Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coral species? 3/14/24

Go down 
+22
Tove
Joliezac
halichoeres
Jill
George
pipsxlch
Bonnie
Dutch Bear
Rakel
Birdsage
Kikimalou
Roger
Taos
endogenylove
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
landrover
Advicot
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 3:22 am

Thank you! Excellent sleuth work Bonnie! I think I will leave the dog and goat alone after all in case I ever find any more models like it. Clicking on your links there is a camel in that same style too so they are obviously a nativity type of set.

As for the dog I was hoping for a borzoi sort of model but the head is all wrong. Oh well, I love mutts too. Wink

Thanks again for your detective work everyone!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 4:27 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you! Excellent sleuth work Bonnie! I think I will leave the dog and goat alone after all in case I ever find any more models like it. Clicking on your links there is a camel in that same style too so they are obviously a nativity type of set.

As for the dog I was hoping for a borzoi sort of model but the head is all wrong. Oh well, I love mutts too. Wink

Thanks again for your detective work everyone!
Yes, definitely! Very Happy Nothing beats the unique and marvellous 'breed': the mutt! Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 6:49 am

Any ideas on brand or species for these? The fish I have a few ideas for repainting but was curious what other takes on a species you guys migh have. Nothing fits perfectly (usually a fin is just slightly out of place) but please send me your thoughts on this one! The other is a... hermit crab? I haven't seen split antennae on them before though...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 7:28 am

the hermit crab was also used by PEC in their set of crabs that were otherwise PV knockoffs, but I don't know where the sculpt originated.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 7:45 am

I have seen it in a few places on forum and in real life but have never seen a brand really attributed to the crab. Thanks Blaine!

Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 8:02 am

The fish looks like a northern red snapper, but the pectoral fin is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 7:41 pm

What do you think of Labrus bimaculatus?

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 1:46 am

Better ID, except for the fact that the dorsal fin of the figure is slightly split in two. I think this is generic.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 4:01 am

Thanks for the suggestions! Pardo, your ID is in line what I had been thinking. Now I just need to decide if I want a male or female.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 3:06 pm

I think the split antennae on the crab is just inaccurate imaging of a hermit by some lower budget sculpting studio. I've seen it in a few inexpensive sets.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 1:57 pm

Ok, a couple new ones. First off I thought these were puppy in my pocket figures when I found them but they are marked as MILTO ...? Any info on the brand? Secondly this adorable little critter from Kelly first struck me as a sabertooth cub but maybe it could pass as another species... hope to determine what so I can repaint the cute little guy!

The prehistoric model is a little buck-toothed for a saber, and the stamp on the Yorkie and pug read 1993 MILTO, the russel terrier 1996.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 10:32 pm

They are puppy in my pocket and the last letter is a 'D' instead of an 'O'.
It is M.I.LTD Wink and it means Morrison International Limited. MEG stands for Morrison Entertainment Group. study Wink

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 12:52 am

Roger wrote:
They are puppy in my pocket  and the last letter is a 'D' instead of an 'O'.
It is M.I.LTD Wink  and it means Morrison International Limited. MEG stands for Morrison Entertainment Group. study Wink
Yes, Roger got it exactly right! cheers cheers cheers
For series 1 (The first 24 dogs) at first they were marked with M.I.LTD, and then later the same dogs were marked with MEG- so you have the older versions! Very Happy And looking at some of mine it appears that the 'M.I.LTD' ones were made of a more bendy plastic study !
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 5:45 am

Excellent info, thank you both!

Any ideas on the little kitty guy?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 3:41 pm

New batch. I am thinking the orange and white banded snake resembles an albino corn snake in coloration. However it has a python/boa like head.

No idea on the small mammal, a Nayab. It has a hog nose and I scoured my reference books and came up with nothing that matched well. Some Australian marsupials are close but....

The pit viper... an Arizona black rattler? Any other ideas?

Not great with turtles at all. Any ideas are appreciated!

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 11:19 pm

The mammal is a Nayab figure from one of their wild animal sets.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I use mine as a possum, I think you can use what you want.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 4:38 am

Here's something I love about this forum, the huge range of knowledge and recognition - anyone can hold up an animal figure and say 'what's this?', and within a day or so, somebody else pops in with an 'oh, that's a so-and-so' and any extra info needed! Applause

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 5:28 am

This Nayab possum is very nice. cheers cheers

Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 7:10 am

The turtles are generic Nayab turtles sold by Wild Republic. The first one appears to be a spiny turtle hatchling with the color pattern of the PV figure, the next two are generic tortoises, and the last three are alligator snapping turtle hatchlings.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 7:20 am

With the snake, since you've already pointed out the colors and the head shape, why not just switch out corn snake for a red-tail boa? It would be a very simplified version of the boa's pattern, but the albinos are essentially cream with red stripes at their most reduced. You could even call it sunglow if you wanted a designer morph title for it. Wink

I love all of them!! I have some unpainted versions of those little turtles. I like the snappers especially.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 8:47 am

Thanks everyone. I know the mammal is a nayab, and probably a type of possum, but no idea on what sort of possum?

If the turtles are Nayab they are a mini variation as these are very small. Thanks for the species suggestions.

Thanks Jill! A red tailed boa color morph is a perfect suggestion and maybe I feel a repaint coming on... Wink

Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 9:43 am

Honey possum? The tail is thin and the snout is appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 12:30 pm

The issue I have is the nose is fairly short and hog like (flat, not rounded). I am thinking of repainting it to better fit... what do you all think of these possibilities:
Common ringtail possum
Northern ringtail possum
Coppery brushtail possum

I am mostly leaning towards this one:
Shorteared possum

Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 3:15 pm

Go with the short-eared possum.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 3:35 pm

Next batch of weird things. Found a bag of little dinos thrift shopping. The lowest tier has what I think is the PV cynognathus but it isn't stamped PV... I vaguely remember maybe their dinos didn't have the brand on them? Can anyone confirm? The others on the bottom tier are all stamped with the species name and the letter K. In the past this has been indicative of brands like Innovative Kids. Perhaps these are part of one of their dino groovy tubes? Does anybody know?

The others are all stamped Made in China or not at all. Thought it wouldn't hurt to include them just in case... Any info or guesses are appreciated! The strawberry colored stego isn't very accurate but it is cute, and the Godzilla guy on the top right is sort of fun to look at too. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coral species? 3/14/24   Coral species? 3/14/24 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coral species? 3/14/24
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next