Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*

Go down 
+23
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Loon
Ana
jarda
landrover
sunny
George
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Birdsage
Caracal
Pardofelis
widukind
Seeway
lucky luke
spacelab
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Taos
Roger
Joliezac
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 5:11 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 1:01 am

Over the past few weeks I started to become a little unhappy with my European shelf. I really liked the left side with the large rocks but the right sight seemed flat and crowded. I also didn't really like the background photos I had anymore.

So I took the whole thing down and redid it What a Face I chose a sunrise/sunset photo which I thought would look pretty and I thought it would be more unique and colorful to stand out against my other two displays.

I evened out the rocks and decided to paint some "snow" on the higher ones.

After finishing it I love it much more than the last one. I really like the sunset background and there are snowy rocks on the sides and middle of the display. Its perhaps a bit more crowded because of the more varied terrain but I personally think it looks better than how it was before.

Here is the shelf before:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here is the new version!:

What are your thoughts? Do you like the original or new version better? scratch

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 6:24 am

A very beautiful display! And collection!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 8:01 am

I like both equally, they're amazing and very well done! However I think I prefair the background sky and mountains of the former one!

What is the very small red squirrel sitting on a juniper branch below a bigger cousin? This squirrel could have an adequate size for my collection Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 1:00 pm

I love the new background, looks wonderful! I like that you added a log for a more diverse landscape and in general, I prefer the new version Very Happy
And what a great choice to add the bearded vulture to the group! Very Happy
I'm not entirely sure if you can see fallow deer in the Alps, besides maybe small introduced populations? I would say roe deer would be a more probable choice.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 1:40 pm

Wonderful diorama Jolie, I like the sun/set/rise background and your stones and vegetation display but it seems 2 important species are still missing: Golden eagle and Wolf! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 3:48 pm

Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate the feedback Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The small red squirrel is made by Schleich. Its in a few of their larger horse club sets. Sometimes you can find it individually on eBay though.

Thank you! it didn't look quite right but adding the "log" certainly made it more interesting I think. I do have the Schleich roe deer family and I swapped it out for the fallow deer and I think they look much better, thanks! I'll have to find another spot for the fallow deer on a future shelf. Maybe in a European forest?

Thank you!

My only golden eagles are currently residing in the Himalayas, but I plan on adding the 2022 Papo wolves and 2022 Mojo golden eagle to this display when I get them. Maybe I'll try to hang the golden eagle since it looks like it is swooping down.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 5:36 pm

Oh Yes! hanged! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 7:17 pm

they are both excellent, the top one feels like a late summer scene and the new one feels like the weather is a bit colder (to me;) but there is more energy in it.
I really like the rocks you painted with the snow. Well done! They fit in very well in the corner, and the badgers in the centre look like they are having fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 9:23 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate the feedback Very Happy

The small red squirrel is made by Schleich. Its in a few of their larger horse club sets. Sometimes you can find it individually on eBay though.

Thank you! it didn't look quite right but adding the "log" certainly made it more interesting I think. I do have the Schleich roe deer family and I swapped it out for the fallow deer and I think they look much better, thanks! I'll have to find another spot for the fallow deer on a future shelf. Maybe in a European forest?

Thank you!

My only golden eagles are currently residing in the Himalayas, but I plan on adding the 2022 Papo wolves and 2022 Mojo golden eagle to this display when I get them. Maybe I'll try to hang the golden eagle since it looks like it is swooping down.

Very nice, I prefer the new shelf because I didn't like the "half hill" of the first version Laughing

I'm glad you decided to add a wolf and a Golden eagle, and also that your replace the fallow deer by a Roe deer cheers
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 6:26 am

God, what a fantastic setup. I'm envious. The scenery just adds so much life. Also, such a lovely collection of figures; I love seeing all those ungulates. Plus, that Bullyland Bearded Vulture is such a dream figure, I'm happy you have one.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 6:54 am

I love both sceneries very much, and what a wonderful collection cheers

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 4:17 am

Today I was able to get some old shelves hung up again on my walls! In the past these held my prehistoric figures and large whales. However, since I now have lots of bookcases, they reside on top of those.

Obviously these shelves can't hold serious weight and are too thin to make dioramas/displays, so I decided it would be perfect for my Safari Incredible Creatures figures/oversized models!

Sadly due to their size and lack of space, in the past most sat in a basket and weren't really seen. Most of these models I got when I was young and are very sentimental, so I was really happy to finally have a spot where I would see them everyday on my wall.

I had to cram them but I was able to fit everyone except my huge IC iguana, I really love how it looks! Lots of bright colorful models that really mean a lot to me.

Not my best photos but here it is nonetheless! Laughing

Shelf 1:

Shelf 2:

Shelf 3:

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 10:08 am

Even if it's all very different from your other shelves, it's really awesome to see all these beauties together drunken  and... Aaaargh affraid  there's this Chameleon that I can't watch without a defibrillator around  Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 12:04 pm

What a gorgeous, fantastic flock cheers

It looks like each and every one says : Look at ME ! bounce

I love them all, and they look even better when they are together drunken

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 12:26 pm

A really fun display, I actually kind of like how they're all jumbled up as an alternative displaying tactic, cos it forces us to pay attention and look at exactly what's in there individually, instead of just glancing along and our mind making shortcuts to generalise as a mass of fish or birds or whatever.
My favourite is the clown trigger fish (and yes, I did just have to google 'black and yellow white spotted fish' to find out what species I wanted to point out there, I'm hopeless with fish names Laughing )

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 3:04 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 10:22 pm

Thank you everyone! I think shelves look much more interesting when the same species aren't presented all together. Although for now that's how mine are displayed for organization. I can't wait to make some more diorama displays hopefully this week Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 7:08 am

I can't wait to see your new displays Very Happy

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 10:09 pm

Very Happy oh yes these bigger scales are appropriated for outdoor pictures! cheers
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 11:16 pm

Today I was able to get 2 displays made: The Andes & Great Plains!

The Great Plains shelf was heavily inspired by one of my favorite movies Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. This shelf isn't finished yet though. I still need to hang the bald eagle from a string and I have some more wild horses I need to get to create a small herd. This will most likely change the placement of most of the figures on here.

It was my first attempt to make grass with faux fur. I saw some tutorials online and wanted to try it! I really like the effect it gave although next time before it dries I think I need to add more paint, and choose maybe a lighter/duller green.

I'm happy with how it looks so far and can't wait to add more horses!

Then in one of the smaller shelves I decided to recreate my old Andes shelves. This is sort of more shrubland/grassland with the Andes as a backdrop, I wanted to add in the maned wolves without them being IN the mountains.

My guanaco was lonely so I have one in the backdrop  Laughing And I couldn't leave out one of my favorite figures, the Schleich Andean condor. So I just plopped him on top of some high rocks in the back.

I think its a nice improvement from my old one also.

Old:

New:

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 7:27 am

Wonderful displays and you have this so beautiful Schleich condor, the Eikoh prairie dog and the Yowie andean cat too! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 7:38 am

As magnific as always. The false fur grass is very well done and looks like exactly the wind-shaked grass prairies seen just at the begin of the movie when the mane of a horse turns gradually into grass. I like especially the bison herd. I thinbk that the Colorata bald eagle looks enough good in a rod, but maybe a thread will be an improvement.

The new Andean display looks like much more ordered than the old. Like a museum display maybe. I don't know, but the older display seems more natural to me, and I prefair the llama herd grouped together in a side than sparced all over the territory. Also the star of the exhibit, the condor, seems much more prominent and visible in the older display than in the new one. Is not that the new display is bad, but the older was magnific for my point of view :)
And where is the Andean mountain cat in the new display? (a wished figure for me). I'm glad you deleted the horned guan from the exhibit, as they doesn't live in the Andes :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 9:35 pm

Thank you so much Caracal & Pardofelis!

Thank you! I was really trying to imitate that long grass so I'm glad you think it turned out well. A small herd of horses will go where the eagle is now so it will have to be hanged at some point.

I had some trouble incorporating the condor in because I didn't make the rocks very high but I really like the shrubs and grass in the new display. I try to improve the scenery in my shelves so I do like the new one much more, but I can see your points about the old one.

I realize its hard to see in my pictures but the Yowie Andean cat is on the sloped rock behind the guanaco. I would like to maybe get the BotB Andean cat at some point too Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 7:13 am

Wonderful, beautyful cheers

I don't know how you do it !

A shame , I think there does not exist a toy model of a wild guinea pig scratch

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next