for each figurine. "Welcome, new addition - here's something just for you!" Also, they're just fun to make, of course, and oft help me dodge work awhile.
Yes, I also do objects and things for my favourite new additions,I have lot of fun with it. tongue 
but they really look beautiful with a halter,I love you I love you  I want to get more asap afro cheers 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Wow, Lea, there are too many things I'm bowled over by to comment on all of them. Fantastic new additions!! (That Britains Gnu is so lovely; it's always been one of my favorite Britains figures.)

I think the halters are actually kind of gorgeous. The one on the Schleich Spanish Bull is just lovely. Such a pleasure to look through these pictures. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 10:10 pm

Wow, I love the remake of the TWH you did. He needs a bigger photo shoot ! I still have the ASB remake you sold several years ago if you remember Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 11:47 pm

Lea, what a salade! Laughing Surely the triceratops looks the more delicious of them all with its pleasant vegetable appearance! Very Happy Actually I love it! Very Happy though, among all these great figures, I shouldn't tell you I am impressed with one of them but I really do! Shocked Your remake of CollectA TWH looks incredible, we must see more of it. I also feel, trhough your comments, that you know you performed a great work but you don't want to show your feeling... What a Face
I have that gnu and deer and I love them but now I am only interested in Tennessee derivatives! geek Very Happy

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Thank you all for the many comments! The Spanish bull is indeed a pretty badass sculpt, with or without the halter - I can only recommend starting a prospect bull collection with it, Dutch Bear!

Carola wrote:
That is one nifty halter - makes him look really badass  Cool ! Maybe someting like this can go for horses too  Wink 

Something like it can definitely go on horses, too, Carola. Actually, even that particular bull halter (plus all the other ones shown & the one below) are up for trades/sale ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone wants to bling up their beasts a bit. What a Face As for the Fraley resin.. well, we do have the very reasonable Deborah McDermott sculpts in the CollectA lines already, and Breyer has been increasingly using skilled equine artists (along with some blander choices, of course) for their mass-produced models' sculpts. It's a start, eh?

Álvaro, crafting tack for models is indeed surprisingly fun ..perhaps more fun than it should be for me, though; I have a bad habit of procrastinating by doing it. I magically start crafting halters instead of studying or doing real work once I'm seated at my desk. Incidentally, here's what I dodged work with today Rolling Eyes :

Phil - I too like that gnu a great deal! It's an astoundingly graceful and intricate sculpt for a "mere" childrens' toy. Thank you for your compliment on the halters - I'm glad you don't find them detracting from the models!

Phexedrine wrote:
Wow, I love the remake of the TWH you did. He needs a bigger photo shoot ! I still have the ASB remake you sold several years ago if you remember Wink
Thank you! I shall oblige your wish just below - but what is this I hear about an old ASB custom? I cannot for the life of me recall which one it might have been. I'd love to see what's become of it in your hands, though, if you have any photographs to show - you've got me quite curious now. I've been away from the forum awhile and don't recall you from before - so either I'm going senile proper, or you're maybe new(ish) on the forum? (In which case - hello, uh, again! Laughing ) I must have missed your collection/additions thread(s) if you've got such up. Have you perchance shown the CM ASB in one of those?

Roger wrote:
Your remake of CollectA TWH looks incredible, we must see more of it. I also feel, trhough your comments, that you know you performed a great work but you don't want to show your feeling... What a Face I have that gnu and deer and I love them but now I am only interested in Tennessee derivatives! geek Very Happy
Thank you for the kind words! Below are more shots of the poor blighter for your amusement. I wouldn't say I've done anything great with him, but perhaps less sloppily than my usual. He still needs to be cleaned up in a few areas; have custom cast weight shoes fitted on; and some additional veins and whisker bumps added - but other than that (and the lack of colour of course..), here he is:

The model has had its rubbery ears, legs & hips sculpted mostly anew; the back lengthened (by sawing the figurine in half completely & re-attaching); the original tail obviously replaced with a resculpted one tied-up and set (surgically cut into & bent double on itself - something done in the US for sheer fashion). Mid-customization, he looked like a spider-horse mutant:

When next you see him, he'll probably be all painted up already. It might take a while, but I'll post a few shots of him on the forum again once I have him finished.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:31 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 5:14 pm

The halter is awesome Shocked Shocked Oh and this guy here.. drunken Beautiful!

Back to top Go down
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 10:59 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
Phexedrine wrote:
Thank you! I shall oblige your wish just below - but what is this I hear about an old ASB custom? I cannot for the life of me recall which one it might have been. I'd love to see what's become of it in your hands, though, if you have any photographs to show - you've got me quite curious now. I've been away from the forum awhile and don't recall you from before - so either I'm going senile proper, or you're maybe new(ish) on the forum? (In which case - hello, uh, again! Laughing ) I must have missed your collection/additions thread(s) if you've got such up. Have you perchance shown the CM ASB in one of those?

The TWH is really wonderful, you have a feel of biomecanics that not a lot of people in the hobby have. Kudos seriously  Applause 
As for the ASB, it's a mare you started from a Rejoice model, actually I have her prepped and ready for oils, there's a picture of her in my work thread just before I finished her prep work :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You are of course credited as the main customizer of this lil gem. I bought her a few years ago, after seeing her on the Finnish model horse forum. I remember using google translate as I only speak French, English and a bit of German  Laughing The translation was epic in itself.

I tend to gravitate more in the French model horse community albeit coming over here sometimes as I collect other hoofed beast (cloven hoofed ones and surprinsingly now dogs and other animals who serve as props) so that is why you didn't remember me. Anyway I'm a big follower of your work and if you might have some custom work for sale, I'd be all ears.

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Amazing remake Lea!!!! Wow!! I love all the details and expression of this work  Applause Applause Applause 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:01 pm

It is really good! Very Happy Thanks for extra pictures and don't forget to share with us pictures when repainted, even if you take a long time to do it! Very Happy Wink

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 10:07 pm

I love this custom! All those details! I'd love to commission you one day, if you accept those of course Wink

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next