Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC

Go down 
+14
Roger
Pardofelis
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Joliezac
Gecko08
Bonnie
widukind
George
landrover
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Caracal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 6:44 pm

I enjoy this topic a lot even though I don’t collect any prehistoric animals. It's great that you have put animals from the same era together, it gives me a better idea of what animals were around during a particular period. And the size comparisons with the humans are very useful too.

As you mentioned, the Triassic had some really interesting animals. You have many wonderful models from this period. The Lystrosaurus murrayi, Atopodentatus unicus and Coelophysis bauri are my favourites.

The Cephalaspis lyelli is funny, as if it has no skin behind its head.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 4:07 am

This has been one of my favorite threads, the Paleozoic and Triassic right after are the ones most intriguing to me. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 11:05 pm

I does appear like I’ll be jumping through time quite a bit over the course of this topic, but that’s not a problem. I recently took a trip to Michael’s (art supply chain). And I stumbled upon this shelf.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I FOUND A TWO SHOPS NEAR (well, both are actually over half an hour away) ME SELLING SAFARI FIGURES!
This is a very nice discovery that I made, but I made a quite disturbing discovery also. Safari is switching to a cheaper material for their tubes. Here is a hieroglyph figure I collected from an Egyptian tube.
And here is the newer model.
I’m hoping somebody will have an explanation for this anomaly. I also picked up a great figure from Michael’s.

Tyrannosaurus rex (Safari Ltd)
Length: 40 feet
Scale: 1:35
It has some very visible scars around its mouth where it was bitten.
I mainly got this figure because of the belly Ribs depicted on it.
In all seriousness, tyrannosaurus probably didn’t have feathers (at least not according to the most recent findings. Ben G Thomas did a video on the discovery on his YouTube channel). Some has speculated that Tyrannosaurus has feathered where the skin impressions weren’t found, but it seems very cynical to assume that it had feathers, despite no feathered being discovered on the skin impressions. And for that reason, I have a second tyrannosaurus with a different depiction.

Tyrannosaurus rex (Battat)
Scale: 1:40

Torosaurus latus (Toyway)
Length: 26 feet
One of the hardest truths that we have to accept is that a lot of the models from Walking with Dinosaurs are outdated. The series was made 22 years ago, and science has come a long way since then. But thankfully, the Torosaurus was pretty accurate and has stood the test of time.

Triceratops horridus (Safari Ltd)
Scale: 1:30

The feathered rex reminds me of the baby dinosaurs from PNSO.
Parental Instincts

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 8:30 am

Nice figures again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 12:52 pm

This Safari T-rex (and the CollectA one) will testifie a short theory of reconstruction and will keep an epistemological value!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 1:04 pm

These dinosaurs are beautifully made! cheers That's really interesting about the Safari toob figures, I really hope they aren't switching to a cheaper material! Shocked Very interesting information too! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:21 pm

You can expect two posts today, as I was quite busy running around. I took a trip to the Exploreum in Mobile, Alabama because they were showing some IMAX films.
It’s a great science center, and they’ve been selling Safari Dinosaurs since early last year (I got my Edmontosaurus, Deinocherius, Triceratops, Dilophosaurus, Deinonychus, Allosaurus, and Stegosaurus from them). Here’s a Safariology set along with their main display.
I noticed way fewer dinosaurs this time around, which is unfortunate. They first got those figures from a traveling exhibition with animatronics, so it’s unknown if they will be resupplied.
One of the movies I saw in the theater was about the Spirit Bear, so I impulse-bought (the best kind of purchase with figures, oftentimes an unexpected and pleasant surprise) the Safari Spirit Bear.
It’s the first extant species I’ve bought in years and I’m proud of it.
I also got the Ancient Fossils Tube.

Tyrannosaur tooth

Anchisauripus sillimani (Safari Ltd, Early Jurassic)
Length: 10 inches (we only know Anchisauripus through its prints, and the largest print was about 10 inches)
Scale: 1:5

Velociraptor Claw

Edmontosaurus Skin Impression.
And that’s the first half of today’s post. The next one will be in a few minutes as I am probably at work as you read this.

Last edited by Gecko08 on Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 12:16 am

Here is the second part of the first post. These are all my acquisitions from today that are going on my list. I’m including the era with the company name because this isn’t an era-specific post.

Raymondites ingalli (Safari Ltd, Ordovician)
Length: 1 inch
Scale: 2x Life Size
Here it is with some similarly scaled Trilobite contemporaries. The other two are both life size.

Mixopterus multipinosus (Safari Ltd, Silurian)
Length: 1.6 feet
Scale: 1:10
It’s nice to see a Eurypterid made by a mainstream company. Here are Silurian Eurypterids 1:10-1:12

Peltoceratoides pressulus (Safari Ltd, Mid Jurassic)
Length: 2 inches
Scale: 1:1
My only other Jurassic Life Size animal is ironically, another Safari Ammonite. This probably represents Pleuroceras, but it’s labeled as a generic ammonite.

Eopelobates anthracinus (Safari Ltd, left) Pulalius vulgaris (Safari Ltd, right)
I figured that since they are both life size and from the Eocene, I might as well show them together. The left is a frog and the right is a crab.

Diplomystus dentatus (Safari Ltd, Eocene)
Length: 25 centimeters
Scale: 1:12
I realized that the Safari Ltd is currently my only supplier for Eocene species. I also got an amazing figure from Amazon.

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus (PNSO)
Length: 45 feet
Scale: 1:50 (I have a different Spinosaurus at 1:40 that’s also very good that you’ll see another day)
It was hungry immediately, so I gave it a Safari Ltd Scapanorhynchus to munch on (not to scale!).
Here is some Early Cretaceous at 1:50. The rest of my early Cretaceous is at a different scale.
Mapusaurus roesae (Collecta), Muttaburrasaurus langdoni (Collecta), Spinosaurus aegytiacus (PNSO). The spino is actually larger than the Mapusaurus, but the way it’s head is turned makes it hard to see that. I also used a 1:40 human because that’s the smallest scale human I have.

Last edited by Gecko08 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 10:57 am

The place you visited looks perfect for animal figure collectors! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:19 pm

I’m going to start making daily posts of my collection. Here is an assortment from the Early Cretaceous.

Dakosaurus Maximus (PNSO) (marine crocodilian)
Length: 15 feet
Scale: 1:25

Dilong paradoxus (Safari Ltd)
Length: 5 feet
Scale: 1:20

Psittacosaurus mongoliensis (Safari Ltd)
Length: 6 feet

Iguanodon bernisartensis (Toyway)
Length: 30 feet
Scale: 1:45
The feet are way off, so if I’m able to find a more accurate version, I would jump at the opportunity. I’m thinking about the Papo or Collecta figure.

Mei long (PNSO)
Length: 20 inches
Scale: 1:6

Liaoceratops yangzouensis (PNSO)
Length: skull 15 centimeters

Sinosauropteryx prima (PNSO)
Length: 3 feet

Confuciusornis sanctus (PNSO)
Length: 1 foot

Scapanorhynchus lewisii (Safari Ltd)
Length: 10 feet

Koolasuchus cleelandi (Sansyo88)
Length: 16
Scale: 1:18

Koolasuchus is the only temnospondyl in my collection. It was like a massive salamander.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:51 pm

indeed!!.. affraid
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 5:59 pm

Schleich does a very good job on modern day animals, but their dinosaurs are a different story. Sometimes, once in a blue moon, they make a good dinosaur. But since this topic is a combination of detail + ACCURACY, that already means you won’t see their name too many times. I have a select few schleich Dinos on my wishlist, and I hope the get the Nothosaurus just because it thankfully looks like a nothosaurus. Here is the rest of my Schliech Dinos.

Dinogorgon rubidgei (Schliech)
Late Permian

Barapasaurus Tagorei (Schleich)
Early Jurassic

Utahraptor ostrommaysorum (Schleich)
Early Cretaceous
Length: 20 feet

Anhanguera blittersdorffi (Schleich)
Early Cretaceous
Wingspan: 15 feet

Pentaceratops sternbergii (Schleich)
Late Cretaceous
Scale. 1:30

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus (Schliech)
Early Cretaceous
Length: 45 feet

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 6:48 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 6:54 pm

I can't wait to see your whole collection, lovely models so far! Very Happy I really love the Koolasuchus! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 7:56 pm

Here are some theropods from the Jurassic and Cretaceous (I randomly picked these off the shelf. I get new figures all this time, so I would have to constantly update each era so it appears like random selection is the most efficient way to go).

Acrocanthosaurus atokensis (Terra Battat)
Early Cretaceous
Length: 38 feet

Concavenator corcovatus (Favorite Co)
Early Cretaceous
Length: 19 feet
This is a very accurate rendition of Concavenator, and the new Safari figure looks just as good, but I’m sticking with this one.

Afrovenator abakensis (Collecta)
Middle Jurassic
Length: 25 feet
Collecta often makes rare and underused species into figures, which is why they will appear often in this topic, like safari. Afrovenator is actually a megalosaurid.

Ceratosaurus nasicornis (Battat)
Late Jurassic
Length: 18 feet

Carnotaurus sastrei
Late Cretaceous
Length: 24 feet
Carnotaurus was originally believed to have lived in the early Cretaceous, but now it is known that it inhabited the late Cretaceous.

Neovenator salerii (Collecta)
Early Cretaceous
Collecta appears to be remaking their old European dinosaurs that they first produced as Procon. Maybe we’ll get a Tropeognathus and a Eustreptospondylus. I’m still eyeing the Toyway Polacanthus, regardless over whether a new one is made.

Cryolophosaurus elliotti (Terra Battat)
Early Jurassic
Length: 21 feet

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 10:23 pm

Herbivorous dinosaurs.

Miragaia longicollum (Collecta)
Late Jurassic
Unfortunately, many people have made knockoffs of the Carnegie Miragaia. I’ve had this little Collecta mirigaia for a long time, and it’s here to stay.

Amaragsaurus cazaui (Carnegie Collection)
Early Cretaceous
Safar recently remade a massive Amargasaurus, with a bright teal coloration. If they were going to make a massive sauropod figure, they should have at least made it of a massive sauropod. (That’s subjective, 30 feet is big, but not as big as other sauropods).

Nanshiungosaurus brevispinus (Battat)
Late Cretaceous
Length: 16 feet

Regaliceratops peterhewsi (Safari Ltd)
Late Cretaceous
The headgear on this chasmosaurine is great.

Parasaurolophus walkeri (Battat)
Late Cretaceous
Length: 31 feet
Safari put out a nice figure of this species in 2019, but Safari’s figure didn’t have the skin membrane stretching below its crest. If you have any requests for any comparison shots for figure on this topic, I would be happy to oblige.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:44 pm

Here are some Cretaceous maniraptorans.

Deinonychus antirrophus (Safari Ltd)
Early Cretaceous
Length: 11 feet
It’s in the same scale as some of the Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsians I just ordered. Even then, it’s unlikely they will be in a group shot together unless it is requested because Deinonychus lived a lot earlier than the ceratopsians.

Oviraptor philoceratops (Carnegie Collection by Safari)
Late Cretaceous
The Carnegie Oviraptor is the only oviraptor I wanted and it fits that role well. There are so many underrepresented oviraptorosaurs that need time in the spotlight. And as this photo shows, we don’t even know what the crest on Oviraptor’s head looks like.

Gigantoraptor erlianensis (Collecta)
Late Cretaceous
Scale: 1:60
Battat had a Gigantoraptor in the works for 2015, but it was never released. I wonder why……

Buitraptor gonzalesorum (BoTM)
Early Cretaceous
I ended up getting the Western Raptor pack from David Silva because it wasn’t as costly as the environment sets.

Stenonychosaurus inequalis (Troodon formosus) (BoTM)
Late Cretaceous
Length: 8 feet
This is probably what I’m going to use for a group shot with the ceratopsians. Stenonychosaurus lived in the Dinosaur Park Formation, where some of the ceratopsians I ordered also came from. I’m rather torn between buying the environment pack with the white Troodon (which is really just a repainted Stenonychosaurus), or getting the Eastern Dinosaur pack.

Velociraptor mongoliensis (BoTM)
Late Cretaceous

If you’re in the market for a smaller (and less expensive!) Velociraptor that’s still very accurate.

Velociraptor mongoliensis (Safari Ltd)

Dromaeosaurus albertensis (BoTM)
Late Cretaceous
The only other Dromaeosaurus I know of this the Geoworld figure.

Acheroraptor temertyorum (BoTM)
Late Cretaceous (actually the same formation as Tyrannosaurus)
This is one of the reasons why I like the Beasts of the Mesozoic line. It covers a lot of species that haven’t been covered before.

I made this rather crude looking image to show how much bigger Stenonychosaurus was than the other raptors (but the figures are the other way around).

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:40 pm

Wonderful raptors collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:21 pm

I’ve once again found an assortment of dinosaurs to feature in this topic.

Chilesaurus Diegosuarezi (Papo)
Late Jurassic
I don’t normally collect Papo figures, but I have to reward them for representing such an odd species. I also appreciate the attention to detail they have.

Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis (Safari Ltd)
Late Cretaceous
This figure has a healed wound on its dome. I first thought it was a defect specific to my edition, but it turns out, they all have it.

Baryonyx walkeri (Safari Ltd)
Early Cretaceous
Safari’s dinosaurian lineup for 2021 was rather brief, but I’m sure it will be more eventful next year. Covid hurt them badly, so we should be patient and wait for them to recover. Thankfully for them, their commitment to accuracy has placed them in a favorable position on my shelves.

Qianzhousaurus sinensis (Safari Ltd)
Late Cretaceous
Length: 21 feet
“Pinnochio rex” has found a place on my shelf in the form of this figure. I wasn’t able to find it at the Exploreum so I ordered it online. My only gripe is that it appears toothless because of the way the lips are structured. I’m sure that the next time Safari tries a lipped dinosaur, it will go better. It is still a great figure and is here to stay.

The lipped dinosaur debate has a very minor effect on my collecting preferences simply because of how little we know. Spinosaurs I’m okay with being lip-less because they acted very much like crocodiles, and even had similar anatomy in terms of where the eyes and nostrils are placed.

Mapusaurus roseae (Collecta)
Early Cretaceous
Length: 32 feet
The largest specimens are around 41 feet, but 30 feet is a common length.

Stegosaurus stenops (Safari Ltd)
Late Jurassic
Length: 29 feet
This is a great figure!

Sparring with Safari’s just as accurate Allosaur. This Allosaurus made a rookie mistake by getting spotted in the ferns (grass didn’t appear until the Cretaceous so…..)

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:22 pm

The Papo models are beautiful! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 3:02 pm

Since today is going to be busy for me, I decided to make my daily forum post early.

Champsosaurus gigas (Safari Ltd)
Paleocene
Length: 12 feet
The first Champsosaurus fossils are known from the Late Cretaceous, but the largest species is known from a full skeleton in North Dakota dated to the Paleocene.

Gastornis geiselensis (Safari Ltd)
Paleocene
Height: 6 feet

Pristichampsus rollianati (Safari Ltd)
Eocene
I don’t have too many animals from the Paleocene or the Eocene, but Safari supplies all 6 of them (Gastornis from Wild Safari, Pristichampsus and Champsosaurus from Prehistoric Crocodiles, and Pulalius, Eopelobates, and Diplomystus from the Fossils tube). None of them are too close in scale except for the crocs, but I’m sure that as I get more figures, I’ll be able to fill in the blanks.

Protoceratops andrewsi (Wild Past)
Late Cretaceous
It also comes with a nest, and is close in scale to the Velociraptor from Safari’s Feathered Dinosaues tube (and even my really old Authentics version). After I finish showcasing the entire collection, I’ll probably do more group shots and outdoor photos.

Hesperonychus elizabethae (Vivid Toy Ltd) I got this figure from our own forum member, pipxlch! So a massive thanks to Kelly for sending me this dinosaur! 😊
Late Cretaceous
Length: 4 feet
Scale: 1:12 (assuming proportions are correct, as we only know this dinosaur from partial specimens)

Gorgosaurus libratus (Papo)
Late Cretaceous
This is a great figure from Papo.

Hydrotherosaurus alexandrae (Collecta)
Late Cretaceous
Hydrotherosaurus has 60 neck vertebrae! If Mamenchisaurus was a plesiosaur…
This is also my only “standard” sized plesiosaur (the rest are miniatures from Safari), and I will eventually get the bigger figures.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Here is my entire Character Options collection (I’m breaking the rules here by including the future creatures, but it won’t do any harm to include just the two)

Cestoda incertae sedis (Character)
Late Permian (I’m not basing it off the dodos that were infected because they could have come through another anomaly. Cestoids first appeared in the Late Permian but they probably didn’t look like this).
Length: 40 cm

Raphus cucullatus (Character)
Holocene
Height: 3 feet
This figure’s presence in my collection means that I could start collecting recently extinct species (ex. Thylacine) but I already have a crap-ton of prehistoric extinct animals i need to collect and I’m off to a good start.

Anurognathus ammoni (Character)
Late Jurassic
Wingspan: 50 cm
Scale: 1:9

Protosulpuga carbonaria (Character)
Late Carboniferous (Mazon Creek)
Length: 1 foot
This is a third of my Carboniferous collection (the other two being from Safari’s Prehistoric Sharks tube). I missed out on Paleocasts’s Carboniferous assortment (he made a eurypterid from Mazon Creek, Tullimonstrom, and a Bandringa Shark before going on hiatus). It’s safe to say we need more from this era.

Hesperornis regalis (Character)
Late Cretaceous

Future Predator (Character)
Future Era (name is unspecified)
Length: 7 feet

Mer Creature (Character)
Future Era (name is unspecified)

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Here is another assortment.

Albertosaurus sarcophagus (Geoworld)
Late Cretaceous
Scale: 1:45
The inclusion of feathers on this figure is interesting. Still, it’s head is way to short and blunt, and it has slit pupils like a snake. It’s head would have looked more like the skull of Gorgosaurus. It’s probably going to get the Carnegie figure or the X-Plus statue, whichever I find first because they both look great.

Deinosuchus hatcheri (Carnegie Collection)
Late Cretaceous
Length: 35 feet

Einiosaurus procurvicornis (Safari Ltd)
Late Cretaceous

Coelurus fragilis (Mattel)
Late Jurassic
Length: 8 feet
The coloration is a little unrealistic but okay.

Ornitholestes hermanii (Mattel)
Late Jurassic
Length: 7 feet
Ornitholestes was an interesting species choice, but this figure resembles Coelophysis more than it does Ornitholestes. The neck is too long. TS Toys make a pretty good Ornitholestes, but the nasal crest from the 90s is a big setback.

Alioramus remotus (Mattel)
Late Cretaceous
This figure has supinated hands and protofeathers on its neck. For me, it’s better than the Procon Alioramus.

Siats meekerorum (Mattel)
Late Cretaceous
It was one of the last Allosaurs in North America.

Stygimoloch spinifer (Mattel)
Late Cretaceous
Here is another version at 1:20

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm

I recently got my Beasts of the Mesozoic ceratopsians. I only got 4, but they took a dinosaur sized bite out of my credit card. I probably would have gotten more than that if they were so expensive. All of these are from the Late Cretaceous of North America. I was very selective and only got species I really wanted and figures that were more accurate than their previous renditions.

Zuniceratops Christopheri (BoTM)
Late Cretaceous (New Mexico, USA)
This was a more primitive ceratopsian than the others I got. It may be the link between Protoceratops and the later ceratopsians. Coloration based off the Blue Tailed Skink.

Centrosaurus apertus (BoTM)
Late Cretaceous (Alberta, Canada)
Length: 19 feet
There were two ceratopsian families in the late Cretaceous. The Chasmosaurines (including Chasmosaurus, Triceratops, and Torosaurus) and the Centrosaurines (including Styracosaurus, Sinoceratops, and Centrosaurus). David Silva made an adult Centrosaurus (this is the juvenile), but the adult is bigger, costs more, and has an inferior color scheme to the juvenile figure, so getting this one was a no-brainer. Coloration based off some vintage dinosaur movies (Centrosaurus used to be a textbook dinosaur, but no major company has ever rendered one).

Chasmosaurus belli (BoTM)
Late Cretaceous (Alberta, Canada)
While the Ceratopsians series is listed as 1:18, oftentimes the scales are all over the place. This one and the Spiclypeus are the few that are 1:18 that I got. Coloration based off the Green Mantella Frog.

Spiclypeus shipporum (BoTM)
Late Cretaceous (Montana, USA)
This species is only known from one partial specimen named “Judith”. This species was a fairly recent finding, being unearthed and named in 2016. it’s another Chasmosaurine.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Each of the PNSO dinosaurs comes with a story written just for that dinosaur. Sometimes they are stories of power and balance, other times they are sad or motivating. Here are all the stories I have collected.
Paulwin the Dakosaurus and Essien the Spinosaurus
A-Qi the Baby Sinoceratops. It looks good at 1:6. It’s really adorable but I’m hoping the get the adult Sinoceratops to go with it.
Tuojiangosaurus multispinus (PNSO)
Late Jurassic China
Length: 23 feet

Mamenchisaurus houchanensis (PNSO)
Late Jurassic China
Length: 50 to 72 feet
This is a really beautiful figure. It also comes with some great dinosaur artwork in addition to the story.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC   Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection - MOVED TO A NEW TOPIC
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next