Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sbell's recent finds!

Go down 
+15
Tarunyada
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
barracudacat
Bloodrayne
Bowhead Whale
Saien
Roger
sbell
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
Wilorvise
widukind
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 8:04 am

Yes, it is working very well, Sean! Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
It is a lovely model , and I just love mine, because it was one of the first trades I got from a member of this forum . Very Happy
When I got it , I thought it was just a "funny fish", - how wonderful to realize how much I have learned from this forum cheers

Yes, I remember it very well, you very happy with the Monster of the Lake and Mihnea with a Icelandic horse. The topic is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] flower

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 10:07 am

Ohh, yes ! What happened to Mihnea ? He grew up, I suppose Suspect Laughing
------- fortunately I did not geek lol!

sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:40 pm

It's been a good week! And, assuming that I get the photos right...

After 3 years of waiting, I just received 3 handcast models from FaunaCasts, by Malcolm Mlodoch. A fantastic figure maker...but dreadfully slow.

But worth it!

First off--A full scale Ptilodus! This was first created for a diorama in the museum I ran, for a Paleocene scene. Then, I needed another for our hands-on stuff. That didn't happen, but he did send me one!

1[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
2[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next, some of his real, actually-available models...

A spotted hyena (told you, Roger!). Again, I am the first to have one of these (not sure how many there would be) but he has posted photos of it before.

And a real, one-of-a-kind gem, a short-faced bear, Arcotdus simus

As far as I know, I am the first one to see this finished model, and probably pne of the few that will own one!

(Again, I really hope these photos work. I have put two versions of each up--if you can see only one, please tell me if is is the one marked with a 1 or a 2. Then I will have solved the mystery forever! For now...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Here is your hyena, it is just incredible! cheers Oh, I also love the short-faced bear but the Ptilodus , life-sized, is something phenomenal. 3 years is not so long when the result is this one. Shocked
By the way, I see all pictures, 1 and 2 from all figures. Laughing

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 10:28 pm

These are amazing animals!  The Ptilodus in particular is a stunning piece.  He really does resemble an authentic museum sculpture.  I love the hyena and arctodus simus as well.  I look forward to seeing more of these fascinating prehistoric creatures.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 12:54 am

barracudacat wrote:
These are amazing animals!  The Ptilodus in particular is a stunning piece.  He really does resemble an authentic museum sculpture.  I love the hyena and arctodus simus as well.  I look forward to seeing more of these fascinating prehistoric creatures.

Well, the original is on display in a museum right now..mine is just the second copy!

The only other I have, from the same source, is a gar of a similar size!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 2:03 am

I can see both pictures of the Spotted Hyena.
Of the "Rat"  scratch  and Bear I see only pictures nr. 1.
Congratulations on these beauties.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 8:44 am

Well, it appears that method '1' is most consistent. At least now I know!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 2:18 pm

Wow !!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Quote :
Well, the original is on display in a museum right now..mine is just the second copy!

I remember you said you were a museum owner.  That has to be one of the most exciting jobs I can think of!  I would love to see pictures of your gar too if you have any.  It's actually one of my favorite fish species and I've been searching high and low for one for my own collection.  I'm really glad you were able to acquire another fantastic find such as this one.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 5:57 pm

barracudacat wrote:
Quote :

I remember you said you were a museum owner.  That has to be one of the most exciting jobs I can think of!  I would love to see pictures of your gar too if you have any.  It's actually one of my favorite fish species and I've been searching high and low for one for my own collection.  I'm really glad you were able to acquire another fantastic find such as this one.

Not to self-promote, but I'm totally going to self-promote!

I have pictures of all of my 'primitive fishes' in this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It includes all of my gars, including the museum one. And, as I say in there, not quite all of my 'primitives'. I've actually kind of let it get away from me...but I don't think I've missed any gars!

I also do have a few different gar for sale in my online store, all of the Replica Toy fish ones (3" and 6" Alligator and Longnose gars).

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Good news everyone! Thanks to Saarlooswolfhound, I now have the Yowies Pupfish! And it is a great figure!

And an extra gift--the fennec fox!!

Plus, this week has been extra fishy...

The Polypterus print from artist DW Miller (the file--I'll need to print it properly); a reed fish Erpetoichthys drawing from a friend on Facebook/Twitter; and the Yowies New Zealand Grayling thanks to help from Brett!

Grayling close up:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 1:20 pm

Congratulations, especially for the Yowie Grayling :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 1:21 pm

widukind wrote:
Congratulations, especially for the Yowie Grayling :)

Thanks, it's a nice little figure. Makes me want the real Yowies series to start up again.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 6:16 pm

Oh, one of these pupfish needed to find a way to you. Great that Paige managed it. Others are all very interesting and it is nice to see a fox in your additions. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 3:18 am

Yowies Pupfish! Congratulation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Yowies Pupfish! Congratulation Very Happy

Thanks--I was pretty happy to get it fairly quickly!

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 12:06 pm

These are wonderful new additions. I especially like the print and drawing you received. They'll make excellent additions to your fantastic fish collection.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 7:20 pm

I will say, I have had a very busy week with parcels coming in!

Not only did Southlands Replicas arrive (and of course I now have a couple for myself!--the Thylacine and the Thylacoleo) but I ordered a few other CollectA from MiniZoo at the same time. Since I can't get them here anyway...! So I added the mother thylacine, the Delxue Andrewsarchus, the 'standard' swimming Spinosaurus (I have the deluxe walking one already) and the Struthiomimus.

Plus, a Yujin Secret figures--the Dolly Varden! I will try to add that to the Yujin Wlakarounds at some point. And a Yujin 'Breeding Duty' Blue arowana fish tank. Of course, this one is actually for my daughter's playmobil Doll House. How can any house not have a fish tank? Especially one with a primitive fish like the arowana?

I also just finally gave in and got myself one of the Obscurus Mystriosuchus...had to!

Finally, a whole bunch of DeAgostini (and one Diramix?) figures. Most of the eels (two morays, one 'wolf eel' that is more likely a congrid or anguillid), the torpedo rays, the chimaera, the catfish, the Dinichthys, a whale shark...

Busy days for the post office! Plus, I still have a couple more slowly making their way here!

With thanks to Halichoeres, Brett, Brandon, Jason at Southlands Replicas...and the various companies that made these!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 12:56 am

Those are all awesome, big congrats. I love the sound especially, it took me some time to get used to the horizontal pose but it's grown on me quickly.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 2:16 am

A very nice bunch Very Happy Congratulation

The Yujin Dolly Varden Pop up at my eyes, I'm a bit nostalgic of this brand. I can't wait to see the walkaround.

I thought the Mystriosuchus was smaller, one more reason to buy one... Despite the shipping fees from Canada Laughing

What about the spinosaurus? Could you show a comparison pic with the Deluxe one?
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:35 am

Kikimalou wrote:
A very nice bunch Very Happy  Congratulation

The Yujin Dolly Varden Pop up at my eyes, I'm a bit nostalgic of this brand. I can't wait to see the walkaround.

I thought the Mystriosuchus was smaller, one more reason to buy one... Despite the shipping fees from Canada Laughing

What about the spinosaurus? Could you show a comparison pic with the Deluxe one?

I will try and get the photos in the next couple days!

And the Mystriosuchus is indeed a good size--I'm out for now, but more are on their way (along with most of the dish models...I am really low on those!)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 am

Phantastic additions !! Big congratulations :)

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 11:11 am

Kikimalou wrote:

I forgot to mention on this one--I hadn't realized what it was! For a secret, the price was decent. And, despite being a 'repaint' of their char, it is a different mold--the tail turns to the opposite side. And it has an incredibly striking paint job.

Plus, although a different subspecies, it is a sort-of local one for me, so it was also worth it. Not like many of their secrets, which are simple repaints.

(With one exception--there is a hybrid White-spot char x Masou salmon limited release that is soooo pretty. But I've never seen it for less than 10,000Yen and I won't pay that for a toy fish! It was released as a follow-up to purchasers of a Yujin box set that contained most of the other secret ones).

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Here you go--comparison of the two models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I just created a new thread for the comparison.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sbell's recent finds!
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next