Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sbell's recent finds!

Go down 
+15
Tarunyada
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
barracudacat
Bloodrayne
Bowhead Whale
Saien
Roger
sbell
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
Wilorvise
widukind
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 pm

It is nice to know that you enjoyed in Atalanta. Fantastic also that you've found some figures even they're few. Thanks for presenting these salamanders with all that detailed information. The blue-spotted salamander is particularly beautiful! Very Happy We have a tiger salamander on TAI but from 1993 instead. Very Happy

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

widukind wrote:
Are they soft rubber and large? I have 2 lizards in that kind.

They are fairly soft, although it's difficult to pull them straight. The red is about 26cm long; the other two are about 16cm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Roger wrote:
It is nice to know that you enjoyed in Atalanta. Fantastic also that you've found some figures even they're few. Thanks for presenting these salamanders with all that detailed information. The blue-spotted salamander is particularly beautiful! Very Happy We have a tiger salamander on TAI but from 1993 instead. Very Happy

I was pretty happy to find the Blue-spotted. It doesn't look too off from the real thing!

But as usual, it's the same mold for each, even though they would really have very different shapes.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

I was pretty happy to find the Blue-spotted. It doesn't look too off from the real thing!

But as usual, it's the same mold for each, even though they would really have very different shapes.

Laughing That was very common in these days and Wild Republic did it a lot as you know. It looks great, enough recognizable although it is easy to see that the mould is generic and not based in a blue-spotted salamander. I like it and it is just slightly larger than a real one! Very Happy
Well, the traditional question, when you have time, will you provide pictures for TAI? Wink

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Great salamanders, bonytails and pickerels. I hope you are able to find the pike minnow soon. It's really sad to hear that Replica Toy Fish is shutting down, especially since they had some really fantastic figures. I'm really glad to have picked some up when I had the chance and I highly recommend them.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

Laughing That was very common in these days and Wild Republic did it a lot as you know. It looks great, enough recognizable although it is easy to see that the mould is generic and not based in a blue-spotted salamander. I like it and it is just slightly larger than a real one! Very Happy
Well, the traditional question, when you have time, will you provide pictures for TAI? Wink

I can certainly supply them. I have some, just not handy right now.

barracudacat wrote:
Great salamanders, bonytails and pickerels. I hope you are able to find the pike minnow soon. It's really sad to hear that Replica Toy Fish is shutting down, especially since they had some really fantastic figures. I'm really glad to have picked some up when I had the chance and I highly recommend them.

Agreed, I really like the line. Hopefully his new line starts up soon. I just stocked up whatever I could for my store, we'll see how they go once they become more rare...premium pricing! Wink

I know that I can find the other Arizona fishes on Alibaba/TaoBao. But not the pikeminnow. Just not sure if I trust it or not. The TaoBao price is much better, but I can't seem to find the lot I want there.

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Quote :
Agreed, I really like the line. Hopefully his new line starts up soon. I just stocked up whatever I could for my store, we'll see how they go once they become more rare...premium pricing!

Do you mind if I ask what will be in the new line? I hope it will be more fish species.

I don't know much about TaoBao but I have heard they have a lot of rare figures. I didn't know they had most of the Arizona fishes line as well.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:28 pm

barracudacat wrote:
Quote :
Agreed, I really like the line. Hopefully his new line starts up soon. I just stocked up whatever I could for my store, we'll see how they go once they become more rare...premium pricing!

Do you mind if I ask what will be in the new line?  I hope it will be more fish species.

I don't know much about TaoBao but I have heard they have a lot of rare figures.  I didn't know they had most of the Arizona fishes line as well.

Simeon asked not to say too much--it is indeed all fish, and primarily freshwater. But more worldwide.

They first sets for which I have seen packaging look pretty encouraging--some re-done old favorites (yes, gars...I don't think it's a surprise that he's doing those) and lots of new ones. Lots of inspiration from River Monsters/Monster Fish, lots of sport fish. I did throw in my suggestions, including trying to include some of the smaller non-game type animals like darters and sculpins. But we'll see on that.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 7:01 pm

sbell wrote:
barracudacat wrote:
Quote :

Do you mind if I ask what will be in the new line?  I hope it will be more fish species.

I don't know much about TaoBao but I have heard they have a lot of rare figures.  I didn't know they had most of the Arizona fishes line as well.

Simeon asked not to say too much--it is indeed all fish, and primarily freshwater. But more worldwide.

They first sets for which I have seen packaging look pretty encouraging--some re-done old favorites (yes, gars...I don't think it's a surprise that he's doing those) and lots of new ones. Lots of inspiration from River Monsters/Monster Fish, lots of sport fish. I did throw in my suggestions, including trying to include some of the smaller non-game type animals like darters and sculpins. But we'll see on that.

Please let me know if you have more informations about the saltwater fishes :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Quote :

Very nice! I love River Monsters and gars, so this is indeed encouraging. Like you said though, it's great to have smaller species too.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 pm

I've seen his list--there aren't many saltwater fish--a few marine sport fish (but I think they are part of the same set--the fish will be released in tackle box sets all of the same number). There will also be some fish that can be catadromous/anadromous, migratory or brackish (like, for example, alligator gars, which can enter saltwater).

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 am

sbell wrote:
I've seen his list--there aren't many saltwater fish--a few marine sport fish (but I think they are part of the same set--the fish will be released in tackle box sets all of the same number). There will also be some fish that can be catadromous/anadromous, migratory or brackish (like, for example, alligator gars, which can enter saltwater).

Yes, all are interesting for me :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Fall 2017 update!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 am

I've been a little quiet, but I've been slowly building in the last few months...Here is the group photo!

In no particular order:
CollectA Basilosaurus, Excalibosaurus & Prehistoric Marine tube; Safari Marsh&Associates special release Razorback suckers (x2!) and Cave Dwellers toob Crayfish; Hikari Clown Loaches (x2); Phil Farrell Fire eel(!); K&M Red-Backed Salamander; Yowies Freshwater Catfish; PNSO Himalayasaurus; Capsule Aquarium Giant eel; Enoshima Aquarium Japanese soldierfish; DYDO Fangtooth (Ogrefish); Ichimon/NatureTechnicolor Frilled Shark & Indonesian Coelacanth.

And now I can say that I have the full set of Marsh&Associates Arizona fish!

Also, these burbot...they are fishing lures, but other than the tail are pretty much just rubber fish replicas!

(the larger yellow/brown one is obviously more realistic; the blue is more fanciful)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 5:22 am

Wonderful lot!! Congratulations :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Wonderful, YES cheers

And now you have all the Arizona fishes ...CONGRATULATIONS Applause Very Happy

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Those are incredible! Shocked cheers I love them! Very nice finds, congratulations!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Dark Pegasus

Dark Pegasus

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 7:25 am

Oh so many fantastic models! Congratulations!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am

Maybe the highlight is that you completed the Safari Arizona fish series that you have found yourself that it existed. Laughing Phil Farrell figure is also very interesting from what I can see.
What about that K&M red-back salamander? I cannot find it on TAI. Could you please take an individual picture of it and point me to the right series it belongs, please? study

sbell

PostSubject: Safari 2018! And a 5 year wait ends!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 am

Well, it took almost 5 years, but Malcolm came through!

Yes, it's 1/40, and as huge as you'd expect! Notice the little Lego Friend mini!

Also, Safari arrived for my store today...so great to see the first batch! Most of which I have added to my collection!

A Cenozoic (or Cainozoic if you're weird) geology fan should get why this sequence is so fantastic!

Dinos on a dinosaur leg...and close up!

It's a big Triceratops!

And...the fish. Elasmobranchs mostly!

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 1:32 am

sean, what is that large fish?
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 1:43 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
sean, what is that large fish?

Apparently I forgot to say it's name! It's Leedsichthys!

I cross posted from the DTF, but I'm assuming most people there will know what it is!

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 am

Yes I found it there after the fact :). Nice one!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 8:14 am

What a incredible figurine :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 am

Wonderful fish ! Worth waiting for cheers

WOW, Safari has certainly gone prehistoric mammals this year affraid What a delightful photo cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Congratulation Sean Very Happy

Malcolm's Leedsichthys is incredible, I missed this one and I really hope someone will make a hughe one at last, it is a so fantastic fish.

I'm very jealous about the K&M Red-Backed Salamander, if someday you heard about his twins tell me please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sbell's recent finds! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sbell's recent finds!
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next