Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Aschuck's finds!

Go down 
+19
George
Tupolew Tu-154
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
aschuck
Advicot
Wilorvise
MODELMAN
Tiermann
pipsxlch
Bowhead Whale
Taos
Kikimalou
landrover
Megaptera
NightLioness
widukind
SUSANNE
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 5:12 am

Thanks for letting us know which models you got from that museum. It is quite interesting to see a komodo dragon among them.
I want also to congratulate you for getting one of the AAA Dimetrodons. These prehistoric animals existed even before dinosaurs and actually their sail turns them into very beautiful creatures. I think it would be fun for you to find an edaphosaurus and you could see how these creatures are so similar. A pity nobody released a secodontosaurus yet. Idea

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: AAA dino Babies   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 12:20 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Today I got one of the three things from ebay. It was a lot of four baby dinosaurs by AAA. At least I think their babies, but they're not hatching. Still, I kept the baby dimetrodon, triceratops, and parasaurolophus. My thoughts? Overall a pretty good bunch. As for ordering these and more in the future? Well, let's see what else they made. Anyway, only one from this lot is going in my inventory, so that's a plus. Anyway, the AAA total is 260. As for the full total, I have no idea.

Well, if there's any more news, I'll let you all know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: eAAA Dinos Information for Taw   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 8:09 pm

Dear Sts Friends and Taw Editors:

Well, here it is, the list of what I know about AAA dinosaurs, based on today's additions from ebay:

The list of new additions is as follows:

AAA Apatosaurus Juvenile

AAA Triceratops Juvenile

and AAA Dimetrodon Juvenile.

I sure wish I could share pictures of these, but I can't, sorry. Anyway, now we, as collectors of AAA, know that they did indeed do more than we thought. At least that's how I see it. So, in light of all this info, I have a suggestion: Pages should be made for the Juvenile apatosaurus, triceratops, and dimetrodon, not because we have pictures, but because other collectors, like myfa, might want to know that these figures actually exist. Also, the That-rex Juvenile think exists in a different paint scheme, although I can't quite tell, because the double I got has most of its paint missing. Anyway, I hope this information helps you all. Oh, and here's a look at the full total of my collection. The total is 1386.

Well, I'll let you know if there's more news in the future.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 3:28 am

Sure Anna. I'd be glad of listing them. Though, I am not sure that they're not yet on TAW. Do you think you can describe the pose of the dimetrodon? We have a few on TAW differently posed. For example, if the tail is turned to one of the sides, the head is up or down, animal is walking or not...

aschuck

PostSubject: Yeah, we can do it!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 11:39 am

Dear Roger,

Yes, I can try to describe them for you. First, the dimetrodon has its mouth closed, has its tail off to one side, and is definitely smaller than 8 inches. The dimetrodon is _not walking but just standing there on all fours. The apatosaurus has its head and neck turned to one side. Its tail is just straight I think, and he's just standing there, as if to say "Hey guys, I'm posing for a photo." His mouth is closed. For the triceratops, his mouth is also closed, but he's looking straight ahead, although his tail is slightly curved. All three of these look like babies to me. Also, about the list of creatures I got at that museum, the third dinosaur was a psitacosaurus. If you want more information about the AAA dinosaurs I have, just ask. I hope this helps you in your editing.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: AAA dimetrodon found in a lot of 53 dinos on ebay.   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, the lot of 53 dinos hasn't arrived yet but there's good news: there's a AAA dimetrodon included in the lot. It is, of course, an adult, because it's about 8 inches long. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you all know that this is another find of mine. Boy, I sure hope this lot gets here soon.

Aschuck

P.S. Roger, was my description helpful to you?

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: AAA dimetrodon found.   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 4:04 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Today, the lot of 53 dinosaurs arrived from ebay. Only one of them was AAA, and this one I kept. Here is a short description of it, for those of you who want a description for TAW:

AAA Dimetrodon This one has his tail sort of off to the side. His mouth is closed, and he's just standing there.

Anyway, right now, the AAA total is 261. The full total is 1390.

And I guess that's about it for new additions news, so I'll probably post if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 6:55 pm

What......? 53 dinosaurs......it is a huge lot.

Congratulations.

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: It might be huge but ...   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 7:51 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi, I almost forgot to clarify this: even though the lot was huge, 52 figures I'm going to be selling. In other words, I kept only one, and that was the AAA dimetrodon. Anyway, I just thought I'd make that clear to those of you who don't quite understand. Anyway, that's about it for news, so I'll write again if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Anna, your description of the dinosaurs was very helpful.
The triceratops is surely not listed on TAW because those we have listed have their mouth open.
I am not sure if the Apatasaurus is different from the model listed on TAW, I believe it is and I will list it too until someone provide a pictures.
About the dimetrodon, I am convinced it is the same of one of those listed. Thanks for info and congratulations for getting these models.

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 3:28 pm

Aschuk: if you see that you have figures that are missing on TAW, please photograph them so we could put them on the site! We will be extremely pleased!
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: No can do for you   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 5:15 pm

Dear Bowhead Whale,

Well, my dear, this photo thingy is sort of a not-can-do for me. This is because I don't know how to use a camera. So, in essence, I can't get you pictures. At least not right now. I'm pretty sure I have a lot of figures missing on Taw, but I have no way of independently photographing them myself. See? It's all very complicated. Anyway, I hope you understand.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Okay, I really don't know what to put here.   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, just saying, I am _so frustrated! The reason is that none of you, except Roger, seem to understand that I am blind, and I always have been. Because of this, I can't operate a camera. So, in light of this, I literally can't give you what you ask for which is pictures for Taw. There! Is _that clear enough for you? To be fair, I've never operated a camera in my life. True I have the information you're looking for, just no pictures. Oh man, I wish that I could help Taw, but I'm no good as far as coding goes. Oh well, I suppose I'll still be a member, but just understand that I really can't help out with Taw, because I don't have anyone to take pictures. Literally. Anyway, I can keep supplying you with descriptions, for AAA figures and such, but that's about all I can do. At least for now, anyway. Well, I can no longer write in this post, so I'll keep you informed if there are more new additions.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 3:14 am

Anna, no reason to feel frustrated. Bowhead Whale is just commited with Toy Animal Wiki as you are and she wants to see the Wiki growing and she politely asked for pictures. Obviously she was not aware that you cannot manage a camera. I know you want so much to contribute for TAW and even if you can't provide pictures as you did in the past with the help of your friend, it is useful, at least for me, that you provide some descriptions as you've been doing lately. There are so many versions of some animals that a little detail can help us identifying the slightly different models. Your help with product numbers has been also important. Currently, I am trying to sort all great white sharks, it seems there are loads of versions and I will need the help of everyone, including yourself. I just want to put it clear, you're very welcome on STS-Forum and as long as you enjoy it, your participation in this community will be appreciated. Very Happy

aschuck

PostSubject: Hey Thanks for the Encouragement   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 9:11 am

Dear Roger,

Hey, thank you so much for the encouragement, I really needed it, as I was almost in tears when writing that post, I think you know which one I mean. Anyway, here are some descriptions which you might find useful when editing the AAA whales section:

Aaa made a blue whale with the mouth closed, and sperm whale with the mouth closed and also a killer whale with the mouth closed. I know this because I have all three of these models in my collection. They also made a lion who looks almost like the walking lioness on Taw, only he has a mane and all that, but essentially, he's in sort of the same position as the lioness. This walking lion is also in my collection. Perhaps you could create a page for him sometime. Anyway, I think at this point, even though descriptions is all I can do, Well, I think I'll stick around, and see how things go with Taw.

Thanks again for the encouragement,

Aschuck

P.S. If you need more help with descriptions I would be happy to help.

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 10:02 am

aschuck wrote:
Dear Roger,

Hey, thank you so much for the encouragement, I really needed it, as I was almost in tears when writing that post, I think you know which one I mean.  Anyway, here are some descriptions which you might find useful when  editing the AAA whales section:

Aaa made a blue whale with the mouth closed, and sperm whale with the mouth closed and also a killer whale with the mouth closed. I know this because I have all three of these models in my collection. They also made a lion who looks almost like the walking lioness on Taw, only he has a mane and all that, but essentially, he's in sort of the same position as the lioness. This walking lion is also in my collection. Perhaps you could create a page for him sometime. Anyway, I think at this point, even though descriptions is all I can do, Well, I think I'll stick around, and see how things go with Taw.  

Thanks again for the encouragement,

Aschuck

P.S. If you need more help with descriptions I would be happy to help.

I AM SO SORRY! I was totally unaware that you were visually challenged. It actually never crossed my narrow mind.

As for the descriptions of the whales with their mouths closed, you are totally right. I have kbock-offs of those whales models at home. I just never could use them for TAW, because, well, they are knock-offs. Hollow knock-offs. They were bought in a dollar store back in 1996. But I did see the real things in stores in 1993. I wish I had the common sense to buy them all, I only have the right whale.

In other words, you are doing an incredible work to help us out. The fact that I didn,t realize you were blind can be a proof of that.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: eNo Big Deal Bowhead Whale   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 10:31 am

Dear Bowhead Whale,

Hey, I just wanted to say, being blind is no big deal. After all, it was my mom and dad who taught me to read and write. And when I was in high school, dad did a great job ⠞⠂⠡⠬ geometry. ⠠⠎ really, there's no reason to feel sad or sorry for me, because being blind is part of who I am. It's as simple as that. Of course there are a few drawbacks, like not being able to take pictures when they're really needed, but otherwise, it's pretty good. Also, I have autism as well as blindness, so in retrospect the autism is the bigger of the two problems. Yeah, I remomber when I was 14, I was learning Moonlight Sonata from Braille music. Yeah, it took me several lessons to learn that, but eventually I got it right. As of late, I'm still doing piano, and although my teacher doesn't _know Braille music, he knows music like the back of his hand. Right now, we're working on writing down, on staff paper, a piece called "Heaven." The piece itself is meant for piano and orchestra, although the piano part for the first and second movements is complete, we're now working on the orchestra. The piece itself is really, in some ways a sort of soundtrack. The background story that goes with the music is basically this:

A very old Kaleidoscope Man is on his deathbed, and an angel, disguised as a human, comes to him and asks: "So, have you heard of Jesus?" and the Kaleidoscope Man get really excited, and says, "Yeah, was he the guy that did this thingy and this thingy ..." and he starts counting off all the notable events of Jesus' lifetime on his fingers. "Right," the angel says, and then they get into a conversation about the garden of eden, and how things all started. The angel says, "So, a long time ago, in the Garden of Eden, it was one kaleidoscope man and woman who secretly spied on Adam and Eve, and saw them eat the forbidden apple." "Yeah," says the kaleidoscope man in the present, "I remember, there was this billionaire guy who kept coming around when I was five, and he and the grown-ups would talk and talk about the Eden Fund. I never knew what they were talking about." "Right," says the angel, "So this billionaire man probably donated some of his money to help out your race, because at that time, your race was going through some hard times." So, while the Kaleidoscope man and angel are talking, the kaleidoscope man is remembering himself living on the wharf, and having this adorable little dog who just races around the house, and rves his master like crazy. Then another memory comes to mind, and the kaleidoscope man remembers jumping into the ocean to find liquid color. He's about twelve at this point, and in the back of his mind, he's thinking, "If anyone finds out my true identity, that's going to be really bad." Finally, the angel talks the kaleidoscope man through becoing a Christian, and the kaleidoscope man dies, and his soul walks up heaven's stairs, and opens heaven's door, and on the other side, there's this enormouas crowd of people. Thousands of angels are there, and God's there, and Jesus is there, and everybody is giving the kaleidoscope man a standing ovation. And that's the end of the story.

It's really cool, when you think about it. Anyway, if you want to hear the piece called heaven, maybe someday, I'll get it recorded so that all of you Sts members can listen to it. Well, let me know what you think. And I'll let you know if there're any more new additions.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 11:32 am

Anna, please keep contributing with your descriptions! AAA is such a diverse and complex brand any help at all is a HUGE contribution, photos or not. I can understand things getting frustrating, but I for one am happy to see your active posts even though I can't always reply. And please don't hesitate to ask for descriptions for Schleich products and the like! I am happy to help your collection where I can. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 5:52 pm

One question: what is a kaleidoscope man exactly? Is it a figure IN the kaleidoscope or is it someone who LOOKS IN a kaleidoscope?
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Kaleidoscope man info   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 8:31 pm

Dear Bowhead Whale,

Okay, here we go. The Short answer to your question: Kaleidoscope people, as a race are like us humans, only their bodies are 80% liquid color. There's a whole entry written about them in my fictional creatures document. Because they are 80% liquic color, their skin glows from within. It's almost like, oh how can I describe them, almost like you take a big box that lights up, and you change that form into human shape. It's like that, sort of. As for liquid color? Well, that's easy. Liquid color is basically like water coming out of the ground, only this is _not water. It's a warm sort of sweet liquid that kaleidoscope people drink, and that is their main source of food. As to its appearance, it looks like a giant geyser, with the colors of fireworks within it, shooting out of the ground. It's quite impressive really. As for the physiology of kaleidoscope people, their emotions can change their overall skin glow. For example, if a kaleidoscope man gets really mad, then his overall skin glow, which is normally orange, changes to red. Also, when a kaleidoscope person dies, the liquid color vanishes from their flesh, and their body becomes a little heap of white dust. If you want more information about these beings, then just ask, and I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Anna.

P.S. I didn't only mess around with kaleidoscope people, but made other entries too, for kaleidoscope mermaids, and other kaleidoscope related creatures, and beings.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 3:46 am

Anna, I am taking notes of these AAA figures. About these whales, we often mention when they have the mouth open but when they have the mouth closed we just do not mention it. Thus, I believe we have those listed already but I am not sure. About the lion, I think I didn't know about it. There are so many AAA lion figures! Shocked
I surely would love to listen to this piece if you ever get it recorded. Braille music is a genial system that almost got forgoten and it is wonderful to see a young person as you are being able of giving good use to it.

aschuck

PostSubject: AAA is really my specialty   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi again. Hey, is anyone else ordering the ice giant and lava smasher from Schleich? I've been able to get descriptions of these, and I'm planning on getting them, to be guards for my kingdom. So, just wondering if anyone else is getting these. Also, do we have any entries on Taw concerning AAA giant pacific octopi? If we don't, we should. I have, in the portrait box, a large giant pacific octopus, and I'm planning on getting the AAA jumbo model, so I was wondering if anyone has already gone ahead and created pages for these yet? If they haven't, then they probably should. As for new additions, no news yet. Anyway, there's nothing more to report for now, so I'll post if there's more news.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 9:08 pm

Hey Anna, since you like AAA and I don't know if you have this unusual one, here's a link for a Goodwill auction with the cuttlefish. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maybe your dad can help describe it? Mine feels very interesting to me, it's pretty big and substantial, with a smooth body, 8 short tentacles on its head, and 2 longer ones that end in paddle shapes with suckers.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Hey Anna, since you like AAA and I don't know if you have this unusual one, here's a link for a Goodwill auction with the cuttlefish. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maybe your dad can help describe it? Mine feels very interesting to me, it's pretty big and substantial, with a smooth body, 8 short tentacles on its head, and 2 longer ones that end in paddle shapes with suckers.

Very well described and in my opinion a perfect figure for Anna. The sea star is also spectacularly realistic. Lifesized, with a rich texture and featuring a common species with the traditional 5 arms. I also hope someday to put my hands in one of these. Wink

aschuck

PostSubject: AAA Great White Shark 11"   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 9:39 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Today, I was looking at my inventory, and found a AAA great White Shark who is 11" long. So I thought, "Hey, I might keep this." So I put it in my portrait box, and I was wondering, do we need a picture of this one? If we do, then I've got it in there. Also, last night, I was looking at ebay, and found a AAA Tiger Shark who is 4.5 inches. Hey! Maybe I'd like more AAA sharks. Anyway, that's the news for new additions. The current total of AAA in my collection is 262.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aschuck's finds!   AAA Aschuck's finds! - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Aschuck's finds!
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next