Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Aschuck's finds!

Go down 
+19
George
Tupolew Tu-154
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
aschuck
Advicot
Wilorvise
MODELMAN
Tiermann
pipsxlch
Bowhead Whale
Taos
Kikimalou
landrover
Megaptera
NightLioness
widukind
SUSANNE
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Collecting Schleich: Why this brand has been essential to my collection.   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 2:55 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, I wanted to tell you all that tomorrow, I'm going to Shoelers, so there might be some new additions coming soon. Also, I've heard some of you talking, or rather posting, about how Schleich's quality has decreased in the recent years. True, Safari is pulling ahead of schleich, but that doesn't mean that Schleich is "bad." It just means that they come out with more regular animals, for instance the beaver of this year. By the way, you can never have too many beavers in a collection. See? That's the point I'm trying to make here. Just because Schleich's quality is going downhill, it doesn't mean we as collectors should stop collecting their figures. After all, what is a collection of Schleich figures for but telling stories? Anyway, I still like Schleich, but if their animals start resembling Littlest Pet Shop, then, and only then, will I stop collecting them. For now, that line hasn't been crossed yet. See, there's a very fine line between what's considered cartoony, and what's not. For me, LPS figures and indeed even calico critters are way too cartoony for my tastes. That's also the reason why I don't collect Schleich Smurfs. Anyway, I think you get the point, right? I'm just presenting my view on collecting Schleich in general. Well, think what you like, but I for one won't stop collecting just because Schleich is going downhill.

Aschuck

P.S. If I get anything at Shoelers, I'll let you all know.

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 9:50 am

aschuck wrote:
Just because Schleich's quality is going downhill, it doesn't mean we as collectors should stop collecting their figures.

I think the main reason I've stopped collecting Schleich is that other companies have something better on offer now. It's not just that that're not as good as they were - if Schleich was the only option on the market, I'd probably still be buying some of their horses.
But now there's horses made by CollectA and Mojo Fun which are more accurate to their breed, with correct anatomy, proportions, and expressions, and with much more mature, detailed, artistic sculpts - so I'd much rather give my money to CollectA or Mojo, and have a better horse for my collection.

We have to decide where to use our hard-earned money (especially those on a budget, with real life animals or families to look after first!) and to decide which figures are worth finding more space to display - a lot of us have entire rooms in our homes taken over by our collections, and there isn't unlimited space to just keep collecting everything, even if we'd like to Laughing

So I'll always understand and sympathise with people who drop a brand to take their collection in a different direction instead, and it's a bit unfair to suggest people should still keep buying figures they're not impressed with. In the end, it's a personal decision based on satisfaction; we each decide what's worth it and what's not, and those who still find happiness in adding to their Schleich collection will do so, while others will favour different brands. It's the way collecting has always worked, and always will.

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Schleich info for George   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 10:30 am

Dear George,

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but as for me, I only collect Schleich horses. Hope that's okay with everyone. After all, my collecting tastes are probably different than yours, see? Anyway, you have a good point, and yes, there is a room in my current apartment devoted to storytelling. I call it my storytelling room. By the way, I'm moving to a new address next month sometime, so we'll see just how that affects my collection, but I'm optimistic that even after I move, I'll still be able to collect figures. Anyway, there's not much else to tell, so I'll report to you tomorrow, when hopefully there's more new additions.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Legos again.   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 12:37 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well not much news for you this time. I went to the consignment shop, and purchased some legos, and added 3 people and 3 animals into my lego collection. So at least that's good. As for new figures, couldn't make it to shoelers. Oh well, at least I can still go at the end of the month. Anyway, not much else is going on, so I'll post if there's more finds.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: New additions from Shoelers   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 1:47 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Today, I went to Shoelers, and managed to find two Schleich figures: Here is a list of what I got:

15029 Amargasaurus Schleich.

And 14832 Dromedary Schleich.

Also, the schleich ostrich I ordered from ebay arrived today in the mail, so that's good. I'm hoping to go back to shoelers sometime soon, but those are all the new additions so far for now. Well, there's not much else to report, so I'll post if there's more news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 2:26 am

Congratulations, Applause Applause because the schleich dromedary is one of the best dromedaries in our collections.

It has nice pose, I really like the shape of her neck.

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: AAA jumbos list: any help seriously needed   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 12:18 am

Dear Editors of Tai and others:

Hey guys, I was wondering, could anyone help me with information for a list of AAA jumbo sized figures? I've just been thinking that you guys could help me with my searchlist as far as AAA goes, so I thought we'd start with the jumbo figures. Here is the list, or rather what I know about already:

AAA Jumbo:

53009 Elephant

Lion Jumbo

Tiger Jumbo

White Tiger Jumbo

Manta Ray Jumbo

Sea Turtle Jumbo

Black Bear Jumbo (Not sure how else to label this one, since it is 13 inches long.

Grizzly Bear Jumbo (Here is the same problem as the black bear above)

Cheetah Jumbo (Also 13 inches, so not sure how to label this one either.)

Great White Shark Jumbo

And that's about it.

Also, there are some AAA jumbo dinosaurs. Here is a list of them, based mostly on research I've done:

Stegosaurus Jumbo

Velociraptor Jumbo

Triceratops Jumbo

Dimetrodon Jumbo

Tyrannosaurus Rex Jumbo

Brachiosaurus Jumbo

In case any insect lovers are interested, I've also heard about a AAA jumbo tarantula, about 17 inches.

Well, if any one has any more information for this list, let me know.

Aschuck

P.S. No new additions yet, but I'm going to Shoelers and the consignment shop this tuesday, so we'll see what I find.

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Not much to report here.   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi guys, unfortunately, there's not much to report today, except that I managed to find some lego parts at the consignment shop. Other than that, there's not much else to tell you about for right now. Hopefully, dad and I can order figures from ebay tonight. So maybe there'll be some new additions then, but as right now, ths pretty much what I found. Well, I'll let you know if there's more news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Big lot of 36   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 1:33 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, Dad and I ordered a big lot of figures tonight, 36 in all. At this point, I don't know which ones I'll keep, but that'll only be known when the lot arrives. I just wanted to let you all know that there are more figures coming, I just don't know which ones I'll keep. And I guess that's about it for news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 3:18 am

Wow, 36 animals ......you will need more space.

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: A new lego set for my collection.   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 12:01 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that pretty soon, I'm going to be purchasing a new LEGO set for my collection. The set is a large mermaid castle, and comes with 3 people, and about 6 animals. Anyway, besides the package coming from ebay, this lego set is the next thingy on my To order List. Anyway, the package from ebay hasn't arrived yet, so we'll see. Anyway, that's all the news for now.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: The results of the lot of 36 figures   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 8:39 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi again. Today, the lot of 36 figures arrived from ebay. I've decided that, though they're mostly AAA, I'm only keeping a few, at least 7 or less, because the rest of the figures were doubles. And as we all know, doubles don't always work, at least for me as a collector. Anyway, that's the news. The current total of my collection is now 1873.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: 5 snake figures found   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 5:23 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, yesterday, I went up to the little consignment shop that I have dealings with, and purchased a little bag of 5 high quality snake figures. The brands of these snakes are unknown right now, but that could change, on account of my mom coming over tonight, and she has working eyeballs, so it works out great! Either way, the trip was a successful one, and my collection is growing. The current total is now 1885. As for other new additions, at this point, I really don't know how everything is going to play out, because I'm moving to a new apartment soon, so I can't do any online orders until I'm all settled in my new place. Anyway, I'll let you all know if anything else comes my way in the meantime.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 12:33 am

Good look with your move and I hope you'll be able of continuing with your collection.

aschuck

PostSubject: Schleich Gorilla found.   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 1:01 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, not much to tell about this time. There's only this that my mom managed to find a schleich gorilla 14661, and she asked if I wanted it. Naturally, I said yes, I would. So tomorrow, when I go see her, I'll get it for my collection. The current total is now 1886. Anyway, this is the latest for news, so I'll write if there's more news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: 3 wild republic tubes found   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 7:44 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Today, I went to a fabric store, and managed to purchase 3 different wild republic tubes, Frogs, River, and Mermaids. This puts the current total of my collection at 1920. Anyway, I'm overall happy with my purchases, and I hope to get more of these in the future. And I guess that's about it for news. As always, I'll post if there's more to tell you.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: A nice little surprise   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 10:13 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, today in the mail, I received a large box of figures from a mysterious someone, so I unpacked the box, here is a list of the figures I might be keeping:

Snake, two wild cats, 3 dinos, and a gorilla.

The rest are probably going to consignment, so that's good. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know about the good news. The current total of my collection is now 1927. Anyway, this is all the news I have, so I'll post if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 1:42 am

Applause Applause Applause your collection continues to grow.

How many snakes do you have ?

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Collection information   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 2:30 am

Dear Landrover,

To answer your question, I'm not sure how many snakes I have, but the overall total of reptiles is currently 130, or thereabouts. I don't have that many snakes in my collection, so new snake figures are always welcome, depending on the size and position they're in. In my collection, the portion marked People is 106. And that's just the people themselves. Anyway, if you want more info let me know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More collection information   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 2:36 am

Dear Landrover and others:

I just checked my collection totals, and the highest number on the list is the other section, which includes playmobil, plush animals, lego, and sand and/or microbead filled animals. The Other Section's total is 288. In second place, we have the birds section which equals 173. In third place we have Hoofed creatures, which equals 163. Either way, my collection is quite impressive, and I'll probably be collecting for the rest of my life, so be on the lookout for more news from me! Anyway, if any more new additions come my way, I'll let you know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 11:29 pm

I enjoy the idea that you will collect for the rest of your life.
How cool is it to receive figures from a misterious someone?
I also enjoy your rankings. For sure your number of frogs increased a lot these days. K&m frogs tube is really cool with many different kinds of frogs and many with unusual poses, even the bullfrog of the River tube has a different pose from all others. By the way, the River tube is really great.

aschuck

PostSubject: Schleich Piglet found.   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 4:51 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, not much to report today. A while ago, I went up to the consignment shop, and found a Schleich piglet there, but that was the only new addition. Since then, I haven't gone out to find figures. Anyway, this is the news, such as it is, but as always, I'll keep you all informed if any more new additions come my way.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: A trip to JoAnnes   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 12:21 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, here's some good news, I'm going to Jo Annes tomorrow, and I'll be getting more figures and legos there too. Anyway, no new additions as of right now, but that could change tomorrow. Hopefully I'll find something good. Anyway, if I have more news about new additions, I'll share it all with you tomorrow.

Aschuck

P.S. Did you know that Jo Annes sells wild republic nature tubes? I'm really hoping to get more of these.

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Two more nature tubes   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 12:24 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Tonight, I went to Jo Annes, and found two more nature tubes by Wild republic. I found the wilderness tube and penguins tube. Right now the current total of my collection is 1945. And that's about it for new additions news, so I'll post if there's more news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 2:02 am

Congratulations, My favorites in the wilderness tube are the moose, the owl, owl and racoon.

Applause Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Aschuck's finds!
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next