Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coral species? 3/14/24

Go down 
+22
Tove
Joliezac
halichoeres
Jill
George
pipsxlch
Bonnie
Dutch Bear
Rakel
Birdsage
Kikimalou
Roger
Taos
endogenylove
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
landrover
Advicot
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 10:02 pm

endogenylove wrote:
The ones with short tails seem to be inspired vaguely by a shingleback skink, but the colors and the rest of the body are inaccurate at best.
Thats what I was thinking also...

And a collared lizard and day gecko may work. Thank you both for your suggestions!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 8:55 am

Lots of mystery items here, many I don't expect much identification from but figured even a long shot might turn up some interesting things...

Any brands, species, etc.? Some look vaguely familiar but my brain has been scattered lately I can't come up with anything.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 3:02 am

Jill? I think she will have the answer to some. That freaky horse on the bottom has a paintjob like a collie/sheltie she posted not long ago, and I know she has many of those cats. I recently found a black appy like those but no info on the manufacturer. Safari on the butterflies?

Really like the retriever over the stretching cat, diagonal to the jumping shepherd. Great lot find for some customizing bait!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 3:36 am

Thats what I thought too, the one paint looks a lot like the WR/K&M super collie. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 12:03 pm

Lots of these reptiles and bugs look really familiar and some I own myself so am also interested to know their brand, hopefully someone will know more! I've had them for years and years so they must have been released quite a long time ago, but I've never been able to work out the brand sadly. I think some of the horses at the top may be Wing Crown though! Very Happy
These dogs are wonderful too! cheers I've also been puzzling over their brand since I saw them in a lot not so long ago, I love them, especially the retrievers! I'm not sure why but NF toys rings a bell for the GSD but I may be wrong- and for the others I just sort of assumed they were by a China company like Waiphoon who produced dogs with a similar style! But it's so hard to know! study
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 3:55 pm

The dog, horse, and donkey circled in green are (possibly) from the 1998 Safari Ltd Farm Toob. I say possibly because the only pictures I've found are of a not-sealed toob, but considering how often I see all these together, I am willing to believe that's how they were originally packaged.

Here's the toob for reference:

The horses that are knock offs of Breyer G1 stablemate molds are all sold in a pack together by "Prextex" and also "Skylety" currently on Amazon (no clue on manufacturer). The colors seem to vary (yours aren't all an exact match), but I bet it's the same thing - a pack of no-brand horses sold in a "party pack" together. I always call that black and yellow horse the "salamander horse" when I see it for sale. Laughing

And the cats circled in red are from the Gremlin Cat package, hahaha. Mine was packaged as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but they are available as a lot of things. Here they are as HAPTIME farm animals. Again, no idea who is actually making them - a lot of places seem to be distributing them. The colors of yours match mine pretty well, so perhaps yours was also the same 'release.'

The set of dogs with collars is really familiar, I have seen them around in lots, but haven't discovered a source yet. I love the little clear dog and the crazy colored horse!! It is interesting how similar it is to the collie in the pattern of the markings. I wonder if that suggests they were made in the same place? Painted in the same place?

I feel like the bugs, lizards, snakes, and frogs are a similar story to the horses and cats. I have a lot of those, or a lot of ones similar to those, that were also sold in packs. Some of them are Greenbriar (Dollar Tree) molds, but I don't know if Greenbriar is the origin of the molds. I don't really know what Greenbriar IS, haha. Is it a production company? Or a distributor?? Manufacturer? I can't remember what the difference is anymore. Palmface
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 6:34 pm

I got it- that crazy horse is an Avatar horse! Laughing Palmface Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 8:03 pm

Thank you everyone! I used to ignore this type of model but with Jill on forum we are learning new things every day! Will probably keep the psychadelic paint horse, for kicks.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 8:31 pm

The two butterflies come from either the K&M Mini Butterfly Polybag set or the Insect Lore Big Bunch-O Butterflies tube (the latter used models from the former).

Species-wise, the pale butterfly is the greater orangetip, Hebomia glaucippe (Taiwanese subspecies, based on other figures of this species), and the blue butterfly is a Morpho (M. peleides or M. menelaus, you pick)

The other insects are all generic and show up in dollar store bin sets and bags
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 8:47 pm

Thank you Blaine! Thats what I needed, species for the butterflies to add to my own collection. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 10:29 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you Blaine! Thats what I needed, species for the butterflies to add to my own collection. Very Happy

The paint isn't great on the great orangetip, but if you follow the 'paint pedigree' from the original Club Earth butterfly that started the trend you'll see.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 1:23 am

the grey and yellow horses with the green tail are awesome Very Happy Applause cheers

and the crazy blue yellow black horse is just amazing! indeed, just like Jill's and Kelly's matching dogs

how fun to find these surreal animals!

this clear dog looks to me like a lucite one, that probably came in a set and was put in a glass display cabinet circa the 1950's

Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 2:19 am

sunny wrote:

the grey and yellow horses with the green tail are awesome Very Happy  Applause cheers

and the crazy blue yellow black horse is just amazing! indeed, just like Jill's and Kelly's matching dogs

how fun to find these surreal animals!

this clear dog looks to me like a lucite one, that probably came in a set and was put in a glass display cabinet circa the 1950's

Oh yes!! My Nan had some, a mouse and babies, a deer and babies and a swan & babies. The babies were attached to the adult with a chain :)
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 11:15 pm

sunny wrote:

I've never seen lucite animals like that, I only had cartoony ones. Now I feel the urge to collect the realistic dog ones . . . I love those!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 2:45 am

Any ideas on species or other details here? Some vintage style fish now commonly used as chinamals, a K&M frog I cant find on TAW, and a Rinargo(?) Rinaroo(?) 1971... I can't make out the rest.

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 11:46 am

The yellow/white fish on the left is a Chaetodon ocellatus. Roger, pardofelis and myself identified it in my own identification thread :)

The blue frog is a Dendrobates tinctorius "azureus"
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 4:54 am

Could it be Rinarco? Not that that helps.... cool frog though, and a real oldie!

The green fish is neat, no idea what species they had in mind but it has a nice artistic feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 10:41 pm

Thank you both! I was in a rush to post these before an appointment... I know what the K&M frog is (brand and species), but what series is it from? I have the tube of frogs and this one is different. No year printed either to help with ID...

The frog is indeed nice Kelly! Material is heavy rubber type stuff like AAA models. 

Thanks for the help with the one fish! If anyone else has any ideas for the others based on shape at least I can repaint them to be more realistic later.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 2:26 am

I took my husband to Joann's today, he wanted a pair of eyeglasses for his Santa doll. Laughing No luck there, but when I walked by their limited model supply, I saw the psychedelic collie (in normal colors) in a toob and many of the horses (also more or less normal) in another. Of course, the German shepherd had weird banding or striping... Rolling Eyes but maybe that answers where some of the models came from- K&M/Funrise.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 2:31 am

Frog mystery solved! It's 'Inarco', with an R in a circle preceding the name. I've found your frog, along with a green one (both in 2 sizes), tortoises the same, and a mallard drake. Sounds like they're another of the mysterious mid century Hong Kong manufacturers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 6:42 pm

Oh wonderful Kelly!!! Thank you for the frog ID and I hope your husband can find some glasses for his santa figure. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 3:29 pm

I can't help much but I am really curious about your blue poison dart frog.
It is defintely not on TAW but there are loads of K&M frogs missing on TAW.
For instance, we miss the Wildepedia frogs set, the Polybag of mini frogs, a bucket and those we can see in an old catalogue. I'm convinced your model is not from those first sets I mentioned since they look different and I believe the Wildepedia models are just marked China.
I am not sure but I suspect there is a frog Nature or Adventure tube previous to the 2007 tube but this is just guesswork.
Could you please provide a picture for TAW, we have a page for other K&M figures, those we cannot find the right set. Also, if it is easy for you to find the Nature tube brother, could you show them together?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 7:23 pm

I will be happy to provide photos for TAW of the new frog, but I will wait a little longer until I can unpack his brother from the known set. That way we can compare!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 7:27 pm

And now... I am very confused. A while back I bought a set of bird models that I highly suspected were copied Nayabs (same mould, but very soft flimsy plastic, poorer coloration than the few known models etc.).

The last few weeks I have been lucky to add more of these models to my collection, much better quality plastic and paint work, I supposed they were actual Nayab models. They are not marked as such, and I can't dig out my other nayab/copied models yet to compare but... Here are what I have added recently, alongside new additions that are also smaller and similar to some of the moulds? Someone had a spoonbill of the mini size somewhere on forum recently but I can't remember where I saw it. I also have a Nayab(?) puffin packed away and I know it was double the size of the one here. ...help?....

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 7:37 pm

Ricardo told about several variations of those birds. My conviction is that Nayab copied with small changes an older series and now these retouched moulds are sold under many different brand names and diversified finish quality.
I confess I have a good number of pictures of these birds to list on TAW and I don't even know how to start.
Is the spoonbill you're asking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] posted by Roger?
About the frog, just take your time, no hurries.

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coral species? 3/14/24
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next