Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sbell's recent finds!

Go down 
+15
Tarunyada
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
barracudacat
Bloodrayne
Bowhead Whale
Saien
Roger
sbell
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
Wilorvise
widukind
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 18:13

halichoeres wrote:
Beats paying $20 a pop from Italy, for sure...

Sure did! I hope you get your piranha soon (or already?)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 20:16

sbell wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

Oh, I did! On Monday, I believe. Forgot to tell you. After only a few short months, I've gotten every characoid species ever rendered in plastic, as far as I know. There aren't many, as it happens.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 23:01

halichoeres wrote:
sbell wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

Oh, I did! On Monday, I believe. Forgot to tell you. After only a few short months, I've gotten every characoid species ever rendered in plastic, as far as I know. There aren't many, as it happens.

It's depressingly easy to complete a collection like that...does that mean you were able to track down a Diramix (or is it DeAgosinti?) Hydrolycus? Because I would really like one of those!

Edit: It's in the DeAgostini Orke & Co [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also the Diramix Tigerfish would be nice...

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 23:34

Oh, I'd actually forgotten about that one. No, I don't have one, but knowing that the TFF one is in the offing (along with Hoplias and Colossoma), it doesn't feel terribly urgent. Once that set (Freshwater Freaks) is released, about 0.8% of characoid species will have plastic versions! (Unless some of those Prior things are identifiable tetras.)

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyThu 5 Apr 2018 - 1:52

halichoeres wrote:
Oh, I'd actually forgotten about that one. No, I don't have one, but knowing that the TFF one is in the offing (along with Hoplias and Colossoma), it doesn't feel terribly urgent. Once that set (Freshwater Freaks) is released, about 0.8% of characoid species will have plastic versions! (Unless some of those Prior things are identifiable tetras.)

Darn...because that would potentially give hope to find it!

But yeah, it would be better if TFF did it.

As for Prior...I don't think there is a single characin...except the headstander. Which I'm pretty sure is a headstander (as always, colours notwithstanding)

Unless there's a better ID for it...they aren't always obvious.

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyThu 5 Apr 2018 - 3:05

Oh, that does kind of look like a headstander, except it seems to lack an adipose fin? A common affliction of characin toys, it seems.

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyThu 5 Apr 2018 - 15:04

halichoeres wrote:
Oh, that does kind of look like a headstander, except it seems to lack an adipose fin? A common affliction of characin toys, it seems.

And for Prior in general, they all seem to be just a little 'off'. But at least it gives you another one to track down!

But they definitely ignored the whole order of chariciformes otherwise, which is annoying.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyFri 6 Apr 2018 - 0:42

Congratulations Sean! Tim is another big hunter of rare species. Well, one of the advantage of these DeAgostini is that we can choose the species we want. Laughing What the eel? Despite the not very common thematic of your collecting subject, it is great to see that there's always a way to increase your collection. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 21:24

Congratulations with this lovely fish. No matter what species it is, it is quite well made Very Happy

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: New Fish!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 18:54

SQUEEEE! Crocodile

They're here!

The new Ancient Fish from Favorite!

Also, a PNSO Glyphoderma! One of the 2 I wanted (I already have the Himalyasaurus)...but couldn't get the hyena.

Still, Big ancient fish? Good day!

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 20:10

Three beautiful figures. cheers

Glypoderma of PNSO is very rare to me.

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 20:42

landrover wrote:

Three beautiful figures.  cheers

Glypoderma of PNSO is very rare to me.

Apparently as a company they have kind of imploded. There are still some stragglers around (I was able to get this one from Japan) but otherwise not easy. I was excited that this one was available! On Amazon Japan (through a buying agent) but I don't think they are there anymore. The hyena was there when I first looked, but was gone by the time I requested the purchase...someday Laughing

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 8:23

Beautieful figurines, but i think very large :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 15:08

widukind wrote:

Yeah, they're a good size. About 17cm each.

I would love a larger series, and an associated mini-size series of the same species!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 17:14

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yeah, they're a good size. About 17cm each.

I would love a larger series, and an associated mini-size series of the same species!

Thank you, yes a mini serie would be fine :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 22:59

They are FABULOUS !!! What wonderful models !!! I love them, and can see that so do you cheers

Congratulations with these awesome finds bounce cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 1:16

Unusual but very good taste! I love all your new additions! Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Obscurus Asilisaurus   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 4:35

Just arrived--the first 6 of the Asilisaurus model by [member=789]brandem[/member] for his Obscurus line!

I will be bringing 5 of them to London with me (yeah, like I wasn't going to keep one!) and one has found a home already! Whatever doesn't find a new owner, I will return with and put on my site.

Of course, Branodon will have more--the run is limited to 50 though (I have 5 through 10, they are all marked)

(these aren't going in the FaunaFigures thread because they aren't on the site...yet!)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 8:17

Interesting figurines again :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 12:58

An asilisaurus is surely an obscure creature and give justice to the name of the line. I believe it is of high interest to those focused in prehistoric creatures. It looks really great! :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 22:12

Amazing !!! I never heard of them before study

Lovley models of this interesting, ancient critter Very Happy

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018 - 1:38

Well, if anyone happens to be in London next week, I'll be there with them... just saying!

Although 2 are already spoken for...

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 3:01

I haven't really posted much lately...hasn't been a huge lot of adding on.

But today. Oh, today. That changed.

I've been waiting for a while to place my MiniZoo order and I think I was patient long enough (and right after...Safari went on 10% off...but there was just one thing anyway)

This is a super international bunch--Safari, CollectA, Papo, PNSO and DTF member Bokisaurus (yeah, that wasn't MiniZoo)!

A total surprise was 2 Bahariya fish from his thread, the Neoceratodus (or Retodus? The snout is pretty tapered)

All in all a good day! Just waiting on one more from England...

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 5:25

Nice catches again. Do you have any informations (material, brand....) about the 2 fishes please?

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 5:56

widukind wrote:
Nice catches again. Do you have any informations (material, brand....) about the 2 fishes please?

They were custom sculpts done by a DTF member Bokisaurus. I believe they're Sculpey. He did a few other fish and a Spinosaurus too. I hope this link brings you there:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sbell's recent finds!
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next