Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions

Go down 
+17
Pardofelis
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
landrover
costicuba
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Wilorvise
Caracal
Taos
pipsxlch
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Tiermann
widukind
Gecko08
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 8:51 am

Great models!!!! Applause Applause

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 9:46 am

What a lovely and interesting model !!!!Applause Applause

And lots og wishes for your new year cheers

Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 6:48 am

Congratulations for you very nice Allo cheers
Happy birthday : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 12:38 am

I noticed something interesting about my Hasbro Jurassic World “Blue” figure. Under normal light, the figure has a black stripe.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But when taken outside into sunlight, the figure develops some Blue on its back.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 12:38 am

I hope you can see the small blotches of blue on the figures back

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Interesting! And lovely figure!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 1:33 am

Do you mean it is iridescent? That is amazing!

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 1:46 am

The hasbro raptor titan series is a nice series, I just wish those raptor toys had toe claws.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 1:47 am

For some weird reason, Hasbro retconned Velociraptor Blue’s toe claws. They did the same thing with echo, Charlie, and delta.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 10:40 pm

I was planning on going to a museum in Jackson Mississippi but do to the Covid and a hurricane, I had to delay my road trip. But I decided to get the Epic Roaring T. rex instead. I think it is a very nice figure (even if the roar is a bit LOUD).
Any questions about this figure

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 10:44 pm

It seems like T. rex is the top priority of the toy companies these days. T. rex may be the most popular dinosaur, but I’m sure part of the reason why is because the toys don’t give any attention to the other dinosaurs.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Nice T- rex!Agree with you with regards to what Dinos are made by companies and T-rex is very popular along with a few other models but luckily there are lots more Dinos available now compared to when I grew up in the 1970s! Smile

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 4:34 pm

I’m very glad that there is a greater selection of dinosaurs now. And I’m very excited for Mattel 2021 Jurassic world. But I will save that for my Jurassic world topic.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 7:16 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 7:47 pm

I just got the hasbro ankylosaurus.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 8:31 pm

That choice for an erect tail is quite questionable. Wink There’s a scorpion tail on it.
I think T-rex was always the most popular dinosaur and it continues being the most popular despite the huge diversity offered these days. There were some trials to make the spinosaurus a new star or even the giganotosaurus but there is no chance. Some other dinosaur models are often depicted to look like T-rexes to the general public. I think the only exception was a long time ago when bronthosaurus was probably the most popular or at least the closest in popularity.

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 2:36 am

I don’t understand the scorpion tail either. The ones in the film didn’t have scorpion tails and the Mattel toy didn’t have a scorpion tail.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 7:47 pm

My new dinosaur is a blast from the past. The Hasbro Indominus Rex.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Indoraptor vs Indominus Rex!!!!
Who do you think would win? And who would you rather encounter?

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 9:43 pm

Uhhhh, they are really scary Shocked Laughing

Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 3:21 am

The only thing worse than meeting one of these hybrids, would be to meet both of them at the same time. But if you could pick, who would you rather meet, and who would win in a fight?

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 7:41 am

Gecko08 wrote:

Clearly the Indomimus is laughing loudly and clapping at a joke that the Indoraptor just is telling. These human hands with opposable thumbs are ideal for clapping.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 12:11 pm

Maybe their friendly with each other. In Jurassic World, we saw the Indominus Rex communicate with the velociraptor pack. But since the Indoraptor was made directly from the Indominus Rex, then maybe the Indoraptor can communicate with the Indominus.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Today I also found the 2020 Mattel Alioramus.
This is a great figure, but also notice the presence of feather like structures on its neck.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 5:40 pm

I just emailed David Silva (sculptor of Beasts of the Mesozoic) to tell him how much I liked the raptor set. Then I asked about the 1/18th scale raptors and protoceratopsians that he teased in an interview. He confirmed that he was going to release them next year. Because they were raptors and protoceratopsians, I expect a “Velociraptor vs. Protoceratops” set for next year. I wonder what other raptors he would use.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next