Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sbell's recent finds!

Go down 
+15
Tarunyada
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
barracudacat
Bloodrayne
Bowhead Whale
Saien
Roger
sbell
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
Wilorvise
widukind
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:59 pm

sbell wrote:
pipsxlch wrote:
I kept African Butterflies for years, so I'm enjoying that one. They're neat fish; I kept them in more peaceful cichlid tanks with lots of water sprite. They were pretty long lived, good personalities, didn't look for trouble but didn't put up with it either.
Hey Sbell, did you see that line of Portuguese models Roger found with some interesting fish? Several freshwater ones that were intriguing.

I didn't see that. But now I'll have to find that!

I enjoy to see all the interest around these little figures I am only afraid I can't find as many as are being demanded. They're not cheap either.
You can see here the original package presentation.
In this link a big lot that was for sale but I don't know if all are Azur premium figures. :)
If you can identify them what I doubt once pics are not good enough, please provide me a list and I list these figures at the Wiki. Very Happy

p.s. if you can't open the pictures, you probably have to click in the word "aqui" in these pages. study

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
pipsxlch wrote:
I kept African Butterflies for years, so I'm enjoying that one. They're neat fish; I kept them in more peaceful cichlid tanks with lots of water sprite. They were pretty long lived, good personalities, didn't look for trouble but didn't put up with it either.
Hey Sbell, did you see that line of Portuguese models Roger found with some interesting fish? Several freshwater ones that were intriguing.

I didn't see that. But now I'll have to find that!

I enjoy to see all the interest around these little figures I am only afraid I can't find as many as are being demanded. They're not cheap either.
You can see here the original package presentation.
In this link a big lot that was for sale but I don't know if all are Azur premium figures. :)
If you can identify them what I doubt once pics are not good enough, please provide me a list and I list these figures at the Wiki. Very Happy

p.s. if you can't open the pictures, you probably have to click in the word "aqui" in these pages. study

Those are very cool--and I recognize some from sets I had as a kid, and later got again as an adult.

I would love to pester you for them, but I really only need--yes NEED--one of them, a figure I've never seen before--the Malapterus catfish. I have never seen one made by anybody! The striped fish above it would be cool too.

So, yeah, if you can hunt that down, that would be great--or at least point me in the right direction. I can always trade as well! I'm expecting a big lot of Yujin fish (with, yes, the carp) that will have a bunch of spares, for example!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Congratulation Sean for identifying a Malapterus catfish in the batch Applause

I can see a lot of models used by Prior in his fish series. You can watch them HERE Very Happy

If Malapterus catfish is the one called Silure, I can find it for less than 2€. Tell me if it could help.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 8:59 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I can see a lot of models used by Prior in his fish series. You can watch them HERE Very Happy

If Malapterus catfish is the one called Silure, I can find it for less than 2€. Tell me if it could help.

I don't miss much--especially that sort of thing!

That's definitely the one! Yes, please help me get one. Can you get others as well?  There are a few others that might be of interest.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!

Last edited by sbell on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

That's interesting and I remember seeing this page before. That's all so confuse, even Portuguese collectors of vintage premium figures are not able of determining with exactitude which figures belonged to each collection. This page about Prior helps actually. Very Happy
It also seems that Prior versions are more common than Azur figures so I am glad you can help Sean. Not easy at all to find Azur fish around and all the collectors I tried to contact haven't replied yet. I find some on auction websites but almost always Zoo figures and often between 3 and 5 Euros what I find expensive.
It seems Prior have no bird series neither dog series, isn't it Christophe? scratch

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:22 pm

sbell wrote:
That's definitely the one! Yes, please help me get one. Can you get others as well?  There are a few others that might be of interest.

I can try, tell me your list Very Happy

Roger wrote:

That's interesting and I remember seeing this page before. That's all so confuse, even Portuguese collectors of vintage premium figures are not able of determining with exactitude which figures belonged to each collection. This page about Prior helps actually. Very Happy
It also seems that Prior versions are more common than Azur figures so I am glad you can help Sean. Not easy at all to find Azur fish around and all the collectors I tried to contact haven't replied yet. I find some on auction websites but almost always Zoo figures and often between 3 and 5 Euros what I find expensive.
It seems Prior have no bird series neither dog series, isn't it Christophe? scratch

Prior never made the birds and dogs series an dit is really too bad. I agree they are easier to find and cheaper too so I hope I can help.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Looking at the Prior figures, I definitely have or had some repaint/recast versions, although not as nice. The ones I would want the most, like the Malapterus (Silure), I've never seen.

Although not of the same level, this is the sort of set we would now see from some of the Japanese companies!

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Interesting models all around; too bad they're so hard to find! I wonder if it would be worthwhile to try to pool and purchase a lot like Roger found to split?

It looks like the same molds were used, but there are so many more of the Azur ones. (and the ones I'm most interested in durnit! Laughing want the goldfish, freshwater angel and discus) Is that a pretty comprehensive listing of the Prior molds, or just what they had to sell?

Here is the link from Roger's previous post in the other thread again. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I asked Google to translate the Prior page, and many of the species are mislabeled IF it translated correctly. For instance, the 'guppy' is a modern Betta splendens/Siamese fighting fish. The prices are good though, my top two picks for only 3 Euro total! Very tempting!
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:35 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Interesting models all around; too bad they're so hard to find! I wonder if it would be worthwhile to try to pool and purchase a lot like Roger found to split?

It looks like the same molds were used, but there are so many more of the Azur ones. (and the ones I'm most interested in durnit! Laughing want the goldfish, freshwater angel and discus) Is that a pretty comprehensive listing of the Prior molds, or just what they had to sell?

Here is the link from Roger's previous post in the other thread again. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I asked Google to translate the Prior page, and many of the species are mislabeled IF it translated correctly. For instance, the 'guppy' is a modern Betta splendens/Siamese fighting fish. The prices are good though, my top two picks for only 3 Euro total! Very tempting!

More disturbing--the 'Balentio' is suppose to be a bala shark...I have two, and they don't like that. But the Labeo would be cool. And the Colissa. And yes, reasonable prices!

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:33 pm

Is a bala what Balentio is supposed to be?!? I couldn't make heads nor tails of that one, looks like it's a dolphin or something!
I like the red tail labeo also (was thinking of doing a custom one out of a gashapon) and the Colisa, though strictly speaking Pearl gouramis are Trichopodus genus not Colisa. At least they're recognizable and not waaAAay off in name. Could be the common name issue also. The Botia really jumped at me, looks more like a Hoplo cat. Some I'm not sure what they're supposed to be, or they don't look right, but I'm not sure of my translation and/or would like to see the figure better to judge.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:47 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Is a bala what Balentio is supposed to be?!? I couldn't make heads nor tails of that one, looks like it's a dolphin or something!
I like the red tail labeo also (was thinking of doing a custom one out of a gashapon) and the Colisa, though strictly speaking  Pearl gouramis are Trichopodus genus not Colisa.  At least they're recognizable and not waaAAay off in name. Could be the common name issue also. The Botia really jumped at me, looks more like a Hoplo cat. Some I'm not sure what they're supposed to be, or they don't look right, but I'm not sure of my translation and/or would like to see the figure better to judge.

I looked up Balentio in Google imagesand saw what fish images I could get--and that was the only one.

To me, the only vertebrate it actually matches is an ichthyosaur--pointed snout, single dorsal, paired flippers, vertical tail.

And yeah, I just like the pearl gourami--but for simplicity, I just used the name on the site. Also, agreed re: the botia/hoplo cat. A real botia would make me much happier.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:13 am

Kikimalou wrote:
sbell wrote:

I can try, tell me your list  Very Happy

Roger wrote:

Prior never made the birds and dogs series an dit is really too bad. I agree they are easier to find and cheaper too so I hope I can help.

Thanks Christophe, so I'll concentrate in these birds and see what I can find for reasonable prices to those interested. Maybe I can try also to get some fish missing in Prior collection. Prior are marked while Azur are not what turns things not so easy. Azur dogs are marked with breed what is a curious detail. Very Happy
Well Sean, we're a little off topic but now everything is more or less clearer. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:06 am

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
sbell wrote:

I can try, tell me your list  Very Happy

Roger wrote:

Thanks Christophe, so I'll concentrate in these birds and see what I can find for reasonable prices to those interested. Maybe I can try also to get some fish missing in Prior collection. Prior are marked while Azur are not what turns things not so easy. Azur dogs are marked with breed what is a curious detail. Very Happy
Well Sean, we're a little off topic but now everything is more or less clearer. Very Happy

That's okay--if it brings me more fish figures, I'm all good! Christophe, please let me know what ones are available (you can just PM me) and we'll go from there!

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:23 am

I haven't had much to add for a while--but it was a busy day with the postal service yesterday!

I Received a whole pile of stuff to end 2015! Almost everything came from Japan through Brett (Bmknj), except for the Paleo-Creature Pachycrocuta all the way from Spain via Jetoar!

It's very scattered but:

Favorite Megalodon & Archelon
Neko Works Greenland shark and Starry Smooth Hound shark (two of the latter)
Furuta Hypostomus
Kaiyodo ChocoQ Painted Frogfish with associated goby (any idea on the species, for those who have it?)
Kaiyodo Hokkaido Sakehaline tamien
Kaiyodo Deep sea Delafish (on Viperfish base--I seem to get a lot of those with different owners!)
Kaiyodo Paleozoic re-release Eusthenopteron, Bothriolepis, Pterygotus & opabinia
Kaiyodo Sendai Aquarium Wolffish
Nature Technicolor (Science Technicolor) Planarian on strap
22 Yujin Freshwater fishes, from Release I and II; with almost the right number of bases! Fortunately, almost all are doubles--but I did finally track down an elusive Carp figure, plus the gold Carassius auratus langsdorfii. So expect those walkarounds, plus a few comparison shots from various Series I & II that I can now pair up (loach, snakehead, flounder...I think that's them).
And...an empty Colorata Box (Marine Mammals). Because it was there, and I use them to stay organized...

And I still get to put everything together! Although I may leave some of the Yujins bagged in case other people might be looking--once I know what's there!

I also received the Jurassic World Blu-Ray box with T.rex and I.rex models (not pictured). Good models for a so-so movie.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:45 am

Getting even more Japanese! Shocked
Congratulations for such a diversified batch and it is great to know that we will have more interesting walk arounds from you. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 4:54 am

Roger wrote:
Getting even more Japanese! Shocked
Congratulations for such a diversified batch and it is great to know that we will have more interesting walk arounds from you. Very Happy

First I have to sort and work through everything! It's going to take me a while, I think!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:53 am

Phantastic additions, congratulations :) Can you please share closer pics from the Neko Work sharks :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Congratulations! That sure is a big lot Shocked

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 1:50 am

Just got some fishy goodies from France, thanks to Christophe (Kikimalou)! Mostly from PRIOR:

Some of the real gems:

Electric catfish:

Hoplo cat (?):

Pike cichlid?

Archerfish

A cool little fish that I can't quite name yet...

A characin of some kind that, agian, is escaping me right now:

A neat skate:

And a...something. I honestly have no idea on this one--possibly a deep-sea fish of some kind. It's more of a solid plastic than the others, like a Marx figure.

And, as a surprise, a neat little plastic hyena (of a brand I have to determine):

Any IDs are welcome, since PRIOR doesn't use name markings. And I have spares of some, so they may need new homes!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 8:58 am

Phantastic catches, i especially like the skate. It is Prior too?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 2:24 pm

Christophe is an expert finding figures and surely they found a fantastic place to live. I can't help identifying them and I think the best person to help you in this regard is the current owner. Laughing

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 2:59 pm

widukind wrote:
Phantastic catches,  i especially like the skate. It is Prior too?

I don't think so--it is made of a softer rubbery material, and there is a hole in the snout that appears to have been for a key chain or something at one time.

It is marked with words--PECHERIES and BOULANNAISSES but I don't know if that is meaningful as a brand or something.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:39 pm

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:

I don't think so--it is made of a softer rubbery material, and there is a hole in the snout that appears to have been for a key chain or something at one time.

It is marked with words--PECHERIES and BOULANNAISSES but I don't know if that is meaningful as a brand or something.

Thank you, very very interesting :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:25 pm

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:

It may be silly from me but it is probably an advertising keychain of Pecheries Boulonnaises, a French seafood market. Though, it needs to be Boulonnaises instead of Boulannaisses. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:

It may be silly from me but it is probably an advertising keychain of Pecheries Boulonnaises, a French seafood market. Though, it needs to be Boulonnaises instead of Boulannaisses. Very Happy

You are probably correct Roger--right down to the spelling! I added an 's'!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sbell's recent finds!
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next