Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions

Go down 
+17
Pardofelis
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
landrover
costicuba
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Wilorvise
Caracal
Taos
pipsxlch
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Tiermann
widukind
Gecko08
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 8:02 pm

It must be epic to find something that has gone 10 000 years ago! Shocked Laughing
Congratulations Haydn, that's a fascinating creature.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 pm

Hurray that you found it, it's a wonderful Safari figure! cheers cheers
All three of them go so well together too, it's fantastic that we can have these replicas so many years later, even though no one saw these creatures alive in the flesh! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 12:45 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 7:49 pm

sunny wrote:
they are all wonderful! congratulations! and the Safari Ltd Macrauchenia looks cute:)

is the reindeer from Safari too ? thank you
It is from this tube: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 11:06 pm

thank you Gecko!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 6:16 pm

Today I have received a figure I have been wanting to get since 2020. The Mattel Ornitholestes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ornitholestes hermanni lived in the Late Jurassic period of North America. It was 7 feet long.
This figure is about 1:18 scale.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 7:32 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 9:56 pm

Wonderful dinosaur! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 10:22 pm

It is always exciting to get something we are wishing for a long time. That Ornitholestes has an interesting pattern. :)

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Here are some 1:40 Cretaceous Spinosaurs.
Spinosaurus aegypticus (Schiech), 45 feet long, Cenomanian Epoch (Mid Cretaceous, 100 mya) Kem Kem Beds
Baryonyx walkeri (Wild Republic K&M), 25 feet long, Barremian Epoch (Early Cretaceous, 125 mya) Smokejack Clay Pit I’m looking forward to getting the safari Ltd Suchomimus and safari Baryonyx and maybe an irritator to expand this small collection of spinosauridae. In the meantime, I am interested in finding out what species of fish my Baryonyx is holding.
Assuming the fish would be the same scale as the dinosaur that’s holding it.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 5:50 pm

This is one of my favorite creatures.
Pristichampsus rollinatti: 10 feet, Eocene of France, 47 mya.
This figure is from the safari Ltd prehistoric crocodiles tube. I’m sure I have probably already showed it before. But the figure is 1:30 scale.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 10:01 am

I believe if the fish is identifiable, you have to take in account it is at the same scale as your baryonyx. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] probably knows what it is if it is not just a random fish.

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 9:06 pm

Sbell said that the fish was a Lepidotes.
I did some research and this fish did live in Europe (along with other places) when Baryonyx existed. This fish could grow up to 6 feet in length making it the match.
Also I got the Colorata Maiasaura. Here is the base to go with the Maiasaur.
Maiasaura means “good mother lizard” because the skeletons of this species were found perched over their nests. Maiasaura was 23 feet long and lived during the Late Cretaceous. This figure is around 1:50 scale.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 4:51 am

I have waited several months for this figure to arrive. Back in the middle of March, I bid on a sansyo88 custom on Buyee. After winning the auction, the figure would have to go into Buyee's warehouse (which current evidence suggests that it is located somewhere in California, but this is just pure speculation, I don't really know if any other packages receiving worldwide shipping actually go to California, or if Buyee has different warehouses set up in different parts of the world). Either way, after a LONG time, I can present to you the newest addition to my dinosaur collection.
Koolasuchus cleelandi
Koolasuchus lived in the Aptian stage of the Early Cretaceous (around 120 mya). It inhabited the cool waters of Australia. It was basically a giant salamander, at around 16 feet in length and weighing 1,000 pounds. Its name means "Kool's crocodile" after Leslie Kool, the scientist who analyzed the fossils. It was part of the temnospondyl order, an ancient group of large amphibians that were driven to extinction by crocodiles. It is believed that Koolasuchus survived at the South Pole after all other temnosponyls died out because the water near the poles were too cold for crocodiles.
This figure is 1:18th scale.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 7:23 am

Really great new models, especially this newest addition! Congrats, looks worth the wait.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 8:48 am

A interesting figure.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:37 am

What a beautiful new model, and so interesting to read about it too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 9:34 pm

That's a very interesting model and a fascinating reading. However, the theory of the extinction of that animal sounds defamatory to me. Laughing To be fair, one of the most interesting models I have seen lately. cheers

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptySat May 22, 2021 1:22 am

Gecko08 wrote:
Sbell said that the fish was a Lepidotes.

Maiasaura means “good mother lizard” because the skeletons of this species were found perched over their nests. Maiasaura was 23 feet long and lived during the Late Cretaceous. This figure is around 1:50 scale.

this is a lovely figure, particularly because she is tending to her nest eggs ! and made all the more poignant by your knowledgeable snippets of information. Thank you for sharing !
and I just spent some time looking up Lepidotes too ! I even saw a picture of that big dinosaur hunting it in the water.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptySat May 22, 2021 4:00 am

I have received several new figures for the collection.
Here is the Evolution of Man set by Safari ltd:
(right to left) Australopithecus afarensis, Homo habilis, Homo erectus, Homo neanderthalensis, Homo sapiens. These figures are around 1:24 scale, meaning that I can use them in pictures with some of my dinosaurs. Now for an in-depth look into each figure.
Australopithecus afarensis lived around 4 million years ago in the Pliocene era of Africa. It means "southern ape" and they were around 4 feet tall.
Homo habilis means "handy man" and it lived around 2.3 million years ago in the Late Pliocene of Africa. They were around 4 feet tall. Homo habilis is the first hominid to have a larger brain size than apes.
Homo erectus means "upright man" and it lived 2 million years ago across Asia and the Indonesian islands. They were around the height of modern-day humans.
Homo neanderthalensis "a.k.a. Neanderthals" lived around 2 million years ago until 40,000 years ago in Europe. Its name means "Neander Valley Man". They were around 5 feet tall.
Homo sapiens are the modern-day human species. All the other human species have gone extinct. And that wraps up this set.
In the safari ltd ice age tube, there were several unidentified hominids. Since scale depends on the size of the species, and since these humans remain unidentified, I can't say for sure what the scale is.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptySat May 22, 2021 9:32 am

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptySat May 22, 2021 10:24 am

This is so interesting, I love these sorts of figures! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 5:57 pm

Thanks! There is no doubt that I needed something like that set for my collection. I have gotten several more figures for the collection.
Oviraptor philoceratops (Safari ltd Carnegie) Oviraptor lived in the Santonian epoch of the Cretaceous era, around 75 mya. It was around 5 feet long, making this figure 1:12 scale. Oviraptor means "egg thief" because the first fossil was found sitting on a nest of eggs believed at the time to belong to Protoceratops. The eggs turned out to belong to Oviraptor itself meaning that this dinosaur watched over its eggs in a similar way that birds do today.
Here is Oviraptor with a 1:12 scale person.

Woolly Mammoth (Safari ltd) This great figure is 1:40 scale. The Woolly Mammoth lived in Europe, Asia, and North America until most of them died about 10,000 years ago. There were still Mammoths living on Wrangel Island until around 4,000 years ago. They were around 19 feet long and 11 feet tall. It is one of the most famous extinct animals. They diverged from the Steppe Mammoth 800,000 years ago.
Here is a mammoth facing off with an early human. Safari's toob mammoth would make a great juvenile if it was in a more neutral position and didn't have the adult's tusks.
And the last figure from this group. Trochosaurus acutus by Kaiyodo. Trochosaurus means "badger lizard ". Trochosaurus was a therocephalian (therocephalians were stem-mammals that were the Permian predecessors of the cynodonts) that lived in South Africa during the Permian. Most of the articles about Trochosaurus are very small, so I took it upon myself to gather information. Kaiyodo figures come with little information cards in Japanese with stickers on them. Here is the translation. I had to mark the things that I found questionable. Sorry for the big paragraph. I changed the font of all the words from Kaiyodo so we don't get mixed up.

Late Kazan Habitat (The Kazan here refers to the Kazanian stage of the Mid Permian around 272 mya) / South Africa 3m in length (?) (They rightfully questioned this, most therocephalians didn't get above 5 feet, much less 3 meters. My take on this is that it is a mistranslation from 3 feet to 3 meters)
Trocosaurus sterokefals (not the real species name) is an evolved beast bow (fine milk type fertilizer) (wait, WHAT?) that prospered from the Paleozoic Belmian (a mistranslation of Permian) to the Mesozoic Triassic (several therocephalians survived the Great Dying, I can say with assurance that Trochosaurus was not among them) Trocosaurus is a genus that occupies the status of a large predator among them, but all the fossils discovered so far have two large canines, which is a characteristic of their genus, or the canines regenerate.  No conclusion has been reached as to whether it is in the middle of the process. (Most of the facts about this creature don't hold up to scrutiny, but the one thing they did get right was the fact that the only fossil known of Trochosaurus was a set of top canines.)    
This figure was around 1:12 scale.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 6:21 pm

You find cool figures

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 12:23 am

Truly interesting all reading about the Trochosaurus. You're really into the subject. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next